Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Brag Board (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   The D5 Rivalry (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132584)

cedolad 10-30-2013 03:50 PM

Re: The D5 Rivalry

I haven't played pass the intro yet, so I don't really know the rest of the file, but that wall...ugggh

dumped a random good in the roll ;_;

what did I tell you, ragebait!

YoshL 10-30-2013 05:07 PM

the second split wall is the biggest iffy wall, but it's usually 0/1 goods for me. treat it like a normal split roll that degrades into a [14][23] jumptrill? that's all i can really say lol

Frederic54 10-30-2013 05:13 PM

Just a quick post for psyangel to say that I will not be able to play this week song as I will not be home until sunday :(

rCaliberGX 10-30-2013 05:25 PM

not playing document 13b because i'm not going to spend credits (yet)

psychoangel691 10-30-2013 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frederic54 (Post 4011556)
Just a quick post for psyangel to say that I will not be able to play this week song as I will not be home until sunday :(

That's alright just hop in next week :)

FontSize72LOL 10-30-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4011510)
I don't get Kono and Document 13b & Gravity Blast are ragebait. Halllpp!

seriously how do you guys hit that 2nd wall in the intro? :???: (in kono)

Im pretty sure its a 1423 or 4132 split roll, its not too hard to do if you're not bad at splitrolling, takes a sec sometimes to get the timing. That's one of the easier rolls in the file lol, later on you get some pretty nasty framered rolls.

VisD 10-30-2013 08:15 PM

wow such improvement

cedolad 10-30-2013 08:15 PM

I guess I'm just not cut out for split rolling \o/

ssbmchamp 10-30-2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cedolad (Post 4011423)
you could always use this is a way to push yourself, or gauge your skill against other D5 players.

I know if D6 had a rivalry I would play even I thought I would get crushed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4011462)
I'm nowhere near these people either. I'm not going to tell you not to quit, but I'll ask you to reconsider because there are some of us D5ers here that are at the bottom and part of this is to push our way up. Focus on competing with those in D5 nearer to your level is what I'd suggest. But if you really don't want to be here of course that is your decision to make.

Using the "it's a good way to push yourself" doesn't really apply here due to the massive skill gap between me and the other players....skill like that would take me AT BEST several months to acquire. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about excellent competition but in this case it's anything but. When you're trying to get better you want someone close to you that can help give you that desire to want to push to get better. For those that are at the top of this division it would be like you going up against Dossar....pretty sure you wouldn't find that fun knowing you're not even close and you would get killed...that's not even remotely enjoyable and that's how I feel here.

If you, Kayla, or anyone else feels the same way as me (in terms of being well below anyone else) then quite frankly either you're in the wrong division, or the good players are. My personal best AAA is a 61....I think it was YoshL who AAA'd a 76.....there is absolutely no argument there that is 100% the difference between divisions, maybe even as much as 2 divisions and for these reasons I'm sticking with my decision.

Fission 10-30-2013 08:36 PM

just go use your bot again and you'll be fine

rCaliberGX 10-30-2013 08:43 PM

highest AAA - 59 (rocket flight) :c

psychoangel691 10-30-2013 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmchamp (Post 4011719)
Using the "it's a good way to push yourself" doesn't really apply here due to the massive skill gap between me and the other players....skill like that would take me AT BEST several months to acquire. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about excellent competition but in this case it's anything but. When you're trying to get better you want someone close to you that can help give you that desire to want to push to get better. For those that are at the top of this division it would be like you going up against Dossar....pretty sure you wouldn't find that fun knowing you're not even close and you would get killed...that's not even remotely enjoyable and that's how I feel here.

If you, Kayla, or anyone else feels the same way as me (in terms of being well below anyone else) then quite frankly either you're in the wrong division, or the good players are. My personal best AAA is a 61....I think it was YoshL who AAA'd a 76.....there is absolutely no argument there that is 100% the difference between divisions, maybe even as much as 2 divisions and for these reasons I'm sticking with my decision.

I was moreso saying there's other lower D5 players like myself that would like close competition rather than just having all the super good guys. But that's fine.

cedolad 10-30-2013 08:49 PM

wahhhh

ssbmchamp 10-30-2013 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4011737)
I was moreso saying there's other lower D5 players like myself that would like close competition rather than just having all the super good guys. But that's fine.

I've seen your scores (and your levelranks) for that matter. You're not D5. Why not join the D4 and actually compete with a bunch of people close to you. With that logic me, you and any other really low D5's may as well join D7 and just compete against each other while everyone else destroys us...

YoshL 10-30-2013 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmchamp (Post 4011719)
I'm 1/2 divisions under people.

so, you're going to withdraw from a thing that isn't even giving you any credit/gain otherwise; something that's purely for fun and gauging your skill against people in the division that you've been placed. All because you say you're not good enough.

grow a pair and try. It's not like people are going to point and laugh when you're not the best player in the group of players. If you keep playing, pretty much the only way to go is up

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmchamp (Post 4011762)
I've seen your scores (and your levelranks) for that matter. You're not D5. Why not join the D4 and actually compete with a bunch of people close to you. With that logic me, you and any other really low D5's may as well join D7 and just compete against each other while everyone else destroys us...

this shit makes me mad as fuck.

You Can Do Shit If You Stop Doubting Yourself.

I was put into D4 in the 6th /soley/ because of an AIM Anthem AAA. My best AAA was probably a 7 at the time. I thought I had no chance. But, if you say "I'm going to take the ez way out and go play with people i know i'm better than".....
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fission (Post 4011723)
just go use your bot again and you'll be fine

^^^^^

Jonlovesddr 10-30-2013 10:04 PM

it's worth busting your ass to improve
maybe you'll have fun even though there's no fun allowed on fiffer

Charu 10-30-2013 10:06 PM

Party-pooper detected. There is fun allowed, where you playin' at?

Silly Jon.

psychoangel691 10-30-2013 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmchamp (Post 4011762)

I have 2 FMO AAAs and a few SDGS on some of the higher ones. I'm basically stuck in that point where I'm not D4 anymore but I can't beat D5 lol.

Jonlovesddr 10-30-2013 10:13 PM

Sill Cat Face!
stay in school kids

James May 10-30-2013 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4011820)
I have 2 FMO AAAs and a few SDGS on some of the higher ones. I'm basically stuck in that point where I'm not D4 anymore but I can't beat D5 lol.

I'm worst off than you Kayla lol. Btw, am I the only one that thinks that Gravity Blast, Staring at my Spaceship, and Mirage Garden are eons easier than our D5 file? lol