Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   [Concluded] drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=130860)

ryuyasha 07-14-2013 08:38 PM

Re: drizzleRomanceGirl's FFR Team Tournament

Loop said he PM'd him. He has not posted in the thread since joining, and also Drizzle said she PM'd everyone who had not voted. He has been posting in other threads, just not here, and he has not played any FFR games in a week.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-14-2013 08:39 PM

I've PMd everyone who hasn't voted yet already, so maybe they've been offline for over three days. D:

ryuyasha 07-14-2013 08:46 PM

Last Activity: 07-13-2013

Yeah, I suppose. So you are saying he has the rest of today to show up and vote? If not would that mean we have a 3-person team where two people play twice each cycle? Or are there people who tried to sign up who would be in beginner and get put in our team?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-14-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3939043)
Last Activity: 07-13-2013

Yeah, I suppose. So you are saying he has the rest of today to show up and vote? If not would that mean we have a 3-person team where two people play twice each cycle? Or are there people who tried to sign up who would be in beginner and get put in our team?

Everyone has the rest of today and all of tomorrow until midnight (server time). If no one votes by then, I will probably reorganize the Beginner teams so that there will be three people on each team, since the people on the waiting list are probably all Intermediate. ^.^

animeaddicted 07-14-2013 11:00 PM

I vote for Preg Jr.

Sorry i was away for the last 48hrs~ i was out of town at a Rainfurrest Staff Meeting and was a little busy.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-14-2013 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animeaddicted (Post 3939135)
I vote for Preg Jr.

Sorry i was away for the last 48hrs~ i was out of town at a Rainfurrest Staff Meeting and was a little busy.

It's okay! ^.^ Thank you for voting. :)

Now only Preg Jr, travman301, and Ksl33zy24 are the ones who need to vote. ^.^

Shiki. 07-15-2013 03:28 AM

Something new posted

James May 07-15-2013 07:28 AM

Xelnya, doug, jon, pm me your contact info for skype, or aim. We'll form a group there and then decide the order in terms of availability.

Lambdadelta 07-15-2013 11:45 AM

Donating 24,156

So that bring the Prize pot to a clean 1,625,000

HalfStep 07-15-2013 12:00 PM

Pretty good pot, awesome :3

travman301 07-15-2013 03:53 PM

I vote for half, because cbf.

Edit: lol jokes

Vote for Untimely Friction.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-15-2013 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lambdadelta (Post 3939306)
Donating 24,156

So that bring the Prize pot to a clean 1,625,000

Thank you for the donation! :D

Untimely Friction is the team captain for team five of the Intermediate division! :D
All of the Intermediate and Advanced team captains have been decided! ^.^

Doug31 07-15-2013 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James May (Post 3939260)
Xelnya, doug, jon, pm me your contact info for skype, or aim. We'll form a group there and then decide the order in terms of availability.

I'm sort of too lazy to do that sort of think can you just put me down for any day and I'll do it?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-15-2013 06:57 PM

Preg Jr PMd me that he voted for Dru0129, so Dru0129 has one vote, animeaddicted has one vote, and Preg Jr has two votes. Preg Jr is the team captain for team 3 of the Beginner division! :)

Elmerz 07-15-2013 07:20 PM

So then who are we still missing votes from?

ryuyasha 07-15-2013 07:29 PM

Just my last teammate, Ksl33zy24. He still has up to 9.5 hours to get back here. Hoping for less rather than more.

Elmerz 07-15-2013 07:34 PM

Yeah, would be awesome to get those song hints. I wanna play!

James May 07-15-2013 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 3939426)
I'm sort of too lazy to do that sort of think can you just put me down for any day and I'll do it?

Alright. But PM me the order you wish to have for this round. Based on everyone's suggestions I'll determine the team order from there.

HalfStep 07-15-2013 10:44 PM

Hype for song hints ! :D

Elmerz 07-15-2013 10:56 PM

Hype hype hype

TheSaxRunner05 07-15-2013 10:59 PM

Herp herp herp

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 12:10 AM

Ksl33zy24 has been kicked out of the tournament because he did not vote or give me any notice about going on vacation. >.< Unfortunately, all the people who would like to join but were too late to sign-up are at least in the Intermediate division, so team 1 of Beginner division will only have three people participating (at least for now). Also, loop123456 has received the most votes, so he is the team captain for team 1 of the Beginner division! :)

hcmushroom 07-16-2013 12:12 AM

woohoo let's get this started

HalfStep 07-16-2013 12:38 AM

Song preview hype 2.0! ~_~

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 12:42 AM

All the team captains have been decided! First of all, please don't forget to post your team names, team captains. :) Also, I am posting the hints for the songs that will be for all five rounds of the first cycle, so team captains, please decide within the next few days the order that your teams will participate for the first round! ^.^ Remember, PLEASE DO NOT POST THE ORDER OF YOUR TEAM IN THE THREAD; PM (private message) ME THE ORDER, and I will post the order of each team after the first round starts. Also, remember that for every division: rounds 1 and 5 will be the most difficult, rounds 2 and 4 will be average difficulty, and round 3 will be the easiest round.

Beginner division song hints
For round 1 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and be sure to look out for tricky rhythms.
For round 2 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is particularly short, but it has trills, jumps, and bursts.
For round 3 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and there are a lot of jumps (but not jumpstreams) in the song.
For round 4 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and there are both streams and jacks.
For round 5 of the Beginner division, the length of the song is average, and the patterns are a little bit of a lot of things, so this song is fairly balanced overall.

Intermediate division song hints
For round 1 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are jumpstreams and bursts.
For round 2 of the Intermediate division, both the length of the song and the patterns are fairly balanced overall.
For round 3 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are tricky rhythms.
For round 4 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are a lot of jumpstreams.
For round 5 of the Intermediate division, the length of the song is average, and there are BPM (beats per minute) changes (changes in the tempo), and a lot of jumps (not jumpstreams).

Advanced division song hints
For round 1 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, and there are a lot of jumps (not jumpstreams) and jacks.
For round 2 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is average, the tempo is very fast, and there are a lot of trills and rolls.
For round 3 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, the tempo is really fast, and there are a lot of streams.
For round 4 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is really long, and the patterns are fairly balanced overall.
For round 5 of the Advanced division, the length of the song is average, and there are jacks, trills, and rolls.

I hope everyone finds these hints useful! :)

P.S. loop123456, since your team only has three people in it right now, the order will have two extra people. However, if you continue to have three people for the rest of the tournament, you may use the same extra person more than once in the tournament, but the other extra person must be different every cycle, and you may not use the same extra person in all three cycles. ^.^

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 01:42 AM

Ooh, this is great. So much hype.

So for purposes of clarity and organisation, when is play order due, and when will the first cycle start?

Also will there be any (planned) gaps between rounds or cycles, or straight up one to the next?

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3939675)
Ooh, this is great. So much hype.

So for purposes of clarity and organisation, when is play order due, and when will the first cycle start?

Also will there be any (planned) gaps between rounds or cycles, or straight up one to the next?

I'll give the team captains up to three days (hopefully sooner) to post the team names in the thread and PM me the order of their teams, and once all the names and orders are sent, the first round will start really soon after that. :) There will be no gaps between each round, and each round will start immediately after the next round ends. However, there will be a two-day gap before the second and third cycle start for the song hints in case the team captains would like to change the order of their team for the second and/or third cycle. ^.^

HalfStep 07-16-2013 01:57 AM

You could just post song hints for the following Cycle during the 5th round of the previous one, and save the downtime :D

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 01:57 AM

Sounds great. Thanks for doing your best to make sure this tournament happens and goes well. Donating 13,582 credits.

Edit:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HalfStep (Post 3939682)
You could just post song hints for the following Cycle during the 5th round of the previous one, and save the downtime :D

The problem with that is if team captains are playing the last round they will have to split their time and focus in multiple directions. Plus a short break between long cycles might be nice for everyone. We can recharge our cheer meters. xD

Yay.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3939683)
Sounds great. Thanks for doing your best to make sure this tournament happens and goes well. Donating 13,582 credits.

Edit:

The problem with that is if team captains are playing the last round they will have to split their time and focus in multiple directions. Plus a short break between long cycles might be nice for everyone. We can recharge our cheer meters. xD

Yay.

No problem; I'm having a lot of fun hosting the tournament! XD Thank you for the donation! :)

One Winged Angel 07-16-2013 01:27 PM

Since no one on my team seems to really care about our team name (including myself), just put us down as Advanced Team 2: Electric Boogaloo.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3939857)
Since no one on my team seems to really care about our team name (including myself), just put us down as Advanced Team 2: Electric Boogaloo.

Okay. XD

hcmushroom 07-16-2013 01:47 PM

we'll go with key smashers for our team

ryuyasha 07-16-2013 03:24 PM

I love that almost all the Intermediate teams have names. BTW our team is named, just waiting for Loop to post it and make it official. We discussed play order strategies late last night, and in addition to waiting until we can discuss with Soldat he is probably taking some time to think about those too. My guess is he will post team name and PM team order around the same time.

shadow 1800 07-16-2013 03:27 PM

I would have totally joined this tournament if i had internet sooner :( good luck though guys!

loop123456 07-16-2013 04:39 PM

We will be called The Synchopaths

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loop123456 (Post 3940005)
We will be called The Synchopaths

XD I love that name. ^.^

loop123456 07-16-2013 04:56 PM

any reason you are putting "team" in front of every team
so it would become "team the baka rangers" instead of "the baka rangers"

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loop123456 (Post 3940035)
any reason you are putting "team" in front of every team
so it would become "team the baka rangers" instead of "the baka rangers"

It's just so that it's more simple, so that everyone knows they're all teams. ^.^ I'll be referring to the teams without the word "team" before the names though. :)

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-16-2013 08:12 PM

Remember to post your team names and PM me the orders of your teams soon, team captains! :)

TC_Halogen 07-16-2013 08:22 PM

I have no idea what to name the team, haha. Would anyone be opposed to us just being an unnamed team? :lol:

TheSaxRunner05 07-16-2013 08:39 PM

Team Unknown

One Winged Angel 07-16-2013 08:41 PM

drizz, the Advanced Team 2: needs to preface Electric Boogaloo, I cannot stress how important this is (pls and ty)

Also quick question that was probably asked or is located somewhere in the OP (but I can't seem to find it so I'll ask anyways), are we allowed to use the same extra player for subsequent cycles or is it once a player has played two rounds in one cycle, they can't do that again?

Ksl33zy24 07-16-2013 09:08 PM

I think i'm out guys, sozz

Xx{Fallen}xX 07-16-2013 10:26 PM

I have returned from the depths of hell, and I'm ready to play.
Top suggested we name the team ROHFL, which are our initials thrown together and sorry for any problems or confusion i caused. n.n

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-17-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Fallen}xX (Post 3940229)
I have returned from the depths of hell, and I'm ready to play.
Top suggested we name the team ROHFL, which are our initials thrown together and sorry for any problems or confusion i caused. n.n

No problem! Welcome back to the tournament. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Winged Angel (Post 3940178)
drizz, the Advanced Team 2: needs to preface Electric Boogaloo, I cannot stress how important this is (pls and ty)

Also quick question that was probably asked or is located somewhere in the OP (but I can't seem to find it so I'll ask anyways), are we allowed to use the same extra player for subsequent cycles or is it once a player has played two rounds in one cycle, they can't do that again?

No, once a player has played two rounds in one cycle, that player cannot be the extra player for the rest of the tournament (except for loop123456's team since they are only three people instead of four).

~Zeta~ 07-17-2013 12:17 PM

bumped cuz off of front page.

hype.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-17-2013 01:14 PM

@TC_Halogen, You can choose to be an unnamed team if you'd really like, but I'll name you The Indecisive Team. ^.^

XelNya 07-17-2013 03:26 PM

Best of luck.

Also, apologies for not posting sooner. I appreciate being given a late entry.

HalfStep 07-17-2013 03:27 PM

How many teams have submitted lineups so far?

TC_Halogen 07-17-2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

ROHFL
^ make that the name, only because it's quite close to ROFL and I rather enjoy that

Xx{Fallen}xX 07-17-2013 05:44 PM

ROHFL (Roll On Hell's Floor Laughing)

Elmerz 07-17-2013 09:44 PM

I just thought I'd share this with you all, as I'm extremely shakey and proud.... Props to Axith for recommending I try this song... 4th attempt... AAA. I HAVE ONI NOW

HalfStep 07-17-2013 09:46 PM

What the fuck god damn

James May 07-17-2013 09:54 PM

wtf elmerz ;_;

Elmerz 07-17-2013 10:05 PM

You don't even want me to post the AIM anthem score I just got...

alloyus 07-17-2013 10:06 PM

I do. So many people don't understand the amount of biased in jacking skill

Elmerz 07-17-2013 10:06 PM

Half told me to play it, so I played it once.

James May 07-17-2013 10:16 PM

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-17-2013 10:43 PM

@Elmerz, Congratulations! :)

Only two more team captains (alloyus and Untimely Friction) need to post their team names! :)

alloyus 07-17-2013 11:23 PM

Damn it guys. Ok throwing idea out there guys Team OP even though we don't have OP killer anymore (was suggested by someone else by the way)

Zephei 07-17-2013 11:31 PM

I'm down.

edit: If we're going that direction, we definitely need to go all the way with the full name; Team xXOpkillerXx

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-17-2013 11:44 PM

@HalfStep, Almost everyone who has chosen their team name has also PMd me the order of their team, so we're close to starting the tournament! :)

alloyus 07-18-2013 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephei (Post 3940876)
I'm down.

edit: If we're going that direction, we definitely need to go all the way with the full name; Team xXOpkillerXx

If no one else objects to this then go for it, that sounds good to me

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 12:04 AM

@alloyus, Okay I'm using that name unless someone from your team is against it. ^.^

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 02:03 AM

The only team captain who hasn't picked a team name is travman301, and the team captains who still haven't PMd me the order of their teams are hcmushroom, Zakvvv666, travman301, and alloyus. :)

hcmushroom 07-18-2013 02:43 AM

can i wait to PM until tomorrow? i asked my team about our order but will make an executive decision if i don't hear back soon

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hcmushroom (Post 3940947)
can i wait to PM until tomorrow? i asked my team about our order but will make an executive decision if i don't hear back soon

Sure! ^.^

alloyus 07-18-2013 07:51 AM

Yeah I sent out a pm last night, too, just gonna wait through most of today for a response

xXOpkillerXx 07-18-2013 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zephei (Post 3940876)
I'm down.

Ah. Nice imagination guys :roll:

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 12:50 PM

Since both Untimely Friction and travman301 got two votes, and Untimely said he doesn't have enough time to be a team captain, travman301 is the new team captain! :) Don't forget to post your team name here, and PM (private message) me your team order. ^.^

ryuyasha 07-18-2013 03:05 PM

I am assuming the play order for the teams whose captains have PM'd you is finalised and cannot be changed. The reason I ask is because I kinda want to mention where I play to a friend (in another division even). On the other hand I kinda wanna make him wait, so I am okay with whether it is okay or not. Just figured it might be nice to be able to mention in the waiting period.

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ryuyasha (Post 3941225)
I am assuming the play order for the teams whose captains have PM'd you is finalised and cannot be changed. The reason I ask is because I kinda want to mention where I play to a friend (in another division even). On the other hand I kinda wanna make him wait, so I am okay with whether it is okay or not. Just figured it might be nice to be able to mention in the waiting period.

I'm sorry, you're not allowed to say anything until the first round starts. >.<

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-18-2013 07:40 PM

The only person left to decide the team name is travman301, and the only two team captains who haven't PMd me their order yet are travman301 and hcmushroom! We're going to start the first round soon. :D

HalfStep 07-18-2013 08:26 PM

travman pls :(

TheSaxRunner05 07-18-2013 10:02 PM

As long as I'm off (not playing a round) for Fri-Sunday of next weekend, we're good. I'll be out of town.

Jonlovesddr 07-19-2013 12:54 PM

ok im back what did i miss

alloyus 07-19-2013 12:59 PM

Nothing

drizzleRomanceGirl 07-19-2013 01:07 PM

Once travman301 PMs me the order of his team and chooses a team name, we'll start the first round. ^.^

HikamitheSoulReaper 07-19-2013 05:35 PM

im sorry...I have been gone for a minute or two...[me and my mom got into a "moment" and my laptop is taken...but i'll get it back soon(hopefully today)] drizzle,is there any specific date yet? or its a "going with the flow thing" right now? I kinda need to know just in case I have a mess up and cant do it...[might not happen though XD] but yea...just asking... ^~^