Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Touhou Project (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=43257)

Drayen 07-11-2006 12:32 PM

Re: Touhou Project

damn is there a way to change the controls in immaterial and missing power? i HATE having to use YGJN keys to move and QWER to attack, why cant it be the arrow keys? t.t

touhouwiki says it should be the numpad keys and ZXCV -.-

also how do you use your spellcards grr

Moogy 07-11-2006 02:04 PM

To change the controls in IaMP, run Config.exe. On an English Windows, you may need to run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

Drayen 07-11-2006 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogy
To change the controls in IaMP, run Config.exe. On an English Windows, you may need to run it in Windows 98 compatibility mode.

i figured i needed to run config.exe, however when i double click it doesnt do anything. I'm guessing i need to run it in windows 98 compatibility mode, how do i do that though?

Moogy 07-11-2006 03:10 PM

arcade_hitman 07-11-2006 03:11 PM

yea, I still think immaterial is a pain in the ass on keyboard......that's why I have a game pad.

Yesssss 07-11-2006 03:26 PM

Wow. This topic is half video games, half simfiles.
brb still steppin

malice2 07-11-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yesssss
Wow. This topic is half video games, half simfiles.
brb still steppin

its the diversity of toho.
btw, for IaMP, i use ASZX lol default controls for me

and yea, old version of SM works good for placing more than 50 notes in one measure. only problem is i havta used to get to the old settings and ****

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drayen
also how do you use your spellcards grr

uh, down down w/e button you hold down for dash. this is when you have a bar of magic at the bottom. to actually USE them (you choose 2, you can use only one per round as many times as you want till you have no more bars of magic.), uh downleft dash button i think. brb checking.
EDIT: yea, downleft dash

sonicbhoc 07-11-2006 07:13 PM

Why would you need over 50 notes in one measure!? What are you stepping...

Also, StepMania 4.0 is really something else. It's cool but it needs themes. Maybe we could make a theme to go with this thing for SM4? That would so totally own! Yeah! Now all we need is a themer and someone who can mess with the .xml files and stuff... I'm too busy trying to do my simfiles AND learn programming Java AND leveling up in SpaceCowboy AND (of course) trying to not suck at the first 3 levels of IN and PCB.

Drayen 07-11-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moogy
image lol

love <3

malice2 07-12-2006 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonicbhoc
Why would you need over 50 notes in one measure!? What are you stepping...

hands. and the fact that the way its layered (which actually isnt that bad) requires many arrows.

btw, BPM is 47

arcade_hitman 07-12-2006 10:54 PM

uploaded megamari
http://www.ddrgeek.com/HitmansHardcore/Megamari.rar
great megaman-ish game but really hard >_>

dascookieman 07-12-2006 10:59 PM

I love you

NuclearShadow 07-12-2006 11:17 PM

are there any good sims out yet for this stuff?

dascookieman 07-12-2006 11:20 PM

Bennys are good

sonicbhoc 07-12-2006 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuclearShadow
are there any good sims out yet for this stuff?

It's not out yet. We were just instructed to make stuff and send it to Arcade_Hitman. I think my songs are pretty good though, for a beginner anyway. I know my BPM and OFFSETs are correct though, and that's a really really good start. I just suck horribly at making Heavy steps because... well, I don't play heavy. I play standard, and I used to play light. So I can make steps for those. But I, unfortunately, suck at making heavy steps that aren't for keyboard.

Oh yeah, if anybody could give me pointers on making Heavy steps I'd appreciate it.

arcade_hitman 07-12-2006 11:52 PM

just practice and you'll get good soon enough, send me some stuff and I might be able to give some pointers to improve (good pointers if these are pad steps and "meh" ones if it's keyboard :/)

sonicbhoc 07-13-2006 05:44 AM

I'm doing pad steps for Light, Standard and Heavy. I might, if I have time, do Challenge mode steps for Keyboard. My main issue is coming up with advanced step patterns (as in, the placement of the arrows, you know, like hitting 1,2, and then jumping to 4. not really advanced but it confuses people sometimes).

sonicbhoc 07-13-2006 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by malice2
btw, BPM is 47

1) Multiply BPM by 2
2) Use half the amount of notes a measure
3) ???
4) PROFIT.

Well, that's what I'd do, but I'm not sure what song you're doing or what specifically you're trying to accomplish with 47 bpm.

JOYH-TV is made of WIN. Almost as much WIN as Masayoshi Minoshima.

Yeah, I'll stop talking about him now, you're probably like "OMG SHUT UP ABOUT THAT GUY NOW."

And my greatest combo (spellcards not included) in IaMP was like 3. I suck. I can't use Youmu for crap and I'm only marginally good with Reimu, but I'm ok with Marisa. I couldn't use Alice to save my life.

I am having a little turbulence here, I figure that I'm trying to make my files draw from too many sources for guidelines and tips. So, screw conformity, I'm going to do these things the way I think is right. Which may be wrong, and which may completely suck.

Also, I might do a different version of Border of Life (I might do the version by Worry, it might be better to step, I'm trying to plot it in my head. Heck, if I have time I may do both, just because they're both awesome.)

Somebody needs to do a Phantom Ensamble song. Why? Because everything that has touhou in it has a remix of that song in it somewhere! XP

arcade_hitman 07-13-2006 04:08 PM

added MarisaLand
http://www.ddrgeek.com/HitmansHardco...MarisaLand.rar
mario clone ftw

I think I only have one other worthwhile game to post :/ brb with touhou strip poker

Zaghurim 07-13-2006 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arcade_hitman
touhou strip poker

I don't know if I should laugh or cry, but I'm definitely going to try that out.