Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   The VideoGame MegaPack 4 (SUBMISSIONS CLOSED)! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135987)

DayMan951 03-26-2014 07:35 PM

Re: The VideoGame MegaPack 4!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DayMan951 (Post 4105136)
someone please step this. i would be eternally grateful. like please

QFE because its mahvel baby. i really want this stepped

ilikexd 03-26-2014 07:47 PM

you step it

DayMan951 03-26-2014 07:54 PM

but i don't want to

DigitalS3r4ph 03-26-2014 08:11 PM

Submission Reviews:

I'm actually going to give each submission a fair shake and offer reasons that went into my decision of accepting or declining a submission. I'm going to offer some constructive criticism during this process as well.

Crocodile Cacophany - I really love this file. I can see that it was well made. This song is amazing and it really reminded me of how fun the soundtrack to Donkey Kong Country 2 was (I've been looking at some of their songs to step). The only thing I would like to see are some revisions on a few missed opportunities on 16th notes. I would touch up on some of the freezes too, because a song like this is going to rely on them being on point. I would accept after that. Plus, it's already been released (So it needs revisions). No for now.

Jiggly Choir Lol, good use of mines. I'm not sure if I was literally under an attack from Jigglypuff's singing, but those mines managed to keep me up at least. This song lol. If it wins the nomination for joke file of the pack, then maybe. I don't know. The auto-tune kinda kills it for me though. :P No for now.

Onett (Hardcore Remix) - Creatively speaking, I feel like this song is incorrectly titled or categorized. To me, it sounds like the theme for a cartoon tv comedy sitcom that takes place in the town of Onett. Make an appropriate background and accompanying cartoon video and I'd probably be sold on accepting this to the pack. It would need some major touch-ups on the chart difficulty-wise, and it felt off-sync for me at parts.Sorry, no for now.

Prismatic Butterfly - Dead or Alive 3!!! Whoa awesome. I loved this game, and I remember it having a damn sexy soundtrack. Hearing this song while playing made me so hype. I think this is going to work great as a harder score attack type song. I'll need a bit more time with playing it though before final judgement. Maybe this song needs a sexy index chart to go with it. So no verdict yet.

The Stains of Time -I didn't expect to see a song from the Metal Gear Solid series! The prospect of that is pretty exciting, so kudos there. This would work great as a score attack song, but if it could have an easier version of the chart as well to make it more accessible to a wider audience. The technicality is there, but I'd like to see an index chart to make it more fun for the folks like me. :D Yes, but let's some see some more outta this chart.

Armor-plated Armadillo - From hearing the preview I was expecting another mashfest. After playing it, I'm like Dear God yes.

MacGravel's submission - Ffff. If Daft Punk and Sonic The Hedgehog's music had sex, this would be the child. Couple that with MacGravel's enduring stepping style, insta-yes.

That's all for now. Starting work on my chart now. HYPE.

Alioth 03-26-2014 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DigitalS3r4ph (Post 4106281)
Submission Reviews:
Prismatic Butterfly - Dead or Alive 3!!! Whoa awesome. I loved this game, and I remember it having a damn sexy soundtrack. Hearing this song while playing made me so hype. I think this is going to work great as a harder score attack type song. I'll need a bit more time with playing it though before final judgement. Maybe this song needs a sexy index chart to go with it. So no verdict yet.

That's all for now. Starting work on my chart now. HYPE.

Ah thanks for the review :D HYPE

PS feel free to make an index for it...I can use some Tsuka for the file :P

Nullifidian 03-26-2014 09:05 PM

Quote:

Armor-plated Armadillo - From hearing the preview I was expecting another mashfest. After playing it, I'm like Dear God yes.

Haha glad you liked it.
I'll see if I can step some more stuff for this pack.

intensez 03-26-2014 09:41 PM

spitfire i hope thats a mega man x ost one :')

Nullifidian 03-26-2014 09:43 PM

It's zaghurim's metal take on it. He posted it in the music forum a while ago.

intensez 03-26-2014 09:45 PM

good enough lol, glad you stepped something from it. i should as well xd

Arntonach 03-26-2014 09:46 PM

does anyone have my Thunder Plains simfile? I lost it with the ffr database, but I do remember putting it up on kbo. I'm thinking it'd be a nice retro feel-y file for the pack, but it's not on my mediafire, extrnal or email. ;-;

DigitalS3r4ph 03-26-2014 10:03 PM

Working Together - I dunno, whoever you are, you stepped an awesome file haha. That was actually pretty great work. Nice job dude.

macgravel 03-26-2014 11:05 PM

Sup.

Armor-Plated Armadillo: Song is awesome (MMX + Metal = JIZZ (<3 Zagh)). No complaints from me. Definite yes.

Flight of the Battery: I can't judge my own file. I'm sad now.

Jiggly Choir: WUT NO NO NO. NO.

Onett [Hardcore Remix]: I... this... Bye.

Prismatic Butterfly: Seems really repetitive for how long it is. I'll need to check it out more. Undecided

The Stains of Time: Cool song and solid chart. No complaints from me. Yes.

Working Together (Allegro Vivace): Who stepped this? Really fun and simple. No complaints from me. Yes.

Yesssss 03-27-2014 01:38 AM

I should come out of retirement for this. I'll probably only step music from Gust games but I don't think anyone will complain.

macgravel 03-27-2014 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesssss (Post 4106433)
I should come out of retirement for this. I'll probably only step music from Gust games but I don't think anyone will complain.

Dude, hell yeah! HYPE <3

Buta-san 03-27-2014 03:44 AM

Ah just as hype to see this happen as KH lll's release ; )

AlexDest 03-27-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Crocodile Cacophany - I really love this file. I can see that it was well made. This song is amazing and it really reminded me of how fun the soundtrack to Donkey Kong Country 2 was (I've been looking at some of their songs to step). The only thing I would like to see are some revisions on a few missed opportunities on 16th notes. I would touch up on some of the freezes too, because a song like this is going to rely on them being on point. I would accept after that. Plus, it's already been released (So it needs revisions). No for now.

So, I have to basically make a v2 of this chart for it to be acceptable?

Sweet.

Alioth 03-27-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgravel (Post 4106385)
Sup.

Prismatic Butterfly: Seems really repetitive for how long it is. I'll need to check it out more. Undecided

Yea that was my biggest problem with creating the chart tbh~ Well...that's because the song is pretty repetitive, but regardless it's doa :D

blindreper1179 03-27-2014 01:55 PM

Is there a minimum time requirement? Stepped a song that's 20 seconds long.

Also, how is this not on the homepage!

Nick Skyline 03-27-2014 01:57 PM

I personally have no idea if it would be a wise idea to step a song from Pokémon X/Y.

Wait, was I talking about a song?

I meant a remix I made of said song.

https://soundcloud.com/the1nickskyline/battle-xerneas-yveltal

macgravel 03-27-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4106605)
Is there a minimum time requirement? Stepped a song that's 20 seconds long.

Also, how is this not on the homepage!

omg read tHE rULES u dingus

Quote:

Originally Posted by macgravel (Post 4104945)
tHE rULES: break these and go 2 jail 4evr
Song length can be as long or short as you want, who cares?

If it's good, it's acceptable!