Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Do You Skip Breakfast? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149808)

Charu 09-7-2018 09:09 AM

Do You Skip Breakfast?

A thought came to my mind and there's some that prefer to skip breakfast because it makes them feel nausea before going to work/school/wakingup. It got me thinking there might be some cool peeps here that share a similar experience, or perhaps a different one entirely!

For me, I don't skip breakfast. I can't handle feeling super hungry after waking up. The times I skip are the times I'm miserable at work (because I was running late or something so skipped fixing myself something quick). It hasn't happened in a long while now and I tend to keep it that way.

Also, I suppose if you want to share what you eat for breakfast that's unusual to be a breakfast item, then ya can share that too. For instance, whenever I have the chance and pizza was brought home the previous night, I will heat that cheesy goodness right up and have that for breakfast. Same thing when it comes to leftovers.

So people of FFR, tell good ol' uncle Charu your story of breakfast woes (or gains).

gold stinger 09-7-2018 09:10 AM

Re: Do You Skip Breakfast?

Literally all the time.

I unhealthily put my work before me because that is what is expected nowadays for maintaining a minimum wage job that barely pays the bills because rent is 230% higher than what it is since 1980's.

Charu 09-7-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4647680)
Literally all the time.

I unhealthily put my work before me because that is what is expected nowadays for maintaining a minimum wage job that barely pays the bills because rent is 230% higher than what it is since 1980's.

Big ol' oof right there. Don't know what to say to make that better, but ya got my hopes!

gold stinger 09-7-2018 09:24 AM

skipping breakfast right now tbh, because I just got home from work, have to go to sleep in half an hour, wake up 4 hours prior to having to go to work, and work another 10 hours at work.

Celirra 09-7-2018 09:35 AM

I skip breakfast for bad reasons; part of it is because of the time/effort required to make breakfast in an already cramped morning (by which I mean, I sleep in too much daily), as well as breakfast typically being either expensive to buy, or costs energy to keep supplies stocked for breakfast (I'm not a big cereal guy and dont have a toaster, etc).

In an ideal world, yeah I'd eat breakfast daily, but realistically it's hard to justify even though it's good to eat breakfast

I also skip supper often for similar reasons

choof 09-7-2018 09:54 AM

I would legitimately eat breakfast way more often if I had a microwave, as that would allow me to food prep on the weekend and then just pop in some breakfast burritos during the week. I take the bus to/from work right now, so it's generally way faster to just roll right out of bed, shave for 5 minutes, and then walk out the door and grab yerbe mate and a clif bar or something at the gas station next to the bus stop

gold stinger 09-7-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by choof (Post 4647687)
and then walk out the door and grab yerbe mate and a clif bar or something at the gas station next to the bus stop

So you are the guy that I serve every morning at 4am

choof 09-7-2018 10:20 AM

is your name marie ann and are you a very small elderly asian woman
if so then yes

Skullbac 09-7-2018 10:38 AM

on weekdays i dont skip it
on weekends i wake up too late for that anyway

Charu 09-7-2018 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skullbac (Post 4647692)
on weekdays i dont skip it
on weekends i wake up too late for that anyway

Well, for this threads sake, assume waking up late and then eating right after is considered "breakfast"!!!

FirstMaple8 09-7-2018 10:48 AM

no, that's bad

FirstMaple8 09-7-2018 10:49 AM

I find it very unsettling when people don't eat

Mahou 09-7-2018 10:58 AM

I’ll have days where I’ll skip but majority of the time I’ll eat bananas and yogurt. Sometimes oatmeal.

Hakulyte 09-7-2018 10:58 AM

I think I eat more at breakfast than anywhere else in the entire day.

the sun fan 09-7-2018 11:15 AM

I skip breakfast more than I should

samurai7694 09-7-2018 12:04 PM

depends.... I don't ever feel hungry in the morning, or right when I wake up. I need at least 2-3 hours before I feel comfortable enough to have my first meal of the day so I end up just having coffee and/or water first.

aperson 09-7-2018 12:23 PM

I try not to but I also have to wait about 30 minutes after waking up before eating because I'm not hungry at first / food makes me nauseous

YoshL 09-7-2018 12:41 PM

there was a time where i used to drink a nutrient shake (soylent breakfast) and it worked out pretty well for a while, it even had a small caffeine dose in there which helped a bit

then i started throwing up whenever i drank it so i think my body was like "lol no this stuff is garbage"

skipping breakfast is pretty normal, although i'll cook breakfast for lunch a lot of the time, and have like eggs and sausages then

kjwkjw 09-7-2018 01:24 PM

Usually I don't skip breakfast, but I'm also familiar with the nauseous feeling you can get from having food right from the morning. So I often end up having something light or small in portion, like a small bowl of cereal or a single banana.

choof 09-7-2018 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4647711)
there was a time where i used to drink a nutrient shake (soylent breakfast) and it worked out pretty well for a while, it even had a small caffeine dose in there which helped a bit

I actually have some of this stuff in my pantry and was drinking it quite often when I was still taking classes earlier this year, didn't make me throw up but my poos were pretty interdasting
in hindsight it may have been the combo of this and the energy drinks tho so zzz

Wayward Vagabond 09-7-2018 01:43 PM

I'm starting to skip breakfast and just eat lunch and dinner. Intermittent fasting and yadda yadda. I was never really hungry in the morning but always ate because I thought you had to.

I also eat breakfast food for lunch because I still love breakfast food.

DarkManticoreX2 09-7-2018 02:12 PM

I rarely eat breakfast. Prefer to sleep.

I may snack on something super small in the morning pre-lunch (granola bar, small yogurt) but that’s it till lunch.

I mostly have terrible sleeping habits and play games in the am with a bunch of West coat people so I’m generally operating on west coast time despite living in the east coast

inDheart 09-7-2018 02:14 PM

i'm a three mealer. i need something on my stomach to be able to get going and it can't just be like, coffee or tea like i know some other people can do. if i skip something it's more often lunch or dinner

i once just got two boxes of soylent (the bottles, before there were flavors) that were left over from a hackathon, because no one wanted them i guess, and those were...interesting. i started looking up people's thoughts on what to add to them bc they're just so bland. i knew people evangelized them before as ways to like, have nutrition without having to think about having food that much, and i can imagine they're good for people who aren't foodies, but i like food, especially when it tastes like something. don't think any type of soylent needs to be refrigerated but i think i liked it more cold? it's been a while

after that i did buy breakfast shakes sometimes to try them out, especially when i was walking to my 9ams - they seem decent if you can get them on sale, bc they're fast and probably taste better

i don't usually make the more complicated hot foods often, but i do like them. they just don't match well with needing to get out the door, so usually that's a weekend thing if at all. for a hot breakfast i just buy the big big tankards of oats, whatever dried fruit is cheap (usually cranberries), heat up water, combine in a bowl and eat, and then take instant coffee with me. it's like not really a full breakfast but i count it bc it's something

aperson 09-7-2018 02:36 PM

soylent drives me insane bc it's not food and also the macros are crap. like if you need to drink your meal at least get a protein shake or something that's going to give you more than a wad of carbs.

reuben_tate 09-7-2018 04:11 PM

I normally skip breakfast. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I have to be up at 6 in order to make it to work on time and I don't feel like waking up earlier. Every other day of the week I'll typically wake up past 1pm, so it's already too late for breakfast at that point.

Sky Kitten 09-7-2018 04:19 PM

I try not to, but it's hard sometimes when your days are super stacked with classes... so food in the morning would be the last thing on my mind. x.x

My food schedule is out of whack, anyways.

Mahou 09-7-2018 04:46 PM

You can buy carbs separately and blend up your own shake with fruits and protein.

Mahou 09-7-2018 04:47 PM

Or just blend oatmeal with whatever

Funnygurl555 09-7-2018 05:07 PM

back in college i'd often skip lunch, let alone breakfast. i tended to eat dinner then snack and study late at night, which was unhealthy. very unhealthy.

if someone hands food to me then i'll eat it though

Kawaii025 09-7-2018 05:29 PM

I never skip breakfast...if I do I get extremely nauseated and fatigued.

rushyrulz 09-7-2018 06:21 PM

yes

mellonxcollie 09-7-2018 11:19 PM

I basically can't eat before 1-2 pm at the earliest. It takes me a while to work up an appetite otherwise I just feel kinda barfy if I eat

DotKritic 09-8-2018 11:37 AM

If I don't get breakfast, I'll get a protein shake and a protein bar.

Zeldagurlfan1 09-8-2018 01:51 PM

never. food hurts my stomach :/ i usually go all day without eating, too busy to think about food. hit the gym and ill do my groceries for the evenings meal. i eat a super healthy dinner at night(beans and veggies) or all my fruits xD - always pineapple.
i stay hydrated af tho

DaBackpack 09-8-2018 02:15 PM

I eat breakfast for lunch and dinner

DotKritic 09-8-2018 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4647855)

And ice cream for breakfast?

Matthia 09-8-2018 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4647855)

I'm on your side

gold stinger 09-9-2018 09:08 AM

Guess who's having breakfast right now

that's right not this guy

tosh 09-9-2018 11:04 AM

I usually skip breakfast. If I have breakfast, it’ll be something small like coffee or an apple. Eating anything more than that shortly after waking up gives me an upset stomach.

Similar to what a couple people already said, I need a couple hours (at least) after waking up in order to stomach a full meal.

mrpreggers 09-9-2018 01:17 PM

sometimes i eat once a day sometimes i eat 6 times a day i just eat when i'm hungry which is almost never until several hours after i wake up fuck breakfast!!!!!

gold stinger 09-9-2018 04:22 PM

In This Thread: Tell Charu That You Don't Eat Breakfast So Charu Can Get Grossly Offended About Our Lack Of Healthy Lifestyle Choices But Is Required By Social Law To Keep Quiet About It Because The General Consensus Is That It's Okay To Skip Breakfast.

:^)

Wayward Vagabond 09-9-2018 05:29 PM

I've lost 12 pounds since I started skipping every meal!

DossarLX ODI 09-9-2018 06:26 PM

Breakfast is so important to me that I sometimes look forward to it the next day! I usually don't skip breakfast (although on the weekends I sometimes have a brunch), but I do normally skip dinner. The only times I have dinner is when I'm out with friends or there is a long night where I won't get much sleep.

What usually works better for me is having another cup of water or tea, and if I really want I can have a handful of almonds or some other light snack in the evening. My lunch is usually big and provides a lot of energy for the rest of the day, so dinner would just be adding extra weight gain for no good reason. This still holds if it's a day that I have an ITG session (a whey protein scoop with milk is plenty).

Skipping dinner is how I managed to get from 165 to below 150 without exercising. I was at 140 earlier this year, but am at 148 right now. Getting back into the routine (both skipping dinner and now with a pad having ITG sessions every two days) will get me back to that point as it's my ideal weight :)

TheThong 09-9-2018 07:29 PM

I always skip breakfast! Sleep vs waking up and eating half asleep? Sleep wins. For early shifts I have to get up 5.30am, so would rather skip it

Elmerz 09-9-2018 08:10 PM

I'm never hungry in the morning, however when I have breakfast foods easily available in my house I do eat them when I wake up. I very quite often just don't buy breakfast food though and go months without eating breakfast.