Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Postgame Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=149492)

roundbox 07-29-2018 01:07 PM

Re: TWG CLXXIX: The Third FE Mystery Game Postgame Thread

I think we're good now Charu
I get what you're saying

Syhto 07-29-2018 02:17 PM

nice job wolves

dAnceguy117 07-29-2018 04:10 PM

shoutout to jess for playing through this entire game of a bazillion posts. I hope you found it enjoyable enough to come hang out again sometime!!

Xiz 07-29-2018 04:43 PM

Im glad this game ended when it did, I have jurry duty tomorrow lmfao

DaBackpack 07-29-2018 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4637660)
Im glad this game ended when it did, I have jurry duty tomorrow lmfao

more like furry duty

Charu 07-29-2018 05:37 PM

Licking pipes, man.

the sun fan 07-29-2018 06:04 PM

that copypasta was probably a bit over the line btw

the sun fan 07-29-2018 06:22 PM

https://zoom.us/j/338977337

for discussing things about the game

will post points on it afterwords

T-Force 07-29-2018 11:07 PM

A+ zoom chat even if I was paying like 50% attention due to doing a Pokémon prerelease during it, lmao

DaBackpack 07-30-2018 01:01 AM

where are those points

DaBackpack 07-30-2018 01:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezinIce (Post 4637636)
Gj reminding me this exists

Aaaaaaaaaaaa

Also sorry roundbox, I feel garbage about that in retrospect

if you haven't read it you should

Charu 07-30-2018 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4637687)
where are those points

Same

the sun fan 07-30-2018 07:38 AM

minutes:

probably going to make a larger post about how this game could've had less posts

72 hour d0s are never coming back to FFR

people don't like the idea of post restrictions

ITAs seemed ok, purple text seems to be a fine indicator of declaration of shot

events are a little less clear; people had a bunch of different things to say. The anagram event sucked. The portrait event was probably the most well done event.

Didn't talk about balance quite as much as I would've liked. I think that there definitely needed to be more KP but not everyone was in agreement on this one. Would've liked to talk about whether or not any individual roles seemed OP/too weak.

completely split the zoom on whether or not 24 players is too many players for FFR. Some people said its never good, some people said that its only good when the game is well done.

with regards to making larger games more bearable, a few people suggested night starts, but I think most everyone else didn't like that idea. An interesting idea was games that have OOTC, but nonwolves aren't allowed to private message other players. I'd be interested to see how that idea plays out.

phase end times are obviously going to be different from everyone, but maybe pushing them at least an hour ahead would be better in the future. A very good idea is in the signups thread, having people vote in a vBulletin poll at the top about when they want phase ends to be would be a great implementation.

people still like Matrix6 for jTWG.

the sun fan 07-30-2018 07:39 AM

I think I am fine hosting the jTWG, but I do believe a turbo could also be run at the same time. As a reminder, current FFR rules do not allow players to play in multiple games on FFR at the same time.

Charu 07-30-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4637703)
probably going to make a larger post about how this game could've had less posts

In your dreams, I'll post as much as I want, sunny!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4637703)
72 hour d0s are never coming back to FFR

I agree. I've been thinking actually that d0's should be 24 hours and then have the meat of the game be 48 hours that would go back to 24 once a certain player number has been reached.

the sun fan 07-30-2018 08:08 AM

also, the promotion system sucked

Charu 07-30-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4637706)
also, the promotion system sucked

I think the idea was fine. But I think sticking it in with the items was a bad move. Maybe some other type of event that's specifically for promoting? That would mean every character would have to have promotions then, lol.

inDheart 07-30-2018 09:13 AM

my notes/questions that i'd care about having since i was barely listening (also as someone who obv didn't play the game)

post restrictions how? like minimums?

imo i would do bold purple or sth for visibility for ITAs

seems like some number of kp/cycle was locked behind promotion? so it was at least part of the design, just not fully realized. i remember some of this chat and wanna emphasize that every kill you put in town's hands is effectively an extra lynch. it's subject to variance, but it does let town work at eliminating wolfy people in general, gets flips and generally accelerates things. multiple lynch mechanics got talked about a bit and i think the one i liked the sound of the most is if you have a day with double lynches, you need to insta to hit the first one (perhaps at latest, 6 hours out from eod?) and only then do you get the second one. i've seen the "top two wagons get lynched at eod" variant x number of times and it's ok

i...really dunno what that ootc idea is supposed to mean? just a game with a public chat on discord? why the exception for nonwolves; you could just say wolfchat is the exception

and i'd recommend backup6 > matrix6 but i get if people don't like it. MS has since replaced matrix6 as the newbie setup but the new one appears to be Problematic tee em

mellonxcollie 07-30-2018 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4637711)
i...really dunno what that ootc idea is supposed to mean? just a game with a public chat on discord? why the exception for nonwolves; you could just say wolfchat is the exception

This was kinda mine and Flash flash's idea. We noticed this game that people make a lot of one line and/or multiple thought-flowy posts in the thread, and also lots of one-on-one conversations that might have been interesting but didn't lead to many conclusions.

we thought about having a Discord for those type of posts, while the thread is meant for more serious/substantial posts. That way if someone is trying to catch up on just the juicy parts of the game, they can read the thread much more easily and be caught up on main points. Then, when/if people have time they can either dig into the logs or interact with people in real time to catch up on the discord

The idea of no PMing is to make the game a bit less OOTC-y and more like a regular game where all messages are public.

inDheart 07-30-2018 02:14 PM

oh then sunfan kinda described it weird for what the goal was lol

i would just ban PMing of any kind in that case and wolves just have wolfchat; i'm assuming that's what he meant

make 2 discord channels, one's the "main" one, one's the overflow one if/when things get fast