Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2024 TWG Rules Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=144207)

YoshL 10-29-2016 11:57 AM

Re: 2016 TWG Rules Thread

in the end this has literally never been a problem about people abusing the vote system.

it's an issue of "do people know how to correctly vote"

it's not hard

Charu 10-29-2016 12:04 PM

Wanna know what IS hard though?

ShadoWolfe 10-29-2016 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4488485)
Wanna know what IS hard though?

inDhard. He stays hard. Bird beaks are pretty hard as well.

As for the voting thing, I hate to drag on the "discussion", but I think that the [twgv] tags should be the only accepted method of voting. Bolded and red shouldn't be enough, imo, because there shouldn't be any reason why anyone would want to do that except for wanting to fuck with the count. The code is longer for [color][b], and it doesn't get picked up by the auto votecount, so there should be no reason to do this ever.

I was almost killed because I messed up my vote a couple of games ago, and I was mislynched outside of a KitB that would've occured if Pazzaz's vote had counted. Despite but I still think there's no other way to do this effectively in this forum, given the tools we have available to us in this medium.

MixMasterLar 10-29-2016 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4488480)
exactly. if you fuck up the tags and it comes out like [twgv[mml[/twgv]
it's not a vote

Cool, then we agree on that.

I don't know what you guys are going on about Xel suggested we count typos and I disagreed and somehow everyone's getting agitated over it.

YoshL 10-29-2016 08:42 PM

saying thessunfan is fine. it's very clear who they're voting for.

for example, the vote counter has trouble with votes that are AA but there's only one current player that that could be referring to. That's still fine though, you're able to edit that.

MixMasterLar 10-29-2016 09:42 PM

Oh, I wasn't really talking about if the tags where right but the name was typo'd. Maybe I wasn't clear in that. Rather it's MixMasterLar, MML, Lar, or MixMeisterLard as long as the tags are correct I'm pretty ok with it assuming the name is close enough.

I think we pretty much agree on the issue, YoshL.

thesunfan 10-30-2016 12:16 AM

in games where an automated vote counter is used, you can set up aliases for players like Mashi, who have names that are not at all similar to their usernames, so votes for Mashi can be read

XelNya 10-30-2016 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YoshL (Post 4488480)
exactly. if you fuck up the tags and it comes out like [twgv[mml[/twgv]
it's not a vote

But why is this the case? The intention to vote is clearly there.

thesunfan 10-30-2016 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XelNya (Post 4488598)
But why is this the case? The intention to vote is clearly there.

I mean no disrespect and believe you made the right decision when modding the game I am about to talk about but

wasn't there a game where V was a wolf and was rather clear about his intent on who he wanted to kill, but V didn't actually send in a PM to you and you didn't make a kill?

I believe that the same thing applies to voting here.
Apologies if my memory is wrong

thesunfan 01-3-2017 08:48 PM

Changelog

Updated title to 2017 TWG Rules Thread

Changed multiple uses of the word "you" into "a player," as well as syntax to match these changes

Fixed a few small grammatical errors.

Expanded Rule 11 to more clearly define what is and is not acceptable regarding deathposts that inhibit the ability of players to play the game.

Expanded Rule 13d to include knowingly playing against your own win condition for clarification.

Changed wording of Rule 19 to specify game-related emotional manipulation only.

thesunfan 01-3-2017 08:49 PM

I am considering adding a rule banning timing of death posts, as this could give game-related information if several people post death posts after certain events

I would like input on this.

inDheart 01-3-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesunfan (Post 4507738)
I am considering adding a rule banning timing of death posts, as this could give game-related information if several people post death posts after certain events

the way you said this on discord i understand it as timed coordination between 2+ people on when to death post

in which case i'll say yeah

thesunfan 01-3-2017 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4507740)
the way you said this on discord i understand it as timed coordination between 2+ people on when to death post

in which case i'll say yeah

this is right

roundbox 01-3-2017 09:51 PM

Re: 2017 TWG Rules Thread

I guess this is where I do my SALT posting and say we really need to enforce a more strict policy on inactivity. At the moment, there is a very observable exponential decay of posting after D0 finishes. D0 is usually great, but everything falls into pieces afterwards and you usually don't see activity until f3, almost regardless of players.

Inactivity is one of the things pushing me away from playing TWG on here because it really does ruin games. TWG is a giant puzzle to solve, and when you are missing pieces, you just have to assume what's there instead of actually trying to solve. Inactivity can be used as a strat (which I think was advocated in the Fire Emblem game), but good lord is it dirty. Policy lynching inactives is a really bad way to deal with the problem, because it still accepts inactivity rather than trying to curb the behavior completely.

No, I'm not asking people to move heaven and earth to play some silly whodunnit game on a forum. I had lots of negative experiences this year related to inactivity and I truly want this place to improve.

Thoughts?

ShadoWolfe 01-3-2017 10:14 PM

Quote:

It's not a huge issue, but I agree. The timing should be a random time picked by the mod at the start of the phase.

EDIT: players could even simply be required to send their deathpost to the mod, who would post them at an arbitrary time of his/her choosing

j-rodd123 01-3-2017 10:51 PM

Minimum post requirements duhhh

j-rodd123 01-3-2017 10:52 PM

@roundbox

Charu 01-3-2017 11:05 PM

Can't stop the deathposts!

Charu 01-3-2017 11:05 PM

#MakeDeathpostsGreatAgain

Xiz 01-3-2017 11:49 PM

Quote:

I'm for it.