Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 (Submissions Open) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118623)

Gundam-Dude 06-7-2011 03:49 PM

Re: FFR Community Pack Summer 2011 (Submissions Open)

Bump, I'll try to have reviews up later tonight. I just spent some time knocking off some of the files that needed GFX sets.

kommisar 06-7-2011 03:58 PM

release for june 21st?

Gundam-Dude 06-7-2011 04:15 PM

Probably

bmah 06-8-2011 01:27 AM

Sent a song.

Gundam-Dude 06-9-2011 03:05 AM

Caipirinha (IOSYS Remix) V2 (BeatofIke)
M58 could've used mines to fill up the empty gap. M70, you missed this spot when changing up the vocal holds cause they're both on the same notes still (probably missed it by accident so I can fix this for you). Still on the repetitive side but at least it's more interesting and patterns are varied up. Yes

Final Audition Episode 2-X (Razor)
M32 the [1][12] minijack didn't seem all that necessary since it doesn't emphasize anything and you aren't using it consistently throughout; Shift the pattern around to avoid it. M60 I don't get why you ignored percussion when you decided to layer it at the instance of Beat 247. Beat 258, same deal with that [1][12] minijack being unnecessary. There's a real lack of pitch relevancy in this file, which isn't that major of an issue but the random patterns you've used don't -feel- relevant to the song at hand. My biggest issue with this file is the pattern usage. It's very one tracked and linear so to speak since I'm seeing the exact same one handed trills and staircase patterns over and over again. Where's the pattern variation? The layering for the file itself is passable but this needs reworking in terms of patterns. I suggest playing around with the pitch relevancy to achieve some different patterns. No

Ivory Tower (SulferDragon)
Holds are a tad too long in length, so I'd trim them down a bit. Jacks added a nice scoring factor. However compared to your other 3 submissions, I think this is the weaker of them since it's rather long and repetitive with not too much variation in the song or in layering. I'll think about this one because I want to keep open slots for other simfile authors who have yet to get a file in the pack Maybe

Under the Glass Moon (SulferDragon)
Jacks made this interesting to playthrough and adds scoring factor. Solid and enjoyable file. Yes

Sphere 5 (SulferDragon)
Classic SulferDragon VGM file. No real commentary, both charts are great and fun to play. Yes

Samsara and Paramnesia (SulferDragon)
Classic SulferDragon VGM file. No real commentary, file's great and fun to play. Yes

Magus Night (Kaneh)
I'll be honest but this doesn't seem like a Kaneh file at all, lol. Totally different from what I initially expected coming from you. File's great and enjoyable overall. Yes

Piece of History (bmah)
Rainbow trill at Beat 134 might be hard for beginner-intermediate players. Layering is great and file is enjoyable. Yes

Mosaic (Rebound)
M52-53 is a pretty nasty difficulty spike but it captures the climax well, lol. This file's good for mine dodging practice and is enjoyable to play. Yes

50 file milestone. I think I'll accept up to 5 more files before closing submissions so if you want a file in the pack now's your last chance.

kommisar 06-9-2011 07:38 AM

sulfer outta fucen nowhere again

AsphyxZero 06-9-2011 08:42 AM

someone give me the will to finish a file

kommisar 06-9-2011 09:19 AM

shut up quiffy

AsphyxZero 06-9-2011 09:39 AM

what was it that blurk said

"as all you fight over her i'll use this simfile as a wedding ring"

brb m.j. christensen status

i love you 06-9-2011 12:34 PM

Gonna submit two more within the next few hours

EDIT: Nvm i have work but i will submit two files by the end of today

BeatofIke 06-9-2011 04:29 PM

Thanks for the review.

Wineandbread 06-9-2011 04:55 PM

Am I running out of time yet

Gundam-Dude 06-9-2011 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wineandbread (Post 3483730)
Am I running out of time yet

Finish knsm

Also, Xayphon I vote your file as best song choice of FFR Summer, rofl

AsphyxZero 06-9-2011 11:23 PM

can i step speedcore if it's innovative and fun

SulferDragon 06-10-2011 03:55 AM

Awesome. I wasn't sure if you would like the files, but then I tend to be a pessimist.

I don't know if I should bother fixing Ivory Tower. I could definitely cut it, which I already did once, but I don't feel like putting the effort into that atm.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3483467)
sulfer outta fucen nowhere again

Yep, I purposely wait until the last minute and avoid saying anything because being it's what all awesome people do. Actually, it's just that I didn't notice this until like a week ago. That shows the extent of my activity nowadays.

moches 06-10-2011 10:45 AM

Sulfeeeeer :)

who_cares973 06-10-2011 12:02 PM

sent in two files last minute oh man you know what that means(see: stepfile this)

Xayphon 06-10-2011 04:31 PM

Sent another fix

SulferDragon 06-11-2011 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3484189)
Sulfeeeeer :)

'Sup :D

I swear, it's been ages since I last saw you.