Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   badman's 2nd tourney of darkness! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=106630)

kmay 02-24-2009 07:00 AM

Re: badman's 2nd tourney of darkness!

WTF division is not necessary at all. We got lucky that there was a 5th division in the official tourny, i don't think there is a need for 6th until the official tourny has one.

badman7772 02-24-2009 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmay (Post 2990293)
i don't think there is a need for 6th until the official tourny has one.

Phynx's unofficial tourney had masters division before the 4th official tourney did. I'm gonna try the WTF division just to see what happens. Maybe I'll inspire more people to do this like I did with the dark mod twist.

kmay 02-24-2009 07:18 AM

i still say it is not necessary. There are only like 5 people ever on this site good enough to make in that division and like 3 of them quit.

Ziergdsx18 02-24-2009 07:34 AM

Actually there are quite a few out there, for example: Sprite-, [TeRa], reptile, rubix, EA, OWA, Destiny...ect.
However i still agree that it is somewhat unnecessary.

badman7772 02-24-2009 07:39 AM

I might not do it though. I was thinking about it so that masters that aren't God have a shot at winning. You know as of right now AOD and samurai would get top 2 hands down. This thing doesn't start until Sunday and I'm trying my best along with a few helpers to make this tourney as fair and as good as possible.

EDIT: The best situation is for all of you to decide on this. I'd do a poll but it's too late to add one and I don't think a mod can help me out on that.

musicdemon 02-24-2009 07:53 AM

Can I donate after the competition has started? Being relatively new (2 months), I'm dirt poor credits-wise but I may be able to donate in a couple of weeks since I'm almost done unlocking the popular Secret Songs.

badman7772 02-24-2009 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicdemon (Post 2990314)
Can I donate after the competition has started? Being relatively new (2 months), I'm dirt poor credits-wise but I may be able to donate in a couple of weeks since I'm almost done unlocking the popular Secret Songs.

That's fine! I'm not determining prizes until towards the end due to that situation. So therefore, yes. If you do donate, thanks alot in advance! =]

dooty_7 02-24-2009 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by musicdemon (Post 2990314)

in case you don't know, you have to be above the value needed for a certain song in the secret genre in order to have it. (i.e. if you donate credits away, you lose the secret songs)

anyways in!

irionman 02-24-2009 08:14 AM

I'm in. where do ya want me.

irionman 02-24-2009 08:17 AM

lol at masters placement :)

badman7772 02-24-2009 08:20 AM

*lol's at double post* At least as of right now you won't have to compete with the God's of FFR.

irionman 02-24-2009 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 2990323)
*lol's at double post* At least as of right now you won't have to compete with the God's of FFR.

Put me up there. I've played/beat samurai before. I like going against AOD. He tends to forget to submit.

badman7772 02-24-2009 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2990324)
Put me up there. I've played/beat samurai before. I like going against AOD. He tends to forget to submit.

If that is your wish, so that will be granted!

irionman 02-24-2009 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 2990325)
If that is your wish, so that will be granted!

Thanks man.

(not to brag, just as reference)

badman7772 02-24-2009 08:30 AM

Oh yeah! Sprite-'s making the poll for wether we all want the WTF division or not. I'm gonna vote "yes" myself but for everyone else, it's up to you!

I will say this though. If you all vote "no" and AOD, irionman, and samurai rape you all, not my fault! I'm trying to make this as fair of a tourney as possible.

irionman 02-24-2009 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 2990328)
Oh yeah! Sprite-'s making the poll for wether we all want the WTF division or not. I'm gonna vote "yes" myself but for everyone else, it's up to you!

I will say this though. If you all vote "no" and AOD, irionman, and samurai rape you all, not my fault! I'm trying to make this as fair of a tourney as possible.

I have a feeling it will be down voted, but, if it's your tournament, and you have prizes for that division, there really should be no vote.

badman7772 02-24-2009 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2990330)
I have a feeling it will be down voted, but, if it's your tournament, and you have prizes for that division, there really should be no vote.

I'm just trying not to make it a total monarchy (or bad-archy for me) If the majority only want 5 divisions then that's how it'll be.

irionman 02-24-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 2990334)
I'm just trying not to make it a total monarchy (or bad-archy for me) If the majority only want 5 divisions then that's how it'll be.

You should only let the voters be in the wtf division and masters, since that's the only divisions affected.

badman7772 02-24-2009 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by irionman (Post 2990335)
You should only let the voters be in the wtf division and masters, since that's the only divisions affected.

True that. That and it MIGHT have an impact on song ranges. That way I have more room to work with on songs. Beginners just might wind up starting off with an easy difficulty song and expert just might get a 65 or so difficulty (maybe not a heavy unlock).

irionman 02-24-2009 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badman7772 (Post 2990337)
True that. That and it MIGHT have an impact on song ranges. That way I have more room to work with on songs. Beginners just might wind up starting off with an easy difficulty song and expert just might get a 65 or so difficulty (maybe not a heavy unlock).

Idk, most of the tournaments I've been in lately, I've started out doing FMOs working towards FGOs. (i remember unlocking otaku heavy in a tournament final though lol)