Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CXLIII: SK Loses Again Game Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143227)

YoshL 11-7-2015 05:24 PM

Re: TWG CXLIII: SK Loses Again Game Thread

still a red flag.

no lynching one day, (assuming there's exactly 1 killing power in the setup) will leave us at 12 tomorrow. assuming we continue to normally lynch, game gets to final 4, instead of final 3. 100% useless, and lynching someone provides a (somewhat) town steered information get. We get flips, and that breeds connections and shit.

a.k.a. zenith still is a fuck

rzr 11-7-2015 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4373231)
that's not it

your vote doesn't just lynch people

it places pressure and shows the world what your thoughts are

This I will agree with, and that's why I was close to tossing a vote on roundbox to see his reaction. But I'm not a fan of random votes, and if I ever do you can see it will have been a safety to avoid a phantom.

Let me clarify here since you guys seem to take beef with that meta, I did say I would only vote if forced. I prefer not to. If we have a wolf pinned I'm not going to ignore it. If, as scum, my partner went down hard, I would not ignore it. But, on general principle I do not like to cast a vote if I don't feel it won't give me info/advantage.

DaBackpack 11-7-2015 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4373237)
But, on general principle I do not like to cast a vote if I don't feel it won't give me info/advantage.

sure, but you get info from votes more than you think

anyway I won't press the issue

rzr 11-7-2015 05:27 PM

And yet, plop, who here has disappeared? Roundbox.
Simply put, I find his tone very strong at game start. It bothers me since he usually seems to watch more at first. And I would tend to say just based on the dicking around between him and yosh, that there is some alignment there between them. So, if I have to bold his name and color it red to get his attention, than it seems I'm not the one not doing my job lol

DaBackpack 11-7-2015 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4373236)
still a red flag.

no lynching one day, (assuming there's exactly 1 killing power in the setup) will leave us at 12 tomorrow. assuming we continue to normally lynch, game gets to final 4, instead of final 3. 100% useless, and lynching someone provides a (somewhat) town steered information get. We get flips, and that breeds connections and shit.

not disagreeing with you, but what happens if there are 2 killing powers

_Zenith_ 11-7-2015 05:28 PM

Quote:

still a red flag.

When you put it that way, it looks better to lynch now than not to lynch though is the possibility of not lynching d0 (assuming your assumption would be correcting) and also not lynching if it ever got to Final 4 lesser than what you stated above?

I 100% understand your point, but you also with this post made one of DBP's point correct.

DaBackpack 11-7-2015 05:29 PM

heck there can be up to 4 killing powers if I'm not mistaken

_Zenith_ 11-7-2015 05:29 PM

correct* lmao

rzr 11-7-2015 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4373238)
sure, but you get info from votes more than you think

anyway I won't press the issue

yeah, that's why I was about to post it. I actually had his name in bold and was clicking the red color when I remembered my conversation in livechat and I want to be true to what I said.
That said, it's true not much can be found here on d0, especially in a mystery game. I'd prefer to watch than poke at it, but it's just me. I'm not as good as the back-and-forth as others here.

rzr 11-7-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrPopadopalis25 (Post 4373244)
You don't have to be so idealistic about a vote. Even if it does absolutely positively 0% for you, it's helpful for everybody else both now and down the road.

I understand, is there any comment on roundbox?

_Zenith_ 11-7-2015 05:31 PM

Quote:

still a red flag.

Wait a minute

This is actually a bad post now that I reread it.

_Zenith_ 11-7-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4373246)
I understand, is there any comment on roundbox?

Question, why are you appealing to someone about roundbox?

Do you have your own thoughts about him and what he has posted thus far?

AragakiAyase 11-7-2015 05:32 PM

people are posting so fast I can't even catch up

why does choof care so much that roundbox posted the M/MMM thing? I read it as neutral, easy town points like was mentioned but because it's so easy that takes away from it. He seems to be making a fuss over a non-issue

zenith/yoshl going hard at each other hasn't really leaned me either way on their alignments

mindmeld with dbp on rzr's "not voting unless I have to thing"

Quote:

Originally Posted by rzr (Post 4373239)
And yet, plop, who here has disappeared? Roundbox.
Simply put, I find his tone very strong at game start. It bothers me since he usually seems to watch more at first. And I would tend to say just based on the dicking around between him and yosh, that there is some alignment there between them. So, if I have to bold his name and color it red to get his attention, than it seems I'm not the one not doing my job lol

So what are your thoughts on roundbox/yoshl alignment then? also you have to assume people won't pick up on your thinking behind the scenes so voting helps let us know what you're thinking

DaBackpack 11-7-2015 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Zenith_ (Post 4373247)
This is actually a bad post now that I reread it.

follow up?

AragakiAyase 11-7-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

assuming there's exactly 1 killing power in the setup

why would you assume this? I agree that I would much rather lynch than not lynch because it gives us a flip, but worrying about a potential SK doesn't really help us at this point. If there is an SK they could nokill as needed to get it to an unfavorable final situation regardless.

YoshL 11-7-2015 05:34 PM

THERE CAN BE 5 KP
3 VIGIS
MAFIA
SERIAL KILLER
A MADHOUSEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

with 2 killing power, it still doesn't change the fact that the majority of the players in this game are town, so using the lynch as our collective day info 100% flip confirmed option is still good?

even with multiple killing power, do we want to operate under those assumptions? regardless of the night kp a lynch is still the way imo.

rzr 11-7-2015 05:35 PM

@Zenith & AA:
I think I stated my concerns. Out of the 3 people who I would have flags raised for (yosh, Zenith, roundbox) the most null to me is Yosh. Zenith doesn't seem promising, but where I'm coming from is the beginning of the thread where they seemed to meld on plop. I KNOW THIS WAS JOKING that's my concern. I see it, thus far, as either Zenith is a wolf and Yosh is super town, putting roundbox as null, or Zenith is human and roundbox/yosh are scummy