Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Coronavirus (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151781)

Funnygurl555 03-14-2020 01:01 AM

Coronavirus

how's the hysteria going

i work in a grocery store rn and stores are chaos

Matthia 03-14-2020 01:12 AM

Re: Coronavirus

My schools here still haven’t decided to shut down (yet), but absent rates have substantially increased.

flashflash account 03-14-2020 01:13 AM

I forgot about coronavirus for a while and went to walmart, grabbed a 2 liter of pop, looked at magic cards, and left
didn't notice anything out of the ordinary

gold stinger 03-14-2020 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719340)
how's the hysteria going

I would love to hear more about general back room conversation on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, or bottled water is doing.

Rapta 03-14-2020 02:12 AM

There is no toilet paper anywhere!!

I work as a cook at a Bar n Grill, and I believe the virus is going to be in our area some time within the next week based on the speed of transmission in my state, but for the moment I am still scheduled to be coming in to work.

Deadlyx39 03-14-2020 09:33 AM

Went to Walmart last night to get some rubbing alcohol cause I spilled shit on my controller. All rubbing alcohol, baby wipes, soap, latex gloves, etc. was out of stock.

Also I have no class for the next week. A ton of colleges/universities in MI closed down this past week.

WhatWhat123 03-14-2020 09:48 AM

toilet paper all outta stock, which makes me think "wait have people not been wiping their ass?"

also a friend's London trip was cancelled so now we gotta reschedule :(((

V-Ormix 03-14-2020 10:42 AM

yeee

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-14-2020 11:11 AM

my county and two more counties in the area closed down all K-12 public and private schools until april 24th and my dad is rescheduling his flight to see me; also a lot of comic and anime conventions are cancelling or rescheduling

*edit* also the preschool i work at is taking in students from grade-level schools as long as there aren’t any cases of known or suspected infections in their schools

Charu 03-14-2020 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deadlyx39 (Post 4719415)
A ton of colleges/universities in MI closed down this past week.

Check your specific college/university

The college I work for, for instance, is remaining open as far as I'm aware. We're just not hosting any face-to-face classes.

So if you want literally anything from us that's not classroom related, our campus is still "kind of" open.

Like I said, it really depends on the college/university though.

Am a michigan resident in Macomb County

Psychotik 03-14-2020 11:21 AM

My work might be closing until April. We're getting more details on Monday.

TC_Halogen 03-14-2020 11:23 AM

Had forced telework as an infrastructural/stress test of our VPN and overall ability to manage our work. Went both good and bad; got stuff done but not without some issues.

Schools in this state have closed for two weeks. I imagine forced teleworking will be on the horizon for me, just once some kinks are knocked out.

TheSaxRunner05 03-14-2020 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719340)
how's the hysteria going

Nice, I work in grocery too. My focus is on inventory, pricing, and ordering. Can’t do much about the paper isle right now, shit is crazy.

TheSaxRunner05 03-14-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4719354)
I would love to hear more about general back room conversation on toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, or bottled water is doing.

We mostly just joked about selling the cases on eBay instead of stocking them. Our warehouse will only send us two cases at a time right now to ration it out.

XelNya 03-14-2020 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4719424)
my county and two more counties in the area closed down all K-12 public and private schools until april 24th and my dad is rescheduling his flight to see me; also a lot of comic and anime conventions are cancelling or rescheduling

*edit* also the preschool i work at is taking in students from grade-level schools as long as there aren’t any cases of known or suspected infections in their schools

DRG how are the stores looking up there because down here it’s still pretty bad like, even the fucking pasta sauce were running low on stock.

Funnygurl555 03-14-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4719354)

it's a lotta ppl bitching about customers who are super mean about the shortages

damn I should get pasta sauce

PhantomPuppy 03-14-2020 01:56 PM

there was a confirmed case at the uni i went to, so they're shut down atm along with a lot of other schools in the area. luckily i graduated last semester so i don't have to deal with everything moving to online lol

melonpapes 03-14-2020 01:59 PM

all public schools in ontario are closed and the universites and colleges are closing one by one

people are lining up around the outside of costco and other grocery stores to even get inside and get supplies, and when they checkout, the lines wrap around the store. we had a presumptive case of a doctor who may have had it but cleared. I live right on the michigan border however and cases there have exploded. With the amount of back and forth travellers here in my city I feel like we will get hit pretty hard by this.

Matthia 03-14-2020 02:08 PM

annnnnnd now my schools are closed for the rest of march

Sanjixcon 03-14-2020 02:40 PM

I find it hilarious that in the face of a pandemic the most important thing to people is toilet paper

Blackskull305 03-14-2020 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4719489)
I find it hilarious that in the face of a pandemic the most important thing to people is toilet paper

untested treatment 03-14-2020 08:43 PM

Young healthy people buying toilet paper, meanwhile some old dear is drowning in her own pus.

Staiain 03-15-2020 03:06 AM

Norway's pretty hard hit cause rich fucks were having skiing vacations in northern italy and southern austria and brought this crap home haha

gold stinger 03-15-2020 12:08 PM

Probably most people already know about it but

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

MixMasterLar 03-15-2020 02:16 PM

In a county (Santa Rosa, Florida) with a confirmed Corona related death, possible a close friend's patient (HIPPA wont let us confirm).

Restaurants are becoming ghost towns in their own right (Chinese Buffet had me and one other person at dinner) and TP, hand sanitizer, etc are low in stores, but since there isnt an actual shortage we're getting restocked down here pretty quickly. The entire week i was able to get the cheap toilet paper whenever i wanted.

(I have a habit of walking next door to store and getting what i need that day, instead of stocking up, so I've seen the shelves in real time)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjixcon (Post 4719489)

Its funny because, unlike a hurricane, my power abd water is gonna be on so like i could just whip with a towel and throw it in the wash as many times as i need.

As someone who's grown up in actual emergencies Toilet Paper is like the last thing I truly need to hunker down.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4719740)
Probably most people already know about it but

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Good shit, assuming its accurate

MixMasterLar 03-15-2020 02:52 PM

Hey so all our chicken is sold out?

Funnygurl555 03-15-2020 03:56 PM

Last edited by MixMasterLar; Today at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Remember if you're stuck at home bored, I have like 200 videos for your enjoyment

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-15-2020 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4719467)
DRG how are the stores looking up there because down here it’s still pretty bad like, even the fucking pasta sauce were running low on stock.

well the paper towels and toilet paper aisle was empty but other than that and the restaurants having less people i haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary yet

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719477)
it's a lotta ppl bitching about customers who are super mean about the shortages

damn I should get pasta sauce

lol

dAnceguy117 03-15-2020 04:51 PM

mandatory teleworking for the next 2 weeks for me. sunfan's school was already headed into spring break anyway but will be closed the following week too. haven't gone to the store yet but I don't expect it to be bad here, at least not right now. stay safe y'all

gold stinger 03-15-2020 04:59 PM

Came back from the grocery store today, had to pick up food for the week.

No toilet paper, hand sanitizer, lysol wipes, or bottled water in the entire store, including single bottles.

There were also 2 distinct, separate shoplifting attempts during my visit in the store.

Travis_Flesher 03-15-2020 05:10 PM

clicked bc i thought it said castlevania

XelNya 03-15-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 4719746)
well the paper towels and toilet paper aisle was empty but other than that and the restaurants having less people i haven’t noticed anything out of the ordinary yet

That surprises me.

MixMasterLar 03-15-2020 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4719745)
Last edited by MixMasterLar; Today at 02:18 PM.. Reason: Remember if you're stuck at home bored, I have like 200 videos for your enjoyment

where's the lie?

XelNya 03-15-2020 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4719753)
where's the lie?

That they could be enjoyed obviously.

MixMasterLar 03-15-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4719754)

You can tell he was immediately proud of this by his Discord follow-up

Xiz 03-15-2020 07:29 PM

Tried to go to the hospital to get tested, was turned away. Already only giving tests to elderly (which i support)
It's chaotic at hospitals already and we haven't even hit the climax yet.

(Edit: I'm fine, im getting a lot better)

MixMasterLar 03-15-2020 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4719756)
Tried to go to the hospital to get tested, was turned away. Already only giving tests to elderly (which i support)

Whoa didnt know you where sick man, glad to hear youre on the up n' up!

XelNya 03-15-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4719755)

:troll:

Quote:

... I'm glad I didn't bother then. I've been getting on that downward spiral since Friday. Standing outside in freezing weather for thirty minutes this morning did... not help at all.

gold stinger 03-15-2020 08:08 PM

3% mortality rate*****

really good place if you want to learn & educate yourself on other statistics regarding covid-19. It's a study via the University of Oxford. Has interactive graphs to get comparisons, etc.

https://ourworldindata.org/coronavirus

Funnygurl555 03-15-2020 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4719754)

LOLOLOL

Quote:

glad you're doing better xiz

Arntonach 03-16-2020 04:59 AM

Work has been oddly boring, even though I clean at the VA in town. Almost everyone I know and work with aren't giving two fucks about this, especially my supervisor who just went on vacation last week. My roommate even went to her weekly d&d meetup with co-workers even after I told her I feel like I have symptoms of Covid-19.

So much joy, and I don't even know how leave is gonna work if I'm sick.

Also hi

Josemba 03-16-2020 08:06 AM

17 cases in my country, a lot of people coming from Italy without any check, we'll all die lmao.

Supermarkets went crazy with the prices, 20$ 1 bottle of alcohol 500ml, toilet paper, masks, good time for take advantage of others.

Charu 03-16-2020 08:12 AM

My state governor just announce 1 hour ago that all Michigan bars/restaurants are to be closed in an undetermined amount of time starting today at 3PM.

Anyone that works in the restaurant business, that's gonna be a big oof.

Rapta 03-16-2020 10:03 AM

As I've said before, I work at a Bar & Grill, and we have been having a huge amount of business because people are assuming they won't be able to eat there soon due to potential Corona virus shut downs.

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-16-2020 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4719755)

lol

Charu 03-16-2020 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4719864)
My state governor just announce 1 hour ago that all Michigan bars/restaurants are to be closed in an undetermined amount of time starting today at 3PM.

Anyone that works in the restaurant business, that's gonna be a big oof.

And now the governor literally just ordered everything else to close down besides the essentials (and office buildings).

https://content.govdelivery.com/atta...O%202020-9.pdf

We did it boys, Michigan has now reached Italy tier lockdown.

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-16-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4719948)
And now the governor literally just ordered everything else to close down besides the essentials (and office buildings).

yeah, the same thing just happened for washington state

https://www.google.com/amp/s/q13fox....ng-county/amp/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arntonach (Post 4719857)
Also hi

hi :)

MixMasterLar 03-16-2020 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4719948)

So wait, how many cases do you guys actually have?

psychoangel691 03-16-2020 12:18 PM

Maryland is starting too

Charu 03-16-2020 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4720015)
So wait, how many cases do you guys actually have?

As far as we're aware.

53 cases and growing fast.

A lot of them around my county with some even within my county.

Expected number to rise significantly.

MixMasterLar 03-16-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4720018)
As far as we're aware.

53 cases and growing fast.

A lot of them around my county with some even within my county.

Expected number to rise significantly.

I guess that isn't anything to sneeze at but this all seems like overreacting to me

Charu 03-16-2020 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4720082)
I guess that isn't anything to sneeze at but this all seems like overreacting to me

Kind of, yeah. I think shutting down literally everything is going a bit overboard, but I see the intent and all I'm hoping is some relief from... somewhere.

But I know that's a reality that's most likely not going to happen.

For the time being though, guess I'm home for 2 weeks starting as of 14 minutes ago from this post.

Skullbac 03-16-2020 02:15 PM

there are 4 cases in my city AAARRRGGHHH

XelNya 03-16-2020 02:36 PM

I got sent home from work for not feeling well. It's a fun feeling.

Matthia 03-16-2020 03:00 PM

Total cases in Oregon has just risen by 3, bringing it up to 39

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4720129)
I got sent home from work for not feeling well. It's a fun feeling.

That is uhh, not a good sign ;((

XelNya 03-16-2020 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthia (Post 4720136)
That is uhh, not a good sign ;((

I don't have all the symptoms and they wouldn't test me anyway if I did. I'm good and safe. I'm ten minutes up the road from a clinic and about the same for an actual hospital if you drive uh, like I do.

Arntonach 03-16-2020 03:47 PM

Still call your health provider to give them a heads up, and should you still feel off in several days, try the local ER.

PhantomPuppy 03-16-2020 03:57 PM

Well looks like my area is officially on lockdown. No "unnecessary travel" allowed for the next 3 weeks.

Psychotik 03-16-2020 04:11 PM

May be working from home in the coming days.

Our office is across the street from a luxurious apartment building costing $2,800 a month and some guy had the gall to post a paper on his window saying "GO HOME". Not every can WFH for security reasons and need to work to make ends meet.

TWG Isabelle 03-16-2020 04:17 PM

Marshall Law is will happen next week, if not the week after. Calling it.

Jayden1234 03-16-2020 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TWG Isabelle (Post 4720153)
Marshall Law is will happen next week, if not the week after. Calling it.

I did not know Marco Rubio was a member of this website, much less a TWG enthusiast. Welcome!

mi40 03-16-2020 06:32 PM

for those working in industries like grocery retail, healthcare, and public utilities management (to name a few) - stay strong and keep your chin up, this country wouldn't be functioning without you guys

dAnceguy117 03-16-2020 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4720082)

recommended reading:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graph...ona-simulator/

melonpapes 03-16-2020 09:26 PM

welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...

Dinglesberry 03-16-2020 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by melonpapes (Post 4720268)
welp, ontario is shutting down at midnight all bars, restaurants, nightclubs, religious gatherings, daycares, private schools, etc etc...

If the lcbo shuts down im gonna be fuckin fuming, idc about other shit

j-rodd123 03-16-2020 10:02 PM

Quote:

This is false. I wish they were but yea, fake news

gold stinger 03-17-2020 12:37 AM

Quote:

Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.

melonpapes 03-17-2020 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4720392)
Only thing that I can see so far is that Ontario's medical official is recommending restaurants and bars to close. Saw a few places do so where I'm living, but it's not every restaurant.

https://www.wechu.org/newsroom/news-...ed-coronavirus
https://twitter.com/drewdilkens/stat...224719872?s=19
https://globalnews.ca/news/6686487/c...commendations/

Windsor at the very least is shutting it down and I expect very many cities will follow suit. Any business owner who chooses to remain open during a pandemic is stubborn and harmful, and should expect very little business. I expect most people will just cut their losses and close up rather than try to keep the lights on through this.

But yeah, fake news or whatever

melonpapes 03-17-2020 11:09 AM

Oopsie doopsie Ontario in a state of emergency and what I said would happen did

j-rodd123 03-17-2020 11:20 AM

Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

drizzleRomanceGirl 03-17-2020 12:34 PM

i got suspended from working at the preschool for the next few weeks because the management is trying to minimise the amount of employees in the centre

melonpapes 03-17-2020 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 4720532)
Lol way to be weirdly defensive but no they didn’t close down at midnight like you said. But they announced the recommendations yesterday and we all hoped they would come in sooner or later so feel special I guess?

They did it at 9 am effective immediately, so basically any restaurant/bar that closed through the night was unable to re-open in the morning because of the announcement. And Windsor did shut down at midnight, probably because municipalities were given advance notice by the premier's office about the shutdown.

G.S.M 03-17-2020 02:14 PM

Fun times.

MixMasterLar 03-17-2020 02:14 PM

Florida cases up to 192 which is a pretty big jump

Bars/pubs are closing and most fast food joints are going drivethru only.

The word on the street is that the police are gearing up for total closer of businesses and curfews, but that doesn't come from a real reliable source

gold stinger 03-17-2020 02:26 PM

My boss just found out that he has Coronavirus.

Been sick for his 3rd day. Has a medical condition where panic attacks will cause him to have stroke, so he went to the top of the list. Got tested yesterday, came back positive today.

Said it was crazy, because he's been at home for the past week. Last time he went out, he wasn't really in contact with anyone, except for a bank teller providing him some money from his business account, and cashier & groceries. Neither the cashier or bank teller seemed sick. Was hyper vigilant about it.

Funnygurl555 03-17-2020 02:50 PM

minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though

Psychotik 03-17-2020 03:03 PM

Working from home now for most of the week, only expected to come in the office once per week for at least the next 4 weeks.

XelNya 03-17-2020 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4720603)
minneapolis is basically closed now. we have 60 cases, at least 22 of which are in my county.

i tried buying groceries 'cause i'm off today and wanted to make sure i could quarantine when i get sick. haha, NOPE. man people suck. me and my roommates are dangerously low on toilet paper, so we gotta strategize

my mom and i are worried about my grandma. she's 92 and in the hospital-- almost succumbed to the flu. she got it from being at her current residence, where my uncle passed it to her. i'm telling my mom to take my grandma into her house and get her the hell outta the twin cities. hopefully she listens.

the alano (place where aa meetings are held) is open despite all of this 'cause, let's be real, addicts have a higher chance of dying from addiction than covid-19. we have to socially distance and make meetings smaller. i went to one just now and was tryna not touch anyone lol

many of my friends are out of work because they work in the service industry. it fucking sucks. i basically can't tutor anymore myself, which was my 2nd job, but i'm super super fucking glad i work at target now because i know i can work there through all this.

edit: my dad also yeeted to somalia after i came out. he was supposed to come back at the end of this month but due to the virus he's still in somalia. somalia had their first confirmed case yesterday. blarrgghhh. i think he should come home and isolate with my mom and bros but idk. my mom's a nurse so perhaps home isn't the safest but my mom's also an anxious clean freak so.

edit2: me and my mom being tight again is another story that's not about the coronavirus. haven't spoken to my dad in almost half a year though

Lots of good and bad here, but glad you still can partake in some of the things to help yourself.

Shadow_God_10 03-18-2020 02:44 AM

I'm growing more and more concerned that all airports that aren't major will be shut down... Last night coming in I saw a grand total of four people waiting for the subways which scares the shit out of me

Rebirth0 03-18-2020 10:07 AM

My job is at a convenience store and is apparently essential so its business as usual. 48 hours a week, "we will be there for our customers"

At least if I or anyone in my family gets anything they will pay entirely for the medical expenses and I get 100% paid sick leave for as long as it takes.