Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   FFR Create-a-Token-Image Contest! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128189)

Netjet! 12-24-2012 03:26 AM

FFR Create-a-Token-Image Contest!

Create a Token Image Contest

Hey everyone! So as you know, every week we have a few songs being released into the game. Sometimes, these songs are released as tokens (mainly skill tokens). However, as they are tokens they need token images to go with them! Currently, as you may be aware, quite a few of the newer tokens do not have images for them. Well guess what: You are all invited to try your hand at making some stellar token graphics for the new songs! (Just in time, I saw a lot of 'where are the token images :'<' posts)

Judges:
Netjet!
Silvuh
jimerax
Spenner
Nick Skyline

The winners of the contest will be determined by both the judges and the community. The judge team will narrow down the entries to the best (in our opinion), and the community will be able to vote on which of the selected images would best suit the song as its' token image.

Signups

As this contest is an open invitation for all users, signup is not required. However, make sure to follow the submission process carefully so we can list you as one of the entrants of the contest.

Start and End Time

The contest will begin on December 24th, and will run for TWO WEEKS, until January 7th. As token graphics are not too complicated to create, we feel that two weeks will be an ample amount of time to complete them. You should have no problem with completing and refining your entry or entries!

PRIZES

As is obvious, the winning token image entry for each song will be the permanent token image. Also, you will be mentioned in a front page post about the contest! :D

In addition to this, the top 3 images for each song will be rewarded with the following:

1st Place - 25,000 Credits (winner's image will be used)
2nd Place - 10,000 Credits
3rd Place - 5,000 Credits

So, that's a total credit pot of 40,000 per song!

The Template!

Here's the token template you can use to create your tokens:

Silvuh asked me to post the psd file he uses when making token images:

http://www.2shared.com/photo/H52t7WAo/template3.html

Might be useful to some of you guys. Good luck!

"The thing is 4x the actual size, so resize to 25% before saving ... Merging the layers before resizing results in a sharper image than resizing without merging."

The Songs

The songs that need tokens, which are listed on the Skill Token Info and Token Info pages, are:

Ball of Malt v2
S
R176 v2
My Little Pony Medley [Heavy]
Nothing's Gonna Stop Me v2
Kirlian Shores
The earth blew up v2
World End's Yama Xanadu
White Walls, Part 2
The Games We Played (Full Edition)

All of these songs are IN GAME, so if you would like to play the song to get a better grasp about what it's all about and how the song flows, go for it!

Contest Rules

* You can have five entries per token, no more than that!
* Token graphics may not include any NSFW (not safe for work) or gross material
* You may only use the token template we provide!
* Do not attempt to plagiarize other peoples' work, only provide that which is your own

SUBMITTING YOUR IMAGES!

**VERY IMPORTANT**

* You may submit your token(s) here, or via PM to myself (if you want to keep it a secret). In the PM, make sure to title it "Token Image Contest - [user] Entry" with [user] as your username. If you are submitting via PM, you must submit all tokens in one PM so my inbox isn't flooded!
* If you submit your token(s) in this thread, you can do so in multiple posts. :)

Judging

As was said before, the judging team will carefully look at all of the submitted images, and narrow down each song's entry list and will have the community vote for each one. Each song will potentially have 3-5 images to vote on for the winner.

In the event of a TIE, the judging team will make the decision of which is the winner.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask here!

Good luck everyone!

Coolboyrulez0 12-24-2012 05:03 AM

Re: FFR Create-a-Token-Image Contest!

Very excited to see what people come up with and if I'm feelin' creative and jolly I'll do some myself.

popsicle_3000 12-24-2012 05:26 AM

nice nice

noname219 12-24-2012 07:00 AM

Do we have to include the hand in the graphic ?

Spoiled_Milk 12-24-2012 07:07 AM

Let me see..what I can do.

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 12-24-2012 07:54 AM

This seems like a great time to try and find the 50+ tokens I created years ago. The only problem is that all of mine are based off of the original tokens template which are probably not as good (clear/clean/etc) as the current template. If I find them, and find the time to upload them, I'll add them here.

Nullifidian 12-24-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

There may be only one entry per token per person
This rule is dumb if there's going to be voting. Why limit to one design? Not sure if community voting is a good idea either..
Also, sup thought I was asked as judge? lmao

Nick Skyline 12-24-2012 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3824050)
Do we have to include the hand in the graphic ?

Some of the tokens I've seen don't have that hand in there. You can, but it isn't mandatory.

EDIT: I would say yes, even though it's not mandatory.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3824088)
This rule is dumb if there's going to be voting. Why limit to one design? Not sure if community voting is a good idea either..

Being a judge for this contest, I don't know if the "one design per person" rule is a good idea, either. I'd put it to seven just to be safe, because there are some people that can come up with a lot of very good designs for a design competition; not just here, but all around the internet. Also, two weeks to come up with just one design to submit here means that you have to be a little bit too brutal with your designs. If you make, say, around 30, them the narrowing-down-to-submit process becomes a little too brutal for some. Speaking of being a judge, I don't recall you ever receiving one of these e-mails from Netjet...but I think he could hire you if you ask him very nicely.

In summation, you have a good point here.

Jake Ferguson 12-24-2012 10:44 AM

I'll be editing this post with my entries as they are "finished" :)

yo man im awesome 12-24-2012 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Skyline (Post 3824096)
Some of the tokens I've seen don't have that hand in there. You can, but it isn't mandatory.

The only Skill Token that doesn't have the hand is Otaku Speedvibe [Oni].

Coolboyrulez0 12-24-2012 10:47 AM

Thought I was asked be a judge too... rip

no big deal though you seem to have more than enough capable ones for the job

Nullifidian 12-24-2012 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Skyline (Post 3824096)
Being a judge for this contest, I don't know if the "one design per person" rule is a good idea, either. I'd put it to seven just to be safe, because there are some people that can come up with a lot of very good designs for a design competition; not just here, but all around the internet. Also, two weeks to come up with just one design to submit here means that you have to be a little bit too brutal with your designs. If you make, say, around 30, them the narrowing-down-to-submit process becomes a little too brutal for some. Speaking of being a judge, I don't recall you ever receiving one of these e-mails from Netjet...but I think he could hire you if you ask him very nicely.

In summation, you have a good point here.

The point of this is to have a choice of designs, and limiting the amount of designs someone can submit to one will limit the amount of creative designs that might pop up as well. A limit is fine but one is harsh.

I received a message along with spenner btw

Xiz 12-24-2012 11:33 AM

only one?!?! Aw.... :(

25thhour 12-24-2012 12:56 PM

Jake that token for white walls is epic. :P

Netjet! 12-24-2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3824133)
The point of this is to have a choice of designs, and limiting the amount of designs someone can submit to one will limit the amount of creative designs that might pop up as well. A limit is fine but one is harsh.

That makes sense. The limit was just put there so there wouldn't be a gigantic overflow of submissions, but since they're very simple I think you guys are right.

I changed the limit to 5 per person, I think that should be good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3824133)

I did ask you, yeah, but you said you were a little busy at the moment and afterwards enough people signed on. If you want to help judge still, you can if you'd like though :D

Also, as for the hand it's preferred that you use it because it's how every other token has been done (except for Oni).

Sweet Angel 12-24-2012 02:35 PM

First token entry :3

_Fluttershy_ 12-24-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Angel (Post 3824190)

I love that!! XD

Pikaboi 12-24-2012 04:14 PM

have some stuff o.o

Spenner 12-24-2012 04:35 PM

Yeah that's better, like Spitfire said, a variety of solutions for a design is always something to encourage.

Best of luck to everyone, and remember to pay attention to detail and keep in mind the size of the final image (i.e. tiny details will not scale down as well).

Netjet! 12-24-2012 05:19 PM

Silvuh asked me to post the psd file he uses when making token images:

http://www.2shared.com/photo/H52t7WAo/template3.html

Might be useful to some of you guys. Good luck!

"The thing is 4x the actual size, so resize to 25% before saving ... Merging the layers before resizing results in a sharper image than resizing without merging."

Coolboyrulez0 12-25-2012 10:02 AM

not gonna do all of these because i would encourage others to get creative but here is one for The earth blew up v2 (plus mine suck l o l )

and one for s

jonathon577 12-25-2012 04:39 PM

not sure what you can do with this :). is it possible for you to turn that into a token shape?

jonathon577 12-25-2012 08:28 PM

hey how do you make these?

SC_coolguy44 12-26-2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson (Post 3824117)
I'll be editing this post with my entries as they are "finished" :)

Yes. This is awesome.

Ohaider 12-26-2012 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Angel (Post 3824190)

hate ponies but looks cool

jonathon577 12-26-2012 02:37 PM

this is the best i can do at the moment, kinda new to photo shop

Arkuski 12-27-2012 03:46 PM

Ball of Malt v2

demonllama6124 12-28-2012 05:38 PM

had a couple of ideas, but i have no clue where to start with making one

Xx{Midnight}xX 12-28-2012 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by demonllama6124 (Post 3825755)
had a couple of ideas, but i have no clue where to start with making one

I'd start with getting a background for the image then move to trying to place the ffr guy, hand or such on top of it.

popsicle_3000 12-28-2012 06:09 PM

yeah, lots of people aren't using the hand or ffr guy...
we're gonna be keeping the status quo, right?

demonllama6124 12-28-2012 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3825758)
I'd start with getting a background for the image then move to trying to place the ffr guy, hand or such on top of it.

so something like this? used paint, like i said, have no clue where to begin. and i know its not exactly what its supposed to be

Xenorosth 12-29-2012 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pikaboi (Post 3824230)
have some stuff o.o

Fucking yes. This is the Kirlian Shore's token!

SK8R43 12-29-2012 03:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
^_^ TGWP lol

justinianian 12-29-2012 08:12 PM

I'm not sure if this counts as plagiarizing but for the song "The Games We Played (Full Edition)" I would think it appropriate if it was if you wanted to have the hand in it i'd recommend having all five fingers out, for "the games we played part" 1-5

(Btw If anyone wants to take the image and add the fingers feel free to submit it. I currently don't have the knowhow to do it justice, and as a result I won't be submitting it or screaming "THAT WAS MY IDEA YOU SNEAK")

Jake Ferguson 12-29-2012 08:15 PM

Nevermind about editing my last post, whatever.
My Little Pony Medley [Heavy]:

Edit: Nothing's Gonna Stop Me v2:

R176 v2:

popsicle_3000 12-30-2012 07:03 AM

Nice mlp

Mollocephalus 12-31-2012 06:21 PM

Tokens look so pixelated D: D:

ima try one

alloyus 12-31-2012 07:17 PM

More of a token request because i don't make tokens, but I think it'd be really cool if someone made a TGWP token with the NES controller tilted diagonally, don't know if it should have depth or not I dunno what'd look better but I think having that in the foreground would be so amazing and appropriate for that token.

Nick Skyline 01-1-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mollocephalus (Post 3827070)
Tokens look so pixelated D: D:

That seems to be the main problem with a lot of the tokens I've seen so far.

LaZboy77 01-3-2013 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinianian (Post 3826181)
I'm not sure if this counts as plagiarizing but for the song "The Games We Played (Full Edition)" I would think it appropriate if it was if you wanted to have the hand in it i'd recommend having all five fingers out, for "the games we played part" 1-5

(Btw If anyone wants to take the image and add the fingers feel free to submit it. I currently don't have the knowhow to do it justice, and as a result I won't be submitting it or screaming "THAT WAS MY IDEA YOU SNEAK")

There should be a white glove in that token so it's like Master Hand.

Netjet! 01-3-2013 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaZboy77 (Post 3828474)

That would be sick. I'd say it'd look awesome as it resembles the FFR hand.

Good entries so far, guys! Some of them are a bit pixelated, so make sure you don't save in a compressed image format like JPEG as it messes up your final product! Remember I posted the image Silvuh uses for many of the tokens he has made, so follow his instructions and you should have a sharp image to enter.

There are a lot of tokens, so it would be be awesome to see multiple entries for every one. :)

TC_Halogen 01-4-2013 12:29 AM

I'm not sure if this was addressed at any point, but there are two regular tokens on this list. None of the regular tokens have the hand inside of them, so anything with a hand inside of TGWP/Yama Xanadu probably should be removed (for the sake of consistency).

KrazyKitsune 01-4-2013 06:00 PM

Quote:

I'd say I did something similar, heh.

Also, I'm not exactly sure if you got my submission Netjet... I'm very forgetful, haha.

noname219 01-4-2013 08:12 PM

Quote:

I thought about drawing a powerglove, but it's a normal token, so that doesn't work. ^^

Also KrazyKitsune, if you made a hand, it will probably get rejected since the hand is only for Skill Tokens.

KrazyKitsune 01-4-2013 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noname219 (Post 3828995)
Also KrazyKitsune, if you made a hand, it will probably get rejected since the hand is only for Skill Tokens.

Hm, I wasn't aware at the time, so oh well. It's a bad token graphic anyway, so I doubt it would've passed either way, lmao.

Netjet! 01-4-2013 09:22 PM

Krazy, I did receive your entries as well as one other via PM.

As for the normal tokens, the trend up until now has been not to use the FFR hand (as skill tokens use them). Therefore, if you do use it for one of the two normal tokens the judges will take this into account - this isn't to say that you'll be outright rejected, because if your image ends up being the "best" entry for that song, you won't necessarily be rejected (at this point, but it might change).

The master hand wouldn't be the same as using the FFR hand, by the way.

TC_Halogen 01-4-2013 09:34 PM

KK sent me the image of his skill token -- it uses a hand, but it's not the FFR ST hand, it's completely different. With that being said, I hope the judges don't take off for it, because it's not even close to the same.

KrazyKitsune 01-4-2013 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3829023)
KK sent me the image of his skill token -- it uses a hand, but it's not the FFR ST hand, it's completely different.

Ehh, I think it's pretty similar. It's up to the judges though.

Xenorosth 01-4-2013 10:59 PM

Edit: Whoo! All of mine are done!

Zephei 01-4-2013 11:02 PM

Here's mine for White Wall part 2.

I'm working on a few more.

Netjet! 01-4-2013 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3829023)
KK sent me the image of his skill token -- it uses a hand, but it's not the FFR ST hand, it's completely different. With that being said, I hope the judges don't take off for it, because it's not even close to the same.

Definitely isn't too similar, so it won't be something that we will automatically DQ for or anything.

KrazyKitsune 01-4-2013 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephei (Post 3829062)
Here's mine for White Wall part 2.

I'm working on a few more.

Oh my god, that is awesome. ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netjet! (Post 3829063)
Definitely isn't too similar, so it won't be something that we will automatically DQ for or anything.

Hmm. Well, I can't tell if that's a good thing or not, but thanks for telling me that, hehe.

Xenorosth 01-4-2013 11:45 PM

Oh. Problem. People maaaay not have photopshop. So your original image is...well yeah. FORCED to be small, and not scaled down.

Netjet! 01-5-2013 12:37 AM

The image you can see in the OP (not linked) is full-sized and is user-friendly for non-photoshop photo editors, so you should be fine I think. The template that is linked under can be used to get a sharper image, however the one just mentioned is absolutely fine to use and will probably let you achieve the same result.

(Hopefully I read your post right)

Xenorosth 01-5-2013 05:25 AM

Due to the image uploader, all of these turned to JPEGs. To find the same exact files as a PNG please visit the link provided after all the images.

Token 1: for file S

Token 2: for file My Little Pony Melody [Heavy]

Token 3: for file World's End Yama Xanadu

Token 4: for file The earth blew up v2

Token 5: for file Nothing's Gonna Stop Me v2

Token 6: for file R176. This is a collab between myself and Zephei. If this wins, I am requesting to split the prize evenly.

Token 7: for file The Games We Played. Something that actually has the guy on it.

Token 8: for file Kirlian Shores. Whoo! I like this one!

Token 9: for My Little Pony Melody. That the pony ones can stay FAR behind.

Here is the website with the PNGs, and have less don't have the bottoms flat cut off: http://projct.webs.com/index.htm

popsicle_3000 01-5-2013 05:44 AM

white walls 2 is epic i like world's end as well!

Netjet! 01-5-2013 09:56 AM

Those are sick Xeno! :o

The contest ends on January 7th, which is MONDAY! To give everyone a little more time, it will end at 7PM EST.

Nullifidian 01-5-2013 11:07 PM

Went ahead and did a few as well just now:

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 1 (Not really that well readable, should probably make the edge of the hand lighter but what I did was use a kirlian photograph cause kirlian hehu)
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
S (pianers cause classical remix)
TGWP (I read a smash bros idea somewhere in the thread and I really liked that idea so I went ahead and tried that)
When The Earth Blew Up v2
World's End Yama Xanadu

KrazyKitsune 01-5-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _.Spitfire._ (Post 3829610)

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 1 (Not really that well readable, should probably make the edge of the hand lighter but what I did was use a kirlian photograph cause kirlian hehu)
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
TGWP (I read a smash bros idea somewhere in the thread and I really liked that idea so I went ahead and tried that)
World's End Yama Xanadu

... Well, damn. So much for my one single token I submitted, haha. Really nice tokens Spitfire. o.o

popsicle_3000 01-6-2013 03:29 AM

those MLPs are heaps better imo than w/ a pony

Xenorosth 01-6-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
World's End Yama Xanadu

Damnit Spitfire, give other's a chance! XD You probably just won ALL of them.

Charu 01-6-2013 08:51 AM

Quote:

I really like this one. This is perfect for the song in my opinion as both the song and the game represent franchises mixing to each other.

Nick Skyline 01-6-2013 10:23 AM

Quote:

Ball of Malt v2
Kirlian Shores 2
MLP Melody 1
MLP Melody 2
World's End Yama Xanadu

Criticism/judging time for me!

Ball of Malt v2 - (Neo?)Classical Country music aside, this song surprised me the first time I heard it after looking at this token. They seem to match very well; although when I listen to it, I imagine an old-fasioned drinking party in a saloon for some reason. And you would find cowboys like the one in this token in saloons every once in a while.

Kirlian Shores - The kirlian photograph in the red one doesn't seem to fit the...calm tone this song carries, so I think that a cool color would fit better for this song (that's what you're doing for the second token, though); but I'm sure the edge of the hand on that token is fine. Okay token IMO. The second one just seems to stand out a lot better, but I can't really figure out why...maybe a historical painting of the coastline of an ocean just seems to scream out "Kirlian Shores" to me.

MLP Melody - I agree with popsicle on this one; those tokens are miles better without ponies than with. The rainbow outline on the second token is kinda what steals the competition away for me for this song; regardless, both tokens match the show (or, at least, represent one of the characters) perfectly.

S - Remix of classical piano song, meet Spitfire's piano GFX. The positioning of the black keys is almost completely uniform in relation to the finger. And had it not been for that black outline on the hand, it could have been regarded as invisible, or blending in with the white keys. I personally found it to be unfortunately generic for my tastes, the overhead piano keys just don't seem to work for me. Worst token out of the bunch IMO.

The Games we Played - Aside from FFR's trademark Skill Token hand being replaced by Crazy Hand from Melee, this one just kicked my fuckin' ass. That's all I will say for this one.

The Earth Blew Up - Fires of Hell, engulf the planet and burn it to ashes (insert evil laughter)! It's hard to find an image of a nuclear explosion from space, but this image still seems to represent the token very well (I tried looking for one myself a couple times, couldn't find one). Also, am I the only one that convinced myself that looks a little bit like a dragon? Just saying. Regardless, I really like this token; the image of Earth being swallowed by fire just puts a smile on my face when I look at this.

World End's Yama Xanadu - You know every movie that starts in a post-apocalyptic future at sunrise? This seems like it could be from one of those movies. I know, it's considered to be a bit of a cliché, but it fits here. I'm not even going to question the possibility of several F5 tornadoes striking North America within the next year.

Great job on all of these tokens, Spitfire. I appreciate any responses you have.

also zephei that token for white walls pt2 is boss...That crack in the wall makes the hand stand out perfectly. Even the black outline is really good, like it contrasts the wall.

EDIT: Thanks, noname for clearing that.

noname219 01-6-2013 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Skyline (Post 3829732)
Sorry, but you made too many entries for this competition (the maximum was 5, not 10).

I thought it was 5 entries per token, not total...?

EDIT : Yep

Quote:

Contest Rules

* You can have five entries per token, no more than that!
EDIT2 :
Quote:

Haha, it had to be done, nice execution. I like the perspective of the hand, it gives a lot of dynamism to the composition. I don't understand the background, not being a huge Smash Bros player, it reminds me of the Danish flag. ^^

Zephei 01-6-2013 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KrazyKitsune (Post 3829076)
Oh my god, that is awesome. ^^

Quote:

also zephei that token for white walls pt2 is boss...That crack in the wall makes the hand stand out perfectly. Even the black outline is really good, like it contrasts the wall.

Thanks!

LaZboy77 01-6-2013 05:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes! Not mine, obviously.
I wasn't sure how to "quote" the picture.

Just one question: How do they decide whether they want it to be a skill token or a regular token?

Xenorosth 01-6-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Criticism/judging time for me!

Ball of Malt v2 - (Neo?)Classical Country music aside, this song surprised me the first time I heard it after looking at this token. They seem to match very well; although when I listen to it, I imagine an old-fasioned drinking party in a saloon for some reason. And you would find cowboys like the one in this token in saloons every once in a while.

Kirlian Shores - The kirlian photograph in the red one doesn't seem to fit the...calm tone this song carries, so I think that a cool color would fit better for this song (that's what you're doing for the second token, though); but I'm sure the edge of the hand on that token is fine. Overall, worst token out of the bunch IMO. The second one just seems to stand out a lot better, but I can't really figure out why...maybe a historical painting of the coastline of an ocean just seems to scream out "Kirlian Shores" to me.

MLP Melody - I agree with popsicle on this one; those tokens are miles better without ponies than with. The rainbow outline on the second token is kinda what steals the competition away for me for this song; regardless, both tokens match the show (or, at least, represent one of the characters) perfectly.

S - Remix of classical piano song, meet Spitfire's piano GFX. The positioning of the black keys is almost completely uniform in relation to the finger. And had it not been for that black outline on the hand, it could have been regarded as invisible, or blending in with the white keys. I personally found it to be unfortunately generic for my tastes, the overhead piano keys just don't seem to work for me.

The Games we Played - Aside from FFR's trademark Skill Token hand being replaced by Crazy Hand from Melee, this one just kicked my fuckin' ass. That's all I will say for this one.

The Earth Blew Up - Fires of Hell, engulf the planet and burn it to ashes (insert evil laughter)! It's hard to find an image of a nuclear explosion from space, but this image still seems to represent the token very well (I tried looking for one myself a couple times, couldn't find one). Also, am I the only one that convinced myself that looks a little bit like a dragon? Just saying. Regardless, I really like this token; the image of Earth being swallowed by fire just puts a smile on my face when I look at this.

World End's Yama Xanadu - You know every movie that starts in a post-apocalyptic future at sunrise? This seems like it could be from one of those movies. I know, it's considered to be a bit of a cliché, but it fits here. I'm not even going to question the possibility of several F5 tornadoes striking North America within the next year.

Great job on all of these tokens, Spitfire. I appreciate any responses you have.

EDIT: Thanks, noname for clearing that.

What? What? And I don't get any sort of critic? D:

Zephei 01-6-2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaZboy77 (Post 3829878)
Yes! Not mine, obviously.
I wasn't sure how to "quote" the picture.

Just one question: How do they decide whether they want it to be a skill token or a regular token?

All are skill tokens except for World's End Yama Xanadu and The Games We Played 1-5 which are "normal" tokens.

Zephei 01-6-2013 08:59 PM

These are my final designs. Disregard any previous posts including these.

White Walls, Part 2

Kirlian Shores

The earth blew up v2
I generated the explosion in the background using an image of dirt.

World End's Yama Xanadu

R176 v2 (with Xenorosth)
Use the design from this post, not his. We ironed out a few errors.

Ball of Malt v2

Thought I might as well make a design, couldn't come up with many good ideas.

Feedback appreciated.

And that's a wrap! Good luck to everyone.

LaZboy77 01-6-2013 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephei (Post 3829900)
All are skill tokens except for World's End Yama Xanadu and The Games We Played 1-5 which are "normal" tokens.

Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering how they decided that The Games We Played would be a regular token. I just know that regular tokens I usually have to find or do something weird to earn. Whereas for skill tokens I need to play the game to earn. The Games We Played requires an FC of parts 1-5. So, I'm wondering why they made it a regular token instead of a skill token. :???:

bmah 01-6-2013 10:47 PM

It's generally a rather arbitrary decision. However, when it comes to v2 songs and files of multiple difficulties, those ones will almost certainly be a skill token as opposed to a regular token.

noname219 01-6-2013 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaZboy77 (Post 3830076)
Yeah, I know. I'm just wondering how they decided that The Games We Played would be a regular token. I just know that regular tokens I usually have to find or do something weird to earn. Whereas for skill tokens I need to play the game to earn. The Games We Played requires an FC of parts 1-5. So, I'm wondering why they made it a regular token instead of a skill token. :???:

I felt the same way before, but there are other tokens that involve skills and are classified as normal tokens. (Dendrite v2, Tell v3, You Gotta B-E-E-R, Here We Go, etc.) Those are more "accomplishement tokens" and TGWP (Full Edition) is exactly this type of token. (accomplishment tokens = tokens that doesn't need one sitting to unlock them.) Problem is, Token Whore is in the Skill Token section and fits more in the Normal Section. It was probably put there because the requirement is directly related to the Skill Token section.

There was a thread back in 2012 that talked a little bit about moving the tokens into new categories : http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...ghlight=tokens.
I feel it could make more sense to create new categories for tokens since the list has increased a lot and we have more complex and new token requirements. I don't think it's a necessity right now because it doesn't affect how we can unlock them, but it could be a nice feature to improve the site.

popsicle_3000 01-6-2013 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephei (Post 3829990)
These are my final designs. Disregard any previous posts including these.

White Walls, Part 2

Kirlian Shores

The earth blew up v2
I generated the explosion in the background using an image of dirt.

World End's Yama Xanadu

R176 v2 (with Xenorosth)
Use the design from this post, not his. We ironed out a few errors.

Ball of Malt v2

Thought I might as well make a design, couldn't come up with many good ideas.

Feedback appreciated.

And that's a wrap! Good luck to everyone.

world's end and MLP ftw!!!

Nick Skyline 01-6-2013 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenorosth (Post 3829899)
What? What? And I don't get any sort of critic? D:

Well, you're asking for it. Are you not?

I'll soon edit this post to criticize your tokens.

popsicle_3000 01-7-2013 12:11 AM

no edit, do a new post so we can read it :)

Xenorosth 01-7-2013 12:42 AM

Indeed. And yes, I did want critique. I worked hard on these 9 tokens!

Netjet! 01-7-2013 01:14 AM

Just so everyone's aware again, the contest closes today at 7PM EST (so in just under 17 hours). Goooood luck ;D

PsYcHoZeRoSk8eR 01-7-2013 02:48 PM

So, since I don't have any time to finish these, not to mention the programs or available computer, I'll post these here. Granted these are all pretty old, and are using a lower quality template, as alluded to in my earlier post. Feel free to use/modify as needed, I'd rather not have this work go to waste. To be honest, I was just happy to find these after losing most of my files from this time period. Unfortunately, I no longer have the backup photoshop files which would make updating these much easier.

Since there is a limit to what I can submit, I figure if you're willing to use one without any hand/danceguy feel free to use one of these 5, no preference:

------------------------------------
Free to use "Blank Token" Templates
------------------------------------

Coolboyrulez0 01-7-2013 03:11 PM

WEYX dunno just messin around

Nullifidian 01-7-2013 05:33 PM

You're just 2 over the limit psycho lol

But I do feel they're just "randomly" selected graphics, without any attention to the theme or feel of a particular song. Decision's not up to me though :J