Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FFR's Top One Handers (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=95819)

Bynary Fission 08-29-2008 04:40 PM

Re: FFR's Top One Handers

Of course. The tournament doesn't take up my entire day, you know. :) I'll probably update it tonight. The tier point list, though will probably end up staying static until October.

IMPORTANT UPDATE:

FREAKING FINALLY. It took me so many tries to get past mental blocks on this song. Boiler Room get!

Also got the SDG 4 Min token.

This is good too.

~Bynary Fission

8 Hour Whore 08-30-2008 10:14 AM

1 Attachment(s)
After fighting with football and FFR at the same time. I finally started getting back to my old self and got my first FMO FC
Total shocker but I did it =]]

Redsky139 08-30-2008 04:16 PM

Good. Thanks for the update in advance, Bynary. I've moved up 4 more spots. ;) Almost made it to 5 but won't have time until after you update.

Zageron 08-31-2008 09:43 AM

AIM Anthem - Purchased 7
(1) 200+ combo
(2) 260+ combo
(3) 350+ combo
(4) 480+ combo
(5) Full Combo
(6) Full combo & under 50 boos
(7) Full combo & under 30 boos & 60 or fewer
(8) Full combo & 20 or fewer
(9) Full combo & SDG
(10) AAA

Yes please. :]

Bynary Fission 08-31-2008 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2774778)
AIM Anthem - Purchased 7
(1) 200+ combo
(2) 260+ combo
(3) 350+ combo
(4) 480+ combo
(5) Full Combo
(6) Full combo & under 50 boos
(7) Full combo & under 30 boos & 60 or fewer
(8) Full combo & 20 or fewer
(9) Full combo & SDG
(10) AAA

Yes please. :]

You wish. :3

And...I got my first Challenging AAA! Today is a day to remember...at least until I get my first VC AAA.

~Bynary Fission

Trempush 08-31-2008 06:55 PM

I need to explore the forums more, I didn't know this was here. I'm a one-hander, too, yay! I've got a while before I can tier (avg. rank=13,811), but still; this is awesome!

sarahxjane 09-1-2008 12:31 AM

FFR Average Rank: 1,938

And I just got got my 245th Full Combo.

:D

Trempush 09-1-2008 05:13 PM

wow. That's a lot of FC's.

sarahxjane 09-1-2008 05:15 PM

Average: 1,934.7826

You have FC'd 41.81% of all public songs.
You have AAA'd 13.38% of all public songs.

And 250 Full Combos now.

I think that's pretty good in like, 15 hours.

Haha.

I can't wait for the average list to be updated.

Bynary Fission 09-1-2008 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarahxjane (Post 2777364)
Average: 1,934.7826

You have FC'd 41.81% of all public songs.
You have AAA'd 13.38% of all public songs.

And 250 Full Combos now.

I think that's pretty good in like, 15 hours.

Haha.

I can't wait for the average list to be updated.

Ask, and ye shall receive.

The tier point has, at long last, been updated. See the front posts for your new standings, since quite a bit of people have swapped ranks.

I'm about to eat dinner, so I'll send a message to people after...if you guys could do some of it for me, I'd really appreciate it. :]

~Bynary Fission

sarahxjane 09-1-2008 05:52 PM

East... dinner?

:-P

And thank you.

Ponygonpwns 09-2-2008 07:10 PM

Nice Hybrid AAA, Bynary! That's my only Challenging FC. :P Also, I'm gonna play for a bit now to make my average rank lower.
EDIT: Ugh, whoring for the All of the World ST hurts my hand so badly. Since I haven't played it in forever, I'm mashing WAY too much in places I used to be able to do with no mashing. ;_; Even though I'm FCing it, my PA gets worse every time I play the song. My hand feels like how it did when I first started playing FFR. :(

Redsky139 09-3-2008 06:24 AM

AAA v5 get

Wasn't really trying for this, but realized I'd done it after the fact so I might as well submit a screen shot.

8 Hour Whore 09-3-2008 04:51 PM

My avg is suckage right now..
I might come back to this Thread and start working on it. The only reason I don't want to is cause the addition of the Tiers. Apparently I do mine wrong and I know they are about T2 or just a little less.

Bluearrowll 09-3-2008 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2780520)
My avg is suckage right now..
I might come back to this Thread and start working on it. The only reason I don't want to is cause the addition of the Tiers. Apparently I do mine wrong and I know they are about T2 or just a little less.

What's wrong with adding the tiers? It's an identical system to the actual FFR tiers thread.

8 Hour Whore 09-3-2008 05:34 PM

Because I did it like the actual Tiers system and I got told I did it wrong..
Thats whats wrong with it lol

Bynary Fission 09-3-2008 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2780608)

I would think that'd motivate you to do better, because you know you can.

~Bynary Fission

Bluearrowll 09-3-2008 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2780608)

No. The actual tiers system only gives you 3 points if you get a 3/7 req, not 6 (It's not 1 + 2 + 3 , it's just 3.)

You were adding them up to that number which gives you a higher overall tier req.

8 Hour Whore 09-3-2008 07:35 PM

Blue you are honestly ignorant. Clearly put a 4 down for Red Alert. Thus I did get the 4 req. I did not add 1+2+3+4 I am not that Ignorant. I have some intelligence to myself. Otherwise I calculated somethings twice yea.. Which is completely different.

Bynary No it pissed me off that I was doing exactly what you explained and you told me I was doing it wrong. Thus the big reason I quit the Thread.

sarahxjane 09-4-2008 08:16 PM

A small update.

Also, I have 101 AAA's.

And my rank is 1905.
:-P

Bluediagonalll 09-7-2008 07:44 PM

Back to page 1 in R1 for you all. muahahaha

Card Man 09-12-2008 02:29 PM

Any idea when the TP list is gona get updated? I do understand how much work has been done to make all this possible but I am starting to notice that this is dieing down a bit. Maybe I should go crazy for some more one hander tokens to get this place shaken up a bit. :twisted:

Redsky139 09-12-2008 10:08 PM

The one-hander tourney burnt me out. Oh, yeah, and that wedding thing tomorrow. When I get back from the honeymoon, if I can still remember how to play, I plan to shoot for the lowermost tier (as going for improved av rank at this point seems kind of pointless). And I need to earn more tokens. Both these and the standard FFR ones. I didn't realize before this tourney how far I still had to go...

NoRoN 09-13-2008 02:00 AM

I am a 1 hander and it takes a long time to become really good like that.

Zageron 09-13-2008 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoRoN (Post 2795881)
I am a 1 hander and it takes a long time to become really good like that.

One Handers are Sex.

XPYRYMYNT 09-13-2008 03:33 AM

I respect the amount of work you put into this thread! You should offer to help update the big top tier players thread, I'm sure you could be of some help! :)

Ghost389 09-13-2008 07:51 AM

you know... i've never considered playing with 2 hands... lol how bizarre!

Card Man 09-13-2008 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost389 (Post 2795995)
you know... i've never considered playing with 2 hands... lol how bizarre!

I have considered this many times ever since I started playing this game back in Feb. I haven't done so because I know that if I did; I will always ask myself, "If I was still a one hander, where would I have been by now?" I do realize that this game has tons of songs that will ALWAYS be impossible to AAA one handed. Don't say impossible is nothing because NOBODY will ever AAA Guru songs one handed. In any case, i respect those songs and realize that I am only as good as my hand is. This means that if I lose to a spread player; it doesn't ruin my confidence because I know how good I am for the style that I play. Play the songs in the game that you enjoy and just go with it. Look at Bynary Fission; I KNOW he is a true one hander 3(fingers) and I admire his skill. He has played over 30,000 games and I have only almost 7,000. By the time I get there; I will probably have surpassed him and most people (if compared to now). These are my feelings on that. :mrgreen:

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XPYRYMYNT (Post 2795942)
I respect the amount of work you put into this thread! You should offer to help update the big top tier players thread, I'm sure you could be of some help! :)

Thanks dude. ^_^ The only issue is - the actual top tier players thread requires an script to measure how many each person has. Therefore, I can't be of any use, and I sure know as hell they'd never let me run that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2796023)
I have considered this many times ever since I started playing this game back in Feb. I haven't done so because I know that if I did; I will always ask myself, "If I was still a one hander, where would I have been by now?" I do realize that this game has tons of songs that will ALWAYS be impossible to AAA one handed. Don't say impossible is nothing because NOBODY will ever AAA Guru songs one handed. In any case, i respect those songs and realize that I am only as good as my hand is. This means that if I lose to a spread player; it doesn't ruin my confidence because I know how good I am for the style that I play. Play the songs in the game that you enjoy and just go with it. Look at Bynary Fission; I KNOW he is a true one hander 3(fingers) and I admire his skill. He has played over 30,000 games and I have only almost 7,000. By the time I get there; I will probably have surpassed him and most people (if compared to now). These are my feelings on that. :mrgreen:

The only reason I have so many gameplays is because I'm a chronic autofailer. :razz: But yeah, the more you play, the better you'll get.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2795887)
One Handers are Sex.

QFT
Quote:

Originally Posted by Redsky139 (Post 2795539)
The one-hander tourney burnt me out. Oh, yeah, and that wedding thing tomorrow. When I get back from the honeymoon, if I can still remember how to play, I plan to shoot for the lowermost tier (as going for improved av rank at this point seems kind of pointless). And I need to earn more tokens. Both these and the standard FFR ones. I didn't realize before this tourney how far I still had to go...

Believe it or not, you're advancing as fast, maybe even faster, than when I was at your skill level. Just keep going - soon you'll have AAAed 9s and FCed 11s and higher.

The problem is that this thread seems to have died - it kind of killed my motivation to update it regularly. If I see it hasn't, I'd be willing to do so again.

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 10:49 AM

When there are 5 Guru players, 10 advanced players, maybe 50 beginners, and a few thousand novices it's hard to stay motivated :(
We should make a list of 'fo sho' players.
Binary
Orlando
Zag

anyone else have video proof?

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2796180)
When there are 5 Guru players, 10 advanced players, maybe 50 beginners, and a few thousand novices it's hard to stay motivated :(
We should make a list of 'fo sho' players.
Binary
Orlando
Zag

anyone else have video proof?

Dazer made a few videos of him playing - I still think he's better than me. :razz:

And Orlando has a video? I wanna see.

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 11:09 AM

Orlando IS a video. I trust him completely so you can too.
But yeah, make a list on the main post. xD

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2796217)
Orlando IS a video. I trust him completely so you can too.
But yeah, make a list on the main post. xD

I don't think that'd count - that's like saying I'm one handed just because I say it - no way to prove it.

I don't require videos or anything, by the way, but everybody makes him out to be this godly one handed beast - so I wanna see him play. At least then you could never say he isn't one handed.

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2796229)
I don't think that'd count - that's like saying I'm one handed just because I say it - no way to prove it.

I don't require videos or anything, by the way, but everybody makes him out to be this godly one handed beast - so I wanna see him play. At least then you could never say he isn't one handed.

~Bynary Fission

I think he has video's on his profile. uhhm

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2796237)
I think he has video's on his profile. uhhm

Already took a look - no videos, and there aren't any links to them either.

P.S I'm bored as hell - my arrow keys aren't working right, so I can't play FFR. :(

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 12:14 PM

That sucks. I've got lots of piano to do. Zorsy is all pissed like ;D
Gotta finish this song.

1337h4xz0r 09-13-2008 01:20 PM

Btw binary, i got 3 goods on silence and AAA'd Gradeus as well

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337h4xz0r (Post 2796464)
Btw binary, i got 3 goods on silence and AAA'd Gradeus as well

I saw. Kickass job.

My best is 9-1-0-1 on Gradeus atm..and I can't seem to FC Silence yet. :/

Get your average rank down - you could easily pass me in a day.

~Bynary Fission

8 Hour Whore 09-13-2008 01:48 PM

Zag that kinda hurt..
You don't consider me a legit one hander.
Yet I don't have a video of my current skill but I will put up a Video as soon as I can.
A video from back in the day before this Thread.
It's crappy and Reverse but it's proof that I am one handed
I'll have a video as soon as I can of my current skill.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=32777644

Zageron 09-13-2008 01:58 PM

Wow are you left handed? I never considered you a legit one hander, because I'd never seen any video proof.
Obviously anyone better than me, who I haven't seen play, is going to get doubted :]
No questions there, it's human nature.
I consider you legit nao though.

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2796528)
Zag that kinda hurt..
You don't consider me a legit one hander.
Yet I don't have a video of my current skill but I will put up a Video as soon as I can.
A video from back in the day before this Thread.
It's crappy and Reverse but it's proof that I am one handed
I'll have a video as soon as I can of my current skill.
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...deoID=32777644

Nice video. I think that's kinda cool how you're playing left handed. (what keys do you use?)

And Zageron, you shouldn't doubt every single one hander who posts decent scores without videos. Not all of us have cameras.

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2796560)
Nice video. I think that's kinda cool how you're playing left handed. (what keys do you use?)

And Zageron, you shouldn't doubt every single one hander who posts decent scores without videos. Not all of us have cameras.

~Bynary Fission

Only those better than I am. Which is what? 4? That makes zero doubts now.

8 Hour Whore 09-13-2008 02:05 PM

lol playing Right handed I accidently put the mirror mode on when I recorded it and never noticed..
But yea I told you I have no reason to lie about my skill I'm going to make a video of me playing Blaze next when I get a camera with sound since my mic died on me.

Bynary Fission 09-13-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2796565)
Only those better than I am. Which is what? 4? That makes zero doubts now.

Orlando doesn't have any videos.

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 09-13-2008 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8 Hour Whore (Post 2796566)
lol playing Right handed I accidently put the mirror mode on when I recorded it and never noticed..
But yea I told you I have no reason to lie about my skill I'm going to make a video of me playing Blaze next when I get a camera with sound since my mic died on me.

You could record the video, then sync the {Blaze} .mp3 with it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2796569)
Orlando doesn't have any videos.

~Bynary Fission

Orlando, like myself, has been saying he is one handed from the time he joined to the present. Publicly bragging, and publicly pleading for attention just as I did, there is no chance he would be lying.
Even if I didn't have video proof of anything one handed, everyone would believe me one handed.

btw bickering sucks.

8 Hour Whore 09-13-2008 02:24 PM

I don't doubt anyones skill being one handed cause I'm kinda proving the things they've said can be done. Also I'd rather it be completely legit sound and all including clicks from the keys.

otherwise people would call BS on it and crap which I find ignorant.

1337h4xz0r 09-13-2008 03:53 PM

my average rank blows, cuz i have like.... 198 songs that i haven't played yet. =/ i'm really lazy so i probably won't end up doing em'

edit ; sorry should've quoted that (was talkin to you bynary)

editx2: BTW i'll be on multiplayer from now till laaaaaate tonight. so get on if you wanna play! >:D

sarahxjane 09-13-2008 07:14 PM

First Challenging FC!!!!111!1one

8 Hour Whore 09-14-2008 05:00 PM

Yay! Sarah is becoming amazing at FFRz one handed xD
It's about time now get your FC count up so you can own me =]]

1337h4xz0r 09-14-2008 06:36 PM

k thanks.

thought this was half decent

and THIS Ni99a wutttttttt

8 Hour Whore 09-16-2008 05:51 PM

By the way a little update I FC'd 300 =]]
twice in a row got a better score second time. I still need to work on my PA though.

vantilburg 09-17-2008 06:02 AM

Geeeez.
I need to break the habit of reading all of the thread before posting. A lot of these posts were already tl;dr worthy, but it's a lot harder to go through 691 of them O.O
/whine whine whine
Relating to the thread, you can count me in :) I'll post some scores or whatever after school.

korny 09-18-2008 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1337h4xz0r (Post 2798511)

k thanks.

thought this was half decent

and THIS Ni99a wutttttttt

No one with a brain believes you but nice try.

Sora-Neko 09-18-2008 02:12 PM

I deserve no worthy praise as a one-hander, but it's good to see that people still excel with this handstyle. My friends have been telling me to convert to two-hand recently but I don't want to XD

I'm just wondering how you guys get all the arrows without getting a hand cramp =O

1337h4xz0r 09-20-2008 12:26 AM

i love you korny

Bluearrowll 09-20-2008 02:14 PM

lol miss

datenshi-requiem 09-20-2008 04:30 PM

I play in Rithum VC on cam pretty much every time I'm in there.
And I know Zag and Sarah Jane have seen me play.
I have a video of me FCing Frozen but photobucket is being lame and not uploading it.
I'll see what I can do

Card Man 09-24-2008 09:09 PM

Wow, I really need to stop slacking. I haven't really improved my avg rank lately. Is there going to be an update by the first of October? I am looking forward to it. I need some motivation....:roll:

Motivation.....I just got this One-Hander token and my avg rank has improved ridiculously and it is still going!!

8 Hour Whore 09-28-2008 08:57 PM

Threads dying and we seriously need to get this into gear
I'll come back with a new score in a bit

Bynary Fission 09-28-2008 09:01 PM

I agree - I would really like to revive this thread and get it going after dying off. If enough people return, I'll be giving you all an update. :D

~Bynary Fission

Dronak 09-29-2008 11:25 AM

I'm still around. I just don't always have time to play or post a lot. And when I have been playing, my average rank hasn't been getting better. I rarely get new personal bests on songs, and even when I do, I'm sure they're not big enough improvements to offset the dropping ranks on songs I'm not playing regularly.

Card Man 09-29-2008 02:18 PM

I definitely want this forum to stay alive. We have to continue where we left off. I think this forum is awesome and if keeping it alive means making more One-Hander Skill Tokens, I am cool with that. :razz:

Bluearrowll 09-29-2008 03:14 PM

I will bump if necessary :p

Card Man 10-2-2008 04:51 PM

So....are we still alive? Where is the update? :?

Bynary Fission 10-2-2008 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2825429)
So....are we still alive? Where is the update? :?

Better yet, where are all the one handers?

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 10-2-2008 05:52 PM

I'm still here. Me and my 100 games in the past 2 weeks, yup. :3

Bynary Fission 10-2-2008 06:10 PM

And yet nobody else is. I really don't want the thread to die - if the community came back here, then we could really start ballin' - I mean tournaments and stuff.

P.S When are you going to start that tourney? :evil:

~Bynary Fission

Zageron 10-2-2008 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2825579)
And yet nobody else is. I really don't want the thread to die - if the community came back here, then we could really start ballin' - I mean tournaments and stuff.

P.S When are you going to start that tourney? :evil:

~Bynary Fission

When I don't have a new sheet of Physics every single day... D:

Bynary Fission 10-2-2008 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2825615)
When I don't have a new sheet of Physics every single day... D:

Bah, I have all honors and AP classes, and I managed my tourney just fine. No excuses. :)

~Bynary Fission

Card Man 10-2-2008 07:06 PM

I'm still here! I think if you made the update; people would start posting again. I mean, I could sit here and post until I fall asleep and that still won't change much. I already brought this problem to mostly everyone's attention via profile walls and I think it is a matter of time. Remember, I don't think anyone really can post here because nothing is really going on; an update would give people something to talk about. :D

Bynary Fission 10-2-2008 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2825672)
I'm still here! I think if you made the update; people would start posting again. I mean, I could sit here and post until I fall asleep and that still won't change much. I already brought this problem to mostly everyone's attention via profile walls and I think it is a matter of time. Remember, I don't think anyone really can post here because nothing is really going on; an update would give people something to talk about. :D

You, Zag, and Alek are the only ones who have even posted in this thread as of now, compared to the numerous others who did so a few months ago. I just don't feel motivated to update a list that only three people will view.

Now if you can prove me wrong, I'll gladly update the list.

~Bynary Fission

infinity. 10-2-2008 07:33 PM

i could get like 99% of those tier points if you need me to baby

<3

Zageron 10-2-2008 07:41 PM

We need to code a level rank thing specifically for this, so it's nice and easy.
We also need to get rid of the 'combo specific section' requirements, until the average miss in replays is fixed.

/sigh I'm tired.

Bynary Fission 10-2-2008 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2825728)
We need to code a level rank thing specifically for this, so it's nice and easy.
We also need to get rid of the 'combo specific section' requirements, until the average miss in replays is fixed.

/sigh I'm tired.

And who would code it? :-|

The problem with redoing that is that the entire list would have to be redone...and that would take me AGES to do - something I'm not motivated to do when the list is effectively dead.

P.S I hate doing homework.

~Bynary Fission

Dazer 10-2-2008 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bynary Fission (Post 2825682)
You, Zag, and Alek are the only ones who have even posted in this thread as of now, compared to the numerous others who did so a few months ago. I just don't feel motivated to update a list that only three people will view.

Now if you can prove me wrong, I'll gladly update the list.

~Bynary Fission

you are wrong

Bluearrowll 10-2-2008 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazer (Post 2825819)
you are wrong

you are right

Card Man 10-3-2008 02:31 PM

Well I don't know what to do anymore. If anyone has ideas; let me know. Don't ask me to code because I don't know how; I know somebody will be smart and say that... lol

Zageron 10-3-2008 04:35 PM

By the way I'm switching to spread. Yeah ******* right... >.>

Card Man 10-3-2008 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 2826823)
By the way I'm switching to spread. Yeah ******* right... >.>

LOL until I saw the invisible text I was like....ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! LOL

Zageron 10-3-2008 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Card Man (Post 2827009)
LOL until I saw the invisible text I was like....ARE YOU SERIOUS?!! LOL

No way I'd give up my 3rd place position. xD