Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Gamewhore Competition (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=127192)

PrawnSkunk 11-16-2012 02:39 PM

Re: Gamewhore Competition

The work doesn't start until you hate yourself.

Charu 11-16-2012 02:50 PM

So, just popping in this thread to ask.

Is everyone seriously just going to do VS Boss Battle over and over for the entire 24 hour duration?

That doesn't sound very fun at all, even on a competitive level, lol.

awein999 11-16-2012 03:08 PM

Anyone have any suggestions for "final push" songs that aren't rato that are better than boss battle?

TC_Halogen 11-16-2012 03:54 PM

I don't think you're going to get a better exchange for points when trying to make a final push -- VS Boss Battle is very light in comparison to most of the high NPS files, and simply getting a respectable full combo will net you 1.4 million points in under a minute. The trade off is the fact that it's -very- to get bad habits on patterns because of the density, so I would personally use VS during break periods and use more aggressive songs outside of those.

If you're lucky enough to have a strong computer, pick your two dominant songs of choice that are really high NPS and have them open in separate Flash Players. Before midnight hits, be aware of your two song lengths and play a song BEFORE midnight in such a way that causes the recording to happen AFTER midnight. This way, you can squeeze out the maximum amount of points possible by getting as early of a start as you can.

Get into the habit of moving your mouse to the proper location to reduce the time lost from waiting for score recording. If your songs of choice are Here We Go and Exciting Hyper Highspeed Star (as mine would be), start with EHHS because it is easier and will get you off to a more productive start if you full combo. Load EHHS and then move the mouse cursor to the Try Again button of the other window. The moment you hit that last step, click the Try Again button of the HWG window and move your mouse as close to the Try Again button of EHHS. Get into the habit of doing this, because the amount of time you save on score recording will eventually allow you to squeeze out a few extra points at the end if you go nonstop.

awein999 11-16-2012 04:08 PM

I did some analysis with dossar and it turns out VS is 15.98 nps up to combo 863 (Is there a way to set auto fail to a combo number?) which is better than EHHS. I'm not sure what Here We Go's is or even if that is allowed for this competition?

And I do plan to play World Tour one time 7 minutes before the time starts.

Also I'll probably be streaming mute in ffr vc the entire time if I indeed do this.

SK8R43 11-16-2012 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3803808)
If you're lucky enough to have a strong computer, pick your two dominant songs of choice that are really high NPS and have them open in separate Flash Players. Before midnight hits, be aware of your two song lengths and play a song BEFORE midnight in such a way that causes the recording to happen AFTER midnight. This way, you can squeeze out the maximum amount of points possible by getting as early of a start as you can.

Oh my gawd, i was going to secretly do this but now everyone knows about it hahaha

TC_Halogen 11-16-2012 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3803813)
I did some analysis with dossar and it turns out VS is 15.98 nps up to combo 863 (Is there a way to set auto fail to a combo number?) which is better than EHHS. I'm not sure what Here We Go's is or even if that is allowed for this competition?

And I do plan to play World Tour one time 7 minutes before the time starts.

Also I'll probably be streaming mute in ffr vc the entire time if I indeed do this.

HWG is game, because it can be obtained with effort (whereas Vrofl is situational). I had no idea that VS Boss Battle had such a high combo. There's no way to fail on combo, unfortunately.

VS Boss Battle's average NPS is 15.67... that .31 is a pretty big deal.

HWG is 13.5 NPS, which is quite a bit lower. RATO has a much higher NPS, but the risk of losing a full combo is substantially higher. It looks like VS Boss Battle might be the key to this gamewhore contest -- no other song provides a NPS as high with a risk as low. Even playing the song from start to finish yields a higher NPS that's higher than the toughest FGOs.

DossarLX ODI 11-16-2012 04:33 PM

"Toughest FGOs" is bad for TPS. The lower FGOs like Lolo have a better tps.

If you look at the highest rated FGOs, their tps is mostly terrible.

awein999 11-16-2012 04:33 PM

The full VS is 15.61 nps but up to 863 combo I believe it's 15.98. There is a loss of density from 864 on. I'll double check right now to be sure.

And my setup is ready :evil:

DossarLX ODI 11-16-2012 04:37 PM

Past 863 combo you get into 8th jumps and then a single note stream with 32nd triplets.

It's just like saying RATO's tps is 17ish when in reality the first 1400 notes have an average of above 18. The ending kills the tps.

qqwref 11-16-2012 04:45 PM

I like the little optimizations of playing a long-ass song just after midnight and having two flash players open. If you are a fan of R^2 it might also help to queue up a ton of copies of one song and just play it through, since that way you won't even have to click Try Again. I'm not sure if it records at the end or as you go, but either way, it should be pretty good. If you want to take (say) 5-minute breaks every hour, you could set it for 55 minutes' worth of that song, and then just take a break when you're done with that queue. Very convenient that way.

PS: AJ, you're really considering HWG? That doesn't sound too great for your hands :|

Quote:

Originally Posted by awein999 (Post 3803813)
Is there a way to set auto fail to a combo number?

I don't think so, but if you really want to quit out at a particular point, I recommend using the "end song now" key (NOT the "restart song" key). Put it somewhere convenient so you can hit it easily on purpose but won't slip and hit it by accident during gameplay.

wildfireskunk 11-16-2012 05:15 PM

I'm not aiming to win this as I have some chores to do during the day, but at the very least I want vROFL!

Personal goals, booyah.

popsicle_3000 11-16-2012 05:18 PM

this is getting way more intense then the whoring comp in april!!

TC_Halogen 11-16-2012 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3803835)

PS: AJ, you're really considering HWG? That doesn't sound too great for your hands :|

I'm actually not going to have time to do gamewhoring. About HWG: the jumpstream is way within my comfort zone in terms of not wasting stamina (yeah, I've gotten that consistent with JS :lol:). I actually would go higher than that in difficulty and use Extratone Pirates [Drunk Optimus] since I can consistently near-AAA the ending (p.s. 15.16 NPS total!), multiple runs in a row. VS Boss Battle could be used in conjunction with Extratone Pirates to give a cooldown and effectively hold the 15 NPS threshold.

I don't know of any other songs that I could consistently do with high NPS and low risk. If it wasn't for the 24th trills, I'd play Rave 7's introduction consistently.

Frictional Nevada gets a little high up there, but not that high.

qqwref 11-16-2012 06:24 PM

I dunno, VS Boss Battle at 15.6-15.9 NPS is already really high, so you'd have to either play a song with higher raw NPS (not that many of those) or play an easier song as a rest. 15.16 is pretty high, but VS beats it, and Extratone Pirates doesn't seem like much of a rest file to me. And remember, you don't have to near-AAA, just consistently FC :)

TC_Halogen 11-16-2012 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3803886)
I dunno, VS Boss Battle at 15.6-15.9 NPS is already really high, so you'd have to either play a song with higher raw NPS (not that many of those) or play an easier song as a rest. 15.16 is pretty high, but VS beats it, and Extratone Pirates doesn't seem like much of a rest file to me. And remember, you don't have to near-AAA, just consistently FC :)

Extratone Pirates is far from a rest file. It would just be something else for me to play so that I don't lose my sanity. X_X

And yeah, full combo scores are the only things that matter.

popsicle_3000 11-16-2012 06:32 PM

somewhere earlier, maybe this thread, the calculation was made that AAAing for 24hrs, vs mashing VS gave a difference of 150mil or around there (a bit less i think). which isn't much when total would be 1.9bil or something

Krystal Sharz 11-16-2012 06:33 PM

Ok I'm all pumped for this! :D

DossarLX ODI 11-16-2012 06:43 PM

Stocked up on food for this. Going to bed now.

wildfireskunk 11-16-2012 06:44 PM

Imma be entering this, get me on dat opening post list :)