Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Post one "Did ya know" fact about yourself. (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119075)

who_cares973 06-2-2011 01:00 PM

Re: Post one "Did ya know" fact about yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragonmegaXX (Post 3478960)
Did you know that I got bit in the face and back by an overgrown rotweiler in 2001 ._.

is this where your furry obsession started

Artic_counter 06-2-2011 01:19 PM

Did you know I'm actually capable of flying an helicopter ?

Sky Kitten 06-2-2011 02:21 PM

Did you know I'm extremely terrified of balloon popping, walking on ice and bugs?

Balloon popping is self-explanatory. And it hurts my ears, owowowow
Walking on ice came from an accident and bugs... got bitten WAY too many times and bigger ones just scare me

andy-o24 06-2-2011 03:15 PM

Did you know I have been sprayed in the eyes with bug spray? Ouch.

-o24

Zageron 06-2-2011 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3478588)
I fuccen love you no homo

PS: Did you know that I'm drug free? Never in my life have i smoked, drink, smoked weed, or done any other of those illegal party drugs or whatever. (Not including medicine for my allergies of course)

We similar.
I'm totally clean as well. Just alcohol in moderation. Not a single other substance.

iironiic 06-2-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3479099)
We similar.
I'm totally clean as well. Just alcohol in moderation. Not a single other substance.

Me too :]

T-Force 06-2-2011 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i love you (Post 3478588)
I fuccen love you no homo

PS: Did you know that I'm drug free? Never in my life have i smoked, drink, smoked weed, or done any other of those illegal party drugs or whatever. (Not including medicine for my allergies of course)

*raises hand* Hopping on the bandwagon. Same here (minus like... 7 drinks of alcohol ever..).

Did you know that I am a Star Wars fan to the point of... obsession..
I have all 4 Star Wars Slurpee cups from '05, 4 Star wars Lego sets (and one mini) on my shelf of Star wars, at least 10 comic books, I've seen all 6 movies at least 20 times each, and I own 80, possibly 90 novels from the extended universe (out of 140-150).

rushyrulz 06-2-2011 04:27 PM

Did you know that my dad is obsessed with the band Kiss to the point where he dresses up like them for Halloween and concerts even if the concert is hundreds of miles away?
He also sings karaoke pretty much every night and it's really embarrassing since he sucks.
Help me.

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3478990)
DarknessXoXLight: During college I held 2-3 jobs (at a given time) while being a full-time student paying my own way through and, at the worst, a maximum of 100-week work summers. I'm telling you right now, don't do that. Take a loan or something, focus on your schooling. Even if you're capable of doing both, the stress is inhuman.

So how'd you handle it? Being in Wharton and all.. o___O

DarknessXoXLight 06-2-2011 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkshark (Post 3478986)
Did you know you're going to die of stress.

I did know that. :( lolol.

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:12 PM

@Darkness: What college? o___O And why are you even holding 2-3 jobs in the first place?

xXAll-ProXx 06-2-2011 05:19 PM

LOL, did you know that I'm scared of elevators?

I haven't used one since 2007, and that's when I almost caused the death of someone from misusing an elevator. Not gonna go into details.

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneHandNow (Post 3479161)
So how'd you handle it? Being in Wharton and all.. o___O

I tried to choose jobs that allowed for a lot of overlap and computer access while still making ends meet. For instance, I could staff the computer lab as a tech assistant while working on a research project for another job on my laptop, and do my schoolwork on the lab computer, and then continue working when I went to the library later to work as an admin. asst, and then try to fill up the rest of the monetary gaps by teaching the SAT/LSAT (which paid well but required some travel and had the drawback of not allowing me to get homework done or study). I'd work my ass off during the summers to earn a bunch of extra money that I could throw back at the school, too.

There were times when I'd have like seven classes due to being a dual-degree student (where most CAS students take four and engineering/business students take 5) and about 30-40 hours of work a week on top of it in order to finance my tuition/feed myself/buy shit/etc.

Due to my time constraints I couldn't always make it to all my classes because of work, so I tried to only attend if classes required participation or didn't put their lecture notes online. What I'd usually do is read the lecture notes and if there ANYTHING I didn't understand 100%, I went straight to office hours or bugged the living shit out of the TA's. Office hours are hugely underused in college and are a great way to really understand a topic one-on-one with the professor.

So basically it all came down to extremely strict time management. The funny thing was that I still had time to do a bunch of other shit with my life -- it was just an extremely stressful one that took a toll on my mental and physical health.

Bastards who have their shit paid for have no idea how easy they have it lmfao.

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3479182)
I tried to choose jobs that allowed for a lot of overlap and computer access while still making ends meet. For instance, I could staff the computer lab as a tech assistant while working on a research project for another job on my laptop, and do my schoolwork on the lab computer, and then continue working when I went to the library later to work as an admin. asst, and then try to fill up the rest of the monetary gaps by teaching the SAT/LSAT (which paid well but required some travel and had the drawback of not allowing me to get homework done or study). I'd work my ass off during the summers to earn a bunch of extra money that I could throw back at the school, too.

There were times when I'd have like seven classes due to being a dual-degree student (where most CAS students take four and engineering/business students take 5) and about 30-40 hours of work a week on top of it in order to finance my tuition/feed myself/buy shit/etc.

Due to my time constraints I couldn't always make it to all my classes because of work, so I tried to only attend if classes required participation or didn't put their lecture notes online. What I'd usually do is read the lecture notes and if there ANYTHING I didn't understand 100%, I went straight to office hours or bugged the living shit out of the TA's. Office hours are hugely underused in college and are a great way to really understand a topic one-on-one with the professor.

So basically it all came down to extremely strict time management. The funny thing was that I still had time to do a bunch of other shit with my life -- it was just an extremely stressful one that took a toll on my mental and physical health.

Bastards who have their shit paid for have no idea how easy they have it lmfao.

Oh man.. that sounds extremely harsh..

I would expect private colleges to provide some financial aid (or even a full ride if you're an amazing student) :O

I'm sure your summer jobs were related to your concentrations though! So it should've been like killing two birds (in your case, 3) with one stone.

Tough stuff.. I'm glad I got a CalGrant & other scholarships x_x..

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 05:37 PM

That's why my situation was so "unusual" -- I had a shitload of scholarships but not enough to cover the entire cost of tuition, but my financial aid was slaughtered because my father died and my mother inherited a shitload of assets and insurance payouts. The problem: She didn't want to pay for anything even though schools judge "need-based aid" off parental financials. And being a financially-independent student isn't enough to declare yourself as emancipated.

And yeah during my junior year I landed a gig as a trading-firm quant, so that was a lot of fun.

ScarletSky 06-2-2011 05:38 PM

Did ya know that whenever I'm pooping I HAVE to read shit that's around me.
Shampoo bottles, toothpaste ingredients. Weird and random shit I pick up and read.
I don't like to read the same thing twice, but sometimes I can't help it (no new material).

xXAll-ProXx 06-2-2011 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletSky (Post 3479203)
Did ya know that whenever I'm pooping I HAVE to read shit that's around me.
Shampoo bottles, toothpaste ingredients. Weird and random shit I pick up and read.
I don't like to read the same thing twice, but sometimes I can't help it (no new material).

hi 5

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reincarnate (Post 3479202)
That's why my situation was so "unusual" -- I had a shitload of scholarships but not enough to cover the entire cost of tuition, but my financial aid was slaughtered because my father died and my mother inherited a shitload of assets and insurance payouts. The problem: She didn't want to pay for anything even though schools judge "need-based aid" off parental financials. And being a financially-independent student isn't enough to declare yourself as emancipated.

And yeah during my junior year I landed a gig as a trading-firm quant, so that was a lot of fun.

Ah... I remember you explaining this to me a while ago.. :(

I'm glad you've gotten through though! Hopefully I'll land a gig like that during my junior year as well.. LOL :) Hopefully I'll be able to land in Wall Street someday.

Reincarnate 06-2-2011 05:43 PM

Wall Street isn't all it's cracked up to be -- there are better ways to spend your youth IMO. I plan on changing jobs eventually LOL.

OneHandNow 06-2-2011 05:43 PM

Like where ._.

Edit: Well, I guess San Fran / Palo Alto is nice as well.. my hometown. x)