Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Yolomania Vol. 4 RELEASED (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143303)

Wafles 11-21-2015 11:45 AM

Yolomania Vol. 4 RELEASED

Yolomania Vol. 4
Its here! 115 Intermediate-Advanced stepmania files for your arrow slapping pleasure.

Difficulties are assigned based on the calculations from http://smleaderboards.net/
Dump files are denoted with [DUMP] in the subtitle for those of you who may want to avoid those (or look for them specifically)

Download
http://smleaderboards.net/uploads/packs/Yolomania4.rar

Patches/Fixes
Patch 1: Fixes for Faster Faster Faster, and The Sampling Paradise, Chandelier, SIGMA for the DELTA, and Our Journey and Epilogue
http://smleaderboards.net/uploads/pa...0Patch%201.rar

Song List
http://smleaderboards.net/packs/view/169

Credits & Acknowledgements
Huge props to all the simfile authors who submitted nearly 400 total files to this pack. The response has been overwhelming, and way beyond what we expected. We set a 4 week timeframe to put together this pack, and honestly expected a pack with about 50 files in the end, but even with us stepping up how strict we were from the judging side of things we still ended up with 115 killer files. Needless to say, the pack wouldn't be what it is without all of your contributions - thank you very much.

Skwid - For judging and reviewing every single submission with me. Without Skwid's help these packs wouldn't be possible. This pack took a lot of work, and Skwid shared the brunt of it with me.
Other judges who helped - Fanta, Caliber, and Neon, thanks for the help and feedback. I know you guys couldn't review everything, but your input was valuable, and I definitely appreciated it.
Kraezymann - Major assistance with graphics
10Dollar - Graphics assistance
YoshL - Helped set up and organize the graphics tracking spreadsheet

One final note for simfile authors - if for any reason you sent an update to one of your files and it didn't make it into the pack, please let me know ASAP. I will update links and provide patch downloads if we messed anything up.

Ziemniax 11-21-2015 11:53 AM

Re: Yolomania Vol. 4 RELEASED

IT'S HERE

Sidek 11-21-2015 11:55 AM

finally

Skwid1 11-21-2015 11:56 AM

wow omg a new pack! i will have to try it!

rCaliberGX 11-21-2015 11:58 AM

whoa!

gonna download to see what this "stepmania" style mapping is like (i'm from osumania :>)

LeiN- 11-21-2015 11:58 AM

:D

ItsOnlyDanO 11-21-2015 11:58 AM

woot

next time i hop on sm ill be playing through the pack :)

YoshL 11-21-2015 12:02 PM

595 megaHYPES

Personal opinions/reviews

*something to note, i'm picky about being technical, so you can take me nitpicking at things i notice as me just being me preferentially if it doesn't affect fun-ness
**a lot of the ratings are also heavily dependant on my skill level too
***ratings also don't take into account how fun the file may be on rates

2 MINUTES FIGHTERS - 6/10
A lot of ignored percussion really irks me, given that it is 200+ dense pockets of handstream. since the difficulty only stems from the bursts of handstream (really well done too, it's all manageable since it's broken up into little pockets) i feel like the ignored percussion detracts and makes me think "oh this file could have done more"

21st, Century Digital girl - 3/10
pretty boring song, bunch of glaring note mistakes, also very offsync. had to fight to not quit out. holds used almost arbitrarily first half? second half could be fun to read if this was on sync lol

A Dichroic Glass Snafu - 7/10
Some of the bursts are disgusting oh my god lol. Song choice++

Absurd Gaff - 6/10
This could have used a massive cut IMO. Song is good don't get me wrong but it's repetitive. 32nds are fun to hit though, i just wouldn't want to play through the rest of the jumpstream to hit those 32nds (often copy pastaed from the looks of it). trills in beginning were fun. rolls were ???

Adularescence - 6/10
some weird [14] anchors on the 8th note and random minijacks out of nowhere. fun file, felt a little inconsistent i think

AETHER - 6/10
standard jumpstream, some nice jumptrill stuff at the end. why is this on the beginner difficulty lol

Aha! - 7/10
fun but the 12th jacks during the part in the song that's straight 8ths blows and feels wrong. like, i know it's a dump but rip i can't get over that whoop. nightcore pentatonix though lol

Alpha Omega - 8/10
ver fun, 12ths were super awesome. i didn't hear what the polyrhythms were going to before that though

Antipixel - 7/10
nice jacking file, interesting 32nd pattern choice. technically off but still pretty nice

ATEKS TRIALOGUE - 9/10* (oni), 7/10 (edit)
that was fun as hell to hit (oni). A+ song choice
noticed bunch of errors in edit chart

Bassdrop Freaks - 8/10
some aids jack patterns, fun otherwise

Betsuni BETSUNI betsuni - 8/10
short, fun. blackflagged cause i'm bad. could have stepped more i think

Blastix Riotz - 8/10
I had more fun with this than I thought i was going to (lol the jumptrill walls). I felt a little bit underwhelmed with the layering though given how RIP the song is

Blaze - 6/10
fuck this song lol. Wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, interesting hold stuff. I disagree with how long some of your holds in other sections are, and there's some missed technical stuff as well that irked me, and this song could be cut cause it's the same thing a lot of times

burn this moment into the retina of my eye - 5/10
goreshit is great, but this file is pretty boring. definitely could have used a cut

Caramel Soundwave - 8/10
could have gotten so much more from this. still fun, probably will play on rates and stuff

Catch your Eyes - 9/10*
Holy fuck that was fun

Chandelier - 6/10
lol i failed the first time. (nice no cd tile) dislike file to song because you could just as easily remove "chandelier" from the bgm and the file would still work

Chrono Diver -PENDULUMs- - 8/10
standard jumpstream, the 24ths are fun too

Connaextion - 7/10
fun stuff, feels like there's a lot of missed potential with stepping this song though

croiX - 6/10
technical flaws everywhere, very awkward ending. otherwise it's like, standard jumpstream for the most part with a couple little bursts

Cruciform Dachshund - hard/10
i'll leave it at that lol

DANBO - 8/10*
this is stupid fun, it just feels like there's some off stuff to me. doesn't change the fact that wow it's fun

Discloze - 8/10
Nice standard easy file. cool stuff

Distort Your Ear - 7/10
some wonky patterns w/ jacks. ok i guess

Dopamine - 6/10
so many wrong patterns. Jacks come out of nowhere and are the whole difficulty of the file, and it's pretty dumb lol

Double Yome Happy Wedding - 7/10
standard dump, was pretty good. Missed a lot of things that could have made this dump like, really dumpy

Dragonlady - 7/10
some ass patterning, but decent jacking file otherwise

Eastward - 8/10
fun easy file

Engine - 6/10
every single one of the jacks is technically wrong rip

Everlasting Message - 9/10*
A+ song choice, A+ density, not overstepped and stupid hard, but really fun light 230 js whee. Some missed sounds, but that's personal preference to have them stepped in i think.

Extrasolar - 8/10
That was interesting. pretty fun

faster! faster!! faster!!! - YoshL/10
this was a pain to step because the song feels so jumpstreamy, but the sounds to jumpstream to are so faint. ended up being a broken jumpstreamy thing until the end where #climaxtheory and straight jumpstream for a bit. speedup section is cool imo

Forgotten - hard/10
that was abrasive as fuc

Freedom Dive (tpz Overcute Remix) - 9/10
i just like being able to play this file lol. pretty standard otherwise

Frozen World - 9/10*
damn wiosna. most fun i've had with a jacking file in a long while

GAIA - 8/10
solid stuff

GBYE - 7/10
i just think the song/file is a bit boring. nothing wrong with it otherwise

Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! - 7/10
Standard dump stuff

GOODTEK - 6/10
technical stuff missing, otherwise just some jumpstream

Hoshi ga Furanai Machi - 5/10
I legit zoned out during this song it was boring. couple jacks thrown in don't really add enough. maybe on rates but 1.0 is lol

Hoshikuzu no Interlude - 7/10
there's a lot of things that i would have added in the dump that actually happens in the song (a lot of toms missed) otherwise, easy dump

I Don't Play KanColle But Shimakaze-chan Is Cute - YoshL/10
this song is so cute as;dfklj

I'm Your Daddy - 5/10
i almost couldn't enjoy the file because of how wrong almost the whole thing was lmfao. The file itself is not bad, if you completely ignore it not matching the song

Ice Angel - hard/10
first song i quit out of. I just can't play these kinds of files (see Aiae lol)
played again and passed, fuck you

Ice Cage - 9/10*
perfect jacking speed and boss file

Internet bitch - 9/10*
good shit.

Invitation from Mr.C - 6/10
so much missed. with a file + song like this, there's just so much missed.

It's a "10 Bats" - 7/10
I had hype coming into this because i love this song. Not bad, just a little bit denser than i would have imagined it i think

Juicy - 9/10*
A+ work James May. love it

Kakushinteki Metamaruphose! - YoshL/10*
If i'm to recommend one of my files to play, it's this one. Super proud of how this came out. shoutouts to skwid for working through fixes to make this even better. Also this isn't marked as a dump because it's "technically accurate"

Kakuzetsu Thanatos - 8/10
that was cool as fuck, some of the 12th glut patterns were a bit much i think, but the speedup was gr8

Kinetic - 8/10
Challenging wow. gonna be coming back to this probably when i'm better lol there's some hard shit here, and 310+ stream is nothing to be sneezing at

Kirakirataimu (sparkling time) - 6/10
here's a standard jumpstream file whee. felt like the density of the js was not warranted though. couldn't hear anything to justify jumps on 16th notes

LegenD. - 9/10*
that was a fun js file.

Licca - 7/10
other than the stupid jumpjack patterns, some nice handstream

looming shadow of a tree long gone - 8/10
burn, didn't feel as long as it is, which is a good thing

Lost Emotion - 8/10
solid easy fun file

Luv Song - suck/10 because i'm bad at holds
and my finger independence sucks this isn't a 19 lol

Miracle 5ympho X - 8/10
solid js

Mittens Is Angry - 8/10
the density and some interesting anchors ripped me

Mousou Express - 8/10
solid fun jack file

Netoge Haijin Sprechchor - 8/10
standard js w/ troll minis lol

New Game - 9/10*
fun fun fun fun looking forward to the weekend

Night Sky - 8/10
fun js with aidsholds/rolls

Odoru Mizushibuki - hard/10
loljacks/10

Ojousama Muchafuri - 8/10
more solid stuff

One By One - 8/10
jeez more solid js

Ooi - 8/10
solid files, i've played it before

Our Journey and Epilogue - YoshL/10

OVER LIGHT -Above blue sky Remix- - 7/10
jumpstream with questionable jack joices

Over The Testament Ver.1 ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()/10
ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()ʕ ͡•ᴥ ͡• ʔ(_̅_̅_̅FISSURE_̅_̲̅_̅_̅_̅()

overcomplexification 9/10*
solid and fun

Overworld - 8/10
cool

PACKED YOUR EARS WITH SHIT - ✔/10
PACKED YOUR EARS WITH �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� good shit go౦ԁ sHit �� thats ✔ some good �� �� shit right �� �� th �� ere �� �� �� right ✔ there ✔ ✔ if i do ƽaү so my self �� i say so �� thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ �� �� �� �� НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� �� Good shit

Plain Asia - 7/10
Generic js cool

Porta Vista - 7/10
ez stuff

Powerflux - hard/10
pretty fun, but i'm not fast enough ;n;

Precipitation - 6/10
random spikes?????????

Preserved Valkyria - 9/10*
son that was epic and fun. holds were a good challenge lol

PUPA - 8/10
solid and fun

Pure Evil - 8/10
more solidness

Raise your flag - dongers/10*
rip holds

Rave 6 - 6/7
How many raves are there?

Reminiscing - 8/10
nice and easy

REVOLUTIONARY ADDICT - 6/10
meh awkward jumpstream and whatever

Sayonara Planet Wars - 9/10*
fun as hell omg

Shokuji - AAA/10
ez AAA

SIMGA for the DELTA - hard/10
ow that misleading 12 rating

SpaceLand TOYBOX - 9/10*
fun fun fun

Speed of Link - lol/10
still a sightread pass

Sun Valley - lololol/10
lololol still passed

Sunday Once More - 8/10
cool

SunnyShinyRing - 7/10
generic, kinda boring song

Super Ultra Hyper Miracle Romantic - 8/10
fun jacks lol

the end of the world - 7/10
pretty standard

The Sampling Paradise - 8/10
cool songchoice, solid file

Time to Air - 7/10
jumpstream whee (time to bodywash though)

Toilet Story 5 - poop/10
thhhhbttttt

Tomato LeafBreaks - hard/10
i don't think any of the jumpstream is justified, but that's just listening to it on 1.0 so lol (#passed)

Trooper - 9/10*
1122 minijacks yo

Tsumetai Missitsu to Hakasetachi no Huyajyou - 8/10
saw like 1-2 missed notes, but fun. lol walls

Tyranny Falls - 8/10
jacks were fun, but owwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Ukigumo - 7/10
pretty standard stuff

Verse IV - 5/10
a lot of aids patterns that weren't fun to hit. intro wasn't stepped nearly as much as it should probably have

Vostochni Express - 8/10
Solid dump

w1sh - 8/10
fun long jacks, a little hard

Wadatsumi - 7/10
A lot of missed opportunities in this file. otherwise, decent and easy.

We Are Kafun Fairy Porinoshisu - 8/10
solid dump.

werewolf howls. - 8/10
probably would have been a 9/10 if not for some missed stuff before the chorus part of the song and stuff

Wizdomiot - 9/10*
pretty damn fun

Why do you hate me? - 7/10
fun parts, and too hard parts. jacks felt like a lot lol

Yokuatsu Sakuran Girl - 7/10
started to get pretty boring. bpm change was a nice breath of fresh air, but a lil stale

Yura-Yura Sweet Genocide - hard/10
lol i passed at least

._Pulse - hard/10
fun jacks and hard handstream

YoshL's personal fav files
==================
ATEKS TRIALOGUE (heavy)
Catch your Eyes
DANBO
Everlasting Message
Frozen World
Ice Cage
Internet bitch
Juicy
Kakushinteki Metamaruphose!
LegenD.
New Game
overcomplexification
Preserved Valkyria
Raise your flag
Sayonara Planet Wars
SpaceLand TOYBOX
Trooper
Wizdomiot

lurker 11-21-2015 12:04 PM

oh shit

mijkolsmith 11-21-2015 12:04 PM

fuck yea

Wafles 11-21-2015 12:05 PM

For anyone who may be looking for some recommendations on where to start, I thought it would be cool to post some of my favorite files from the pack. This list is by no means all inclusive, and I didn't include a lot of files that I REALLY like, so don't be offended if your file isn't on the list.

Bassdrop Freaks
Caramel Soundwave
Extrasolar
Frozen World
GOODTEK
Internet Bitch
Kakushinteki Metamaruphose!
Ooi [Game Edit]
Raise your flag
Reminiscing
REVOLUTIONARY ADDICT
Sayonara Planet Wars
Sun Valley (0.8x lel)
Why do you hate me?

AutotelicBrown 11-21-2015 12:09 PM

me on the left :mrgreen:

EDIT: going to playtest the pack on stream in a moment http://www.twitch.tv/autotelicbrown

shenjoku 11-21-2015 12:40 PM

I think I found what I'm doing today :) Thank you sir.

Kraezymann 11-21-2015 01:41 PM

I'll probably get this :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yoshl
Antipixel - 7/10
nice jacking file, interesting 32nd pattern choice. technically off but still pretty nice

The patterns were off or they weren't 32nds?

YoshL 11-21-2015 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kraezymann (Post 4378590)
I'll probably get this :)

The patterns were off or they weren't 32nds?

because i'm not going through w/ like the editor, i'm just assuming. I think some of both all over the place, there were i think a couple places where you could have had some more fast notes going on and didn't, etc. (i think)

Ziemniax 11-21-2015 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4378569)
Chandelier - 6/10
lol i failed the first time. (nice no cd tile) dislike file to song because you could just as easily remove "chandelier" from the bgm and the file would still work

I was sure I added the cdtitle lol :O

GoldknightX 11-21-2015 02:42 PM

How DARE you do this to my fast download speed? Where did you upload this file to, China? D:
Nahh just kiddin, this release is awesome thank you, I'll be playing it shortly XD!

Dynam0 11-21-2015 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wafles (Post 4378561)
Difficulties are assigned based on the calculations from http://smleaderboards.net/

heh

Wafles 11-21-2015 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldknightX (Post 4378598)
How DARE you do this to my fast download speed? Where did you upload this file to, China? D:
Nahh just kiddin, this release is awesome thank you, I'll be playing it shortly XD!

mediafire has gone to shit lately, use the mirror if mediafire is slow :/

YoshL 11-21-2015 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ziemniax (Post 4378597)
I was sure I added the cdtitle lol :O

the .sm had the cdtitle listed as "#CDTITLE:ziemniax_underjoy-CD;" without .png and i don't think 3.95 likes that lol

faster! faster!! faster!!! is the wrong version fuck lol (thank you_)

Wafles 11-21-2015 03:04 PM

http://smleaderboards.net/uploads/pa...5bYoshL%5d.rar

Patch for Faster faster faster

rparty89 11-21-2015 03:10 PM

Yolo dling

nvm <->

Fantasticone 11-21-2015 03:18 PM

Download for Betsuni Betsuni.

SCWolf 11-21-2015 04:13 PM

Coooooooooooooool

Shxfted 11-21-2015 04:19 PM

I wish StepMania would actually work instead of freezing right after I open it so I can actually play these files, oh well.

GoldknightX 11-21-2015 05:39 PM

Yeah, to anyone whose checking in don't use the mediafire link (first one) use the second one, it SHOULD be faster. Either that or the one Wafles just linked at the top of this page.

-Tim- 11-21-2015 06:33 PM

Short reviews of some gay songs i played:

Bassdrop Freaks - 8/10

Nanahira is gross, but this chart isn't. Song choice itself doesn't do it for me, but I really liked the jackhammers and I might play it again from time to time.

Betsuni BETSUNI Betsuni - betsuni/BETSUNI

i love it

Blastix Riotz - 9/10

Really surprised with the approach this file took to a song that basically encourages stupid hard patterns, loved it.

Distort Your Ear - 6/10

It was okay, the bursts were fun but I don't have much else to say about it.

Extrasolar - 9/10

Really neat song, chart is just as neat and the fast streams made what would have been a normal jumpstream file worth playing so much more.

Freedom Dive (tpz Overcute Remix) - 9.2/10

Fucking obnoxious as hell remix, but super comfy 235 js is always a fun thing to play (even on warmups).

Invitation From Mr. C - 5/10

It was at least worth one play, though I wasn't a fan of the layering and the trill with a hold at the start definitely didn't make me anymore excited to play this.

Mittens Is Angry - 7/10

Hella cool bursts, ending ramps the fuck up and I wasn't expecting that. Look forward to the Tim Is Angry remix.

Ooi (Game Edit) - 10/10

Fucking loved it, I honestly don't have anything else but good things to say about this file, it was good from start to finish.

overcomplexfication - 9/10

Already played it on osu!mania way before this made it's way over to Stepmania, still just as fun.

RAISE YOUR FLAG - 8/10

inverse holds threw me off but i love you skwid

Sunday Once More - 9/10

Really liked the minijacks, those were pretty neat.

Time To Air - 5/10

Jumpstreams jumpstreams jumpstreams. Might be more fun on rates, otherwise found it really dull.

Verse IV - IV/10

Underwhelming for the most part, mostly just jumpstreams and not much else.

AZVW_2 11-21-2015 06:37 PM

Gratz it's out and enjoying~ (licking keyboards)...

LeiN- 11-21-2015 06:46 PM

omg, I eventually noticed there is some missed notes in 'The Sampling Paradise'..

also that is the version of before fixed pattern in 80.155~86.785

YoshL 11-21-2015 07:01 PM

after autotelicbrown is done playing, i'll be starting and continuing to do reviews on stream @ http://twitch.tv/djdai

GammaBlaster 11-21-2015 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rCaliberGX (Post 4378566)
whoa!

gonna download to see what this "stepmania" style mapping is like (i'm from osumania :>)

good funny :~)

ATTang 11-21-2015 10:07 PM

yolol

Wafles 11-21-2015 10:21 PM

:>

Download link was just updated to resolve a couple of issues, I also provided a much smaller patch .rar that you can just replace the couple of updated files.

I removed the bitlink/mediafire link because it was being slow and lame.

Zon Fire 11-22-2015 02:17 AM

Solid pack so far, very nice job everyone!!

PolygonEater 11-22-2015 02:19 AM

Pack has a lot of fun files :3 Though Our Journey and Epilogue's mp3 has symbols stepmania 5 doesn't like so it doesn't play.

4-10 ûlé+é+é¦ù+é¦âGâsâìü[âOüB[Long ver.].mp3

lurker 11-22-2015 06:54 AM

it's not a problem with sm5, my setup ran it just fine (5.0.10)

Ziemniax 11-22-2015 07:12 AM

Why didn't you use the second background for burn this moment into the retina of my eye? Tidek wanted to have that one in the pack.
and why Chandelier is lv.1 without cdtitle
:<

Wafles 11-22-2015 09:31 AM

Patch is updated to correct some more issues.

Full pack is updated as well.

Sidek 11-22-2015 11:07 AM

someone need fix AETHER and replace AE to this > Æ

Shxfted 11-22-2015 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4378569)
Overworld - 8/10
cool

10/10 feedback '_>'

Mollocephalus 11-22-2015 11:54 AM

Getting this :)

YoshL 11-22-2015 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shxfted (Post 4378700)
10/10 feedback '_>'

"feedback"

im down to replay files if anyone actually wants a more in depth opinion/second glance or something

still need to finish up the last like 8 songs

Skwid1 11-22-2015 12:21 PM

"meme"

AutotelicBrown 11-22-2015 03:20 PM

"��"

I actually forgot the names of the charts I liked but I'll mention DANBO because that was really fun.

YoshL 11-22-2015 04:06 PM

James May got much better at stepping

Buta-san 11-22-2015 04:31 PM

(chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ''ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ'')

Shxfted 11-22-2015 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4378708)
"feedback"

Don't mind me, just memeing '<_'

YoshL 11-22-2015 08:30 PM

"memeing"

James May 11-22-2015 08:35 PM

Quote:

DANBO - 8/10*
this is stupid fun, it just feels like there's some off stuff to me. doesn't change the fact that wow it's fun

Juicy - 9/10*
A+ work James May. love it
Glad to see that people like my files. I think I could have fixed a few things on DANBO for sake of flow but eh, w/e

Shxfted 11-22-2015 08:41 PM

I'm from o!m and the holds in Raise Your Flag 1.1 are still killing me, skwid pls

James May 11-22-2015 08:44 PM

Also, I'm glad that color theory actually worked in my favor for once lmao

GammaBlaster 11-23-2015 12:24 AM

did someone say memeing

Leo137 11-23-2015 12:30 AM

This pack is amazing! really the most polished organization i have seen ever, and the quality of the charts is really promising, so good job everyone! Also, thanks on everyone on the reviews, i put some effort on my charts and i hope you are liking it :)

I also tried to review some of these. I already have some favorites but i'm trying to play all the pack to give feedback and to know the fun charts.

Please note that this is just based on how i enyojed playing the file and by no means is about techical aspects (unless stated otherwise lol)
(warning: reviews may suck to give any proper feedback)
(warning2: i'm also reviewing the difficulty scale used)

2 Minutes Fighters - The layering feels really heavy, and is hard to hit, nevertheless, is allright 6/10
21 Century Digital Girl - Holds make this a little difficult to read, but this didn't feel like a 23 at all wtf 6/10
A Dichroic Glass Snafu - bursts and jacks got really harsh at some parts, but this is really fun :) 8/10
Absurd Gaff - the trills at the start here fun, i didn't really felt the "schranz" in this but it was good 7/10
Adularscence - the minijacks got me, i don't have much to say about this... 6/10
A-Ha! - The second 24th feels way easier that the first :p, nice file, and for being that short, very varied 8/10
Antipixel - 32nds felt quite tense due to patterning, the chart is ok i guess 6/10
Ateks Trialogue - the layering is weird and the patterning could be smoother, this has a lot of mean things that made it less enjoyable than it could had been :( 6/10
Bassdroppu freaks - i recognize some samples hm 8-), this is very fun! jacks are the main difficulty of it but is great at it is. 9/10
betsuni BETSUNI betsuni - i remember telling wafles that yolo was similar to SMOC, this is the pinnacle of that comparison: korean gfx, niconico memes and a jacky chart --/--
Blastix Riotz - i was spoiled on this, file does great on preserving the feeling of the song without getting too technical of harsh. 7/10
Blaze - theres nothing too wrong with this but sorry, this version of blaze was not more intense/fun than the others, i don't see myself playing this again 4/10
burn this moment into the retina of my eye - good, no complaints on this. maybe just too long but that's how the song goes. 7/10
Caramel Soundwave - DJ NICOJITA(NECOJITA) trying to be nanobii, tim trying to be wafles stepping nanobii. :v 9/10

i will update this later as i keep playing the pack :)

-Tim- 11-23-2015 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo137
Caramel Soundwave - DJ NICOJITA(NECOJITA) trying to be nanobii, tim trying to be wafles stepping nanobii. :v 9/10

ehehehehe

Pineapple Spaceship is one of my favorite Dump Parade files and I wanted to do something in generally the same style as Wafles did. From the looks of it, it seems like I did well on that part. 1.2 is the recommended experience for it :D

Wafles 11-23-2015 07:57 PM

The inspiration behind Caramel Soundwave really was pretty obvious, I love that file. It is interesting in its own right at least, especially in patterning compared to the approach I would've taken.

Wafles 11-23-2015 08:01 PM

On another note, Patch has been updated
Fixes this time for burn this moment (bg fix in the .ssc file, sorry Ziemniax - I totally misunderstood what you were saying about what the problem was :/), and ATEKS TRIALOGUE

Krolxp 11-24-2015 02:18 PM

Most of files are really interesting here.
Warning: My review might suck as well and I'll use scale.

Freedom dive (tpz overcure remix) - 9/10
Good as a warmup. Patterning is pleasant while playing that song.

Overcomplexification - 9/10
Solid file/beatmap

ShinyshinyRing - 7/10
JS. Nothing more.

Sayonara Planet Wars - 10/10
Solid stamina file. Patterning is really awesome here. :D

Odoru Mizuskibuki - 8/10
Sometimes it makes me misread but it's not a issue here. There's no problems here. that's it.

LegenD. - 8/10
JS and some trills. Anyway, it's good to play it.

Internet Bitch - 9/10
Next solid one. It isn't a stamina file but it's good Hold/JS one.

21st Century Digital Girl (NC remix) - 8/10
Decent Jandstream and holds in dense parts.

Kakuzetsu Thanatos - 9/10
Solid map/simfile. 24ths make a good job here.

BetsuniBetsuniBetsuni... - 5/10
NND, jacks similar to SMOC and easy to AAA (maybe even AAAA).

Speed of Link - 9/10
Stamina file. Patterns and consistency are super while playing and there's a file which is good for stamina training.

Chandelier - 7/10
Consistency is sincerly nice but some patterns are making quite zzz...

Rave6 - 8/10
Solid file. Some jacks make that file harder

Why do you hate me? - 10/10
I don't wonder a better file here ^^

Power Flux - 9/10
Hard file. I'm glad I see that file. Good for Stamina and reading. It looks not bad as a hard shit. ^^

Reminiscing - 10/10
Patterning are really awesome. I say only one word here: Excellent!~

Miracle 5ympho X (Extended) - 8/10
Solid file only.

ÆTHER - 7/10
File as a file... with only JS. Anyway, no complaints.

Cruciform Dachshund - 9/10
Hard file. Really good.

It's a 10 bats - 7/10
It's kinda SMOC style, but I don't disagree a fact it's nice.

Luv song - 6/10
WTF? I'm still regretting I played that once and I found that one which looks dumb. Pattering is decent counting holds as well.
My index Independence sucks

Ojousama Muchafuri - 8/10
Decent file. That's it. JS and overall patterning are nice and some colours in notes make that file better.

**UPDATE**

CroiX - 5/10
Boring... Trills make me confused while playing that.

Gimme Gimme Gimme - 7/10
Sincerely... Decent, even AAA-able.

Ooi - 7.5/10
Good patterns section. But it's quite ez.

Plain Asia - 5/10
Nothing special.

Packed your Ears with Shit - JACKPOT/10
A good shit as always.

Absurd Gaff - 6.67/10
nice JS but it's quite boring.

Any complaints?
I know it's not very accurate and I'm not good at reviewing.

Darkbreezee 11-24-2015 06:55 PM

Sayonara Planetwars - Leo137
Troopers - Wafles
Reminiscing - Leo137

The 3 most awesome for me right now.
Especially Troopers is freaking nice, shout out to you Wafles dear sir!!

Going to play through all of them later that day, just glad that pack is here !
Edit:
Blaze is stupid ... meh

YoshL 11-25-2015 12:25 AM

Mollocephalus 11-25-2015 01:30 AM

i played this pack and literally can't pass half of it

since when are packs so difficult :(

[TeRa] 11-25-2015 08:05 AM

had no idea this was out already lol sick
ty wafles and all involved for yet another great pack :)

Darkbreezee 11-25-2015 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollocephalus (Post 4379010)
i played this pack and literally can't pass half of it

since when are packs so difficult :(

yeah the yolo packs gotten more difficult with each released, but they are amazing, there are easier ones as well tho.
I actually use Stepmania only 30 mins of the day to get my fingers warm in order to play FPS xD

Edit:

Kakuzetsu Thanatos
whos file is that?
, there is no banner showing, anyways freaking awesome file, its fast paced, yet the placement is so awesome, that you actually hit the correct notes by "accident" lmao, you sir are a genius!

Sidek 11-25-2015 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbreezee (Post 4379028)
yeah the yolo packs gotten more difficult with each released, but they are amazing, there are easier ones as well tho.
I actually use Stepmania only 30 mins of the day to get my fingers warm in order to play FPS xD

Edit:

Kakuzetsu Thanatos
whos file is that?
, there is no banner showing, anyways freaking awesome file, its fast paced, yet the placement is so awesome, that you actually hit the correct notes by "accident" lmao, you sir are a genius!

its _underjoy = Ziemniax simfile

Ziemniax 11-25-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darkbreezee (Post 4379028)

Edit:

Kakuzetsu Thanatos
whos file is that?

Pleasant to hear that someone likes my file :3
Thanks! Chandelier is another file I made for Yolo 4 ^.^

Mahou 11-25-2015 06:50 PM

So far I'm enjoying every one of the songs in this pack.

Edit: Yura Yura is pretty retarded though.

Darkbreezee 11-26-2015 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mahou (Post 4379110)
So far I'm enjoying every one of the songs in this pack.

Edit: Yura Yura is pretty retarded though.

+1 Yura is .. well it is..

btw:

Wafles "Cormak - Trooper" Version is dunno 10 times better than the original, dude you should upload that one on YT

lurker 11-26-2015 12:53 PM

hey guys i think i matter so i'm just throwin this out there

bassdrop freaks - trole
betsuni - betsuni
chandelier - epic song choice, ideal file
connaextion - neat idea but the holds are a bit much
dopamine - idk
double yome happy wedding - lmfao
eastward - pretty neat
everlasting message - what the fuck is this shit
forgotten - aaaaaaaaaaaa
freedom dive - monotonous as fuck
frozen world - pretty cool
gaia - pretty much the best you could do, some odd bursts
gbye - based as fuck file, drags a *little* bit
gimme gimme gimme - lmfao this is so goofy i love it
goodtek - vanilla
kinetic - gad dam
legend - fine until the kill as fuck ending
licca - oh god those jacks make me think of the others
looming shadow etc - not bad
luv song - that ending is nasty but most of this file is REALLY cool
mittens is angry - evil
night sky - gay bursts
one by one - goddamn it leo you're supposed to change the default settings before you speed up the song
ooi - pretty cool
our journey and epilogue - i don't think the first few rolls do what you want them to, but this is pretty cool as a never-try-to-score-on-this-ever kinda file
overcomplexification - pretty fun
packed your ears with shit -
powerflux - holy fuck ow ow ow ow ow were you trying to make this impossible on rates cuz i think those jumptrills did it
preserved valkyria - not bad, that 24th stream is really boring and the trap ending is a turn off
pupa - neat scoring file
pure evil - feels like a higher difficulty got rejected
rave 6 - lmfao
reminiscing - yessssssssssssss
revolutionary addict - worst file in the pack
spaceland toybox - loses a bit of the nuance
speed of link - only played heavy but lol damn
sun valley - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S13q9IzTuP4
sunday once more - generic js or not i'm a fan of the song choice like mad
time to air - second worst file in the pack
toilet story 5 - nastier than my own toilet
tomato leaf breaks - holy fuck
tyranny falls - the chorus turns into the meanest shit by the end lol
w1sh - pretty solid but the bursts are pretty effed up, love this song too
why do you hate me - thankfully less mean than the other dumps

verse iv - actually this might be the worst file in this pack

Leo137 11-26-2015 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4379258)
one by one - goddamn it leo you're supposed to change the default settings before you speed up the song

ay elemao

i feel offended because i changed the settings :(
i sped up 10bpm with pitch change
the rest without it

made the bpm and the cut exactly to be under 2:30

GammaBlaster 11-26-2015 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lurker (Post 4379258)

powerflux - holy fuck ow ow ow ow ow were you trying to make this impossible on rates cuz i think those jumptrills did it

I wouldn't attempt the ending handstream on rates either (^: but ye, didn't think about rates for this file whoops!!

lurker 11-26-2015 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leo137 (Post 4379318)
ay elemao

i feel offended because i changed the settings :(
i sped up 10bpm with pitch change
the rest without it

made the bpm and the cut exactly to be under 2:30

yo just hit me up next time you want to nightcore a song, audacity's time stretching is godawful and makes me sad

lurker 11-27-2015 03:12 PM

i'm finding a very high correlation between stepping bemani music and not giving a flying fuck about what's going on in the music
people who stepped both bemani and non-bemani music invariably made the non-bemani files more technically relevant, even disregarding everything labelled "dump"
props to gradiant and billium for clearly working their asses off on their files

BilliumMoto 11-27-2015 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krolxp (Post 4378916)
Luv song - 3/10
WTF? I'm still regretting I played that once and I found that one which looks dumb. Pattering is decent counting holds as well.

your finger independence sucks

PrawnSkunk 11-27-2015 10:35 PM

Are the fixes for Patch 1 included in the current download?

Wafles 11-28-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 4379460)
Are the fixes for Patch 1 included in the current download?

Yes

EzExZeRo7497 11-28-2015 04:08 AM

Powerflux and Pulse are godly.

also looming shadow >>>> freedom cutie

Krolxp 11-28-2015 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BilliumMoto (Post 4379450)
your finger independence sucks

Sincerely... well. It isn't like I meant truly. I appreciate your effort to get your files better. Yes, my index finger sucks. I wanted to give a higher note but I felt cancerous by lags. That was a problem with judging by me Well. Personally I give here is 6/10. It isn't really dumb but it makes me confused. Anyway it's decent file.

choof 11-28-2015 10:37 AM

let me preface this post, because there is an obvious disconnect between how I (and I'm sure how a few others) play stepmania, and the current stepmania meta. a lot of the artists in this pack are new faces, and I can only assume based on my experience with osumania, that these new faces are from the osumania player base. this isn't a bad thing, it's great to see new faces. but what I've noticed is that the approach to charting for stepmania is slowly moving over to the osumania approach to charting. this isn't bad, but it is frustrating. stepmania is significantly more robust than osumania. a large portion of people moving over to stepmania are playing using sm5, and sm5 has a ton of other features that can be used to make charts more interesting, and can bring in new ideas.

one thing I've noticed in playing all of the charts in this pack, is the usage of holds. holds in osumania have a timing for release. holds in stepmania do not. being able to hit noodles in osumania is a specific skillset. being able to hit noodles in stepmania has very little to do with skill, because of how holds work. I can release a hold early; as long as I hit the starting note as a marvelous, and the end of the hold reaches the receptors before it's dropped, it's considered "hit."
stepmania: you hit the hold or you dropped it
osu!mania: you hit the note and released the hold at the exact moment it ends

what I'm ultimately trying to say is that, as a seasoned sm player and a chart maker (beatmapper, simfile artist, whatever you want to call us who make charts nowadays), I would really like to see a difference in osu!mania and stepmania charts.

having said all that, I personally disliked a lot of the charts in this pack. I'll be replaying a large portion of them though, solely because they're challenging and I enjoy seeing competition. even if there is less than there has been in the past. I wouldn't say this is a "fun" pack, but it is a "competitive" and "hard" pack. so it has replay value.

the following ratings are based on fun factor. honestly, if I don't say explicitly that I won't play a chart again, I'll probably play most of the charts on rates for scoring purposes.

2 minute fighters - pretty uninspired and boring. nothing stood out while playing, and the patterns are pretty unfriendly on rates. 3.5/10

21st century digital girl - quit out about half way through, bumped up to 1.3 to make it less boring. the 32nd flares make no sense, and there is nothing musically to warrant 16ths. this shouldnt have been accepted imo. 3/10

a dichroic glass snafu - pretty awful jack usage, color theory didnt really make sense. could have used some mine usage or holds to spruce up the chart significantly. as is, this feels like it was made by an ffr player for submission to ffr. 4.5/10

absurd gaff - nearly skipped this one after seeing bpm, length, and amount of jumps. played anyway. quit out halfway through. boring as hell. 2/10

adularescence - patterns flow pretty well, the minifreezes for synth before the buildup looked fine. the jacks felt alright, not a fan of how jacks like that are presented but whatever. only thing I didnt like was the 32nd burst. 7/10

aether - jumptrills to the ascending synths got really old, really fast. piano interlude with the mines made zero sense. only thing notable about this was the first part of the outro. 4/10

aha! - infuriating that people feel the need to chart things after speeding up the music. this chart would have been perfectly fine at the original speed for MA purposes, and it would have scaled nicely. having said, this wasn't bad. the patterns during the intro and later on during the same musical section rock. 12th jack section was a nice touch. 6/10

alphaomega - piano section absolutely blows goats, but I liked the 12th section and the forced jacks. overall, pretty underwhelming and totally forgettable. 4/10

antipixel - the way you patterned the 32nds to match the sidechaining after the kicks, mmmmf. unfortunately, a few sections of this are totally underwhelming, and leaves a lot to be desired. playing on rates makes the underwhelming parts way more fun, but makes the streams a lot less fun. 6.5/10

ateks trialogue - started on oni, heard polyrhythms in the intro that weren't charted, quit out and switched to edit, and was quickly disappointed. not a bad chart at all though, the piano (whats with all the piano interludes, fuckin christ) interlude was actually quite good, some of the difficulty spikes were kinda brutal. the chart is definitely MAable up until the last few measures. kinda reminds me of a bmah with less polish. 7/10

bassdrop freaks - forgot that I played this approximately 5 seconds after I finished playing it. unmemorable in pretty much every way possible. 2/10

betsuni - was expecting something dumb, got a pretty cute file that I got 1p on and will probably never go for quad. mad/10

blastix riotz - just okay. trills were a pleasant deviation from js charts, but the file overall was lacking some serious colors. really didnt leave that much of an impression, and the outro was pretty lame. 5/10

blaze - watched this on autoplay. fucking lmao. this is absolutely awful. 0/10

burn this moment into the retina of my eye - 6 minutes of goreshit, absolutely should have been cut. sorry, I appreciate the work that went into this chart, but this drags on and on. the actual break sections have some neat minijacks, but a lot of the chart feels very familiar. the individual break sections are varied enough musically to warrant interesting patterns, some mine gimmicks, well-placed freezes. this left a lot to be desired. 3.5/10

caramel soundwave - this really didnt need a chart. utterly boring. 1.5/10

catch your eyes - super cute chart, the streams worked really well. definitely going to rethrn to this one. my only gripes are about some of the jacks, and the streams that are a mess of colors. pretty sure that's not what's happening musically. other than that, fun chart. 7.5/10

chandelier - jesus christ this was annoying and unbelieveably boring. 1.5/10

chrono diver - alright chart, nothing notable. the jumptrills at the end are annoying. 5/10

connaextion - super fun, only real issue I had was the intro. the freeze section is 100% not how I would have charted it, but it works well enough. 8/10

croix - took a bit for the chart to begin, the minimal approach didnt fit well with the song, and once the chart started getting denser, it merely became forgettable. 4.5/10

cruciform dachshund - out of igorrr's entire discography, you picked a really awful track to chart. brutal patterning, liked the jacks in the beginning. the walls were kinda gross though, even though the were pretty easy to hit. jumpstream was, oddly enough, the weakest part of this chart. an alright chart overall. 6.5/10

danbo - great song, starts to drag on after a while though. the main issue I have is that this is terribly inconsistent. the colored notes drop out after a few measures, you missed a bunch of 32nds, and a lot of the jacks feel very forced. should have been looked at more closely imo, but oh well, it's decently fun otherwise. 7/10

discloze - really really boring, enough to the point where this is a snoozefest at any rate under 1.5. 3/10

distort your ear - takes too long to get going, but when it does, it's an okay dump. some of the 32nds, particularly when paired with the jumpjacks, don't fit well at all. not bad though. 5.5/10

dopamine - this chart does not even remotely do the song justice. this was a terrible chart. messy, inaccurate, inconsistent, and most importantly, did not capture the feeling of the music. maybe I'm biased because the first time I heard this song was from lg's 6k chart, but I hated this so much. 0/10

double yome happy wedding - inconsistent, but was fun for the most part. the mine section was easily the best part of the entire chart, loved that. didn't like some of the 24th trills later on. will be returning to this chart though. 7/10

dragonlady - loads of fun, holy shit. some odd patterns here or there, but otherwise this chart owns. 8/10

eastward - really inconsistent. the intro and outro both sucked, but the middle was great. the color usage was pretty awful throughout the entire chart, and the mine usage was iffy as hell (that mine in the outro shouldnt be there, as an example). good ideas, just not fully fleshed out. 6.5/10

engine - so underwhelming, it's actually quite upsetting. this could have been one of the best charts in the entire pack. however, I will say that the jumpstream sections are definitely some of the best sections I have played thus far, amazingly good. but the rest of the file, ugh. 7/10

everlasting message - the only issue I have is that 48th burst thing that sounds totally arbitrary. I have to thank you for charting the jumpstream sections like you did, because they are very tasteful and wonderful to hit. definitely will be playing this one again and again, well done. 8.5/10

extrasolar - hands down blows all of your other charts in this pack out of the water. keeping the chart at 100bpm was a fantastic idea, loved the mine usage, loved the js patterns, loved this chart through and through. 9/10

faster faster faster - definitely could have used a cut. the second half of the chart is far more fun than the first half, and that speedup is loads of fun. drags a bit during the standard jumpstream sections, but this chart definitely isnt bad at all. 7/10

forgotten - really didnt like the layering scheme in this. brutal chart, but even though it's hard, it's kinda boring. 5/10

freedom dive tpz remix - i'm just going to assume that you charted this, just for the sake of charting this. youre not getting a rating for this one until you confirm meme or non-meme status.

frozen world - ugh, no thanks. over stays it's welcome after about a minute and a half. 2/10

gaia - kinda bland, but the mines and some other neat sections make up for it. not much to say about this honestly. 6/10

gbye - fun on 1.2, pretty boring otherwise. 4/10

gimme gimme gimme - should have been cut. not what I was expecting, bit still kinda boring. glad I sightread an AAA, probably won't play this one again. 3/10

goodtek - fun, but kinda boring outside of the js sections. start using mines. nothing really notable otherwise. 6.5/10

hoshi ga furanai machi - not bad, js is pretty fun, but it drags on after a while, probably due to how slow this is compared to other charts in the pack. the 32nd section owns. the jacks really feel like they were put there solely to ruin scores on rates, since the majority of the file scales very well. 7/10

hoshikuzu no interlude - cute file. 7/10

I dont play kancolle but waifus - lmao. 8/10

i'm your daddy - easily one of the worst charts in the pack. patterns make no sense whatsoever. 0/10

ice angel - eze pleasey lemon squeezy, I cant take another one of your marathon charts. 2/10

ice cage - was actually pretty excited to play this purely based on the amount of jumps. the low jump count meant a needed break from the jumpstream meta. fun chart, one of the better dumps. 7.5/10

internet bitch - alright chart, even though it's pretty short, the second half felt like it was longer than it actually was. 5/10

inivitation from mr. c - ugh, this was forgettable as hell. 3/10

it's a 10 bats - was excited for a swing chart, was quickly disappointed by how bad this was. ghost notes??? 2/10

juicy - the color notes to the squeaks was one of the most memorable things I've played, but overall this chart was super messy. this would have been one of the better charts if it was looked at more closely. 7/10

kakushinteki metamaruphose - JAPAN. you already know my thoughts, and this version is a bit more polished. 7.5/10

kakuzetsu thanatos - I dont remember playing this lol. 2/10

kinetic - one of the weaker dumps from pancaks, not bad though. 6/10

kirakira time - bleeeeeh. 4/10

legend - pretty alright, nothing really to say about it. I like that you used jumptrill patterns that arent fuckin [12][34] over and over. 6/10

licca - utterly boring, and the quad sections sucked. 3/10

looming shadow of a tree long gone - pls stop making boring chart. the 12th jacks are blatantly incorrect. fuck, this probably could have made for a really fun chart, but this just keeps going and going. 2/10

lost emotion - wtf did I just play. mine usage was iffy in some sections, most notably the intro. the colored sections were totally weird, but this turns out to be a pretty memorable chart. probably loads of fun on rates. 6.5/10

luv song - lmaoooo you're an asshole. this chart owns, I think??? this is not a 19, btw, this is a lot harder than most charts that arent dumps. the 48th trill was totally unwarranted though, should have been a roll pattern of some sort. but yeah, this was super fun. 8/10

miracle sympho x - no thanks. 3/10

mittens is angry - the second drop is easily the best part of the chart, it's kinda boring until then. 6.5/10

mousou express - it's like youre not even paying attention when you make charts. this wasnt nearly as bad as that other chart from earlier, but fuck this layering. mfw ghost notes in 2015. 1.5/10

netoge haijin sprechchor - based solely on sample music, I bumped this up to 1.4 and watched on autoplay. totally forgettable and boring, except for the minijacks, which happen once at the end and totally ruin the flow. 3/10

new game - good thing that was short. 5/10

night sky - fuckin owns, that drop was the best I've played thus far. gg. 8.5/10

odoru mizushibuki - eh, decent. bonus points for bg, would smash with the fury of 1000 cirnos. 6.5/10

ojousama muchafuri - sick. should have cut so we're not expecting a marathon. idk how the rest of the song sounds, but if it's also chartable, please finish this. 8/10

one by one - took me a second to realize what exactly was going on. the last js section was pretty interesting. not a bad chart. 7/10

ooi - I really dont want to seem like I'm bandwagoning, but yeah this was tight. the syncopation during the "h-h-h-here we go" section was fuckin great, and the piano section was just as great. solid chart. 8.5/10

our journey and epilogue - thank you so much for charting this. I'm pretty much speechless at the moment, everything about this chart was beautiful, there were sections where I just couldnt keep a straight face and smiled from ear to ear. as I'm writing this, I still haven't played the rest of the charts in the pack, but I sincerely doubt anything will top this. 10/10

over light - not bad, the hand jacks were totally uncalled for. this would have been killer on rates, but those ruin the flow completely. everything else was pretty fluid. liked the ending. 7/10

over the testament - ur secret layering technique more like lmao ur right index finger/10

overcomplexification - pretty lackluster except for the middle section with 32nds and holds. that was tight. 6.5/10

overworld - quit out, not playing this ever.

packed your ears with shit - messy messy messy. 6/10

plain asia - boooooring. 4/10

porta vista - one of the most boring charts in the pack. I legitimately yawned while playing. infinitely more fun on, like, 1.7 lmao. 1.5/10

powerflux - fuck this is brutal. sick attention to detail, this is probably the hardest non-dump, and even then this is harder than most of the dumps I've played. great chart. 8/10

precipitation - boring as shit. 2.5/10

preserved valkryia - could have been way cooler, but it's an alright chart. the osu-style holds ruins the second half of the chart completely. 5/10

pupa - colored note usage is garbage except for the filtered section. overall, a decent chart. 5.5/10

pure evil - given the song, this chart was completely underwhelming and unforgettable. might rechart this. the holds on the vocals made zero sense. bursts were inaccurate. 3/10

raise your flag - quit out immediately. not playing this.

rave 6 - fucking awful. .5/10

reminiscing - pretty lackluster, although the mine usage was alright. 4/10

revolutionary addict - boring as hell. 2/10

sayonara planet wars - decently fun, mine smilies are always clever and fun to see since no one uses them. will probably play this again. 7.5/10

shokuji - what a coincidence, another skwid file with j-rock that I'm not playing.

sigma for the delta - pretty standard dump chart, nothing that stands out. some of the patterns in the tail end of the chart are dumb as shit. 4.5/10

spaceland toybox - not bad, decently fun. 6/10

speed of link - given your track record thus far in this pack, I'm skipping this one.

sun valley - fl studio presets/10

sunday once more - I think I would be accurate in saying this was charted after you received charts from gammeblaster. this was alright 6/10

sunnyshinyrimg - pretty boring through and through. 3/10

supercalifragilisticexpialidocious - not too bad, the jacks were fun to hit, and I liked that the ending js had hands when the majority of the js before didnt, nice way to wrap up a chart. 7/10

the end of the world - could have, and probably should have, been much much harder. this is very obviously a boss song, and there was a lot left to be desired. fortunately this was a short chart so it wasnt too disappointing. 5.5/10

the sampling paradise - noticed the error, and this was alright enough to warrant downloading the fix. not bad, a bit lackluster. 6.5/10

time to air - not playing solely based on principle.

toilet story 5 - overlayered for the sake of being a hard chart. wasnt fun. 2/10

tomato leaf breaks - lmao

trooper - by far the most satisfying dump, and jack, chart in the pack. the jack patterns fucking own. 8.5/10

tsumetai misnomer to hakase no dad - kept dragging on and on and on and on. 2/10

tyranny falls - this is totally not your fault, but I absolutely could not stand the totally synthetic nature of the song itself. everything, probably including the guitar, is synthetic. powermetal after 2010/10

ukigemo - pretty predictable, not much else to say. 5 /10

verse iv - super messy, some parts were awful, some parts kicked ass. the anchored section near the end with the kicks on c1, that was the best section of the entire chart. 6/10

vostochi express - do you want people to associate your cdtitle with really fucking awful charts? because this is how you do exactly that. 1/10

w1sh - slick chart, really enjoyed this one from start to finish. who the hell are you lol, I think I've enjoyed both charts so far. 8/10

wadatsumi - forgettable, EXCEPT for the 12ths which were totally incorrect. 2.5/10

we are kfc fairy pompoms - clever layering and pattern usage. not bad. 6.5/10

werewolf howls - nice text generator cdtitle, I remember when I had one those. ps this chart has sections that are the textbook definition of arbitrary. 1/10

why do you hate me - I actually dont hate you, this chart isnt bad. kinda overstays it's welcome after about two minutes, but overall it's decent. 6.5/10

wizdomiot - the section leading up to the 24th stream, and the stream iyself, were the best sections of the chart. loved the color usage and the rolls. mine usage, although minimal, was pretty tasteful. that middle section is good enough to warrant playing that chart again and again. 7/10

yokuatsu sahara girl - needed a cut very badly. pretty forgetable. 3/10

yura-yura sweet faget - LMAO

._pulse - pretty much every section that isnt jumpstream is wonderful. the jump trills woth increasingly longer holds was loads of fun to hit. jumpstream sections were pretty standard. 7.5/10

so finally, I'd like to give some pointers to the people who made charts. please download some "old school" packs, and just look at a handful of charts. some that I would recommend are odipacks 2 and 3, dark chancellor pack, the ffr seasonal packs, and untitled stepmania pack. you obviously don't have to listen to me, but I think that quite a few artists in this pack would benefit greatly from picking at some older, "classic" files.

james may, guil, lein, leo137, and kingfisher all have some serious potential.

thanks for taking the time to put this pack together, thanks to all who sent charts. this should keep the scoreboards and smo pretty busy for a while.

NeonSM 11-28-2015 11:08 AM

Vostochni 1/10

Makes sense! Thanks for the great review choof :*

While I don't agree with that rating, given the fact you gave no proof of why the file should be rated THAT low, I do agree with what you said about Aha! in general, and the overall rating given to it.

Thanks for taking the time to write this out.

Shxfted 11-28-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4379501)
overworld - quit out, not playing this ever.

lol fuck, tbh I don't like my charts either, but I didn't think this one was that bad

YoshL 11-28-2015 11:24 AM

dat journey and epilogue 10/10 :')