Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Stepmania (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.) (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=118553)

Arch0wl 05-25-2011 07:29 PM

Re: So let's talk about QED stepfiles. (Let's talk about StepMania actually.)

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar (Post 3473272)
everyone will play ddr files

This is sort of what I'm getting at. DDR's popularity is tanking right now. The major arcades that used to be driving forces for the community-at-large are closing, and most of the people now aged 13-16 who would have played DDR are playing Guitar Hero and Rock Band instead, which are on a decline in their own right.

So if no one thinks "hey, I want to play those DDR files with my fingers", there is no Stepmania.

That's why I wrote that thing about FFR needing to go to Facebook. This is the point where you'd say "yes, but FFR will keep Stepmania alive." It won't. Most people have moved their casual shit to Facebook and aren't exploring goof-off sites anymore, so very few people have a reasonable chance of running across FFR. They did when it was all over MySpace, but now that everyone's migrated this isn't the case anymore.

stargroup100 05-27-2011 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jousway (Post 3473281)
"anime art simfiles" is it even posable to make an anime opening or song in to this so called "art" seeing that anime songs are boring like **** to step :>
like there is no way to make an anime file expressive as most files in pack's like dc and lc 1,2 and 3

well obviously it won't have the same "wow factor" because there aren't any colored note solos or anything of that sort

but plenty of people (most notably gd) have made some cool anime charts that aren't exactly what you'd call a technical chart

in any case, about easy charts, I've actually made about... 9 in the past few months? including several boss songs. it's just too bad that I'm the only one doing so because if I got more quality submissions I'd be much further along in kbo progress

Lain_Iwakura 09-11-2015 04:59 AM

this was a good thread

Wayward Vagabond 09-11-2015 07:21 AM

Yeah it is

GammaBlaster 09-11-2015 09:08 AM

is good

AutotelicBrown 09-11-2015 09:49 AM

epic

aj187 09-11-2015 01:41 PM

I somehow missed this the first time around, but must concur, good thread

Kyzentun 09-11-2015 02:31 PM

I like to play this random 8th note stream chart whenever I start thinking that step placement really matters.

tunsz555 10-5-2015 11:36 PM

Oh I remembered reading this, 4 years later how are things now I wonder?