Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=151050)

Not devonin 07-7-2019 01:48 PM

Re: TWG 187: Senpai [Game Thread]

Why would you kill somebody you didn't think was a wolf, over try to roleblock somebody you thought was a wolf? You -had- wolf reads.

Antori 07-7-2019 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Svaz (Post 4683885)
Why not go for someone that not only suspected you from their first read list, and was on a wagon some people disliked? I know you outwardly town read me in your read post, so why make either of those plays unless you don’t win with the town?

i can win with anybody and it's up to you if you want me on your team or not <3

Daikyi 07-7-2019 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4683874)
i opted to kill someone who contributed to the game that wouldn't give much info on death is a better way of putting it

so you wanted to give town less info cool i'm done, lynching antori today locking that in and moving on

unsure if there's too much to say outside this. fg - unsure why you've dropped sunfan is town completely, like if you had opinions outside of the lone wolf thing, then sure.

like there was a d0 thing of sunfan being like roundbox gets a pass d0 don't @ me, so noone @'d him and that was swept under the covers

gold stinger 07-7-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Not devonin (Post 4683734)
Now that this has been cleared up and Soundwave confirmed getting a thing that Haku confirmed sending, do you three shift to "Soundwave's town"

The communication alone this phase regarding Haku's mechanic leads me to believe this is town/town interaction.

roundbox 07-7-2019 02:42 PM

Never leave sk or third party stay alive
Wolves can gambit and screw everything up
See: Trailer Park Boys

XelNya 07-7-2019 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4683874)
i opted to kill someone who contributed to the game that wouldn't give much info on death is a better way of putting it

Quote:

Originally Posted by Antori (Post 4683878)
clearly i failed horribly at this :grin:

You literally made a choice in the worst manner possible, like, if you had said "I killed a prominent player because of the risk she was deep wolfing, here's why I consider it a possibility"

I wouldn't be tempted to go in on you over it

right now, I'm considering it

a good old fashioned tunnel not seen since red blaster

Not devonin 07-7-2019 02:47 PM

I think the question for everybody is this:

Assume we believe Antori that his other option is Roleblock.
Assume he promises, and we believe him, to roleblock and not kill tonight.
Assume that convinces us to not lynch him today.

Who do you want to lynch instead?

I have some light suspicions at best about a couple people, which could easily be changed when they finally show up and post. There's one glaringly inactive person.

storn42 07-7-2019 02:49 PM

i'd lynch antori instead. you wont convince me not to lynch him.

gold stinger 07-7-2019 02:55 PM

Finished Reading, so.

I think all of FG's reads are particularly shit. I don't believe anyone really knew going into the wagon that dragonmega was actually a wolf. Dragonmega was the only one that probably knew who another wolf was according to the role flip, and they were not there at EoD to properly defend themselves, so I believe this was a 'someone started lynch train on inactive' and then a few wolves hopped on to make it happen without realizing it was one of their own.

gold stinger 07-7-2019 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4683757)
actually haku might not be town since throwing items that could kill someone is very... odd.

i wouldn't put it past haku to work for the town as 3p though he's not a threat

I would totally expect chaos town-aligned fruit vendor from Xiz no less

Daikyi 07-7-2019 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4683891)
Never leave sk or third party stay alive
Wolves can gambit and screw everything up
See: Trailer Park Boys

echoing

gold stinger 07-7-2019 03:00 PM

Funnygurl, Could you point out exactly why you are soul-reading FFA as town? Is there something specific that stands out from his usual posting habits that caught your attention? Is there word choice that leads you to believe he's not tip-toeing around his sentencing or something along those lines?

Gradiant 07-7-2019 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4683852)
traditionally wolf teams know of the existence of a lone wolf and i was assuming this game's no different @daikyi

There's no traditionally with a mystery/bastard game. Even going with that though, sunfan would have to be so so confident in his gut read based off of one noninformative post to be mechanically sure that that one player (out of the many players in this game mind you) is the lone wolf? I don't buy it.

So then we've got the case with what you're saying about his teammates if he's wolf (hypothetically):
- sunfan is a wolf and has teammates, they may or may not know about lone wolf, but it doesn't really matter in this case because of above portion.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Funnygurl555 (Post 4683781)
if sunfan were a wolf, he would've not only backed off, but he would've alerted his teammates.

- with this post, you're saying that if sunfan was a wolf on the cocoa wagon, the rest of his team is also on the wagon ('he would've backed off' and told his teammates to also back off)

There's really no easier way to say this and I have no idea how you're not getting it. My question is how are you able to imply that sunfan's teammates would also have been on the wagon? I'm only asking this because this point is one of your reasons for townreading sunfan.

gold stinger 07-7-2019 03:05 PM

Quoting this again:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4683782)
DING DING DING
That's the bell! It's time for a returning segment I like to call....

But let's change it up a bit! Everyone now gets to nominate a person of their choice, WITH a number 1-10. First person to receive two votes is the winner! Be sure to vote in Orange or it wont count!

There are 10 mysterious options to choose from.

1) ???
2) ???
3) ???
4) ???
5) ???
6) ???
7) ???
8) ???
9) ???
10) ???

Oh? What's this? There's an option in Red? I wonder what THAT means!

- Anyone who gives a name after the first person who put it in orange and in bold will not be counted.
- Votes will not be counted if its just a name or number, need to have both
- Any number outside of that number range would then make me create new options, which could result poorly for you.
- To be honest, all numbers could result poorly for you. There is a chance you could die. Or someone else.
-To prove im not just being a complete bastard with this, I have timestamped it so I personally have no power in changing these options.

which means these posts from earlier apply:

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4681352)
5 hidden mechanics, cardflips, host killing power, host voting power, and:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4681325)
- To be honest, all numbers could result poorly for you. There is a chance you could die. Or someone else.

'Tis a theory, but that's 10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4681977)
I'm pretty certain that in that minigame, at the very minimum, there were 2 options in there that would have been host voting & host killing powers, 1 option that would be a 'player playing this minigame dies' and 1 option that would be a 'random.org, that player dies'.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4681373)
Picking a number in the same game now, if the results are 1-9 instead or 1-10 with 7 already revealed, then I will assume alignments based on my previous theory on it.

Gradiant 07-7-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4683896)
Finished Reading, so.

I think all of FG's reads are particularly shit.

This pretty much. With how FG played d1, I actually need substance for reads to make me think differently than last phase. They said they actually wanted to play suddenly last night phase, but I haven't really seen it.

gold stinger 07-7-2019 03:06 PM

Also fuck off Antori

gold stinger 07-7-2019 03:08 PM

I do not think there's enough information given the role flip of the lynch and the reason to vote dragonmega to assume the alignment of sunfan from somewhat starting the bus on dragonmega. The argument can lean both ways equally.

Gradiant 07-7-2019 03:08 PM

Did antori explain his target switch? I mean I get that dbp was replaced out, but the slot was still there. Even if xiz did tell him the exact player wasn't playing anymore, it's still the same slot so something had to have happened to warrant a switch onto a different slot.

the sun fan 07-7-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4683657)
I'm guessing sunfan was onto something that I couldn't see from last phase, in that it really wasn't players developing their playing habits but different playing habit all together.

I'm not convinced I was right for the right reasoning if that helps

gold stinger 07-7-2019 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4683906)
I'm not convinced I was right for the right reasoning if that helps

I mean, that's what the mechanical data for the game is showing right now. Typically Antori contributes a lot less to the game than he has been this game, from the games that I've played.