Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So I went to church tonight.... (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=101177)

Tokzic 10-10-2008 03:25 AM

Re: So I went to church tonight....

Quote:

Originally Posted by hahaujusdied (Post 2835361)
I disagree... I mission to people because I want them to see what I see, to experience what I do in my faith, because I have been blessed, and I want them to be too... but it is their choice and im not signing them to a contract..

Missioning is a ridiculous notion. People make decisions for themselves, by themselves. If they want to know about your religion, they'll find information on it, and explore it as a possibility. Don't shove thoughts down people's throats.

Necros140606 10-10-2008 03:26 AM

just by looking at all the evil the religions have been doing throughtout the history, even if i were an alien secretely watching over the earth for 2000 years, even if i did not understand the idea of god and watsover, i could easily tell how religion, brings HATRED, is an excuse to WAR, RACISM, INTOLLERANCE. some religious would not and did not hesitate to BURN people when they are themselves burned by the holy spirit of faith... religion is definitely EVIL.

GuidoHunter 10-10-2008 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros140606 (Post 2835380)
just by looking at all the evil sex has been doing throughtout the history, even if i were an alien secretely watching over the earth for 2000 years, even if i did not understand the idea of coitus and watsover, i could easily tell how sex, brings HATRED, is an excuse to WAR, RACISM, INTOLLERANCE. some cuckolds would not and did not hesitate to BURN people when they are themselves cuckolded... sex is definitely EVIL.

Clearly, we need to abolish sex.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afrombean (Post 2835340)
But then are you saying that the Big Bang CREATED matter/energy (under the argument that they're that malleable a form)? My understanding on it has always been that what there is what there is, and the Big Bang was merely a super expansion of all that there is from a point of singularities of sorts.

Meh. The difference of opinion I think is that I think you're saying the Big Bang created something and I'm thinking that all that was already existed and the Big Bang just exploded it all out.

I think I'm just going a step farther in asking where that singularity came from. The Big Bang itself is indeed just the expansion from the singularity; my point was that whether you look at it as an explosion of the tiny ball of matter/energy or just an explosion of energy is effectively equivalent. Either way you have an ourpouring of energy from a limitless source which can neither be described nor predicted.

--Guido

http://andy.mikee385.com

Afrobean 10-10-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuidoHunter (Post 2835545)
I think I'm just going a step farther in asking where that singularity came from. The Big Bang itself is indeed just the expansion from the singularity; my point was that whether you look at it as an explosion of the tiny ball of matter/energy or just an explosion of energy is effectively equivalent. Either way you have an ourpouring of energy from a limitless source which can neither be described nor predicted.

Yeah, but that's just an extension of the fact that we know nothing of "before" the Big Bang and likely never will.

MystictheHedgehog 10-10-2008 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necros140606 (Post 2835353)
now let me tell you another thing. missionaries today conformed to the modern world, so they appear as smiling saviors sent to teach the ignorant duders. heh. what about this. this is the biggest sign of arrogance of a secolar establishment towards a group of people. missionaries are just like those guys who stop you in the mid of the street and convince you to sign a life insurance contract. gimme a break. they're just trying to expand the religion everywhere not because it is right or it is useful to those populations (nay, it sometimes brings more evil than good, destroying their social organization and beliefs, therefore only causing chaos), but because they're in a constant fight with other religions and against miscredents in general. religion feeds on the mind of its prey. it will fall once people will start thinking with their own head, and this is partially happening right now.

Your ignorance is showing with the missionaries statement buddy. I agree with you on one thing, those pricks who stand in the middle of the streets and condemn you to hell unless you take his fliers are ridiculous. But missionaries? Do you even know what one actually does? Do you think they go, gather up a tribe, and immediately do the thing that bullhorn guy does in the middle of the streets? My previous experiences with a mission work, is the missionary goes over to some area where Christianity has not been heard, and lives there for a while, learning the language, making friends, and slowly mentioning it to the friends they are making.

And that missionaries are doing it because of some battle with other religions, that is plain retarded. Yeah Sally, let's go and leave everything we know and love, go to a 3rd world country, live there for 10 years, risk our lives other religions are forbidden to be mentioned by some law by the government. Yeah, they are totally doing it because they hate other religions.

Quote:

that recklessly killed millions of people more than any war ever.
Love to hear your facts on this one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tokzic (Post 2835378)
Missioning is a ridiculous notion. People make decisions for themselves, by themselves. If they want to know about your religion, they'll find information on it, and explore it as a possibility. Don't shove thoughts down people's throats.

The whole point of Missioning is spreading your religion to those who haven't heard it yet. Not to go and inform Bob down the street that he is going to hell. This is called witnessing. Witnessing, though similar, is not being a missionary.

And nice generalization at the end, that all missionaries are trying to shove religion down your throat. With the exception of bullhorn guy that stands in the middle of streets, religious people don't try to shove it down your throat. In fact, a lot of people in this area are scared as crap to mention religion to anyone, even their best friends, because they may take it as "shoving down their throat"

devonin 10-10-2008 01:20 PM

I had such hopes for this thread. Ah well, now we know why religion is generally not a topic that lasts long in this forum.

Hey Tass, can you rig me up a private forum to be as to CT what FFYa is the TGB? Please?