Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   World of Warcraft (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=103683)

Sir Psycho 05-15-2009 01:52 AM

Re: World of Warcraft

Every single BiS item for a tank is plate.

Solid Dreams 05-15-2009 02:12 AM

I dunno, I have some pretty good rings and trinkets and stuff that aren't plate...

tsugomaru 05-15-2009 09:24 AM

All the best in slot priest stuff is cloth!

Hi5

~Tsugomaru

devonin 05-15-2009 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squeek (Post 3074838)
I don't see why that's surprising. We can't roll on plate and all leather/cloth has Spirit, which is completely worthless to us.

ALL KINDS of non-mail caster gear has no spirit on it. What a silly absolute statement. Elemental shaman have -SIX- non-tier best-in-slot pieces that are cloth.

Quote:

Every single BiS item for a tank is plate.
Well duh, armour is a relevent tank stat, clearly plate is tanking gear.

Sir Psycho 05-15-2009 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3075003)
Well duh, armour is a relevent tank stat, clearly plate is tanking gear.

Way to take a joke seriously, mang.

devonin 05-15-2009 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Psycho (Post 3075016)
Way to take a joke seriously, mang.

Way to confuse a flippant response with a serious one, dawg.

Sir Psycho 05-15-2009 12:33 PM

I dunno what you're saying, but cloth with green armor is definitely the way to go.

Grandiagod 05-15-2009 03:22 PM

make all my ipoints go to armor plz

Sullyman2007 05-15-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsugomaru (Post 3074988)
All the best in slot priest stuff is cloth!

Hi5

~Tsugomaru

hi5

Have you seen some of the staff weapons that drop in Ulduar? http://www.wowhead.com/?item=45479 waaaaat.

Squeek 05-15-2009 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by devonin (Post 3075003)
ALL KINDS of non-mail caster gear has no spirit on it. What a silly absolute statement. Elemental shaman have -SIX- non-tier best-in-slot pieces that are cloth.

I question your sources. If you're using MaxDPS, well, they've been wrong before. In fact, they're constantly wrong. According to my Shaman buddies at Elitist Jerks, there's only two cloth items that are best in slot, and they're both 25-man hard mode drops, so I wouldn't even get a chance to roll on them anyway. Not that I would, since it's cloth, and the other one doesn't have any Hit on it anyway.

T8 gear accounts for 180 hit for us. No mail gear has hit on it. That means I need all the rings, trinks, necks, and backs with Hit that I can get to get the other 190 hit I need to be capped. There are so few things I can use that I'm not about to replace my tier gear with cloth items that have "moar dps" but lose the Hit.

WTFBrandon 05-15-2009 05:11 PM

For people who DPS in Ulduar, what's your DPS?
Mine stands around 4k on bosses and i'm Naxxed out. I was wondering if this is normal for my gear or is it under or what? This is also my first character i've managed to get past 44 and get to max lvl cap. So i'm still kinda new to the whole thing but i think i've got the hang of it. Plus it looks like you guys know what you're doing here so, i wanna know the dillio.
Also about the combat, i have yet to get gear to own up Mutilate. That much I understand, so for now im pulling out my own build :)

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&n=itsbrandon

Let me know pwease? :( :)

Ground_Breaker 05-15-2009 05:19 PM

Yea 4k is fine without any Ulduar drops.

As far as combat vs. assassination, I'm not sure anymore. My rogue is still at 70 from when combat was the only PvE DPS spec. I've heard that the Mutilate build is where it's at now in LK, but that with 3.1, combat got some interesting buffs. We've had two rogues switch from Mut to combat swords now since that patch, so there may be something to it.

WTFBrandon 05-15-2009 05:32 PM

Yeah, i've noticed in some raids I do more with geared people for Mutilate spec.
I think it's the T8 stuff.
I've seen my friend hit 6.5k in T8 stuff in mutilate build.

tsugomaru 05-15-2009 06:10 PM

It's a nice staff, there's no doubt about that.

I've only done Ulduar 10 and our A-team DPS usually range between 3k-4k. We've done an alt Ulduar 10 run with our B-team, which is vastly under geared compared to our A-team, but most people still pull off anywhere between 2k-3k dps. We haven't attempted Ignis or the Assembly of Iron with the B-team because we don't think we have the tanking gear or healing gear to do it.

~Tsugomaru

Kagome 05-15-2009 08:39 PM

Staffs are the way to go at least for DPS casters. Staff of Endless Winter is far ahead of anything one handed at this point.

Grandiagod 05-16-2009 03:30 AM

yeah lemme go do hodir hardmode brb flower power

Grandiagod 05-16-2009 03:31 AM

or did they nerf that i'm too lazy to check

Squeek 05-16-2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kagome (Post 3075515)
Staffs are the way to go at least for DPS casters. Staff of Endless Winter is far ahead of anything one handed at this point.

I dunno about you but I don't think two-handed weapons suit casters at all.

Weapon + Offhand always accounts for more SP, and you get a better balance of stats (one of them can be Hit and the other Crit or Haste or something, I dunno). The staff is only better if you get the two-hand enchant on it and like having lots of Int and Crit (which Elemental Shaman don't like. Seriously, we're such a messed up caster DPS class).

Plus, every staff has Spirit on it. Icky Spirit >_>

Relambrien 05-16-2009 07:59 AM

I'm not sure about shamans, but testing has shown that Staff of Endless Winter with Greater Spellpower on it is, indeed, the current best weapon for Mages in terms of sheer dps (for specific specs). Provided you can reach the necessary stats elsewhere (hit, etc.), of course.

Sir Psycho 05-16-2009 10:26 AM

4k actually seems a bit low... The rogues in my guild do 5.5 to 6k DPS on almost every fight in Ulduar with all Naxx gear.