Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

dragonmegaXX 11-5-2012 01:26 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3798007)
Not really. A song could have 400-1200 arrows and I wouldn't know which has more Grand total score.

there are song like lolo that are under 632 notes and only give you around 860K per AAA run.

You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

GT obtained is 100% directly proportional to Total Arrows.

"there are song like lolo that are under 632 notes and only give you around 860K per AAA run." - This has nothing to do with anything. That's like me saying "RATO has 16xx notes so would only give you xx per run"

Wayward Vagabond 11-5-2012 01:29 AM

lol

foxfire667 11-5-2012 01:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3798007)
Not really. A song could have 400-1200 arrows and I wouldn't know which has more Grand total score.

there are song like lolo that are under 632 notes and only give you around 860K per AAA run.

Basically, if there are more arrows, then there is more score to be obtained. It doesn't matter how you look at it, a higher number of arrows automatically yields it a higher maximum possible grand total.

If you are referring to sorting charts by note DENSITY (i.e: getting more GTS faster due to more nps) that would make a little more sense. Although I doubt this would be necessary, because if you are trying to GTS whore, you'd already know Lolo, vROFL, and VS Boss Battle are your fastest GTS boosting options in regards to stamina over time.

dragonmegaXX 11-5-2012 01:35 AM

I dont know why that post irritated me so much, but it did.

Lambdadelta 11-5-2012 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3798013)
You honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

GT obtained is 100% directly proportional to Total Arrows.

"there are song like lolo that are under 632 notes and only give you around 860K per AAA run." - This has nothing to do with anything. That's like me saying "RATO has 16xx notes so would only give you xx per run"

:oops:

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3798018)
Basically, if there are more arrows, then there is more score to be obtained. It doesn't matter how you look at it, a higher number of arrows automatically yields it a higher maximum possible grand total.

If you are referring to sorting charts by note DENSITY (i.e: getting more GTS faster due to more nps) that would make a little more sense. Although I doubt this would be necessary, because if you are trying to GTS whore, you'd already know Lolo, vROFL, and VS Boss Battle are your fastest GTS boosting options in regards to stamina over time.

I'm never good with explaining stuff but yeah. This is pretty much what I ment.

noname219 11-5-2012 01:56 AM

qqwref made a thread a while back with some nice stats :
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...d.php?t=121963

Quote:

Highest NPS:
1) Vertex BETA vrofl: 25.654
2) Reluctantly Accepting Temporary Overexhaustion: 17.486
3) FREEDOM DiVE: 16.316
4) The Adventures Of Lolo: 15.457
5) Rave7: 14.995
6) Death Piano: 14.697
7) Here We Go: 14.103
8) Scrap Syndrome: 13.931
9) Slashmaid (instrumental): 13.892
10) Metro: 13.670
11) Music (For Kirby): 13.654
12) Kidney Stone: 13.616
13) Reality: 13.584
14) Winter Wind Etude: 13.462
15) Passage D [Heavy]: 13.401
16) Mourning the Lost: 13.297
17) Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star: 13.198
18) Eclipse (Solar): 13.152
19) Gunkienen Tarusuigin: 13.073
20) mutant corecore: 13.052
21) Flight of the Bumblebee: 13.047
22) Counter Clockwise Chant Pattern: 13.043
23) 11ELEVEN: 12.953
24) Frictional Nevada: 12.868
25) Across Rooftops: 12.817
obv not updated anymore, but that's a starting point :/

Jake Ferguson 11-5-2012 02:09 AM

You can sort by NPS in the velocity engine.

EzExZeRo7497 11-5-2012 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake Ferguson (Post 3798038)
You can sort by NPS in the velocity engine.

They only sort it by the peak NPS iirc, not the overall NPS.

MarioNintendo 11-14-2012 06:16 PM

I suggest to add the "favorite this song" button on the score screen. When I play random song, I have to go through the FFR song list to find the song's category, and the process of favoriting a particular song could be less tedious if we had the possibility to do it right away

Sorry if this is already implemented in the newer engine.

EDIT: I noticed that when you exit the score screen it goes straight to the category of the song you played, but still. The feature I'm suggesting would be a sensible touch and a more intuitive approach.

popsicle_3000 11-14-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarioNintendo (Post 3802915)
I suggest to add the "favorite this song" button on the score screen. When I play random song, I have to go through the FFR song list to find the song's category, and the process of favoriting a particular song could be less tedious if we had the possibility to do it right away

Sorry if this is already implemented in the newer engine.

EDIT: I noticed that when you exit the score screen it goes straight to the category of the song you played, but still. The feature I'm suggesting would be a sensible touch and a more intuitive approach.

I forgot about this!! it's in legacy, idk about velo, but would be awesome for r^3

justin_ator 11-14-2012 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by popsicle_3000 (Post 3802926)
I forgot about this!! it's in legacy, idk about velo, but would be awesome for r^3

Favorites Genre is in Legacy, but not the button on the results screen. You can add songs from genres into the favorites genre, but that's it right now.

noname219 11-14-2012 07:32 PM

Honestly, I don't use the favorite option for one major reason : when I clear my cache, it resets. It would be cool if it was linked to your account in one way so you couldn't lose your favorites.

SK8R4LY 11-16-2012 11:37 AM

I'm not sure if this is possible, but i think it would be cool to have an alphabetical list of all the users. maybe put it next to all the other profile links: newest guys, newest girls, nada, w/e

Netjet! 11-16-2012 02:30 PM

vBulletin has a built in member-list, but it was disabled a long time ago I guess. Could be cool to have a list next to the profile links, but I don't see much use to it

foxfire667 11-19-2012 12:50 AM

Okay, I have two suggestions regarding certain pages on the site. I'll put them in spoiler tags because I don't want my post to appear too large:

As you can see here, the majority of everything on this list is completely useless as of today.

Advertising Inquiry - this is completely irrelevant and useless as of now
My Band Wants In - band widgets aren't made anymore, and there is a thread for permissions
Subscriptions - don't even exist anymore
Merchandise - doesn't even exist anymore
Site Feedback - what this whole forum that I'm posting this in is for

As far as everything else goes, it could most likely be asked in a thread and answered there. I personally believe more relevant selections need to be added, or that the contact us page is removed entirely if it really isn't used. It is EXTREMELY dated and needs to be revised.

As a blatantly obvious suggestion, please remove one of these circled sections. They are the same thing, and really one of them is all that is needed. I would recommend removing the top one, especially if you consider what I am about to suggest next.

For my more intense suggestion, I feel that this page is extremely dated and doesn't reflect the full picture of user contribution on FFR. Currently there are five categories of contributors, and one of them is a moderator of something that doesn't even exist anymore! I feel that several more categories should be added, pretty much spanning any custom user group other than FFR players, or FFR veterans. I'll list a few just to get my point across:

FFR Admins
FFR Super Moderators (divide this up into forum / profile / etc moderators, unless you want this to be a special global moderator category).
Video Chat Moderators (it has one person, and they can't even moderate video chat considering it doesn't exist)
Multiplayer Moderators
FFR Music Producers

ADD things like:
FFR Simfile Authors
Developers (not the dev admins, but the people like qqwerf)
FFR Difficulty Consultants
FFR Simfile Judges
Forum Moderators
Profile Moderators
Chat Moderators
Radio Admins
Game Managers
Event Staff (Manager(s), helpers, etc)
...and whatever else I missed while I was looking around for other usergroups / titles.

People could be a part of multiple groups if they qualified, and it would be a much greater representation of the overall community help FFR gets. At the moment it doesn't show nearly the full scale of how many people actually have a part in the growth of FFR, and I really think that it should.

Also FFR Vets show up as FFR Elite Supporters on the credits pages, which is obviously incorrect. So change that as well if you do decide to take my suggestion please.

Hopefully something is done about this, especially with the FFR credits page, because I really feel that is particularly important.

qqwref 11-19-2012 01:43 AM

FFR simfile authors? On the site credits page?!?

Okay, actually, I really like that idea.

Lambdadelta 11-19-2012 11:03 AM

This is very outdated.

Should be updated soon.

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/faq.php

justin_ator 11-19-2012 01:29 PM

@Lambda, I do believe I brought that up a bit back, who knows if it'll get updated. There are a number of places that need serious updating, such as that and what foxfire said, along with some other places as well. Honestly some of the forum stickies are outdated as well, but hey, what's a little misinformation that nobody reads going to hurt anyway?

foxfire667 11-19-2012 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3805218)
This is very outdated.

I just read over the faq, and I would say that there are a few things that are outdated, but for the most part nothing too serious. Then again it would probably take someone all of five seconds to make the following changes to the faq page:

"The pattern of arrows scrolls from the bottom of the play field and players must hit the corresponding arrow when it meets the stationary arrows located at the top of the play field."
Even though it is the default scrolling position, you are allowed to change the scrolling, so this is a little misleading.

Also all of the FFR screenshots should either show the latest Legacy version, or Velocity engine.

""Four-finger": one finger on each key"
Spread, since this is a two handed style, and four fingered is technically a separate one handed (or three fingered one one hand 1 finger other hand) style, it is a bit confusing. Spread is the correct term for this.

"What Do the Difficulties Represent?"
Whole category needs to be replaced with the 1-20 names, and elaborate on the new 1-99 difficulty system.

"What Game Play Options are In FFR?"
Needs the settings "Offset" and "Dark" to be added and explained.

justin_ator 11-19-2012 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foxfire667 (Post 3805267)
I just read over the faq, and I would say that there are a few things that are outdated, but for the most part nothing too serious. Then again it would probably take someone all of five seconds to make the following changes to the faq page:

"The pattern of arrows scrolls from the bottom of the play field and players must hit the corresponding arrow when it meets the stationary arrows located at the top of the play field."
Even though it is the default scrolling position, you are allowed to change the scrolling, so this is a little misleading.

Also all of the FFR screenshots should either show the latest Legacy version, or Velocity engine.

""Four-finger": one finger on each key"
Spread, since this is a two handed style, and four fingered is technically a separate one handed (or three fingered one one hand 1 finger other hand) style, it is a bit confusing. Spread is the correct term for this.

"What Do the Difficulties Represent?"
Whole category needs to be replaced with the 1-20 names, and elaborate on the new 1-99 difficulty system.

"What Game Play Options are In FFR?"
Needs the settings "Offset" and "Dark" to be added and explained.

Valid points. I'm going to be going through these pages catching outdated things and correcting errors that are no longer relevant, so thanks for the input and help.