Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Events (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   9th Official Tournament -- Round 8 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=132232)

TC_Halogen 10-12-2013 01:50 PM

Re: 9th Official Tournament -- Sign-ups open!

Hey guys, just a FYI to you guys; the tournament dashboard will very slowly populate with people in their respective division.

There are five of us handling placements, and those of you that see your name during early stages of population can practically guarantee that you will be in that division for this tournament, because all five of us have already come to a consensus about your division placement.

After receiving consultation from Kayla, who has run two previous officials -- I do agree that it's a good idea to have it open simply because problems can be alleviated early on.

As mentioned in the rules, do not cause unrest in the thread over division placements. Private message me on FFR, or send me a Skype message (debit13).

EDIT: another FYI - even though there are blatantly honest placements, they will not be populated on the dashboard until all five placement judges have a placement listed for them, just for the sake of organization/logistics. Thank you guys for your patience :)

L.B.D.D 10-12-2013 02:21 PM

raise your shinodas

rCaliberGX 10-12-2013 02:22 PM

signed up~

danceflashrevo 10-12-2013 02:30 PM

well dang it i got to d4... gg guys gg no re. but seriously... i'm fucked.

ULTIMEGA 10-12-2013 02:42 PM

I'm most likely going to be D6 again..... but whatever.

bmah 10-12-2013 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drizzleRomanceGirl (Post 3994299)
Thank you! :) By the way, does this apply to files submitted for the tournament? I submitted my stepfile back in August, but my submission was not mentioned in the August 2013 Review chart of the Batch Review Thread.

The batch reviews are dated according to when we review the files, not necessarily files that are submitted that month. Please be patient.

MixMasterLar 10-12-2013 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rebirth0 (Post 3994064)
Signing up for this one too. If I get D5 and get eliminated in the first round again I'll probably never play FFR again

Oh. OH.

Here I was thinking "Where D4 or D5 is about middle of the road it seems, probably where I'll be" but if that's where you are going....then I guess I get to play Trip to the Moon or something with all the other D1s :/

Doesn't matter, still gonna have a blast

drizzleRomanceGirl 10-12-2013 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3994392)
The batch reviews are dated according to when we review the files, not necessarily files that are submitted that month. Please be patient.

I'm sorry, I didn't know that. Thank you for the information! :)

DefconZero 10-12-2013 04:27 PM

So exciting! Only done unofficial tourney's and that was back in '07....haha so we'll see how this pans out for me!

reuben_tate 10-12-2013 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GammaBlaster (Post 3993952)
shinoda 1800

[shinoda 0108]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 3993965)
We should make a new gif for this tournament for the inevitable that's gonna happen, dohoho.

oh?

PS: Hype! I don't have much time inbetween work and school but I'll see what I can do with whatever time I do have :)

L.B.D.D 10-12-2013 04:58 PM

shinoda_tate

drizzleRomanceGirl 10-12-2013 05:39 PM

Yay, I'm most likely going to be in D4! :)

Elmerz 10-12-2013 06:29 PM

I really hope I'm not d5, I suck at everything except for jacks, therefore early elimination :(

BLAZZE 10-12-2013 06:33 PM

k registered

SK8R43 10-12-2013 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmerz (Post 3994556)
I really hope I'm not d5, I suck at everything except for jacks, therefore early elimination :(

lol last official the first 2 songs were jack heavy songs :P For d5 that is

Elmerz 10-12-2013 06:35 PM

Yeah but looking at who's in d5, I played Cammy like a week ago and he destroyed me :( ppl too gud

Doug31 10-12-2013 06:44 PM

Elmerz you probably will end up being D5. Stuff like 10 goods on Skeletor just seems too good for D4 to me. My program rates you about the same as axith, and he's in the almost guaranteed D5 category.

Drizzle is an almost guaranteed D4.

MixMasterLar, what's up? Haven't talked to you in way too long. I figure you're either D1 or D2 but I don't know exactly where the cutoff will be so you'll probably either be one of the best D1 players or one of the worst D2 players.

MKIIPro 10-12-2013 06:47 PM

-post about hype-

MixMasterLar 10-12-2013 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 3994569)

MixMasterLar, what's up? Haven't talked to you in way too long. I figure you're either D1 or D2 but I don't know exactly where the cutoff will be so you'll probably either be one of the best D1 players or one of the worst D2 players.

Too true, man haha. Kind of dropped off the map for a few years and am now just coming back' round--otherwise I'm doing pretty good.

I want to say D2 sounds right, but I have no working knowledge of what the ranks are (where not in use last I was on the site) and after playing the game again after so long I realized I kind of just sucked XD It's all good though.

hit me up sometime. I'll be around on the site.

PS how the hell did they allow you to change your avatar from Lynn? Don't tell me people don't realize that isn't her!

Elmerz 10-12-2013 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doug31 (Post 3994569)
Elmerz you probably will end up being D5. Stuff like 10 goods on Skeletor just seems too good for D4 to me. My program rates you about the same as axith, and he's in the almost guaranteed D5 category.

I shit myself when I got that score, and rating me based on my skeletor score is unfair. I literally mashed the wall because you can get away with it. I played the entire thing in jumps. Axi is far more consistent and well rounded than me. Sure I may score great on a jacky file but as soon as I play anything with bursts and jumpstreams my skill will show. In fact you're more well rounded and in my opinion just as good as me. A program shouldn't determine my skill, and neither should a couple good scores. If you wanna start doing that, look at axis score on Sleep. I'm sure all of us have a score we shit bricks about.

That's my spiel.