Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

ichliebekase 09-10-2011 01:45 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

So I figured I'd give it a shot to redo the regions in America. Some have new names, some stayed the same. I'd like feedback because some states I had a rough time putting in a perfect spot. Also, for "Center of America" region, I'd definitely like a different name xD maybe "Heart of America" or something like that.

Pacific: 5
~Washington
~Oregon
~California
~Hawaii
~Alaska

Rockys 8
~Montana
~Idaho
~Nevada
~Wyoming
~Utah
~Colorado
~Arizona
~New Mexico

Great Lakes: 7
~Minnesota
~Wisconsin
~Illinois
~Indiana
~Michigan
~Ohio
~Kentucky

Center of America: 6
~North Dakota
~South Dakota
~Nebraska
~Kansas
~Iowa
~Missouri

Gulf Coast: 6
~Texas
~Louisiana
~Mississippi
~Alabama
~Arkansas
~Oklahoma

New England: 6 (this one stayed the same)
~Maine
~New Hampshire
~Vermont
~Massachusetts
~Rhode Island
~Connecticut

Mid-Atlantic: 7
~New York
~Pennsylvania
~New Jersey
~Delaware
~Maryland (including Washington D.C.)
~Virginia
~West Virginia

South Atlantic: 5
~North Carolina
~South Carolina
~Georgia
~Florida
~Tennessee

Justin, if you'd like to look into maybe breaking down the providences of Canada, by all means :]

And of course, this was just a thought and I figured I'd show the staff an idea if they ever wanted to do it.

HammyMcSquirrel 09-10-2011 02:05 PM

We could just use this for region designation within the United States:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ce...ted_States.svg

I asked about adding in new regions months ago and I was told that the code is a mess from the old administration, so it wasn't worth it at the time. Maybe one of the admins would be willing to do that now, though.

YoshL 09-10-2011 02:12 PM

also.

can something be done about support tokens? .-.

HammyMcSquirrel 09-10-2011 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YOSHl (Post 3534690)
also.

can something be done about support tokens? .-.

Last I saw, the requirements were decided on and Velocity said that he would have some code in place for them within a week. This was back in early July, though. We'd have to ask him about it.

Niala 09-10-2011 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3534683)

I asked about adding in new regions months ago and I was told that the code is a mess from the old administration, so it wasn't worth it at the time. Maybe one of the admins would be willing to do that now, though.

Speaking of which, can we do something about Canada? While our population may be small, we have a lot of good players that could be separated into specific areas.

HammyMcSquirrel 09-10-2011 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3534699)
Speaking of which, can we do something about Canada? While our population may be small, we have a lot of good players that could be separated into specific areas.

That's actually what I brought up specifically some months back. (Dividing Canada up into more regions.) I'll ask about it again and see if I get a different response regarding the coding.

bmah 09-10-2011 02:49 PM

I was thinking something along the lines of:

West: BC

Prairies: AB, SK, MB

East: ON, QC

Atlantic: NB, NS, PE, NL

North: YT, NT, NU

That's how the provinces are usually grouped in general.

Netjet! 09-10-2011 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3534707)

+1 for this

Niala 09-10-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3534707)

This is actually exactly what I was thinking. Most often this is how it's grouped, unless it's that "Canadian Shield" crap, but that doesn't really apply here.

Netjet! 09-10-2011 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niala (Post 3534715)
This is actually exactly what I was thinking. Most often this is how it's grouped, unless it's that "Canadian Shield" crap, but that doesn't really apply here.

I'd rather go by provincial lines than topographical lines, IMO. :monkey:

ichliebekase 09-10-2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HammyMcSquirrel (Post 3534683)

Would you want to use the groupings by region or division? Because, while the regions make sense, the divisions don't because of how they break apart the country for the regions. Plus, if the coding is bad, my sorting kept the same amount of regions within the country (8).

I really just don't like how that map is set up. If you could clarify it then maybe I would like it more :l

HammyMcSquirrel 09-10-2011 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ichliebekase (Post 3534870)
Would you want to use the groupings by region or division? Because, while the regions make sense, the divisions don't because of how they break apart the country for the regions. Plus, if the coding is bad, my sorting kept the same amount of regions within the country (8).

I really just don't like how that map is set up. If you could clarify it then maybe I would like it more :l

It would only be by regions and no new ones would have to be created for the United States if we went by that official map. (We currently have nine regions for the United States and that official map has nine as well, it's just divided more accurately than what we currently have.) We'd just have to alter the names and change how they are marked on the map.

devonin 09-10-2011 09:59 PM

Ideally the regions overall should be as close to equal in population as possible.

Half the problem with existing regions is that it's really annoying to try and force sort people by IP address, and easy for them to get around it, and people are misfiling themselves to get into a category where it's easier to appear on the toplist.

Netjet! 09-10-2011 10:13 PM

Just a question, but I see that we have a lot of Chopin in FFR right now. Examples being Revolutionary Etude (Op. 10 No 12), Op.10 No 9, and so on. He composed a lot of music, Op.10 having many different parts. Do you think it would be a good idea to step more of his music, regardless of difficulty? Or should people just step the "difficult" pieces?

qqwref 09-10-2011 11:11 PM

People (including you!) can step whatever they like - it's not like there's a group that decides what songs get stepped. If you think a piece is interesting or should be in the game, I'd suggest stepping it yourself, or else getting someone good to make a chart.

jimerax 09-10-2011 11:32 PM

Actually having more classical pieces is good but the most difficult thing is getting permission from performers. As for digital performance of classical songs it's easier to get permission/easier to sync, but harder to find good performances.

m0de 09-12-2011 03:26 PM

after playing a song.. besides showing your rank, and best rank on a song.. it would be nice to show your best score too. (6-0-0-0) <- example.

justin_ator 09-12-2011 03:36 PM

I've actually thought a lot about how it would be nice to have a new score results screen, but never actually put any effort into making a suggestion for what that would look like. Graphs of how much you sucked up a part or two are always fun to rage at.

raskanally 09-12-2011 04:15 PM

would it be possible for it to make the graph like in ITG2? (i think)
and have the results down the middle with your current run on the left, and you best run stats on the right.

justin_ator 09-12-2011 04:28 PM

That's somewhat was I was thinking.