Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Post one "Did ya know" fact about yourself. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119075)

Velocity 06-2-2011 05:46 PM

Re: Post one "Did ya know" fact about yourself.

Did you know that all my programming knowledge comes from hacking games.

Mans0n 06-2-2011 05:47 PM

Did you know I haven't smoked any weed today!?! Holy shit I'm proud of myself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3479220)
Did you know that all my programming knowledge comes from hacking games.

lmfao wat is this i dont even

blindreper1179 06-2-2011 05:48 PM

did you know that i've snorted jello powder, sprinkles, wasabi, guacamole, and crumbled brownie. (and no cocaine, thanks)

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 3479223)
did you know that i've snorted wasabi (and no cocaine, thanks)

why

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 06:01 PM

NYC is still baller -- it just doesn't have to be Wall St. In many Wall St gigs you'll find yourself working long hours. Wake up at ass-thirty in the morning, go to work, and leave the building when it's dark out later, sleep (or try to), and repeat. Cue the health problems and existential crises.

While at work, you'll encounter some bright, fun people but also plenty of complete douchebags and those who will throw blame at one another because taking responsibility is oftentimes too risky. Everything usually comes down to that high-variance bonus, and it's extremely addicting to suddenly have that massive influx of money.

It almost feels like a grotesque MMO to me. People grind for the higher numbers for the sake of having the higher numbers. You don't really have a lot of extra time to actually put the numbers to any use.

Or, you can take the optimal hypersmoothing route out, which is what I am trying to do. Earn just enough to cover expenses and have enough left over to buy whatever the hell you want, but not so much that you'll go crazy and burn down the house. That way you get a perfect balance between time, money, utility, expectations, mental/physical health, and social life. I've seriously put a lot of thought into this, and I can safely say that very few on Wall St do the same.

Yeah, you can argue that nabbing a $500k+ gig would be amazing, but honestly I don't need that to be happy, nor would I want to work my ass off to even qualify for that. I just want a fun, challenging job, lots of free time, enough money to cover my loans and rent (cumulatively about $3k/month), and enough left over to blow on fun dinners and new computers and an occasional vacation/trip wherever I want in the world. I don't need fancy houses/cars/etc.

blindreper1179 06-2-2011 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3479224)
why

someone had extra at lunch, and told me to do it because it was really hot. Well, it's not. at least through your nose.

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 06:09 PM

Let's say I land a $300k+ gig by age 25 (as many of my upperclassmen from 04-06 are getting). Would it be reasonable to switch jobs (to something more hobby oriented) by age 35?

I don't know.. I had that same initial thought as well. I wouldn't want to be stuck in those long work hours for 10+ years.

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 06:13 PM

You can always switch to something hobby-oriented whenever you want. The fallacy people fall into is that you NEED $100k-300k and higher for some weird reason. You could earn $80k/yr in Manhattan and still be just fine -- hell, you could probably get by with $50k if you didn't have debt coming out of college.

It all depends on your goals and what kind of lifestyle you want to lead. Personally, life's too short to waste working long hours. Money has diminishing returns once you establish financial security.

BeatofIke 06-2-2011 06:29 PM

Do you know that I don't work and I'm freakin 20 years old? Try beating that.

Zageron 06-2-2011 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatofIke (Post 3479250)
Do you know that I don't work and I'm freakin 20 years old? Try beating that.

How much do you weight, where do you live, and how rich are your parents?

.-.

bmah 06-2-2011 06:34 PM

Yesterday evening, I went to the U2 360 concert. Very cool.

Gigispackles 06-2-2011 06:41 PM

Did ya know I never played any game from another console other than Nintendo until I was 19? Parents were religious and called everything demonic, even Pokemon and some robots from Megaman. Never played a 1st person shooter until then, either.

iironiic 06-2-2011 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigispackles (Post 3479258)
Did ya know I never played any game from another console other than Nintendo until I was 19? Parents were religious and called everything demonic, even Pokemon and some robots from Megaman. Never played a 1st person shooter until then, either.

Really?! Same here! D: I started playing PC 1st person shooters at a younger age though.

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 07:05 PM

I started out on Wolf3d and Doom when I was like 6 -- represent

DossarLX ODI 06-2-2011 07:14 PM

Did you know that I drink coffee in the night

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 07:16 PM

Intriguing.

Spenner 06-2-2011 07:19 PM

Did you know I have an intense Depersonalization Disorder that makes me feel high or tripping almost all the time :D :D :D though at times it's really scary, I literally forget what being alive is and what a human is and when I look in the mirror I feel like I'm seeing a total stranger. also i"m kinda drunk hi

also heres somethign you didn't know:: I'm camping out in my backyard tonight ;)

Sephiroth28 06-2-2011 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 3479283)
also heres somethign you didn't know:: I'm camping out in my backyard tonight ;)

Haha. I used to do this all the time.

Tidus810 06-2-2011 07:34 PM

Did you know I'm 50% Portuguese? o.O

xharumoni 06-2-2011 07:37 PM

Did ya know that I play the violin?