Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

Necamus 05-26-2009 03:56 PM

Re: World of Warcraft

You clearly didn't read it very thoroughly.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Profession#Bo...ain_Profession

Just read down the second column of the table.

Examples: Blacksmith gets two extra sockets, inscription gets shoulder enchants, enchanting gets ring enchants, etc.

devonin 05-26-2009 05:53 PM

I was thinking I'd be most likely to go into blacksmithing. Because 1: More sockets is good, and 2: More sockets while a JC is -really- good, and 3: I can do a whole bunch of mining in advance before I drop it, and save some cash.

Plus, making plate gear means that any recipes I pick up in Ulduar for example, or in future patches/content I can actually make and use for myself. (As opposed to taking LW or Tailoring etc)

Squeek 05-26-2009 10:10 PM

5 Ulduar achievements tonight =D

Dwarfaggedon - I soloed this as I was late to the first fight for our raid and just popped into another instance myself. I didn't need loot from FL anyway. The rest of the raid got Orbital Bombardment. We're doing two towers next week.

Nerf Engineering
Nerf Gravity Bombs
Must Deconstruct Faster

We owned XT. No contest. Once he was in heart phase, he wasn't out of heart phase for the rest of the fight. We were attempting to activate hard mode but we were just shy at 5%. When he dropped out of heart phase, he was already below his HP for heart phase #2, so he just dropped it again and we burned him down another 20%, which brought him below ANOTHER heart phase.

But I'm On Your Side - Just forgot to do it until this run. Easily done.

Six bosses down on night one. Tomorrow we're doing Auriaya and the first three Watchers, then spending as much time as possible on Mimiron.

tsugomaru 05-26-2009 11:57 PM

I really don't know what's going on with my guild or server. It seems that everyone has stopped doing Ulduar for some reason. I'd log on and check my guild tab to see if there's enough for Ulduar. All our pve people are not online. I check LFG to see if there are any Ulduar groups looking for healers. None. I look in /who to see if there's anyone in Ulduar. None.

I haven't done a good raid in 3 weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves because I really haven't done anything besides dailies. I tried running with a couple Naxx 10 pugs, but they are all ridiculous. Half of the raid usually doesn't know what's going on and they are all undergeared. The runs that I do with my tank usually last one wing and end after there because our healers are just unable to heal through this raid. At least on my priest, it's a little better. I've done a run where we cleared four wings with relatively no trouble. However, when we approach Saph, it was where our raid completely died. People kept dying because they didn't stand behind iceblocks. In our best and fourth attempt, our top 2 dps died at the beginning because they didn't stand behind the iceblocks. The other healer forgot to heal himself while standing in a blizzard and died. I solo healed for 9 minutes and that's when we had to wipe it because our decurser died and Saph was gaining more hp than losing.

~Tsugomaru

Tokzic 05-27-2009 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsugomaru (Post 3087093)
I haven't done a good raid in 3 weeks and it's starting to get on my nerves because I really haven't done anything besides dailies.

come to my server~

tsugomaru 05-27-2009 01:19 AM

On my undead characters.

Server transfers cost $25 per character, meaning it'd cost $50 for me total to move both characters.

~Tsugomaru

Grandiagod 05-27-2009 12:14 PM

Come to MY server, tokzic plays alliance.

But yeah my guild isn't recruiting at all so you can just sit down and jack off.

There are tons of 10 man ulduar pugs though, I know of at least two random pugs that got to vezax last week.

ImEric12 05-28-2009 12:26 AM

Wooo, tonight was awesome.

Went in for 25-man with a hand selected group because our 25-mans have been dragging lately.
1-shot FL + 1 (Mimiron's tower)
1-shot Razor
1-shot Ignis
1-shot XT
2-shot Council because somehow the MT died right at the same time as Steelbreaker and I was the only druid, my brez already used.
1-shot Kologarn
1-shot Auriaya
1-shot Hodir
Debated between going to Thorim or Freya, decided on Freya.
We sucked at the trash, pulled Freya like 4 times by accident while trying to down the Elders, but once we finally got to her we 2-shot her, just in time for the raid to end.

I've known my guild to be capable of this, it's nice to see that with the right composition of people we're amazing. I really wish I could go to tomorrow's raid, because I'm sure we'll have viable shots at Mimiron once Thorim goes down.

BOSS_pjpaveloffga 05-28-2009 12:32 AM

ah at lvl 79 and its going to be my first 80..... what should I start doing once i hit 80? heroic dungeons? daily's? any help is appreciated I have no idea what to do

Squeek 05-28-2009 04:25 AM

Do dailies if you need money. If you aren't exalted with the Sons of Hodir, do their dailies regardless. You need the shoulder enchants. Same with Kirin Tor, but you can get their rep from heroics.

Do heroics if you don't have a guild to carry you through raids. Make a list of all the loot you need and where it comes from.

As for us...

We've cleared all of Ulduar already this week except the unfamiliar territory of the last three bosses, so we're gonna spend as much time as we can tomorrow on Mimiron and hopefully get him down in enough time that we can try Vezax.

I got my t8 gloves, giving me the 2pc bonus. Or I would, if I weren't hit-starved. The t7 gloves have Hit on them and the t8 don't, so I can't swap them out yet. Yay! I need the chest or hat to bring myself back up to a range where I can fill in the last of the Hit with gems and such. The deficit is -64 hit from the old gloves and +4 from the new. Just not possible.

ImEric12 05-28-2009 06:43 AM

Ouch, that's nasty. Yeah, I grabbed some new legs that have haste and hit rather than spirit for my balance set, because no one else wanted them for whatever reason.

Also, for Mimiron, I recommend you have everyone watch the tankspot video on how to do him. There's just too much stuff to explain, it's like trying to explain Lady Vashj, if you've ever fought her. Phases, and tank cooldown rotations, and stuff where you have to know specifically what to do, and ugh. A complex fight.

Sir Psycho 05-28-2009 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3088136)
ohnoes not enough hit

Do you have 20 hit rating to Gloves, Ice Walker on boots and possibly even accuracy on weapon? That's 57 hit rating with those enchants.

Squeek 05-28-2009 09:34 AM

At the loss of a crapton of spellpower.

I thought of dozens of ways to make up the hit, but all of them are a DPS loss due to the enormous drop in spellpower. The 2pc bonus isn't that amazing that I need to swap out all my +32sp gems for +27 hit or swap out all my +sp enchants for +hit ones. I'd rather just wait for the chest/hat to drop.

See, I use trinkets like Mark of the War Prisoner (+73 hit) and Dying Curse (+71 hit) because not only are they hit, they're damage. Yes, there are better trinkets (Illustration of the Dragon Soul...) but the procs on these trinkets are good enough such that I don't really care to switch them out (unless I'm switching them out for a better hit trinket, in which case goodbye Mark, hello Flame. 24 more hit and more SP on use? I can dig it. It's a Razorscale drop too, which means it's only a matter of time before it's mine, as our Uld25 co-guild runs begin this weekend.

I won't be hit-starved once I get all my t8, of course. It's +165 for the t8 and +180 for the t8.5 set. Combined with the 107 and 71 from my trinkets and the 33 from the BiS trinket I already had from the EOE quest, I'm well over regardless of what set I use.

tsugomaru 05-28-2009 09:18 PM

You can do dailies and raise your reputations to exalted. Troll Patrol is good for Argent Dawn rep and the Shadow Vault ones are good for the Knights of the Ebon Blade. You can do heroics to raise the rest. The rep rewards can replace most of the gear you can get in questing if the RNG in heroics screw you over and can't get you better.

If your healer and tank are good, then you can do most heroics out there as a new 80 without much worry. However, if they are not, the easiest heroics to start of with are Violet Hold and Utgarde Keep. Utgarde Pinnacle and Azjol-Nerub would be the next level of heroics.

~Tsugomaru

Solid Dreams 05-28-2009 09:24 PM

I always found UP to be really easy. I think the hardest if you aren't in a decent group would be skadi, obviously, but the rest of it is a cakewalk.

I'd stay away from Oculus or Old Kingdom unless you have gear you really need, just because those two really irritate me.

hellticky 05-28-2009 09:25 PM

warcraft is fun, i have 2 level 80's , one a undead mage the other tauren druid

hellticky 05-28-2009 09:25 PM

with almost the best armor

Tokzic 05-28-2009 10:21 PM

XT-10 hard down.

Took three attempts.

8)

EDIT: Attempt #1 on Thorim Hard: 60%. The tank died.

Necamus 05-28-2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Solid Dreams (Post 3089008)
I'd stay away from Oculus or Old Kingdom unless you have gear you really need, just because those two really irritate me.

With a smart tank, Old Kingdom isn't really that bad.. some of the pulls can be pretty tricky, but you don't really need good DPS there. Except for that last boss where you need to slaughter the add before it reaches the portal thing.

Oculus just sucks. Stay away from it.

Grandiagod 05-28-2009 10:37 PM

Occulus is easy as hell, I mean you don't need good gear, or anything. I mean, just don't bring morons.