Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Ask Me Anything (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=78)
-   -   Tass AMA (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128442)

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 06:57 PM

Tass AMA

Anything you guys ever wanted to know about FFR before it went offline for a year? Chances are I can tell you.

j-rodd123 01-11-2013 06:59 PM

Re: Tass AMA

whoa, what have you been up to? what was ur fav and least fav things about ffr before it went down?

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 06:59 PM

Do you remember anything about Blader Jayne (the person who drew the ingame characters in FFR's character select screen)? JasonKey couldn't remember anything about that person and there isn't an account here by that name.

rparty89 01-11-2013 07:00 PM

so

did shi- happen before 2009

qqwref 01-11-2013 07:01 PM

How are you enjoying all the flash-game businessy stuff you've been up to?

Why did you end up leaving ThirdStyle?

Would you like to see the Widget idea, or the Kongregate version of FFR, brought back up?

andy-o24 01-11-2013 07:09 PM

Pretty simple question: Do have plans of sticking around FFR?

-o24

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3834432)
whoa, what have you been up to? what was ur fav and least fav things about ffr before it went down?

Since I left FFR, I worked full time making videos on YouTube. I made over 500 walkthroughs of flash games with over 200 million total views (between YT and other sites). For the past 6+ months, I've worked for ArmorGames as their resident game expert.... I design, test, and license games as well as other game-related stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834435)
Do you remember anything about Blader Jayne (the person who drew the ingame characters in FFR's character select screen)? JasonKey couldn't remember anything about that person and there isn't an account here by that name.

No idea... that was before even my time. Like, early 2003 right? I didn't start being active until early 2004.

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3834441)
How are you enjoying all the flash-game businessy stuff you've been up to?

Why did you end up leaving ThirdStyle?

Would you like to see the Widget idea, or the Kongregate version of FFR, brought back up?

I love the indie game scene. I loved it when I worked on FFR and I loved it when I did work for the entire industry. And I love working for Armor. It's great to be so connected into a niche market.

I left ThirdStyle because nothing was getting done. Jason and Ricky are two of my buds, but after Troy left... Isak just wasn't really doing anything. Tiza came in and was helping, but it wasn't that much. So I left because I felt like nothing was going to come of it... or if something was to come of it, it was going to take forever.

I'd love to see band-specific games made again. Those things had the potential to be gold mines. I'm working on a social music game in my spare time... if that pans out, doing something like FFR Widgets would be my next project. So stay tuned!

Quote:

Originally Posted by andy-o24 (Post 3834474)
Pretty simple question: Do have plans of sticking around FFR?

-o24

Not even a little. I'm just bored right now... and it's fun to reminisce every once in a while. Plus, I have knowledge that you guys might find fascinating.

rparty89 01-11-2013 07:16 PM

will ya be staying on the site?

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 07:23 PM

Do you know when FFR was at its peak in activity? I remember Synthlight talking about how Konami offered several million to have parts of this site from how much activity it had.

Reincarnate 01-11-2013 07:28 PM

Tell me something juicy about the FFR debacle that I don't already know

Choofers 01-11-2013 07:30 PM

woah woah what ffr debacle

cen i get on dis

Razor 01-11-2013 07:33 PM

remember that time you hated me? good times.

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834582)
Do you know when FFR was at its peak in activity? I remember Synthlight talking about how Konami offered several million to have parts of this site from how much activity it had.

Chances are it was my talking about Konami wanting to buy FFR, not Synth... but whatever. FFR was at its peak in early 2008; that's when we were doing the widgets big time and when Vagrant paid to have us create the MegaWidget (I forget what we were calling it) out of the AdminCave in LA.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3834588)
Tell me something juicy about the FFR debacle that I don't already know

I doubt there is something I haven't told you. All that private time we spent together in Boston ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Razor (Post 3834598)
remember that time you hated me? good times.

Who are you?

Nullifidian 01-11-2013 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tasselfoot (Post 3834615)
All that private time we spent together in Boston ;)

oooooooooOOOOOOOoooooooooo

j-rodd123 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

will you sign up for twg thats going now? there's like one spot left and it's the revival. you gotta do it!!!

NeoMasterPie 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 3834623)
^^

what is that an actual thing that happened or are you just shitting me you sly dog plopadop

Charu 01-11-2013 08:18 PM

When you were active around the FFR community and game, what were your highest achievements and what were your disappointing moments?

Even if the disappointing moment was the unfortunate demise of the website for a good while?

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j-rodd123 (Post 3834637)
will you sign up for twg thats going now? there's like one spot left and it's the revival. you gotta do it!!!

Tempting, but I'll pass. TWG was my bitch for about 2 years... I'll stay retired as Babe Ruth, instead of possibly coming back and being Michael Jordan or Brett Farve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 3834639)
When you were active around the FFR community and game, what were your highest achievements and what were your disappointing moments?

Even if the disappointing moment was the unfortunate demise of the website for a good while?

I'm not sure about a singular highest achievement... maybe just being able to get paid to be part of FFR for a few years. Or having the rest of the staff out in LA with me. I never did AAA an FMO :(. The disappointments are pretty easy... everything from the middle of 2008 onward. Most of that is highlighted in my "The FFR Lo-Down" blog post though, if you aren't familiar with what happened.

DossarLX ODI 01-11-2013 08:44 PM

Do you remember the reasons why the widgets were removed? Was DrugStoreCowboy the only one with record label contacts?

yo man im awesome 01-11-2013 08:56 PM

How often do you actually stop by FFR? I realize you're definitively done with FFR now, but you do occasionally stop by. Do you make an effort to hop in and say hello, or do you just get random urges to stop by?

Tasselfoot 01-11-2013 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834660)
Do you remember the reasons why the widgets were removed? Was DrugStoreCowboy the only one with record label contacts?

Removed from where? FFR or MySpace? Ricky was a huge help with getting bands signed up for widgets... but the biggest artists were all stuff that either Synth or I got, or they contacted us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by yo man im awesome (Post 3834678)
How often do you actually stop by FFR? I realize you're definitively done with FFR now, but you do occasionally stop by. Do you make an effort to hop in and say hello, or do you just get random urges to stop by?

Maybe once or twice a year? Or if someone I still talk to tells me that I'm being talked about and that I should swing by. So it's either random urges once in a blue moon or it's someone saying I need to read something.

Reincarnate 01-11-2013 09:48 PM

Favorite memory of FFR (outside of stuff like the admincave etc)?

dragonmegaXX 01-12-2013 12:08 AM

Do you actually care about the future of this site or do you not give a flying fuck if it shuts down?

Do you recognize me at all?

Also how big is your e-penis

Lambdadelta 01-12-2013 12:21 AM

Holy shit... The man returns...
So many fucking questions to ask...

Explain your FFR life. from when you first joined up to the point you left. I'm all ears for a good story.

do you have a blog I can follow?

is your youtube still Tasselfoot?

UserNameGoesHere 01-12-2013 06:17 AM

How would one get on with Armor Games? Would it be enough to make a popular enough game on Newgrounds or Kongregate and then you'd be able to get on or what?

Why don't you visit FFR more often? Still have any hard feelings towards anyone?

How busy are you, on an average day?

What is your opinion on the various changes FFR has gone through since your departure?

If you had one wish what would it be?

On instant messengers, are you extra exclusive with who you talk to? I know I've sent you messages before to see how you were doing and what you were up to since it had been a long time -- only to find you ignored them. Not like wait a while for a response -- but like no response ever. After a few tries each spread out over a long time period and same result each time, I gave up. I understand if you're busy, but you might should indicate that in your status. If you'd prefer only a select few communicate with you, you should probably make your account private.

It came across to me as if you just didn't want to have anything to do with anyone if they were from FFR due to resentment against the FFR community or something like that since you were "done with FFR". Correct this if I am mistaken.

Tasselfoot 01-12-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3834732)
Favorite memory of FFR (outside of stuff like the admincave etc)?

Hmm. Definitely community meetups. The 2 FFRCons in Ohio, the live TWG I went to in Virginia, getting free chicken from Isak's baby-mama (forget her name) in exchange for a photo of me for the photo scavenger hunt. There are so many... I had so much fun being at the center of FFR for all those years.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3834863)
Do you actually care about the future of this site or do you not give a flying fuck if it shuts down?

Do you recognize me at all?

Also how big is your e-penis

I will always care about the future of online rhythm gaming... but because of what happened between Synth and me, and Synth's overall apathy towards the success of this site... it's hard for me to care much at all.

I have no idea who you are.

My e-penis is MUCH bigger than my actual penis.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3834880)
Holy shit... The man returns...
So many fucking questions to ask...

Explain your FFR life. from when you first joined up to the point you left. I'm all ears for a good story.

do you have a blog I can follow?

is your youtube still Tasselfoot?

My FFR life? I've posted my FFR origin story a bunch of times over the years... have fun finding it in my 25,000+ posts. And I don't really want to spend the next hour writing up 5,000 words on 6 years of history; almost all of it can be found in my post history.

My blog is on tasselfoot.com, but I haven't posted on it in almost a year. Prior to that though, I was fairly active with it... so there is a decent bit of Tass history on there if you want to read through it.

My youtube is still youtube.com/tasselfoot, but since starting with Armor, I don't upload much on my own channel anymore. A lot of my content is added to youtube.com/armorgames.

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserNameGoesHere (Post 3835247)
How would one get on with Armor Games? Would it be enough to make a popular enough game on Newgrounds or Kongregate and then you'd be able to get on or what?

Why don't you visit FFR more often? Still have any hard feelings towards anyone?

How busy are you, on an average day?

What is your opinion on the various changes FFR has gone through since your departure?

If you had one wish what would it be?

On instant messengers, are you extra exclusive with who you talk to? I know I've sent you messages before to see how you were doing and what you were up to since it had been a long time -- only to find you ignored them. Not like wait a while for a response -- but like no response ever. After a few tries each spread out over a long time period and same result each time, I gave up. I understand if you're busy, but you might should indicate that in your status. If you'd prefer only a select few communicate with you, you should probably make your account private.

It came across to me as if you just didn't want to have anything to do with anyone if they were from FFR due to resentment against the FFR community or something like that since you were "done with FFR". Correct this if I am mistaken.

To get onto Armor, you have to go through me. I scour the flash game world every day to see what games have been released, which ones are doing well, and whether any of them would be a good fit for our users. Then I reach out to the developers and try to make a deal to get their game on our site. If you're looking to get into making flash games and making money from making flash games, I'd HIGHLY recommend joining www.fgl.com. It's the brokerage website for buying/selling flash games, and the users are generally helpful.

My only hard feelings towards FFR are with Synth, and even those are mostly just regret of what could have been. It's like any job... if you quit, you generally don't keep going back there just to hang out.

Generally I work 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. More strenuous days could be up to about 5 hours. I've got a pretty good thing going :D

I really don't know the changes FFR has gone through since the site came back up in Oct 2010. I've only checked in 2-3 times since then, and besides knowing there is a "Velocity Engine"... I don't know much else.

More wishes? I have no idea... probably $7 billion dollars, taken from the coffers of Saudi oilmen?

In regards to IMs, I've had the same policy forever... if you don't tell me who you are and why you're IMing me, I'm going to ignore you. And up until about a year ago, I did clearly state this in my away message. Something to the effect of, "My status is set to away 24/7, but chances are I'm here. Leave me a message as to why you're IMing me and I'll get back to you shortly." But, in general, I am not a fan of worthless IMs... the whole baseless "Oh hi. How are you?" "Good." "Oh good." End of dialogue.

Zapmeister 01-12-2013 02:10 PM

You're playing poker with a tiger, a raccoon, a starfish, a goblin, and a chimpanzee. You're holding As 10s and the flop is Jh 10d 7s. Immediately, the tiger confidently makes a bet of 2x the minimum. The raccoon folds. The starfish takes a while to think and then raises to 4x. The goblin folds. The chimpanzee is being really hyperactive and when it finally settles down it calls, while being overprotective of his cards. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What are 5 uses for a stapler without staples?

Can you lick your elbow?

If you could pick 1 famous historical figure and randomly time-teleport them to present day for 1 day (as an observer, they can't interact with anything, to prevent paradoxes) during the middle of their life (this would confuse the hell out of them), whom would you pick?

Tasselfoot 01-12-2013 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapmeister (Post 3835518)
You're playing poker with a tiger, a raccoon, a starfish, a goblin, and a chimpanzee. You're holding As 10s and the flop is Jh 10d 7s. Immediately, the tiger confidently makes a bet of 2x the minimum. The raccoon folds. The starfish takes a while to think and then raises to 4x. The goblin folds. The chimpanzee is being really hyperactive and when it finally settles down it calls, while being overprotective of his cards. Do you fold, call, raise, or run screaming?

What are 5 uses for a stapler without staples?

Can you lick your elbow?

If you could pick 1 famous historical figure and randomly time-teleport them to present day for 1 day (as an observer, they can't interact with anything, to prevent paradoxes) during the middle of their life (this would confuse the hell out of them), whom would you pick?

What the hell am I doing in that game in the first place? That aside... I'd fold; middle pair with 3 to a straight and a flush with 2 raisers and a caller already in the pot? You know the tiger will call behind me... that guy is a maniac; not to worried about him. But the starfish is as tight as an asshole, so he's gotta be holding at least top-2 if not a set. Plus the chimp has the worst poker face ever, so he's got a quality hand too. My only shot is runner-runner or another ten, and even hitting trip 10s probably won't win. Easy fold. That's also not considering the preflop action.

I don't even own a stapler... I can't think of a single decent use for one. Except maybe as a projectile weapon towards your head. Get some paper clips.

I can not lick my elbow.

Tesla. Definitely Tesla. I think he would love and appreciate the future more than anyone else in history. That would be my reward to him... and, of course, I'd get to spend a day picking the brain of the greatest mad scientist of all time.

dragonmegaXX 01-12-2013 02:47 PM

Coke or Pepsi?

Syhto 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

why dont u eat more burritos you sicko

Syhto 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

shuffle it

j-rodd123 01-16-2013 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 3839358)
shuffle it

lmfao

adlp 01-17-2013 09:49 PM

do you still look like ET

have you phoned home recently

Micah_ 01-18-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3835540)
Coke or Pepsi?

Coke.

Choofers 01-19-2013 03:32 AM

Yeah, what's the story behind shuffle it rofl

Wayward Vagabond 01-25-2013 05:48 AM

So when can I step files in a cubicle

Snowcrafta 02-18-2013 05:43 AM

Sup bro

Snapps 02-19-2013 04:40 AM

i remember you came out of nowhere and then was an admin for the werewolf game or something and then admin

i dont understand how this happened

Tasselfoot 08-8-2013 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3835540)
Coke or Pepsi?

I rarely drink anything except water or beer... but if I had to choose one of those, I prefer Pepsi. I'll take root beer or Dr Pepper over either.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syhto (Post 3839357)
why dont u eat more burritos you sicko

I ate 2 burritos last night.

Quote:

Originally Posted by adlp (Post 3840102)
do you still look like ET

have you phoned home recently

I look like ET?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wayward Vagabond (Post 3846619)
So when can I step files in a cubicle

Probably never :( I don't know who you are, but I assume you're referring to our divine plans to hire full time stepfilers for ThirdStyle. That plan died before it ever got off the ground when Synth decided to bring FFR back 3 weeks before we launched ThirdStyle.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snapps (Post 3864571)
i remember you came out of nowhere and then was an admin for the werewolf game or something and then admin

i dont understand how this happened

I came out of nowhere, started posting obsessively on the forums, joined LD's 1st official tournament and constantly yelled at him about what he was doing wrong, he told me to run the 2nd official tournament, I did, I continued to post obsessively and also talk to LD, Chardish, and SpookG regularly, eventually got made a mod because of obsessive posting on forums and getting in good with the right people, did that for a few years, took over handling simfiles from LD, kept doing that, eventually pressured Synth into paying me.

Something like that, at least.

Choofers 08-8-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Choofers (Post 3841161)
Yeah, what's the story behind shuffle it rofl

swage

Hateandhatred 09-15-2013 10:43 PM

Now that FFR has matured and completely changed compared to the past, would you like to just come here once in a while, chill with us all as we are all adults now for the most part? Could you move over the past issues completely while interacting with us?

Tim Allen 09-15-2013 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DossarLX ODI (Post 3834582)

WHAT???

PaperclipGames 09-16-2013 04:39 AM

FYI, Tass: Wayward Vagabond = whocares.

Which season is your favourite (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) and why?
Are you a lefty, righty, ambi, or neither?
Have you ever had pancakes with whipped cream and maple syrup?
Who do you think has made the biggest positive change in the world - ignoring Nikola Tesla (as you've mentioned him already in this thread and he was obviously very influential)?

popsicle_3000 09-16-2013 05:52 AM

holy crap, how did i miss this back in january...

oh right, they made the AMA threads more hidden.
awesome to read.

what question..
So you still making tass' tips? I lol'd years ago when watching those. and back when i was starry-eyed at rubix, i loved that one w/ him in it

Calcium Deposit 09-16-2013 08:17 AM

are widgets still your life

what happened to those things anyway

BLAZZE 10-12-2013 11:08 PM

How are you?

Tasselfoot 11-23-2013 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hateandhatred (Post 3976470)
Now that FFR has matured and completely changed compared to the past, would you like to just come here once in a while, chill with us all as we are all adults now for the most part? Could you move over the past issues completely while interacting with us?

Not really. I've moved on. Sorry. I don't even hang out on Kong anymore. I feel old. :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaperclipGames (Post 3976654)
FYI, Tass: Wayward Vagabond = whocares.

Which season is your favourite (Winter, Spring, Summer, Autumn) and why?
Are you a lefty, righty, ambi, or neither?
Have you ever had pancakes with whipped cream and maple syrup?
Who do you think has made the biggest positive change in the world - ignoring Nikola Tesla (as you've mentioned him already in this thread and he was obviously very influential)?

Oh. Carlos. I beat him in mini-golf last year when I was out visiting in Cali. Good times. I'm a lefty. Yes, I've had pancakes with whipped cream and syrup... I've also had Belgian waffles in Belgium.

No idea on influence. Many people have had positive changes and trying to pick 1 person over 50 others would feel like marginalizing the rest. But the type of person at the top would be those who made large contributions to technology or medicine, imo.

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3976665)
holy crap, how did i miss this back in january...

oh right, they made the AMA threads more hidden.
awesome to read.

what question..
So you still making tass' tips? I lol'd years ago when watching those. and back when i was starry-eyed at rubix, i loved that one w/ him in it

No more Tass Tips. I cry a little inside when I watch them... I'm so awkward and the editing sucks. But they served their purpose, so no complaints.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calcium Deposit (Post 3976704)
are widgets still your life

what happened to those things anyway

Not since 2008. They died when Synth wouldn't continue to push forward and take business meetings with interested companies. Other things have been my life since, such as Walkthroughs for a few years.

MixMasterLar 11-24-2013 04:23 PM

We where almost a pretty damn legit game there for awhile, huh?

F*cking Cheers for the good old days, mate.

EDIT:

Was the SiU file contest in 2007 rigged? It's kind of been nagging at me for a few years believe or not. Pretty sure Carbo's was better then mine but I won anyway. I think it had to do with the prize being a sub account + his post about getting one regardless of rather he won.

Or do you even remember what the hell I am talking about. eh, all's good if that's the case then....

All_That_Chaz 02-16-2014 01:18 PM

I feel like all of the questions I have for you from over the years I wouldn't even want answered publicly.

Snapps 03-12-2014 04:26 PM

how do you feel about jurs being a simfile judge for r2

Sprite- 04-11-2014 07:41 AM

sup bro? good times. you sure are missed <3

Tasselfoot 08-8-2014 07:00 AM

You kids are cute.

SKG_Scintill 08-8-2014 08:47 AM

so kawaii

noname219 08-8-2014 03:54 PM

Might as well ask to aperson directly, but did we used to have Metallica and My Chemical Romance widgets ? Because I saw this post and I was kind of confused because there's no trace of any of their widgets nor files on the website. Or, maybe they were posted on their myspace/website ?

anwar-inc 08-12-2014 11:50 AM

Hi, old championanwar here.

I was wondering what type of games would you play the most in your free time? I've seen lots of videos you made and you make light work of them all. Just wondering. .

Also, I'd just like to say thanks for putting up with the hundreds of questions I'd message you with and for generally helping more than I realised at the time. Probably wouldn't have done as much as I had done without your help.