Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Songs of the Week (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=96)
-   -   Official Tournament Round 1 Songs (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151154)

psychoangel691 08-9-2019 11:59 PM

Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

Here you can rage about how bad you are at your division's song!

Misbehave (In This Cave)
Musician: Ryan Ike
Step Artist: Devonin
Difficulty: TBA
Song Length: 1:47

The Hop
Musician: OR-IF-IS
Step Artist: rayword45
Song Length: 1:42

Machines
Musician: Crown the Empire
Step Artist: DarkZtar
Song Length: 2:34

Bang
Musician: Droptek
Step Artist: Deamerai
Song Length: 3:42

carnation
Musician: aaaa
Step Artist: Elekton
Song Length: 2:32

Ambient Ooparts
Musician: cosMo@Bousou-P
Song Length: 3:33

Super Soaker
Musician: Blitz Lunar
Step Artist: hi19hi19
Song Length: 2:07

Violent Arcade
Musician: Final Sketch & rgLed
Song Length: 2:42

rayword45 08-10-2019 12:00 AM

Re: Official Tournament Round 1 Songs

yay ddr songs

dragonmegaXX 08-10-2019 12:10 AM

HAHAHA THAT FUCKING D8 FILE IS SO JUICY IT ALMOST FEELS PLANNED
Im gonna fucking love watching this whole thing

dragonmegaXX 08-10-2019 12:16 AM

OOF I ALSO LOVE THIS D5 FILE. I cant wait to play it when Im sober and see the screen properly

ositzxz369 08-10-2019 12:25 AM

Bang plays a lot like Stress (there's colorful bursts into hands, it repeats itself in the second half - dunno why this song wasn't cut in half, and it's not dense overall). The 3-note jacks are pretty tricky tho.

EppuJoloZ 08-10-2019 12:26 AM

D5 file is very nice, love the music! :D
Already AAAd it lol

hi19hi19 08-10-2019 12:31 AM

Ambient Ooparts pretty fun. The 24ths after the 2323 trill in the intro are easy, but the burst immediately after I always get 4-0-0-1 on for some reason? Definitely need to isolate that to figure out what I'm fucking up. Either way the patterns in that part flow nicely, not as hard as it looked at first. But also probably giga mindblockable, so you gotta be careful.

Overall the file plays really similar to the rest of the ambient-ish artcore songs, stuff like Lexus Cyanixs, and it flows really well and has a surprisingly excellent difficulty curve without getting boring.
Minor criticisms: not framefixing the one 2-frame jack in the second half makes that one part feel bad to hit. Not stepping one of the piano runs in the intro continues to tilt me, also there's a missing low note in the bridge, but overall 8.5/10 ver nice file. Definitely won't feel bad to play it a bunch more if my score doesn't stand.

Good stuff Mr. Dark Zee Tar

EDIT- After playing it more, the frames on Super Soaker only horrify me more and more. Bursts with 2-frame gaps immediately followed by 0-frame gaps. Multicolor hands. May the spirit of Dossar have mercy on all our souls.
That said I don't think it plays all that badly, just looks weird, but then again I don't have to AAA it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

devonin 08-10-2019 12:35 AM

Whoever made that D1 song is some kind of great step artist!

DarkZtar 08-10-2019 12:37 AM

Funny that you bring up the similarities between those 2 files because I pictured your Lexus Cyanixs file when I heard the song and threw the file together. Also I'm mindblocked on my own file already, megarip.

PhantomPuppy 08-10-2019 12:39 AM

i would give the creator of ambient ooparts a crisp high five. good stuff my dude :)

TheSaxRunner05 08-10-2019 12:42 AM

I can't add these to the TCG until a difficulty is assigned ... rip

DarkZtar 08-10-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhantomPuppy (Post 4692029)
i would give the creator of ambient ooparts a crisp high five. good stuff my dude :)

Appreciate it. =P
Also wtf you AAA'd already.

Flossy_ 08-10-2019 12:56 AM

hi19 i lvoe you and i love your files

rayword45 08-10-2019 12:56 AM

yeah ambient ooparts is great stuff

i feel like i'd be able to sdg super soaker if i whored a frame fixed version but the current version boggles the mind lol

Aquellex 08-10-2019 01:40 AM

I like the ffr version of SS more than the sm release from one of the corn packs :D
also very happy a high FGO super soaker got in, because when I tried back then (2014?) they wanted me to tone it down to a goddamn FMO

that and razor was a massive jerk

Pizza69 08-10-2019 01:46 AM

bang is an extremely good file, felt way shorter than the length, though that 24th one handed trill in the last burst is disgusting and the culprit behind my sightread missflag lol

agree with hi19 that the burst after the 24ths is the real killer in ambient ooparts

super soaker is super triggering. i wish it had been framefixed cuz i keep leaking random goods and part of that is the structure of the file but also like... this doesn't happen on eclipse or you time.

violent arcade = lmao

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 01:53 AM

I'd personally be much more impressed by a Violent Arcade AAA than You Universe with all those horseshit bursts, so on that basis I'd say it's around 105

And if we're opening with ~105 then this is certainly the start of a new era for tourneys lmao

Blackskull305 08-10-2019 01:53 AM

DarkZtar, great job on ambient ooparts!! I really liked the sporadic bits of polyrhythmic flavour, making what would have otherwise been a monotone pattern feel colourful and clean.

TC_Halogen 08-10-2019 01:55 AM

I've AAA'd all of Violent Arcade in isolations... just a matter of putting it all together. Had to call it for tonight because I'd been up for just about 20 hours and I'm kinda tired. My eyes were literally not even following past the first 200 notes, ahaha

Tomorrow should hopefully be a day of grinding and improvement.

Aquellex 08-10-2019 01:56 AM

I'm terrified yet very excited about the possibly of seeing my music as D8 files if Alice makes it :mrgreen:

kjwkjw 08-10-2019 02:02 AM

Thought Ambient Ooparts was a great song and great chart from the preview. Actually playing it did not disappoint, either.

hi19hi19 08-10-2019 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aquellex (Post 4692048)
I'm terrified yet very excited about the possibly of seeing my music as D8 files if Alice makes it :mrgreen:

I wish I could step your music better because I love the songs, but for some reason it just never seems to jive with my stepping style.

Maybe I'll go give your songs another shot this weekend haha

Matthia 08-10-2019 02:10 AM

I gotta say fantastic job for Super Soaker, love that file and chart <3

Violent Arcade also sick but with lots of heckers in there, 104-105 difficulty is going to be my guess

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 02:17 AM

I'm really happy to see all the positivity here <3

Aquellex 08-10-2019 02:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4692050)
I wish I could step your music better because I love the songs, but for some reason it just never seems to jive with my stepping style.

Maybe I'll go give your songs another shot this weekend haha

I'll send you a newer version of Candy Explosion :D

blanky 08-10-2019 02:26 AM

FFR's SS is only different in that some of the holds are converted to 8-note bursts. Didn't notice that before. Good as usual.

Bang is like Retro City (D5's opener in the 8th official) but if it were D4's. Great hype song and file to start the tourney.

Violent Arcade is too hard you put jacks in there you evil shit :P

Ambient is fun. 24th burst after 2323 trill is hard wtf are people on saying it's easy. Interestingly enough everything else isn't too bad. Not even the slowdown rolls.

Antori 08-10-2019 03:39 AM

violent arcade and the hop are my favorites for round 1

carnation and ambient ooparts are cute too

SC_coolguy44 08-10-2019 10:36 AM

Here is what I think of each file:

Misbehave (In This Cave): It's a solid start file for the D1 players. It's also a pretty fun chart for an easy file. Good job, Devonin! :)

The Hop: Another pretty solid chart. Hopefully D2 sees a lot more of the solid charts throughout the tournament.

Machines: I like that there's parts that can trip some players up. It'll keep the D3 players on their toes for sure!

Bang: At first, this file wasn't really my cup of tea, but, it then kind of grew on me. I'll definitely have a hard time trying to rack up the best score I can with the tricky jack and burst patterns being there.

carnation: This chart is amazing! Probably one of my favourites of this round! It just feels like it flows really nicely.

Ambient Ooparts: Wow, this chart is absolutely brutal, but in a good way! I love how the dense parts really test stamina.

Super Soaker: Yet another intense chart.

Violent Arcade: If this is D8 round 1, I wonder what the rest of the tournament is going to look like for D8.

juckter1 08-10-2019 11:38 AM

I really like all the files I'm good enough at this game to understand :P

Great stuff!

MarcusHawkins 08-10-2019 12:52 PM

Man, all of the files are great so far!
I'm stoked to see what's next for Round 2!

rushyrulz 08-10-2019 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692052)

can't complain about a solid round 1

Herogashix 08-10-2019 01:08 PM

i have super complaints about the charts but the song choices are the greatest ever

MarcusHawkins 08-10-2019 01:14 PM

Elekton 08-10-2019 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herogashix (Post 4692120)
i have super complaints about the charts

my discord is in my profile so youre free to shout at me

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 03:00 PM

Still confused about D8's structure and would appreciate clarification. When I heard first three rounds were cumulative I assumed those scores would be summed and eliminations would start end of round 3 based on lowest total sums. But after seeing eliminations don't begin until round 4 on the dashboard, does cumulative in this instance just mean no elimination for the first three rounds and performance on round 4 alone determines the first players out?

Elekton 08-10-2019 03:02 PM

nah d8 has 11 players set for round 4 so im going to imagine it means bottom 3 totals are dropped on round 3

One Winged Angel 08-10-2019 03:03 PM

That number is for how many players will remain after the round ends, not going into it

Hence my confusion

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 03:20 PM

We probably have the dash off, we were in crunch time last night so I'll have to look at it. Basically it's first 3 rounds cumulative are essentially the "qualifier" lowest 3 from that will be dropped going into round 4.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 03:45 PM

Yeah so it was basically a brain derp of putting in how many people should be in that round. We kinda of have to manually do it anyway since we have the cumulative thing going on

XelNya 08-10-2019 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692052)

yeah sorry time for me to check in

let me just crack the good old every thing sucks document up, see what we can add to it

Oh. A shame, only one file'd get added there if it actually existed. Most the files are neat and well made, and have strong song choices.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4692186)
yeah sorry time for me to check in

let me just crack the good old every thing sucks document up, see what we can add to it

Oh. A shame, only one file'd get added there if it actually existed. Most the files are neat and well made, and have strong song choices.

Lol <3

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4692160)
We probably have the dash off, we were in crunch time last night so I'll have to look at it. Basically it's first 3 rounds cumulative are essentially the "qualifier" lowest 3 from that will be dropped going into round 4.

K so actually lowest three may have to be shifted with the division growing a bit more, lol.

Rapta 08-10-2019 06:21 PM

I really like the D8 song and file, really enjoyable

DJOuTbREaK 08-10-2019 06:23 PM

Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Bang in a tournament context. It's a fun chart on its own, but it's frustrating to grind since it's so long with such a relatively small period of time that actually matters, and some of the noise bursts are super frustrating to grind due to how random it can feel to actually AAA them. Again, it's fun on its own but I'm a little confused as to why it was held for tournament use.

That said, if that's the worst I can say about the map pool then we've definitely got a really solid set of charts here. I LOVE the D5 chart, it's extremely fun to play and grind.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOuTbREaK (Post 4692192)
Gotta say I'm not a huge fan of Bang in a tournament context. It's a fun chart on its own, but it's frustrating to grind since it's so long with such a relatively small period of time that actually matters, and some of the noise bursts are super frustrating to grind due to how random it can feel to actually AAA them. Again, it's fun on its own but I'm a little confused as to why it was held for tournament use.

That said, if that's the worst I can say about the map pool then we've definitely got a really solid set of charts here. I LOVE the D5 chart, it's extremely fun to play and grind.

There's a week to grind, I'm not sure I understand relatively small time part. Most competitions it's one shot and that's it. This is a great tournament file as it stresses several skillsets

DJOuTbREaK 08-10-2019 07:44 PM

I meant "small period of time" as in the chart itself is like half heavy downtime, not as in the actual period of time for playing it in the tournament.

psychoangel691 08-10-2019 08:34 PM

Gotcha, well in spite of the length we found it to be awesome for tournament purposes. I have a huge preference towards things that stress more than one skillset to prevent a situation where lets say x is great at jacks but y is terrible at them and I gave an all jack file.

Plan_Bsk81127 08-10-2019 08:40 PM

Props to DarkZtar for stepping some Crown the Empire, always enjoy seeing some more metal music in game especially making use of that Rise Records Label permission.

rsr2 08-10-2019 09:13 PM

So after this I realized just how awful I am at Jacks for D4. Not the biggest fan of the song but the chart is fun. Let's hope I can make it to round 2 <3

V-Ormix 08-10-2019 09:38 PM

teh furst round is goood

MikeShinoda12345 08-11-2019 12:48 AM

Vacationing in Tokyo (yay!) so I only got to the files now, but the D8 song is really really really fun wow
The jacks are really jarring and would be a huge headache for any tournament file, but for a non D8 player I really enjoy it
Also for some reason my computer lags at unplayable levels when I'm logged in but somehow works fine when I'm on anon? someone help if possible?

Red Blaster 08-11-2019 02:53 AM

Really digging Machines so far, DarkZtar really did a killer job with the stepfile on it. It's fun to play over and over without it getting monotonous and stale.
I haven't had the time to play much else except the The Hop, which is really fun but gives me a lot of issues because I can't do those patterns at the beginning consistently, but, still a solid round 1 pick for D2!

Having a lot of fun so far and the competition in D3 is great, I'm just hoping to stay in past round 1 this year, so thanks to everybody for that!

MarioNintendo 08-11-2019 11:00 PM

That round looks t h i c c

rushyrulz 08-11-2019 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJOuTbREaK (Post 4692192)
map

MarioNintendo 08-12-2019 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 4692403)

lmao good catch

SK8R43 08-12-2019 12:58 PM

Eh, i'm garbage at this game. Sightread.

Bullshit av at the very end lmao

rsr2 08-14-2019 07:11 PM

Thanks to a PBR, I might be moving on to Round 2!

rayword45 08-15-2019 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsr2 (Post 4693289)
Thanks to a PBR, I might be moving on to Round 2!

you need better beer

TheSaxRunner05 08-16-2019 09:55 PM

I just need the chart difficulties so I can add them to the TCG lol

One Winged Angel 08-17-2019 04:25 PM

I'm not sure who's in charge of determining difficulties for the tournament charts but instead of creating multiple threads for songs that are likely going to be debated I feel it's probably more efficient to discuss them in the song threads post-round.

Knowing what Super Soaker looked like prior to seeing it in FFR I envisioned it to be sitting at ~93, however the poor conversion (to no one's surprise) definitely bumps up AAA difficulty by a few points. I'd say it's deserving of Derby and would slot it at least 95 (in which case alloyus needs to be given the token). Conversely the October remix feels more like a 92/93 but it's not going to be AAA or die (and it hasn't even been assigned a rating yet) so whatever.

The technical proficiency required to string everything together in Violent Arcade for a AAA is more impressive than what's required for the 103s, and I feel most players that can score in that range would agree. Scoring data seems to further justify it would sit more appropriately at 104.

hi19hi19 08-17-2019 05:45 PM

Hearing Super Soaker be Derby-worthy actually surprises me, is it really that bad to AAA?
It's all theoretically some pretty easy stuff at that difficulty range; maybe it can live at 94 with Red Wings Over Baron, St. Scarhand [Heavy], Xanthystrauma, and the rest of the "this file is a goddamn mess but we don't want it to give Derby" charts?

psychoangel691 08-17-2019 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4693852)
Hearing Super Soaker be Derby-worthy actually surprises me, is it really that bad to AAA?
It's all theoretically some pretty easy stuff at that difficulty range; maybe it can live at 94 with Red Wings Over Baron, St. Scarhand [Heavy], Xanthystrauma, and the rest of the "this file is a goddamn mess but we don't want it to give Derby" charts?

I really don't think so and the rating was actually deemed lower by the consultant that looked prior to the tournament but we gave it a little bump. No matter what no one's ever going to agree totally on ratings here, so to me it's a losing battle every time lol. I wanted to keep everything 0 till the very end of the OT but I'm getting pressured because of the TCG and such. It's a lot easier to get a bigger picture the more people who play vs giving it only a week, but *shrugs*

Blackskull305 08-17-2019 08:43 PM

In my opinion, super soaker is equivalent to Eclipse (solar) and You Time, which are both 96's. If Super Soaker is really a 92, then those two files should be as well imo.

One Winged Angel 08-17-2019 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 4693852)

I'll wait for others to weigh in but I have no qualms with it giving Derby in its current state. The poor conversion results in a much more consistent difficulty structure throughout the chart as opposed to just needing to nail the middle section.

hi19hi19 08-17-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackskull305 (Post 4693878)
In my opinion, super soaker is equivalent to Eclipse (solar) and You Time, which are both 96's. If Super Soaker is really a 92, then those two files should be as well imo.

Damn, that bad. Alright then!

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 4693880)
I'll wait for others to weigh in but I have no qualms with it giving Derby in its current state. The poor conversion results in a much more consistent difficulty structure throughout the chart as opposed to just needing to nail the middle section.

I accidentally set it up to convert badly... on purpose!

MikeShinoda12345 08-17-2019 10:03 PM

Personal opinion without much to back it up but just from playing it a couple times last week Super Soaker isn't as hard as You Time, and deeefinitely isn't as hard as Eclipse (god that file)

Super Soaker isn't super fast anywhere and I feel like the derpiest parts are actually the bursts, which are learnable

xXOpkillerXx 08-17-2019 10:25 PM

Soaker feels like a 95 at max. It's far from being as awkward as Eclipse, it's close to You Time's many fast bursts, but not quite there imo

-paexaea- 08-18-2019 01:25 PM

If i was faster, i wouldnt care about the 32nd rolls but thats whats killing my aaas. I can hit the bursts because thankfully i still retained my technical prowess, but its a bitch to keep the aaa going personally

PhantomPuppy 08-18-2019 01:43 PM

honestly i would have put super soaker at like a 93/94. was a tad surprising it was a 92 not because of the file itself but because of the fact that D7 wasn't an AAA fest on a 92.

i think the general scoring of the file during the first week is what makes people think it should be higher.

SK8R43 08-18-2019 02:09 PM

Yeah idk how super soaker is only a 92. Maybe because im just not good enough to play it being only low D6 but that shit is brutal. The whole beginning before the 32nd stream is fuckery haha

Shxfted 08-18-2019 02:51 PM

Personally think Violent Arcade is a 104, there's absolutely no way to justify it being the same rating as Make The Fire Burn and Odd-22 (the later being physically hard but not difficult to get near AAA if you can keep up). I have personally gotten several better scores on You Universe than my PB on Violent Arcade (heck, even my RATO PB is equal to my Violent Arcade PB lmfao).