Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131209)

Dynam0 10-12-2013 07:57 PM

Re: Anime North 2014 discussion/hype/planning thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3994337)
how to get a noise complaint: hook up a large sound system to the scratchmania machine

or get tyson_ultima to AAA an impromptu scratchfile a la mix master kommisar and allow the ensuing panty-wetting screams of delight to echo down the cavernous halls of the sheraton

3lijah 10-12-2013 11:27 PM

Im not even on the 50% list what the hell dawg

Zeldagurlfan1 10-13-2013 10:21 AM

100% GOING as always~~ so add me to the list kommi! I got my costume *ideas* ready: Ai from hell girl or Squid girl for the Sunday and im FORSURE being Sailor moon on the Saturday for the 3 days - can i get any more sailor scouts ;) lol jk jk! Wigless maybe i dont wanna do a wig =___= unless someone has a wig (i gotta ask my cosplaying franz). I cant wait to see everyones costumes!!

Also, since they complained about the moochers (sorry btw lmfao) we should all try asking for rooms beside eachother in 1 hotel. its not hard to accomplish since Its only one phone call to have, lets say, 5 rooms reserved? if were all communicating and get the people sorted out (5-6 people in rooms) in the hotel we had our hotel party at. the cot was comfy ~(>_>)~ Maybe even rooms with connecting doors so we dont have to run around the hallways!!! :) Im down to share a room with anybody for the couple nights that it is. Im so excited!!~~~ yee~

Also if were all together in the mornings, it will be super easy to plan out our day and try to coordinate it well with each others schedules so people can go to the touhou pannel! im a follower in these situations so i dont mind what goes on during the day as long as theres some con time <3 I wanna go to the con with the entire group!

As for events we can get drunk at, hotel party doesnt seem like its gunna end well, soooooo LETS ALL TRY TO GO TO THE RAVE THIS YEAR TOO. I think it would be great since we can be loud and drunk and high af. i remember going to the rave in 2011 and that was a blast - and i was even sober! xD!~ We can obviously leave and head to wherever after as well! Just an idea.~

Im soooooo excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i already started freaking out about it to my dad xD
SO HYPED SO HYPED SO HYPED!!! <3 AN 2013! <3 cant wait to see everyone again <3

Sky Kitten 10-13-2013 10:26 AM

Put me down for 100% as well. :)

xXOpkillerXx 10-13-2013 10:48 AM

My hype for this started the day after AN2013 and I'm still so fucking hyped even though it's in a while hahaha~ ;D

Hateandhatred 10-13-2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynam0 (Post 3993901)
ya srsly, start charging 10 bucks at the door or something

Holy fuck yes.

This so hard.

Also can you pls put a name next to Quebec 1

So people can know who it is

Unless you're afraid of scaring them away

dAnceguy117 10-13-2013 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeldagurlfan1 (Post 3995113)
we should all try asking for rooms beside eachother in 1 hotel.

seriously, everyone here booking at the same hotel sounds like the most incredible thing ever

remedy1502 10-13-2013 12:42 PM

If I get a damn job and have money then I'm down to stay at a hotel
otherwise I'll just be commuting from home like last AN.

Gundam-Dude 10-13-2013 12:56 PM

kommi and I always end up at the radisson every year, unless we have some sort of change in plans

xXOpkillerXx 10-13-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 3995181)
seriously, everyone here booking at the same hotel sounds like the most incredible thing ever

agreed

ddr_f4n 10-13-2013 03:41 PM

I might book a hotel with my own personal friends, but I'll see if I can get it at Radisson as well

kommisar 10-15-2013 05:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gundam-Dude (Post 3995201)
kommi and I always end up at the radisson every year, unless we have some sort of change in plans

I have to talk to you about me bringing people haha. 2 friends from here are coming potentially, 1 confirmed.

The hotel party this year had a total of 18 people, which is significantly up from the 10 we had last year. Though I made it a point that everyone was out by midnight before things got out of hand. It was more of a pre-gaming session of drinking before hitting up the sheraton. We got no noise complaints thankfully haha but it's not like we're known for being party thugz and wrecking shit

clasko1000 10-15-2013 12:02 PM

Put me down for 50%

I'm trying to make plans to come out with Anko(also 50%), were both really excited to go. Its going to be a ball planning as ive never been outside the united states... At this rate, i might just not go home.

Gundam-Dude 10-15-2013 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3996895)
I have to talk to you about me bringing people haha. 2 friends from here are coming potentially, 1 confirmed.

if that's the case we may or may not have to reserve two rooms beside each other instead of one because it's going to be too many people crashing LOL

3lijah 10-17-2013 09:51 PM

Okay so I'm obviously going, and Im trying to get a couple of my friends to go with me too. Either me and company are going to room together in a separate hotel or we bunk with someone else. I'll room with anyone that has room, but not with too many people(past con experiences with too many people led to a lot of problems im too damn old for). So if I get a room, no more than 4 people can bunk with(my two friends already included, so maximum of 7 to 8 people).

Pseudo Enigma 10-22-2013 06:33 AM

mum just walked in my room and asked if I wanted to go to toronto at any point and I explained about AN.

She told me that she would probably go to Toronto for the afternoon then leave and let me do my own thing. I might be able to get a hotel room/weekend pass if someone wants to split the price of a room with me. Our financial state changes freq. though so I can't really make any plans, but it sounds like I'm finally going this year!

dAnceguy117 10-22-2013 08:09 AM

:D :D

xlonenobodyx 10-22-2013 02:31 PM

*raises hand excitedly*

Already have my plans in progress. SO looking forward to going back. Especially after my official three year return this year.
Not going to jump on the hotel just yet. As it tends to get cheaper the closer it gets. Or so Ive noticed in previous years.

Also gotta focus on Con G in February. So there is that first. But I'll be DAMNED if I miss AN for anything. >: 0

dAnceguy117 10-26-2013 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xlonenobodyx (Post 4003755)
*raises hand excitedly*

Already have my plans in progress. SO looking forward to going back. Especially after my official three year return this year.
Not going to jump on the hotel just yet. As it tends to get cheaper the closer it gets. Or so Ive noticed in previous years.

Also gotta focus on Con G in February. So there is that first. But I'll be DAMNED if I miss AN for anything. >: 0

:D

Anyone have any updates? I'm thinking I just want to book at whatever hotel already has the most FFRers.

mellonxcollie 10-26-2013 02:33 PM

@Zeldagurlfan

I am not absolutely certain of my costumes quite yet, especially because these are all pretty ambitious in both time and cost. I want to do at least one of: Sailor Cosmos, Hino Rei (manga schoolgirl outfit), or Wedding Peach. I will probably do Rei/one other since by that point I won't need a wig for Rei. If you do Sailor Moon's costume from season one and I do Sailor Cosmos, we will be her first and final forms!

I second the rave idea too. The rave is hella fun, and we don't need to worry about noise complaints. Also last time we smoked a joint on the way there and just outside, as well as drank at the hotel before. I'm sure we reeked of alcohol and weed but nobody seemed to care despite the "security" table. We didn't try to bring any in with us though for obvious reasons, so that's the one benefit of having a hotel party I guess. But the rave is funny even sober so DEFINITELY RAVE NEXT YEAR!~

Also I am not sure what's going on with my friends this year in terms of hotels, but I might be down to room with some FFR people.