Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=152450)

TWG Jade Harley 10-16-2020 11:16 PM

TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

Good End 2

WOLVES WIN

BAD END

Good End 2 is here! Defeat the wolves among you and fight for your Good End! The power roles on both sides start off basic and weak, but dynamically evolve based on the decisions you make during the game. Are you the type of person to use your power for your own satisfaction? Or do you make mechanically correct plays even at the cost of your own excitement? Your role will change based on what you do.

Use these tools at your disposal to make sure your team comes out on top!

========

COMMON INFO:

13 Players
Semi Open Setup (Special Case: Role evolutions are hidden):
Special: Please allow 1-3 hours after day end for roles to resolve.
Day start
48 Hour days, 24 hour nights until 7 players remain, then 24 hour days/nights.
Days start and end at 11PM Server Time.
Nightchat is OFF
Kitb is ON (Unannounced)
No Lynch is ON (Cannot be chosen twice in a row)
No Kill is ON
Wolf Daychat is VARIABLE (ON when Informant is alive. OFF when they are dead.)
No actions are randomized in this game.

Role Setup:

1 Basic Seer
1 Basic Watcher or 1 Basic Tracker
1 Basic Guard or 1 Basic Jailkeeper

6 Basic Townies [No Role]

1 Basic Thief or 1 Basic Tinkerer
1 Basic Strongman or 1 Basic Ninja
1 Informant

1 Alien XY

NOTE: Basic roles are generally weaker versions of the namesake roles. The role PM might contain additional information not listed here.

ROLE INFO:

=======

Basic Seer - A 1 shot seer. Pick a player to learn their alignment

- This role will change depending on how/when you use it and the actions taken in the game. -

=======

Basic Watcher - A 1 shot watcher ability. Pick a player to learn who (if anyone) targeted them for a night action.

- This role will change depending on how/when you use it and the actions taken in the game. -

=======

Basic Tracker - A 1 shot tracking ability. Pick a player to learn who (if anyone) they targeted for a night action

=======

Basic Guard - A 1 shot guarding ability. Pick a player to guard from dying to a night kill. You can pick yourself.

=======

Basic Jailkeeper - A 1 shot jail keeping ability. Pick a player, their night actions taken will fail and any killing action targeting them will fail as well. You can jail yourself.

========

Basic Thief - A 1 shot thieving ability, pick a player to steal any beneficial effects they are receiving that night.

========

Basic Tinkerer
- 1 shot tinkerer; after activating this ability, you can pick one of these 2 abilities to activate, the other is lost.

- Motion Detector - If actions are performed on or by a chosen player, you will be informed they took place.

- Time Capsule - Choose a player, any action targeting them takes an extra day to resolve its effect. You are not informed if you successfully delayed an action.

========

Basic Strongman - 1 shot strongman kill. You can choose to activate this ability; if you make the kill this night, it cannot be guarded against or stopped by any means.

========

Basic Ninja - 1 shot ninja kill. You can choose to activate this ability; if you make the kill this night, it cannot be detected by any ability that detects night actions.

========

Informant - Passively allows wolf daychat by being alive. This ability cannot be blocked. Role is treated as if they were a basic vanilla wolf for the sake of resolving actions.
========

Alien XY - Little is known about this mysterious life form and what plans it has for us.

Properties:

The Alien can never become unlynchable or unkillable

The only publicly known ability of the alien is:

Celestial: [ALWAYS ACTIVE] The Alien’s vote doesn't count and is ignored when tallying votes for a lynch

All other properties are unknown or are publicly announced by the host during the game.

The Alien begins the game with only 1 ability [Observe]. The Alien augments themselves by drawing from a “OOPArts Technology” deck of abilities depending on the flow of the game and conditions fulfilled. The contents of this deck and the conditions for receiving cards, as well as their effects, are known only to the Alien.

The Alien has a third party win condition and leaves the game victorious when it is completed, and leaves the game defeated if it is not completed or becomes impossible. The victory condition is variable and is known only to the Alien.

========

10/5 UPDATE: Minimum posting limit in effect. Its in the single digits. Failure to meet this post count per day may result in replacement

Player list:

1. Hakulyte Regular Seer Another, killed n3
2. Bugkid666 Basic Townie, survived to lose
3. Mellonxcollie Basic Townie, lynched d3
4. XelNya Informant, survived to win
5. Funnygirl555 True Phantom Thief, lynched d4
6. Flashflash account Basic Jailkeeper, killed n1
7. Wayward Vagabond, _Zenith_ Enforcer Another, survived to win
8. Cedolad Basic Townie, lynched d5
9. Shadow_God_10 Basic Townie, killed n2
10. the sun fan Basic Townie, lynched d1
11. Xiz Alien XY, lynched d2
12. SubaruPoptart Basic Townie, survived to lose
13. evanescence_death4ever, MixMasterLar Regular Watcher, killed n4

Replacements:
1. _Zenith_
2. Bolth mannn
3. MixMasterLar

TWG Jade Harley 10-16-2020 11:18 PM

Re: TWG 197 - TWGood End 2: Postgame

https://discord.gg/gA29Myx < Deadchat

https://discord.gg/CWPf5Re < Wolfchat

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing < Role List and mechanics

Bolth mannn 10-16-2020 11:21 PM

Well, I think that was the worst TWG game I’ve ever spectated.
Freezins setup deserved better :(

MML played well, zenith also made a good effort in last phase but there were so many holes in his story I’m shocked town didn’t see past it.

Yea thats all I got

XelNya 10-16-2020 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747265)

MML played well, zenith also made a good effort in last phase but there were so many holes in his story I’m shocked town didn’t see past it.

Yea thats all I got

You forgot Haku tho

Haku played good

He did

Bolth mannn 10-16-2020 11:26 PM

Haku played well but I was salty he got rid of alien so fast

TWG Jade Harley 10-16-2020 11:26 PM

Really early preliminary analysis:

My opinion is that near the end that shouldve been a fairly cut and dry town win that was thwarted by subaru forgetting once again when eod is and failing to vote.

Bugkid and Cedo pretty much had the spirit of the situation figured out. Mechanics trump everything in this situation and Zeniths explanation made very little sense. He had to to keep telling lies to cover his tracks and believing him or believing MML was a classic occams razor situation.

Zenith voting for cedo in lylo creates a situation where if he flips wolf, Xel is all but certainly the last wolf. Xel openly probed for subaru's opinion in what shouldve been a straightforward situation from his point of view if he was green sealed the deal.

But again, lack of a hammer from Subaru hamstrung town and the day end went to kitb which cedo sadly lost

TWG Jade Harley 10-16-2020 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747265)

Yea thats all I got

I sort of feel the same way.

If i rerolled it i would simplify things a bit but Alien dying so quickly combined with general inactivity on the back end made me sad.

and there were so many derp plays like killing sunfan d0 and raeko dying at all

MixMasterLar 10-16-2020 11:33 PM

Every one of you shoupd be ashamed up to and including Zenith for that Steve Rodger tier shit claim thad anyone stop and thought about for two seconds

The worst game from start to finish I've ever played. First half both sides just didnt care and last phase both sides didn't think

TWG Jade Harley 10-16-2020 11:37 PM

MVP is split between Xelnya and MML

Xelnya played a great game until the small misstep at the end but i cant really fault him for that due to the situation being somewhat out of his control.

MML despite being on the losing team replaced in, cleaned up the slot, and completely dominated the game. He played like a rockstar and even left the keys to the kingdom for town to win that they failed to capitalize on.

XelNya 10-16-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4747270)
Every one of you shoupd be ashamed up to and including Zenith for that Steve Rodger tier shit claim thad anyone stop and thought about for two seconds

The worst game from start to finish I've ever played. First half both sides just didnt care and last phase both sides didn't think

you voted for the other PR

Funnygurl555 10-16-2020 11:38 PM

Bolth mannn 10-16-2020 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4747272)
you voted for the other PR

the vote itself was eh but it seemed like a genuine enough reason to be suspicious of haku, its not like it was close to insta or anything either

MixMasterLar 10-16-2020 11:50 PM

Whats worse, that or Zenith conversing with me after my claim and then pretending he couldnt CC me becausecwork?

Plus any idiot who could read would know i unvoted for most of the phase, including before you even saw it

But hey town's not gonna actually check I guess

Shadow_God_10 10-16-2020 11:54 PM

This was one of the better games I've played I think, but man...

I was so sad to see town derail from the bleachers

cedolad 10-16-2020 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4747275)
Whats worse, that or Zenith conversing with me after my claim and then pretending he couldnt CC me becausecwork

yo I said that

Shadow_God_10 10-16-2020 11:59 PM

Also I cannot believe I got killed because wolf team believed Xiz's info

Wayward Vagabond 10-17-2020 12:00 AM

Sorry guys work has been hell and had I known it was going to be how it's been I wouldn't have signed up to begin with

Hakulyte 10-17-2020 12:04 AM

I lied about my PR role and voted poorly. So, no MVP here for sure.

My main concern had to do with separating low activity town players from wolf team.

I felt like I had to rely heavily on meta to push the game in the right direction.
I wish people posted more with the attempt to solve each other.

Xiz 10-17-2020 12:09 AM

really glad wolves won

cedolad 10-17-2020 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4747283)
really glad wolves won

scary xiz is spoopy

cedolad 10-17-2020 12:12 AM

and was only like 1/3rd right lol

Hakulyte 10-17-2020 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4747285)
and was only like 1/3rd right lol

If you take the green checks into account, you were forced to be 100% right on Xelnya/Zenith because the rest were green checks.

the sun fan 10-17-2020 08:59 AM

I think there was a lot that went wrong here
you just have to vote, guys

if I make a funny meme video about it would that convince you guys to do it more often?

the sun fan 10-17-2020 08:59 AM

no one's really said bugkid did a good job
I think bugkid did a good job

flashflash account 10-17-2020 09:14 AM

I didn't get to play
FG didn't even TRY to pocket me smh

j-rodd123 10-17-2020 09:57 AM

ok i didn't follow this game at all and also didnt read the mechanics. but i did read the last phase and correct me if im wrong but what i saw was: zenith was mod confirmed to have visited the dead player. but he also said he is a watcher. but then watched a person other than the person the mod said he visited. but then outed tracking results instead of a watch???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

_Zenith_ 10-17-2020 09:58 AM

I mentioned the Dichotomy game for a specific reason here, but I did exactly this gambit in that game which caused us to win with the entire wolf team intact, however it wasn't pretty then and it certainly wasn't pretty now.

Our original plan wasn't for me to do this, this was my snap decision after seeing MML use something to out publicly who targeted/visited him in the night. We were banking on Bug still maintaining his Cedo wolf read and once he flipped we both thought it was over.

I felt like my entry was fine, but obviously I rapidly deteriorated as the game progressed, and I was absolutely swamped with work to where I couldn't even get into thread for nearly an entire phase, and I actively broke rules at work just to post that last day and I really did appreciate people bashing me for it.

Xel definitely deserved MVP here, he was playing a terrifying wolf game and got himself into deep wolf before my gambit and everything and the funny part was he wasn't trying all that hard to do it.

Unfortunately though, I came to the realization that I just cannot play TWG any longer due to how busy I am with what's going on with my life, so I will be retiring from it for I'm not sure how long, but I cannot keep having people bash me for it while I'm at work or just busy with school/etc, and it isn't fair to any of the players to have to deal with an inactive. I don't want any sappiness to transpire because of this, this is just the most logical option for me, but hey I got to go out on a wolf win :^ )

Had fun regardless, and thank you for hosting Freezin!

_Zenith_ 10-17-2020 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4747298)
ok i didn't follow this game at all and also didnt read the mechanics. but i did read the last phase and correct me if im wrong but what i saw was: zenith was mod confirmed to have visited the dead player. but he also said he is a watcher. but then watched a person other than the person the mod said he visited. but then outed tracking results instead of a watch???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It said I targeted him, which I lied about having targeted him with an item so I could still say I watched Cedo visit Xel.

My role ability that night allowed me to mask the flip of any given player so that's why MML never got confirmed PR in the flip.

roundbox 10-17-2020 12:04 PM

Compare raeko voters to the people that didn't vote FG
Kill them
Win werewolf game

roundbox 10-17-2020 12:09 PM

The raeko voterush was dirty and I'm surprised to see little mention of it here

roundbox 10-17-2020 12:11 PM

Also wow what the hell the game ended in a kitb
Reminds me of being abandoned by my fellow townies at the end of the first FE mystery game

XelNya 10-17-2020 12:32 PM

Gonna chat about some stuff real quick

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4747305)
Compare raeko voters to the people that didn't vote FG
Kill them
Win werewolf game

as an aside this post reminds me of

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Jade Harley (Post 4747269)
derp plays like killing sunfan d0 and raeko dying at all

I actually hard disagree with freezin that raeko didn't deserve a lynch

I might be hard blinded by being a wolf here, but her push on shadow was actually dirty as hell, and was pretty bad imho considering the timing

Though RB your post has flaws, town literally insta'd while quite a few people weren't in thread, even if mechanically it looks correct (and it is) I don't think in that situation you can hard act on it in good faith to the game.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4747275)
Whats worse, that or Zenith conversing with me after my claim and then pretending he couldnt CC me becausecwork?

You. 100% of the time. I went off on you in thread, and normally those pops aren't serious, but like dude, you could have hard thrown the game with that and stop trying to act like it wasn't as bad as it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4747297)
I didn't get to play

Sorry but you actually had to die. :( We didn't expect you to be the jailer though, it was fucking nice to not have to worry about it all game.

Like who we sent for kills a lot in this game mattered, and FG did most of them with Zenith picking up the others. I felt we made it to final 3 9 /10 times with how that game was going, purely because unless we missed every PR I was always seen town.

My worst play was the Mellon vote, but I totally feel I had that writing on the wall laid out before I did it, and that it was "in character." Other than what freezin pointed out was me probing at the end of the game, and even if I had voted Zenith I think I'd have lost for it at the end.

Pretty much is most of my thoughts, other than one, which is likely more of a salt thing that I'll keep to myself.

I had a good wolf game. I'm pretty happy with it. Got some notes for improvement. All's good.

MixMasterLar 10-17-2020 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4747298)

Congratulations you were paying more attention then anybody else in the game

What a fucking goddamn shit show

Shadow_God_10 10-17-2020 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4747306)
The raeko voterush was dirty and I'm surprised to see little mention of it here

This. Fucking. THIS.

mellonxcollie 10-17-2020 03:10 PM

am I missing something or in what world did I make a push on Shadow??

literally wat

mellonxcollie 10-17-2020 03:11 PM

the vote on me was bad plain and simple rofl

I have no idea what game you were reading Xel but I never made a push on lewdy

mellonxcollie 10-17-2020 03:18 PM

GG wolves

bad play town including myself lol but hey can't win em all.

And honestly Zenith good on you for doing the claim, even if it was wonky it worked. and a lot of people wouldn't have tried such a gutsy play, so good job

Xiz 10-17-2020 03:23 PM

MML I love you and you are a great person but sometimes your playstyle makes it hard to play with you.

Funnygurl555 10-17-2020 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4747297)
I didn't get to play

ya I knew u had to die so

Funnygurl555 10-17-2020 05:20 PM

the raeko lynch was hilarious cause i shoulda died there but yall did your cfd.

C F D

C F D

Funnygurl555 10-17-2020 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4747296)
no one's really said bugkid did a good job
I think bugkid did a good job

i think so too. pls play again bugkid

in future games can ppl stop being so aggro too? thanks. that's toxic

the sun fan 10-17-2020 05:28 PM

I think I am planning on making a post about toxicity come either tonight or tomorrow
I am probably going to ask for another TWG moderator as well

XelNya 10-17-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4747322)
i think so too. pls play again bugkid

in future games can ppl stop being so aggro too? thanks. that's toxic

being aggro is not being toxic

TWG Jade Harley 10-17-2020 06:15 PM

quote from me copied from wolfchat @zenith since you arnt there anymore

Quote:

Well no matter how much i personally disliked it, you made a game winning play and not just anybody could keep it together under pressure like that.

I will definitely give you props, it was just a gross play
[8:29 AM]
After seeing your post i went back and reread that eod. there were several times it could've completely imploded but you kept it going.

So yeah i think i was maybe being overly critical of it.

And it is nice that u went out in a win. Thanks for subbing and playing

Charu 10-17-2020 06:29 PM

Toxicity in werewolf, no way!

gg's tho

_Zenith_ 10-17-2020 06:42 PM

Thanks Raeko and Freezing, I appreciate the words

I kept saying in wolf chat that I didn't want to do it, but I felt forced into it because MML selected me the final night and outed me and I had to run with something.

Hopefully this was just a learning experience, I felt everyone played a fair game but as it's been said, nobody was looking for the important points that would have sealed the deal, and it doesn't help having a wolf gun you down like I did with Cedo. Love you Cedo, please don't hate me.

Bugkid please play more, you're definitely a good up and comer, and I apologize for swearing at you, I promise it was all game related and not personal.

Gradiant 10-17-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4747307)
Also wow what the hell the game ended in a kitb

perfect blowjob v2

FreezinIce 10-17-2020 06:48 PM

I never read that game, i keep meaning to since it keeps being referenced

bugkid666 10-17-2020 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4747324)
being aggro is not being toxic

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4747330)
Bugkid please play more, you're definitely a good up and comer, and I apologize for swearing at you, I promise it was all game related and not personal.

I don't understand why insulting people and berating them for "being idiots" (aka not playing the way you want them to) is considered "good gameplay." I won't rule it out that I'll play again at some point but god was this a shit way to play werewolf. (Not at all related to Freezin's setup which I thought was super cool. Really wish we got to see more of Alien Xiz tbh.)

Some of y'all really need to chill and play the damn game rather than try and prove you're the smartest one in the room.
<3 deuces

XelNya 10-17-2020 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bugkid666 (Post 4747333)
I don't understand why insulting people and berating them for "being idiots" (aka not playing the way you want them to) is considered "good gameplay." I won't rule it out that I'll play again at some point but god was this a shit way to play werewolf. (Not at all related to Freezin's setup which I thought was super cool. Really wish we got to see more of Alien Xiz tbh.)

Some of y'all really need to chill and play the damn game rather than try and prove you're the smartest one in the room.
<3 deuces

There was a reason I specifically told you early on that you and I would have a disconnect during the game - that's exactly what I was referring to.

I think being toxic is about intention - like, there are posts on here that's totally me being toxic, and being blunt about it. In fact the last time, I was literally rubbing it in.

But Lar and I being like "you're a fucking daft fuck" in game isn't toxic, it's just getting heated?

Might just be me on that one, but like, it's totally not personal. It's just in the game kinda moments.

mellonxcollie 10-17-2020 08:04 PM

yeah... honestly it's hard to avoid getting heated during these games.

But you kinda have to take it for what it is within the game. I see werewolf as a true role playing game; we are not really ourselves, we are playing a role.

Both me and Xel and me and Lar have REALLY had it out in games, for example. There has been harshness between myself and most of the people who play TWG tbh. But I hold no ill will toward any of them and honestly don't even remember anything specific that was said during these exchanges. they were just part of the game and we all moved on once it was over.

the game is about lying to your friends so it's bound to get messy at points lol

_Zenith_ 10-17-2020 08:33 PM

I've been banned from TWG in the past from several games and even got an award for it, my swearing was toxic, just fuel to get a response really. I didn't mean any harm from it, and I agree with what Raeko and Xel just said about it

Bolth mannn 10-17-2020 09:25 PM

I get what the three of you are saying, but I don't personally agree. It is not necessary, it turns people away from the game, and it turns it into something mentally draining and not fun

_Zenith_ 10-17-2020 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747343)
I get what the three of you are saying, but I don't personally agree. It is not necessary, it turns people away from the game, and it turns it into something mentally draining and not fun

Nobody said it was necessary, just that it happens and it is 99% of the time not personal.

Funnygurl555 10-17-2020 11:03 PM

Quote:

it turns people away from the game

the current state of twg reminds me of my college improv group. over time we evolved to a very negative self-loathing group and that turned away newcomers. because of it, we had a recruiting dry spell for 2 years. atm, the ffr twg playerbase is the smallest i've ever been around to see

Funnygurl555 10-17-2020 11:07 PM

i guess on that tangent my experiences doing improv and playing twg had many similarities. i used to really look up to xiz esp with how welcoming he is so i tried to be an irl xiz. i mean i still look up to xiz i guess but y'no

anyways i was successful and i got to positively impact people's college experiences that way and it's one of my SUCCESSES

XelNya 10-17-2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

I think I play the next game at a 10 and not a 2.

flashflash account 10-17-2020 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747337)
yeah... honestly it's hard to avoid getting heated during these games.

But you kinda have to take it for what it is within the game. I see werewolf as a true role playing game; we are not really ourselves, we are playing a role.

Both me and Xel and me and Lar have REALLY had it out in games, for example. There has been harshness between myself and most of the people who play TWG tbh. But I hold no ill will toward any of them and honestly don't even remember anything specific that was said during these exchanges. they were just part of the game and we all moved on once it was over.

the game is about lying to your friends so it's bound to get messy at points lol

yeah man stuff said during the game is part of the game and we move on once it's over, agree 100%

flashflash account 10-17-2020 11:11 PM

to be fair to xel his toxicity was entertaining me so much that I gave him a D3+ pass from it alone

Bolth mannn 10-18-2020 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4747347)
I think I play the next game at a 10 and not a 2.

And that’s your choice to make but I’m concerned as you say that like it’s something to be proud of?

mellonxcollie 10-18-2020 10:33 AM

Quote:

but how do you suggest we play then? stuff our emotions down and never get heated? that doesn't seem possible, or fun to me tbh. it seems even harder to figure out what people mean when they are purposefully hiding their emotions

mellonxcollie 10-18-2020 10:42 AM

like forum TWG is a mentally draining game. it just is. One of the main reasons I fuck up as either side is not having the emotional/mental energy to get truly invested into the game. it's part of the game

Bolth mannn 10-18-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747366)
but how do you suggest we play then? stuff our emotions down and never get heated? that doesn't seem possible, or fun to me tbh. it seems even harder to figure out what people mean when they are purposefully hiding their emotions

Literally compare how someone like MML plays compared to someone like thesunfan

I love both of them to bits, and theyre both very good players, but one plays toxic, one does not

I don't personally find this game mentally draining when people arent being dickheads to each other

I'm not trying to say heated posts don't exist within the game, but when almost every post someone makes is written in an angry or condescending way, THAT should not be how TWG is done.

Or you can continue as you guys are, people will slowly drop off as they have been, no new people will be interesting in putting up with this shit, and the FFR TWG community will die.

mellonxcollie 10-18-2020 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747368)
I'm not trying to say heated posts don't exist within the game, but when almost every post someone makes is written in an angry or condescending way, THAT should not be how TWG is done.

I definitely agree. Some people could take it down a notch or 10. but I think it's silly to think that TWG can be completely free of toxicity. It's literally a game about lying and deceiving people

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747368)
Or you can continue as you guys are, people will slowly drop off as they have been, no new people will be interesting in putting up with this shit, and the FFR TWG community will die.

honestly I hate playing anywhere other than here and if nobody new ever joined I'd be fine with it but hey lol

Bolth mannn 10-18-2020 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4747371)
I definitely agree. Some people could take it down a notch or 10. but I think it's silly to think that TWG can be completely free of toxicity. It's literally a game about lying and deceiving people

Yes but lying and deceit can occur without toxicity

Quote:

honestly I hate playing anywhere other than here and if nobody new ever joined I'd be fine with it but hey lol
I mean if that’s really how everyone feels then there’s not a lot I can say, I know I’m the new kid on the block. I love the game, and I personally think putting more effort into these sorts of things will only make the community better and stronger. We’ve lost Zenith and likely Bug to this most recent game. I’m personally not signing up for games other than turbos or super unique/interesting ones for the same reasons, people are growing up, people are getting busier. It’s fine if you don’t want to play with anyone new but eventually there won’t be anyone left to play with

j-rodd123 10-18-2020 11:40 AM

I agree with bolth. As someone who has had some toxic posts in games, I really consciously try to not do that anymore. There’s definitely a few people who need to work on that and it’s totally different from just being emotional. Think games are a lot better for everyone involved if toxicity is limited especially given our small community and site culture

Funnygurl555 10-18-2020 12:57 PM

if yall want an example of imo a perfect twg community that is both intense and respectful towards one another then check out the syndicate

what an incredible crew. they smashed champs this year too

Funnygurl555 10-18-2020 12:59 PM

twg is a game in the end and it's supposed to be fun. peoples feelings shouldn't get hurt.

like survivor was intense and it was a good community bonding experience too

-ya girl

Funnygurl555 10-18-2020 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4747379)
if yall want an example of imo a perfect twg community that is both intense and respectful towards one another then check out the syndicate

what an incredible crew. they smashed champs this year too

anyways what I'm saying is it's possible to do what bolth is saying

roundbox 10-18-2020 05:42 PM

I know insta was hit, but an insta in MYLO is probably triggered by town dunking a wolf or a wolf ending the conversation early to not leak the whole team

yeah, there's no 100% certainty in TWG, I'll grant you that, but this is a game state move where wolves just need one more town out of the game to win
one busing there is just doing it to silence the conversation and +townpoint themself, I think. I don't see a situation where two wolves would bus the third in such a manner given how the votes piled onto FG

inDheart 10-18-2020 05:44 PM

imagine if twg bans meant anything

XelNya 10-18-2020 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747356)
And that’s your choice to make but I’m concerned as you say that like it’s something to be proud of?

Anyone wanna tell him, or should I?

T-Force 10-18-2020 06:50 PM

No, go ahead, paint yourself into even more of a corner than you already are.

_Zenith_ 10-18-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4747374)
I agree with bolth. As someone who has had some toxic posts in games, I really consciously try to not do that anymore. There’s definitely a few people who need to work on that and it’s totally different from just being emotional. Think games are a lot better for everyone involved if toxicity is limited especially given our small community and site culture

I mean, you guys all remember just how bad I was in the past, and I'd say I've entirely 180'd from that but I have the occasional slip in swearing.

It's just a game anyways, people had issues with my play this game and think I'm 2IQ for trying but it just rolls off the back because it's a game lol.

cedolad 10-18-2020 07:02 PM

Idk I still have fun either way

FreezinIce 10-18-2020 07:13 PM

Angry play can be fun to watch but it's mentally exhausting when i just have to slog through some dude insulting me to try to shake me off for weeks at a time.

I try not to do it and actively step away if I'm getting heated

FreezinIce 10-18-2020 07:15 PM

I agree with raeko twg itself is an emotional experience with lies and deception so sanitizing it completely seems pointless but there's a line and that's something i havnt always realized

XelNya 10-18-2020 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4747408)
No, go ahead, paint yourself into even more of a corner than you already are.

That's not how that works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 4747356)
I’m concerned as you say that like it’s something to be proud of?

I don't hide that I'm a toxic user on this site. No reason to, the shoe fits. I have however said I tame my TWG posts in the spirit of the game. If the last game was too much, there's nothing I can do for you. I don't get any nicer.

Edit: Also by "I don't get any nicer" if you translate it to "I refuse to be any nicer" it would still be accurate.

j-rodd123 10-18-2020 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4747409)
I mean, you guys all remember just how bad I was in the past, and I'd say I've entirely 180'd from that but I have the occasional slip in swearing.

It's just a game anyways, people had issues with my play this game and think I'm 2IQ for trying but it just rolls off the back because it's a game lol.

Yea I def agree and again I didnt actually read the game so not sure what the toxicity was in this instance. I was just commenting generally. also you won the game so what people say doesnt matter anyway

j-rodd123 10-18-2020 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4747414)
I agree with raeko twg itself is an emotional experience with lies and deception so sanitizing it completely seems pointless but there's a line and that's something i havnt always realized

saaaaaaaaaaaaaame