Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130392)

MarioNintendo 05-30-2013 10:11 PM

3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

It's that day, people. The day where you put FFR down, even though the notes will be posted in the next hour. The day where you buy a 3ds if you haven't already, and where you shell out $10 to play the greatest piece of video game adventure in history, namely, the Zelda Oracle of ages/Seasons series.

Seriously, this is my favorite Zelda ever (yes, ever (yes, EVER)) and I am super glad they are releasing it again. With the game link feature, you'll spend hours finishing the same games to different results. It is amazing, transcendental, even. And if you need any more reason to get this,

Anyone else has anything to share about these? Gosh, this might be an FFR forum, there is no reason not to embrace the true greatness of these.

HalfStep 05-30-2013 10:13 PM

Re: 3DS Zelda Oracle of Ages/Seasons

Fuck the 3DS.
Seasons was baller tho, I still play it sometimes ~

(I thought this thread was about a remake of Seasons/Ages on 3DS, atleast it's just the same game)

~kitty~ 05-30-2013 10:34 PM

I'm tempted to buy it, but I think I'll buy it after Summer is over (even though I'll be spending $2 more on it). Reason why I wont get it now are purely financial.

MarioNintendo 05-30-2013 11:45 PM

You should buy it. I'll give you ten bucks, sure.

~kitty~ 05-31-2013 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3914648)

Hahaha, what? You don't need to do that. I'll get it eventually for sure.

MarioNintendo 05-31-2013 01:34 AM

By the way, in the image in the spoilers, the game boy color is an exact 1:1 "replica". Feels insane. Putting 3D will feels like you're holding the damn thing! It's genius.

JohnRedWolf87 05-31-2013 05:05 AM

Sweet! Those are like the only Zelda games I'm missing.

T-Force 05-31-2013 03:38 PM

Picked up Seasons because I had like $6 left of credit left.
Gotta go find another one of those $20 cards to get Ages.
Also, they're $5 until June 20th before they go to probably $6 (same price as Link's Awakening).

Seriously, my 3Ds has so much Zelda now, it's not even funny.

MarioNintendo 05-31-2013 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 3914938)
Picked up Seasons because I had like $6 left of credit left.
Gotta go find another one of those $20 cards to get Ages.
Also, they're $5 until June 20th before they go to probably $6 (same price as Link's Awakening).

Seriously, my 3Ds has so much Zelda now, it's not even funny.

You know you could just add the necessary amount of money you need with a credit card? :P That's what I always do. PS, how did you like Seasons so far? I just finished Dungeon 5. rawr I love it.

Arkuski 05-31-2013 06:01 PM

Hardcore Boner.

Oh wait, VirtualBoy.

T-Force 05-31-2013 06:02 PM

I could, but I prefer the card because it keeps me budgeted, and I don't go crazy on credit.

And I'm too busy playing Golden Sun to hit it up yet.

Winrar 05-31-2013 06:04 PM

Unless there's a hard copy of this I won't be getting it. I have no wifi to get these games and no time to sit somewhere and wait for it to download.

Fluvs 05-31-2013 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3914648)

Give me ten dollars I haven't played these two games yet

No seriously I have never played it at all D:

igotrhythm 05-31-2013 09:52 PM

Oracle of Ages/Seasons is what happens when Capcom manages to get their hands on the Legend of Zelda franchise. This was back in 2001 when they didn't have their heads up their asses.

So you KNOW it's gonna be awesome. :D

~kitty~ 05-31-2013 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3915031)
Unless there's a hard copy of this I won't be getting it. I have no wifi to get these games and no time to sit somewhere and wait for it to download.

It's a really small file, though. If you did have wifi, you wouldn't have to wait that long at all. Just saying.

Garquillex 06-1-2013 12:55 PM

I actually find the Oracle games to be a big disappointment compared to Link's Awakening. The dungeons disappointed me and felt very unnatural, the bosses disappointed me, the overworld in Seasons disappointed me. Although I did love the time travel & overworld in Ages.

I just replayed them both over the last year

MarioNintendo 06-1-2013 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garquillex (Post 3915417)
I actually find the Oracle games to be a big disappointment compared to Link's Awakening. The dungeons disappointed me and felt very unnatural, the bosses disappointed me, the overworld in Seasons disappointed me. Although I did love the time travel & overworld in Ages.

I just replayed them both over the last year

To each his own, I guess. :) I purchased Link's Awakening last year and so far I don't dig it that much. I find it really confusing and the engine flows better in the Oracle games, even though its the same exact engine they used.

T-Force 06-1-2013 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winrar (Post 3915031)

Seasons took a minute maximum to fully download for me so there's no long wait times.

Garquillex 06-1-2013 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3915433)
To each his own, I guess. :) I purchased Link's Awakening last year and so far I don't dig it that much. I find it really confusing and the engine flows better in the Oracle games, even though its the same exact engine they used.

They lead you around like a dog in the oracle games. I love how natural LA is and how less direct everything is.

the world is so damn natural

xMUSICxMASTERx 06-1-2013 07:03 PM

Ages/seaons were amazing hnjdsbvfhcdjns I miss them. Definitely going to play them again soon.

Pseudo Enigma 06-1-2013 08:12 PM

Fuck yiss. I can't wait to grab this when I get my 3DS back from Best Buy.

psychopete 06-1-2013 09:15 PM

Only small shame is the fact that there's no Advance Shop, so no 100% completion. Oh well.

Picking up Ages with my next paycheck, working my way through Seasons now. I enjoy these a lot more now than I did as a kid, and I loved the hell out of them when I was younger.

igotrhythm 06-4-2013 06:14 PM

They took out the Advance Shop? Bummer! (Meh, I never cared for 100%, the Green Ring was hard enough to get)

Easy trick in Seasons to get the gasha nut heart piece: There's a buried patch of soil near the entrance to the sixth dungeon (two screens right and one down from the Gale Tree in the top-left corner of the world map). Plant a seed there, beat the dungeon, then head right for it and there should be your Heart Piece.

MarioNintendo 06-4-2013 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychopete (Post 3915639)
Only small shame is the fact that there's no Advance Shop, so no 100% completion. Oh well.

Picking up Ages with my next paycheck, working my way through Seasons now. I enjoy these a lot more now than I did as a kid, and I loved the hell out of them when I was younger.

It's not like the game told you it was completed 100% in the first place... No big loss. These advance rings did absolutely nothing.

SC_coolguy44 06-4-2013 06:50 PM

In Oracle of Ages, how are you supposed to enter the cave by the fairies forest? I think it has something to do with bombs, I just don't know where to find them.

MarioNintendo 06-4-2013 07:00 PM

I'm your man, I've got all the answers!

In the forest, search every corner. You'll eventually stumble upon a mystery seeds tree. Take them. A soldier will spot you and tell you than Queen Ambi was looking for them. Hel'll take you to the palace. The rest is straightforward.

~kitty~ 06-5-2013 06:12 PM

I decided to get the games, started with Oracle of Seasons and is it just me or is the boss in the Tarm Ruins hard to beat?

SC_coolguy44 06-5-2013 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3917157)
I'm your man, I've got all the answers!

In the forest, search every corner. You'll eventually stumble upon a mystery seeds tree. Take them. A soldier will spot you and tell you than Queen Ambi was looking for them. Hel'll take you to the palace. The rest is straightforward.

Thanks, man. I have successfully gotten halfway through the second dungeon now.

igotrhythm 06-19-2013 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~kitty~ (Post 3917658)
I decided to get the games, started with Oracle of Seasons and is it just me or is the boss in the Tarm Ruins hard to beat?

Not just you. Manhandla can be an absolute bitch with all the conveyor belts pushing you towards the center of the room and just how mobile he is. Equip the Magic Boomerang and the Roc's Feather, find your favorite island, and each flower requires 3 hits with the boomerang to destroy, using the feather to dodge as needed. After managing to destroy all the flowers, a few more boomerang hits to the body will expose his core. When you pull this off, all that's left is to run up, pull out your sword and destroy him. (You do have the Noble Sword, right?)

Sakish 06-30-2013 10:01 AM

Only finished seasons, never ages. However the series are amazing so deff getting these.

igotrhythm 07-7-2013 01:16 PM

If you're going to three-heart either of these games, a few points to keep in mind:

1. Get Dimitri. Insta-nom is better than damaging foes.

2. Invest in rings that reduce your damage taken. Armor Rings are a cheap way to do this. It's worth falling for the trap in the Great Moblin's castle in Ages to get the Armor Ring L-1, which is actually quite useful during that fight. It's also good for climbing the cliff south of Symmetry City.

3. Always have a Magic Potion on hand. This is not optional. You get 200 Rupees in the Zora Castle in Ages for a reason.

4. Minimize risk. When faced with a choice between dodging an attack and getting in a hit, always dodge. Pick enemies off with seeds and bombs whenever possible. The super-tough centaur enemies with sword arms? Boomerang stun. They aren't worth the trouble. It is, however, worth the trouble to get the Red Ring. Shorter fights are always better.

5. Learn how secrets work. The Mirror Shield and Master Sword are incredibly superior to anything else, and Bombchu takes a lot of the pain out of the tight quarters of the Black Tower Turret.

SC_coolguy44 10-30-2013 09:56 PM

Bump because I'm looking for tips on how to do the mermaid suit area in the Ancient Tomb in Oracle of Ages.

shenjoku 10-31-2013 12:19 AM

I personally didn't like Seasons very much but Ages is another story. I played through Ages multiple times but Seasons not so much. I guess I'm a sucker for the time travel? I dunno. I just liked the dungeons a lot more in Ages.

I should try to three heart run these games. I've done nearly every other Zelda game so may as well try these as well :P Don't remember much about them anymore though haha. Time to replay!

EDIT: Just noticed that was a necro thread lol. And sorry I don't have tips to help. Though Ages is my fav I don't remember much anymore. Probably all come back once I start playing it though.

ShAiOnEi 10-31-2013 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3914600)
It's that day, people. The day where you put FFR down, even though the notes will be posted in the next hour. The day where you buy a 3ds if you haven't already, and where you shell out $10 to play the greatest piece of video game adventure in history, namely, the Zelda Oracle of ages/Seasons series.

Seriously, this is my favorite Zelda ever (yes, ever (yes, EVER)) and I am super glad they are releasing it again. With the game link feature, you'll spend hours finishing the same games to different results. It is amazing, transcendental, even. And if you need any more reason to get this,

Anyone else has anything to share about these? Gosh, this might be an FFR forum, there is no reason not to embrace the true greatness of these.

For once somebody else agrees with me and hell yes this zelda kicks ass I love those games the best.

SC_coolguy44 10-31-2013 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4011990)
I personally didn't like Seasons very much but Ages is another story. I played through Ages multiple times but Seasons not so much. I guess I'm a sucker for the time travel? I dunno. I just liked the dungeons a lot more in Ages.

I should try to three heart run these games. I've done nearly every other Zelda game so may as well try these as well :P Don't remember much about them anymore though haha. Time to replay!

EDIT: Just noticed that was a necro thread lol. And sorry I don't have tips to help. Though Ages is my fav I don't remember much anymore. Probably all come back once I start playing it though.

Same. That's why I've gotten further in Ages than I did in Seasons. I'm only on the fourth dungeon in Seasons and I'm in the eighth dungeon in Ages. I personally found Ages a lot easier, even though the majority of people who have played both of these games say Ages is harder than Seasons.

shenjoku 10-31-2013 08:26 PM

Huh, I don't remember either being much harder than the other. Guess I'll find out when I start replaying them :)

igotrhythm 10-31-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SC_coolguy44 (Post 4011808)
Bump because I'm looking for tips on how to do the mermaid suit area in the Ancient Tomb in Oracle of Ages.

If you're talking about the part where you have to dodge the pits while the water flows, I just go down the middle, making minimal adjustments. The more you swim out of the way of the pits, the more you'll have to correct your course to dodge the next one.

SC_coolguy44 10-31-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 4012973)
If you're talking about the part where you have to dodge the pits while the water flows, I just go down the middle, making minimal adjustments. The more you swim out of the way of the pits, the more you'll have to correct your course to dodge the next one.

I'll try that out. Thanks!

Edit: @Shenjoku People are saying Ages is more difficult because they seem to have a harder time with the dungeons and more enemies are in that game.

igotrhythm 11-2-2013 01:30 AM

MarioNintendo 11-2-2013 09:53 AM

^ this part is sooooo awesome

kommisar 11-2-2013 10:09 AM

I'm just gonna get the cartridges eventually lol

shenjoku 11-2-2013 01:10 PM

I still have my cartridges :) I'd play it on my GBA but it's so much better playing on a computer with a nice big screen.

igotrhythm 11-2-2013 02:10 PM

I still have the Ages cart, but there's a short in the battery, so it doesn't hold a save after I turn the power off. Seasons I still have my deathless THC file. :)

MarioNintendo 11-2-2013 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4014239)
I still have my cartridges :) I'd play it on my GBA but it's so much better playing on a computer with a nice big screen.

Huhh?? I actually think the game looks much better on a smaller screen. For example, even on the 3DS, I prefer to use the original Game Boy Color ratio as opposed to the ''full screen'' option.

To each their own, I guess. In the end, all that matters is that we get to enjoy this awesome game! :)

Tps222 11-2-2013 03:40 PM

I really want a 3DS : (

shenjoku 11-3-2013 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 4014348)
Huhh?? I actually think the game looks much better on a smaller screen. For example, even on the 3DS, I prefer to use the original Game Boy Color ratio as opposed to the ''full screen'' option.

To each their own, I guess. In the end, all that matters is that we get to enjoy this awesome game! :)

I guess I just don't like having to be hunched over a tiny screen for hours on end anymore.

Just finished the mermaid cave in Ages. That was always my favorite dungeon. It's all coming back except that I don't remember any of the secrets. I still have level 1 everything haha.

Once I finish this initial playthrough I'm gonna do a three heart run; Might even stream it. It doesn't seem to get too difficult until the crown dungeon.
All of the Beamos shooting at you is going to be a real problem with only three hearts. Gonna have to be super good at dodging. Kind of a spoiler I guess since this dungeon is super Beamos heavy.

SC_coolguy44 11-3-2013 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4015107)
I guess I just don't like having to be hunched over a tiny screen for hours on end anymore.

Just finished the mermaid cave in Ages. That was always my favorite dungeon. It's all coming back except that I don't remember any of the secrets. I still have level 1 everything haha.

Once I finish this initial playthrough I'm gonna do a three heart run; Might even stream it. It doesn't seem to get too difficult until the crown dungeon.
All of the Beamos shooting at you is going to be a real problem with only three hearts. Gonna have to be super good at dodging. Kind of a spoiler I guess since this dungeon is super Beamos heavy.

For some reason Jabu-Jabu's Belly was a cakewalk for me.

shenjoku 11-3-2013 12:05 PM

I guess I'll find out once I get there :) I don't remember it at all yet.

SC_coolguy44 11-3-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4015123)
I guess I'll find out once I get there :) I don't remember it at all yet.

Well, that's the second to last actual dungeon in the game, so it probably won't be for a while.

igotrhythm 11-3-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4015107)

For Ages, to get the level 2 sword (which you can do before the Crown Dungeon) you have to complete the chain of favors.

-After beating Level 1, get the Poe Clock from the ghost.
-Give the Poe Clock to the postman in Lynna Village for Stationery.
-Give the Stationery to the man in the hole in Lynna Village for a Stinky Bag. (Try not to think about it too much)
-Give the bag to the stuffed-up Tokay cook on present Crescent Island and he'll give you Meat.
-Give the meat to the Happy Mask Salesman (oh hi) west of Lynna City and you'll get a mask.
-Give the dog mask to the dog lady for the Dumbbell.
-Give the weight to the dude in Symmetry City that wants to work out and you'll get the Cheesy Mustache.
-In Lynna City there is a man who will teach Link a Funny Joke in exchange for the mustache.
-Tell the Funny Joke to the emo kid in Lynna Village to get a Touching Book.
-Give the book to Maple and she'll give you a Magic Oar. (Don't worry, you won't have to fight her in this encounter.)
-Go to Rafton's house and change the Magic Oar for the Sea Ukulele.
-While you're at Rafton's place, go back to where you hit the storm and keep going north to find a cave. Go in and visit the Elderly Zora to exchange the guitar for a Broken Sword.
-Go back to Patch's place and complete a more difficult version of the Restoration Ceremony to get the Noble Sword! (ZeldaDungeon.net says you have to clear two waves, but I distinctly remember three.)

shenjoku 11-3-2013 11:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks for that. I actually did end up getting the level two sword for my three heart run after playing the normal run once I saw how many hits the final boss took. It would have taken me ages (harhar) to beat it without it. Even with the level 2 sword I died 11 times on the final boss and two other times: one when I was testing out a ring only to find out it didn't work for some reason (the blue holy ring) and the other was against the jabu-jabu boss. It took me nearly six hours but I did it, and It felt good :)

I did not have a shield the entire game except during the second dungeon
since it's required
and I did not use any rings since the one ring I tried to use I couldn't figure out. Also did not have any potions on me at any time except when required. So yeah, this turned out to be a rather minimalist run.

EDIT: Teri is just some alternate name I use once in a while in case you're wondering :P Shen was my normal run where I was trying to remember everything.

igotrhythm 11-4-2013 04:07 PM

Nice job clearing the 3HC. A few tips:

-When Plasmarine (the level 7 boss) starts swimming, it will be in a direct line to where you are at that moment. Swimming in a square around the room, stopping at each corner, is your safest bet. That way it will fire straight up/down or straight across, and you can even get him to swim into his own attacks for damage.

-The strategy of bouncing seeds off the wall to hit targets behind you that you use on the Level 3 boss also works for the underwater portion of the Level 6 boss battle.

-Veran in her bee form flies in a figure 8 around the room. Stay in the corner and get attacks of opportunity, because it's very easy to get greedy with the sword hits and have her fly into you. (I have no clue how you get through the black tower turret on three hearts, lmao.) Her spider form is tricky as hell, because you have to hit her with a bomb and then whale her with the sword while she's stunned from the blast. I recommend waiting until she tries to drop on you from the ceiling or baiting her into a miss when she tries to web you, as she's immobile for a while after executing those attacks. As for the turtle, just run back and forth across the room.

-You get the Blue Ring in a chest somewhere around the 8th dungeon. When worn, this little beauty halves all damage you take. Definitely superior. (The various Holy Rings provide you with immunity to specific sources of damage, like electricity or River Zora fire.)

-Consider falling for the trap in the Great Moblin's Keep. The Armor Ring L-1 is actually quite useful for when you get up to him.

-You don't even need the shield to flip those things. I watched a TAS and found out that you can also use a well-placed shovel. Three heart runs are all about minimizing risk, though, so I wouldn't recommend trying this. (Do you even have the shovel by that point? I don't remember.)

shenjoku 11-4-2013 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 4016073)
Nice job clearing the 3HC. A few tips:

-Veran in her bee form flies in a figure 8 around the room. Stay in the corner and get attacks of opportunity, because it's very easy to get greedy with the sword hits and have her fly into you. (I have no clue how you get through the black tower turret on three hearts, lmao.) Her spider form is tricky as hell, because you have to hit her with a bomb and then whale her with the sword while she's stunned from the blast. I recommend waiting until she tries to drop on you from the ceiling or baiting her into a miss when she tries to web you, as she's immobile for a while after executing those attacks. As for the turtle, just run back and forth across the room.

I had the most trouble with her second form since the projectiles go super fast and I kept accidentally running into the dark link's since I was trying to save them for health.

The black tower turret is pretty easy :P The only hard part is the first of the puzzle rooms where there's a blue knight in your way that's hard as hell to hit and kept knocking me back into the stairs.

Quote:

-You get the Blue Ring in a chest somewhere around the 8th dungeon. When worn, this little beauty halves all damage you take. Definitely superior. (The various Holy Rings provide you with immunity to specific sources of damage, like electricity or River Zora fire.)

I did try to use the blue holy ring but it didn't work for some reason, which was the cause of one of my deaths -_-

Quote:

-You don't even need the shield to flip those things. I watched a TAS and found out that you can also use a well-placed shovel. Three heart runs are all about minimizing risk, though, so I wouldn't recommend trying this. (Do you even have the shovel by that point? I don't remember.)

I watched a speedrun after I finished that used this technique. I was super surprised to see it haha. I had no idea that was an option. And yeah, you have the shovel before the first dungeon so there's no going out of the way or anything.

I might come back to it in a few years but I'm very done for now XD Seasons is next! >:3

igotrhythm 11-4-2013 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shenjoku (Post 4016337)

I did try to use the blue holy ring but it didn't work for some reason, which was the cause of one of my deaths -_-

I might come back to it in a few years but I'm very done for now XD Seasons is next! >:3

Not the Blue Holy Ring. The Blue Ring. They're different.

Some Seasons tips:

Don't bother trying to use bombs on Aquamentus. His only weak spot is his horn, and he's a lot more mobile than he was in the original. Pick your spots and don't get greedy, he can even fire beams behind him and the wooden shield is useless against them. It does, however, work against his charge.

For the level 2 miniboss, you have to throw bombs into his face. Level 2 boss, after throwing a bomb into his mouth you have to literally pick him up and toss him into the spike pit. I recommend using the boomerang to stun the enemies on the other side of the pit to get the Power Bracelet.

Level 3 has one of the more brutal item get rooms. It has enemies that mirror your movements just like the dark links in Veran stage 2 and a spinning spike, on top of conveyor belts. At least the boss fight is straightforward, though the miniboss can be punishing.

You can actually do Level 5 before Level 4, but given how easy it is to take a buttload of damage against Digdogger, I wouldn't recommend it. As for Gohma, the safe way is to slash off his claw before unloading seeds on his open eye, though I have killed him by shooting him as he rears back to strike and then jumping out of the way.

You have to get all 4 jewels before opening the way to level 6, but at least you don't /need/ to do favors to find the level 2 sword. However, Bipin will tell you that doing these favors is good for Gasha Nuts. What you do need favors for is the ability to purchase Magic Potions in Sunken City, though.

One screen down and two right of Level 6 is a buried soil spot. Plant a seed, beat the dungeon (Manhandla takes a long time to kill and is particularly annoying when it has one or two mouths left: Try magic boomerang and roc's feather, then close quickly with the sword for the final hit on the red core) and go back to it for an easy way to get the gasha nut heart piece.

In the Level 7 miniboss fight, the curse is in effect, so you need to keep the torches lit while dodging sword charges and fire sweeps. You also need the cape to make the jump to that switch...believe me, I've tried.

Level 8 has some real pain in the ass rooms. The miniboss requires you to cycle between mystery seed shots, power bracelets and the cape to jump away from his attacks. You can use ember seeds to hurt him in his ice form, but a faster way is to shrink the ice spike with mystery seed shots, hit him to change his form to fire, pick up the ice chunk and hurl it in his face. If you're looking for a safe route, I'd go with the ember seeds. At least the boss doesn't require you to shoot him with pegasus seeds for the kill...I prefer to get my hits in when he appears in the middle of the room and does that circle strafe.

Onox's Castle is a straight up gauntlet run where you have to kill everything before proceeding. You face a mix of Wizzrobes, then a combination of Darknuts and Wall Masters, then a rematch with the level 2 miniboss. During the first phase, when he uses Din as a shield, what you're supposed to do is use the Rod of Seasons to knock her away, though I've also found that donning the Green Holy Ring (no damage from electricity) lets you swing away with impunity.

shenjoku 11-5-2013 04:43 PM

What's the blue holy ring supposed to do then? It says take no damage from zora fire, but the river zoras still did damage. Is that something else? What else could it possibly be? O.o

igotrhythm 11-5-2013 05:22 PM

The Blue Holy Ring specifically protects you from damage from their fireballs. You'll still flash and get knocked back if you're hit, though.

For you speedrunners out there, if you burn the wall to the left of the crossroads room in Spirit's Grave (where you find the compass), you'll find a room with a chest that has the Power Ring L-1 in it.

For you completionists, the compass in Seasons Level 6 is in the upper-left corner in the room with the moving platforms and the Beamos.

shenjoku 11-8-2013 11:59 PM

Thanks for the tips :) Gonna be three-hearting seasons over the weekend. Should be fun!

DragonIIDX 11-9-2013 12:59 AM

I guess if you pre-order A Link Between Worlds, you get a free DLC code for Seasons. I might have to do that to check this game out. I haven't really played much of the 2D Zelda games. I own A Link to the Past and Four Swords, but still didn't beat them yet... ugh. So much 2D Zelda I need to catch up on.

shenjoku 11-9-2013 01:18 AM

Link to the past is still my absolute favorite out of all of the Zelda games <3 Sucks you can't three heart run it though since you're forced to get the containers after each boss :(

EDIT: Just finished the first dungeon in Seasons. SO many throwbacks to the original Zelda game haha.

igotrhythm 11-14-2013 01:22 AM

The throwbacks were probably my favorite part. You'll see more as the game progresses, but that's not to say Ages doesn't have its inspirations. (The Skull Dungeon boss is Patra from the original Death Mountain, for example. I prefer calling him Eyesoar.)

Oh, forgot another one: The map in Level 3 is through a bombed-out wall section on the second floor. You'll know where to put the bomb from the tiles surrounding the place...it's in the room with the Moldorms, north of the rabbits. (They're immune to your sword, but it is useful for keeping them in a corner and then having a bomb blast finish them.)

shenjoku 11-14-2013 01:31 AM

I'm probably not getting back to Seasons until later actually. I finished level 5 and got really bored so I picked up Zelda II instead haha. I've never beaten it before and now I remember why...Difficulty is INSANE.