Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

devonin 06-1-2009 11:16 AM

Re: World of Warcraft

And a lot of the scary fight mechanics that require quick reactions don't ever target the main tank anyway.

tsugomaru 06-1-2009 07:54 PM

FUUUUUUUUSION...

~Tsugomaru

Squeek 06-1-2009 07:54 PM

WHY IS MIMIRON SO DAMN HARD.

This is ridiculous. There should not be a napalm that can kill someone RIGHT BEFORE AN ABILITY THAT DOES 20,000 DAMAGE A SECOND. If you're putting an ability in the game that requires all three healers to spam their fastest heals right away on the tank, don't let the boss use an ability that forces one healer to focus on another target during that time.

The design flaws on this boss are just tremendous. I'm glad they're nerfing him, but they're nerfing the wrong things. The mines aren't the problem, though they are annoying. The rocket strike isn't a problem, though it is annoying. The problem is that the damn boss chains abilities.

50+ wipes already. Getting SERIOUSLY frustrated. When you can easily one-shot every other boss in the zone, there is no reason to have a boss be THIS ****ING HARD.

Gano 06-1-2009 08:43 PM

Woo Mimi 25 down, now Vezax.

ImEric12 06-1-2009 10:25 PM

Squeek, you complain too much. Every raid has trouble with things, it doesn't mean it's a design flaw. They designed it exactly as intended. You were saying the same things about Hodir 'til you downed him =p

Rocket strike IS a problem in phase 4 (though the mines aren't, not really sure why they nerfed that) because sometimes it will target the tank, leaving no visible sign whatsoever because the whole red thing is engulfed in mimiron.

Edit: raiding now, we just got all 3 of Mimiron(25)'s pieces down to 15% in p4... soo close!

Grandiagod 06-1-2009 10:43 PM

Pretty sure they're going to nerf Mimiron.

Grandiagod 06-1-2009 10:45 PM

Yeah

Quote:

Ulduar - Mimiron

* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

Squeek 06-2-2009 12:30 AM

We knew about those nerfs. Those nerfs are not affecting the things that are killing us.

The boss should not be allowed to use two abilities at the same time. That's the problem we're having. How can you channel an ability while casting another? That's not fair.

Solid Dreams 06-2-2009 12:48 AM

The blessing of Wisdom still gets overwritten by the friggin totem. :(

Tokzic 06-2-2009 12:48 AM

Because technically it's three different mobs.

Today was a good WoW day.

Thorim 25 down.

Thorim 10 Hard down (one-shotted, no less).

8)

Tokzic 06-2-2009 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3093645)
The boss should not be allowed to use two abilities at the same time. That's the problem we're having. How can you channel an ability while casting another? That's not fair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandiagod (Post 3093545)
Ulduar - Mimiron

* The flight time of Rocket Strikes has been increased, and Rocket Strikes will try to prefer players at range.
* The Leviathan Mk II component of the V-07-TR-0N will become stunned during Phase 4 when the VX-001 component begins to cast the P3Wx2 Laser Barrage ability.
* Proximity mines now deal less damage and have a lower duration. A small arming time has also been added so proximity mines will not immediately detonate on creation.

Quote:

We knew about those nerfs. Those nerfs are not affecting the things that are killing us.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grandiagod (Post 3093545)

i.e. yes it is affecting the primary thing you care about

Squeek 06-2-2009 12:59 AM

We haven't gotten to phase 4.

So no, we don't care about that (yet).

He is throwing Napalm while using Plasma as he casts Shock. That should not happen.

We consider ourselves lucky if we can even get to Phase 3. Not once have we gotten to phase 3 with all 10 people alive.

rade0110 06-2-2009 10:53 AM

Any of you guys play Alliance on Kilrogg by chance? There is a group of like 5 of us that want to server transfer because frankly my server sucks. There are two serious raid guilds on Alliance side and half the people in them are straight up assholes.

Tokzic 06-2-2009 11:00 AM

If you're looking to transfer, check out http://www.dauntlessones.com/ and see if my guild's not to your liking.

otcblackpanther 06-2-2009 12:54 PM

Most best in slots, yes, I just wanted to show off..
The fight was Grand Widow, and thats not my best screenshot either.
(Has cleared through Uld 10 and 25, working on hard modes atm. Guild is Unholy Trinity of Burning Blade
www.ut-guild.net

ImEric12 06-2-2009 01:10 PM

Quote:

Brb, channelling Starfall while wrath spamming your ass. And I'm not even a Boss mob. I don't think you get to decide what's fair in pve content =p

Ground_Breaker 06-2-2009 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3093668)
He is throwing Napalm while using Plasma as he casts Shock. That should not happen.

No, it shouldn't. He usually uses Shock right after a Plasma blast when we fight him, but never at the same time. However, I think Napalm definitely can be dealt with alongside Plasma blast.

We always bring a paladin tank (me) and two Disc priests for him, as it allows me to use Divine Protection on the first Plasma, and the two priests to use Pain Suppression for the other two. Huge damage reduction like that allows for our healers to be able to successfully divide their attention for Napalm'd people. I assume a warrior tank could use Shield Wall for the same effect, and Holy priest(s) could be substituted for one or both Disc priests for Guardian Spirits.

We also found that it's possible for me to hit Divine Shield when I get a Plasma, and have our OT taunt and tank him until the Plasma is finished casting, because once it's cast, it can only hit that target. We tried that a few times, and although it worked, we found that it was too hectic for the healers anyway.

Plasma blast does 120k damage.

1st - Divine Protection (50% reduction) = 60k - the 42000ish health your tank should have = you should only have to do 20-25k healing on the tank just to keep him up through Plasma blast, and that's like what, two holy light non-crits?

2nd/3rd - Pain Suppression (40% reduction) = 78k - 42000ish = 36k which, again, is easy to heal through

All that having been said though, we still have trouble with it somehow, so we're bringing 4 healers in next time we try him since it's a one-tank fight.

Squeek 06-2-2009 04:46 PM

I'm not saying we're having problems with Phase 1. It's just annoying.

We almost always have someone die during Phase 1 or 2, which is a wipe every time because there's no way to win once someone dies.

We've gotten accustomed to hearthing out during the phase transition because we know we're going to lose.

tsugomaru 06-2-2009 06:31 PM

Once again Tokzic, I play a Horde character. Even if I transferred my Horde character to your server, I wouldn't be able to play with you and that's no fun.

~Tsugomaru

rade0110 06-2-2009 09:38 PM

Tokzic, I would consider it but you aren't recruiting mages it appears and my druid is only 74. Plus I'm not too sure how good of a healer I would be considering I've never played one :(