Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

bmah 10-30-2011 12:28 AM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Suggestion once again!

There are a number of random thoughts on my profile that I'd like to preserve, but do not want at the top of my wall of thoughts. Is it possible to move random thoughts up or down other random thoughts?
I'd like to keep some thoughts for my own records, but they're currently irrelevant - so I'd like to shift them down (or hide them) to reflect which thoughts are of higher priority for others to see.

Currently, the only way to "shift" any thought is to delete another, and everything else moves up one.

To summarize, manually organizing the placement of your random thoughts would be VERY helpful.

Emithith 10-30-2011 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3559282)
Suggestion once again!

There are a number of random thoughts on my profile that I'd like to preserve, but do not want at the top of my wall of thoughts. Is it possible to move random thoughts up or down other random thoughts?
I'd like to keep some thoughts for my own records, but they're currently irrelevant - so I'd like to shift them down (or hide them) to reflect which thoughts are of higher priority for others to see.

Currently, the only way to "shift" any thought is to delete another, and everything else moves up one.

To summarize, manually organizing the placement of your random thoughts would be VERY helpful.

YES
THIS.
I was gonna suggest the ability to move around the features (Like Random Thoughts can be moved down, and comment wall can be moved to go on the left side, etc etc.)

Ziergdsx18 10-30-2011 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrawnSkunk (Post 3559190)
Heuh heuh, can't wait until token payouts. $_$

I don't think many people have said this yet, but thank you both kayla and velocity for making this event possible!!
I had so much fun doing this. combined with a bit (a lot) of frustration :3

*whispers* psss....wrong thread hehu :3

yo man im awesome 11-3-2011 02:31 PM

Along with my idea for full site custom themes for variation, I think we should have an ongoing tournaments sidebar.

This could go below the Profile Chat bar, and it would display either name, or a shortened banner of some sort clearly depicting that specific tournament.

This way people won't forget about their tournaments, it's a nice addition, and, well, the left sidebar still isn't quite full yet.

Also, maybe try allowing the ability to have tourney hosts set up automated warning messages show up when you have, say 24hrs left in a round? Sort of like the automated poll close option, except it would send out a message to all players in that specific tourney. (Host can list all names in a "recipants" box, like with PMs.

YoshL 11-3-2011 03:23 PM

Suggestion : change up the captcha, so that those profile bots can't get in ;-;

Netjet! 11-3-2011 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3561675)
Suggestion : change up the captcha, so that those profile bots can't get in ;-;

The profile bots are annoying but I'm not sure how much we can change to make a major difference. The mods delete bots as they see them though, and they keep track. If you see one, make sure to PM a mod or report the user, and it'll be dealt with. :D

Emithith 11-3-2011 03:52 PM

They're really funny and it takes like 3s to delete their comment. *shrug*
But I think the forums needs a facelift of sorts.

edit:
How about instead of it loading the levelranks every time you pull up the main menu (this is what you said in response to sorting by highest/lowest rank) you make it so there is a "Sync" button that synchronizes the Level Ranks to the game in order to sort the songs by rank. If the Sync button hasn't been pressed make it do nothing. (Or even have a message box pop up saying "Sync button has not been pressed!")

edit2: Also, how about a line at the bottom of the levalranks page that adds up the total for each column
example:(Score P G A M B C Played
3,900,000,000 324843 149045 84583 18280 483759 4030)

PrawnSkunk 11-6-2011 05:41 PM

A mod to turn on that ... slapping sound ... that plays whenever you hit an arrow.

Plan_Bsk81127 11-6-2011 06:05 PM

assist tick?

XCV 11-6-2011 06:35 PM

When you don't beat your PR on Velo's engine, keep the new rank from temporarily overwriting your old one.

iironiic 11-7-2011 07:40 AM

Maybe have collaborated files appear on your profile (acknowledging the other person) along with your stepped songs?

justin_ator 11-7-2011 10:04 AM

That's only been mentioned a thousand times you crazy azn. ;P

It'd be cool but I've kinda lost hope on them figuring out how to do that. Perhaps they could be manually added?
I came up with a list of collab files.

Code:

1340        Misc                Twilight Jewel                                OSTER Project                            behanjc & stargroup100
1201        Dance 2        3020                                        DJS vs KgZ                            bluguerrilla & coolboyrulez0       
1311        Secret                Red Wings Over Baron                        Powerglove                            bluguerrilla & HighAndr0id
1115        Misc                Integraation                                Venetian Snares                            bluguerrilla & SulferDragon
1393        Secret                Puzzle                                        Paraoka                                    bmah & leonid
1103        Misc                WAIWAI230                                Paraoka                                    bmah & Rebirth0
1433        Arcade                Gene Gadget Zone - Act 1                Richard Jacques                            bmah & TC_Cyrenics
707        Misc                Choprite                                Venetian Snares                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & angelheadedhpst
702        Misc                Chlorophyll                                Venetian Snares                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & gnr61
604        Misc                Epidermis                                Venetian Snares                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & justaguy
333        Skill Token        Tribal Style                                KaW                                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & shortysnmn2010
385        Skill Token        PLANETZ                                        DJ Sharpnel                            Brilliant Dynamite Neon & skorpion9x
465        Dance 2                None Would Escape                        Nosrac                                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & TheRaiRaiEatsBalloons
389        Skill Token        Luna Marionette                                AKHT                                    Brilliant Dynamite Neon & Zaghurim
1210        Dance                Lady's Cake                                DarkbearX                            DarkbearX & HammyMcSquirrel
1423        Secret                Grocery Escape Plan                        Psychostick                            dore & bluguerilla
1287        Rock                Blindfolds Aside                        Protest The Hero                    dore & Brilliant Dynamite Neon
1542        Rock                Toxic                                        A Static Lullaby                    DossarLX ODI & qqwref
1535        Purchased        mutant corecore                                Padlock                                    DossarLX ODI & t-rogdor
716        Rock                Devotion and Desire                        Bayside                                    DrugstoreCowboy & bluguerrilla
784        Rock                Build God, Then We'll Talk [Heavy]        Panic! At the Disco                    DrugstoreCowboy & bluguerrilla
936        Rock                Eradication                                All Shall Perish                    ElectricWerewolf & bluguerrilla
1341        Skill Token        Big Blue v2                                S.S.H.                                    hi19hi19 & Shashakiro
1127        Misc                Here's To Life [Oni]                        Bandits of the Acoustic Revolution  Kailure, DrugstoreCowboy, & bluguerrilla
1217        Misc                Church Bells                                Xi                                    Kinx & HighAndr0id
1403        Skill Token        Marisa Stole the Precious Thing                IOSYS OS                            Kinx & jimerax
1266        Misc                Bus Rides With People                        Wisp                                    kommisar & Bluguerrilla
334        Skill Token        Battle Ax                                Onoken                                    macgravel & Exag0n
1523        Classical        Papyrus's Adventure                        ORANGENTLE                            Niala & bmah
288        Dance                DT Rabbit Blood Festival                DJ Sharpnel                            pokelda & Cyanite
1424        Hip-Hop                I Remember When                                Lisa Lavie                            psychoangel691 & TC_Halogen
1386        Misc                Skeletor                                Bong-Ra                                    Psychozerosk8er & bluguerrilla
305        Token                Bike Thief (Tubeway Remix)                Freezepop                            Rebirth0 & Vote4Nixon
1374        Rock                Bury the Hatchet                        Protest the Hero                    samurai7694 & Coolboyrulez0
1514        Dance 2                Interlude                                Attack Attack!                            samurai7694 & qqwref
986        Token                Sicilian Sun                                OSTER Project                            scottish & jimerax
909        Misc                101 Kittens                                Cranky                                    Stargroup100 & bmah
414        Secret                Mute City Remix                                KgZ                                    SulferDragon & Brilliant Dynamite Neon
1440        Rock                Thrash the Plank                        SnappleMan                          T-Force & Niala
1449        Dance 2                A Quick Death                                Kkrusty                                    who_cares973 & Coolboyrulez0
1413        Dance 2                R/\IN                                        t+pazolite                            _.Spitfire._ & bluguerrilla

Alignment is a bitch.

Emo_Saur_ 11-7-2011 10:08 AM

a 'resubmit' button just so in case your song doesn't record you can just do it right there instead of it manually being added.

Emithith 11-7-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emo_Saur_ (Post 3563967)
a 'resubmit' button just so in case your song doesn't record you can just do it right there instead of it manually being added.

This would be nicer than having a bunch of avgs instead of say 11-0-0-1 on a song.. +1

justin_ator 11-7-2011 06:04 PM

List is aligned :3 that took forever rofl

reuben_tate 11-7-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelle (Post 3564341)
If someone joins forums for the first time - it's all backwards so the newest post is the first post they see. I dunno - could you change that so the first post they see is the oldest?

This might explain why so many newbs (no offense) miss the OP. I think it's more intuitive for the first post they see to be the OP.

bmah 11-7-2011 11:18 PM

Isn't that a function of the vBulletin mechanisms? For people who are used to the forum, I definitely would want to see the latest unread post, but perhaps newbies should be redirected somehow.

justin_ator 11-7-2011 11:37 PM

I think he's more referring to the fact that the forums are arranged in linear order vs reverse linear order for when the posts were made. I know I set it to show Page 1 post 1 = the Original Post of the thread. If you don't, then page 1 becomes the most recent posts, and that's the default for the forums currently when you make an account I believe.

raskanally 11-8-2011 11:01 AM

this is not on the forum topic, but is it possible to make the standalone version of the velocity MP engine have the MP lobby to the side rather then on the bottom?
i personally think it would feel more like a normal game lobby with it on the side, and then the window could be resized accordingly for the wider then tall monitor screens.
i dont know how much code would be involved in this so if its not feasible thats fine.

Emithith 11-8-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hazelle (Post 3564555)
Yeah, this is actually why i suggested it - what made me think of it was the official ffr tournament thread. So many of the same questions from the newer forum members...and then it dawned on me. They don't see the OP automatically.

That can easily just be fixed by making it show only the first post.