Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Unpopular gaming opinions thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=150254)

DaBackpack 11-30-2018 12:37 AM

Re: Unpopular gaming opinions thread

Monkey Magic for the PS1 is the greatest 2D platformer of all time.

flashflash account 11-30-2018 05:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4658824)
Monkey Magic for the PS1 is the greatest 2D platformer of all time.

Shovel knight exists in that space so I'll have to disagree with you there

PixlSM 11-30-2018 09:16 AM

Sorry but n++ is actually the greatest platformer of all time since it’s ovjectively perfect

SKG_Scintill 11-30-2018 09:23 AM

touhou is an interactive pantomime, not a video game

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 09:27 AM

FFR is a fun game

flashflash account 11-30-2018 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4658923)
FFR is a fun game

It's enjoyable in tiny doses
I don't understand these people mashing arrows like no tomorrow

QueenAshy 11-30-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PixlSM (Post 4658921)
Sorry but n++ is actually the greatest platformer of all time since it’s ovjectively perfect

Yes please

T-Force 11-30-2018 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashflash account (Post 4658567)
- fire emblem doesn't deserve the representation it has in smash and the character designs have made me hate the series despite having never played it and having never heard of it outside of smash until they released the million 3ds ones that had version exclusive waifus (I think)

Nice bias based off of unconfirmed opinions.
That said, you're probably thinking of Fates which had 3 versions. Version 1 follows one side of a war between 2 nations, version 2 follows the other side, and version 3 allows you to get all of them.
There's a story reason as to why there are "exclusive" units, but they're all in each game - sometimes just as the baddies.

I will agree though, there really needs to be a non-sword FE rep in Smash. It's getting a little absurd.

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4659063)
Nice bias based off of unconfirmed opinions.
That said, you're probably thinking of Fates which had 3 versions. Version 1 follows one side of a war between 2 nations, version 2 follows the other side, and version 3 allows you to get all of them.
There's a story reason as to why there are "exclusive" units, but they're all in each game - sometimes just as the baddies.

I will agree though, there really needs to be a non-sword FE rep in Smash. It's getting a little absurd.

Regardless of how good or bad fire emblem is (ps Advanced wars for the gba is the same game but 1000x better), the fact that there's literally like 6 fire emblem characters in smash 4 is a joke, since the series is overall unpopular and fairly bad

Back in my day we had Marth and Roy and that was good enough, smh

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 04:54 PM

Unpopular opinion, literally every smash game other than melee is trash, and could be considered "training wheels for melee"

Smash 64 is cool tho

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4659065)
Unpopular opinion, literally every smash game other than melee is trash, and could be considered "training wheels for melee"

Smash 64 is cool tho

64 Kirby isnt op, people are just bad

Dinglesberry 11-30-2018 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrrbrbirbel (Post 4659066)
64 Kirby isnt op, people are just bad

Idk man have u seen the hitbox and frame data on Kirby up tilt? Like legit lmao

flashflash account 11-30-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4659065)

Smash 64 is cool tho

melee sucks just not as bad as brawl

qrrbrbirbel 11-30-2018 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dinglesberry (Post 4659069)
Idk man have u seen the hitbox and frame data on Kirby up tilt? Like legit lmao

Compared to the anger and dedication of playing any other characters that stood a chance against him? It's a toss up hahaha (for real kirby was a bitch which is why i used him cuz i'm a bitttcccchhhhhh)

GhostieGoBoo 12-1-2018 01:11 PM

honestly the smash bros games are fun, but I don't understand why some people act like melee is the second coming of Christ and no other fighting game can possibly come close to it.

aperson 12-1-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4659278)
honestly the smash bros games are fun, but I don't understand why some people act like melee is the second coming of Christ and no other fighting game can possibly come close to it.

it's because you have to press 6 buttons to do what takes you 1 in other fighting games and if you press any of them wrong you die

aperson 12-1-2018 01:15 PM

wow that match was close but Hax$ SDed by flubbing ledgedashes 4 times and Westballz only SDed 3 times!!!

Charu 12-1-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GhostieGoBoo (Post 4659278)

What aperson said, but also due to it generally being regarded as a very fast paced game which has garnered consecutively a health viewership throughout it's 17 years. Also some just find it exhilarating to do inputs like your life depended on it since decision making in that game is constant with no breathing room. It often turns into pure muscle memory.

It's in its own little world, and while I do nod to it being very fun to watch, I share the same sentiments with it like yours where I don't think it's one of the best things out there for Smash content.

If anything, Smash 4 was pretty fun to watch... before the devs fucked it up with that Cloud DLC, followed by Bayonetta...

Hopefully Ultimate will keep up where Smash 4 failed. Create interesting matchups with no "clear winners" and have the characters be able to perform flashy moves that can pseudo connect if the opponent doesn't do anything.

aperson 12-1-2018 01:26 PM

legitimate opinion: ssbm is amazing because an unpatched fighting game has lasted 17 years with a meta that has only evolved by players becoming better and more deeply understanding the game.

This stands in stark contrast to most other games that are constantly patched with a meta that consistently shifts because of dev balance, not because of players gitting gud.

flashflash account 12-1-2018 01:33 PM

there's no way melee meta isn't as stale as a bagel that was left out since the morning of release