Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=143611)

Arch0wl 01-17-2016 06:47 AM

Re: So apparently people are mad that Stepmania was on AGDQ

posted this on wall

dude completely out of nowhere, who I have never interacted with, comes in with a numbered list and the first point is "mmkay"

I can't conceive of a more annoying way to start a confrontation

just irrespective of this whole thing, the thought process that would lead you to confront someone by making a list and then make "mmkay" its own bullet is so bullshitty and irritating that it's worth a punch in the face

rushyrulz 01-17-2016 09:41 AM

1. mmmmm
2. kay

Arch0wl 01-17-2016 10:28 AM

nah doesn't do it for me because I know you're self-aware from the onset

I don't think you have it in you to imitate that flavor of authentic obliviousness

CaptainAhab 01-17-2016 11:36 AM

For a game that's largely about self improvement (to quote Staiain during the AGDQ stream), which I wholeheartedly agree with and which is one of the main reasons why I enjoy SM, sure seems like there are quite a few pissed off people out there that can't just keep to themselves.

_Zenith_ 01-17-2016 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 4396604)
posted this on wall

dude completely out of nowhere, who I have never interacted with, comes in with a numbered list and the first point is "mmkay"

I can't conceive of a more annoying way to start a confrontation

just irrespective of this whole thing, the thought process that would lead you to confront someone by making a list and then make "mmkay" its own bullet is so bullshitty and irritating that it's worth a punch in the face

10/10 would print and post on my refrigerator to remember this glorious moment when someone contending your statement started off with "mmkay."

Also his second point is laughable because the showcase was in no way shape or form projected for IIDX's sake, it was to showcase a fucking different rhythm game

Xayphon 01-17-2016 12:38 PM

1. Im not even entirely sure if that guy knows to whom he responded

2. And I dont even understand what the mmkay is for when in 2) he pretty much claims the showcase was 95% more boring than stian's usual SM streaming sessions, is he a IIDX guy now or not?

3. What does Tf mean? God damn

ItsOnlyDanO 01-17-2016 01:00 PM

this is some fresh cringe served on a silver platter right here

thank you for providing us with this

MixMasterLar 01-17-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 4396636)
3. What does Tf mean? God damn

Teh f<3ck? What I read it as

Also I approve where this thread is heading

rushyrulz 01-17-2016 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arch0wl (Post 439662)
I don't think you have it in you to imitate that flavor of authentic obliviousness

Thanks, means a lot

Arch0wl 01-18-2016 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xayphon (Post 4396636)
1. Im not even entirely sure if that guy knows to whom he responded

much in the vein of this bit my fiancee and I and a few friends have this meme where I'll go "uh does this guy even know I'm arch0wl" in situations where this not relevant whatsoever

- pulled over by a police officer, whisper to gf "wow this officer doesn't even know I'm arch0wl"

- given jury duty. "uhh, on your list of exemptions there isn't one for being arch0wl. sorry I have to inform the court that I am in fact arch0wl"

- friend's girlfriend goes up to talk to me at a party. whisper to friends "wow bitches don't even know I'm arch0wl"

- asked to clean microwave by partner. "sorry babe but I'm actually arch0wl"

I mean I'll clean the microwave anyway for the record but for the other record I am also arch0wl

point is this guy didn't even know I'm arch0wl

Spenner 01-18-2016 01:53 AM

That's both so narcissistic in a light and humorous way and so beautiful that you have the confidence to have that sort of playfulness.

Also @ that comment, maybe everyone is on the same page, but wow how could you be watching AGDQ and not realize the concept of "Marathon safe" runs vs "World record, high risk" runs. Obviously there was an AGQD folder of songs to select from that were carefully chosen on their basis of the risk vs reward proportion.

L.B.D.D 01-18-2016 04:23 AM

lol

Arch0wl 01-18-2016 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spenner (Post 4396763)
That's both so narcissistic in a light and humorous way and so beautiful that you have the confidence to have that sort of playfulness.

lol, thanks. it's a way to make light of how much time we spend on a rhythm game that we really like playing but has no monetary gain or serious training component behind it

if pro playing ever became a thing and players had coaches or whatever, it'd probably be less funny since people actually would have a reason to justify their notoriety

(man if that day happens I will be so happy for whoever is professional tier)

bmah 01-28-2016 11:24 PM

Damn, some guy's really going at it with me in one of the youtube videos for the Stepmania AGDQ. They'll remain stubborn for eternity.

XelNya 01-28-2016 11:46 PM

That guy is filled with

determination

YoshL 01-28-2016 11:53 PM

literally, if you're not impressed with the showcase, fine cool, awesome. good job trying to convince everyone else that it's not impressive, you're really proving a point that's worth proving. I saw the guy's comments, and his first comment is "what's the point of ddr on a keyboard"

What's the point of hitting keys to a rhythm?

What's the point of IIDX then? or Pop'n? or any other rhythm game

It's a game, and many people put time into games because they happen to enjoy the game, and want to get better at it. Trying to denounce something like that is approaching how bad that girl gamer shit or w/e happened a while back. It's just bigotry at this point lol, and unless they choose to take a step back and look at their life, look at their choices, and ask themselves what in the fuck they're doing, then there's no point in trying to reason with them. They're not willing to be convinced otherwise so why bother

MinaciousGrace 01-29-2016 12:03 AM

hey can we turn this into a thread about how 80% of female streamers on twitch are just cam whores

and how they cry about how hard it is to be a girl on the internet citing the fact that the most popular streamers are male and therefore female streamers are being oppressed and gender inequality

you know despite the fact that most streamers are male period

and it logically stands to reason that the most popular ones would be male

because thats how distributions and populations work

would that be inappropriate

actually really both are just cases of the inability to recognize one's own perception bias and refusal to accept very basic logical underpinnings of the universe so whatever carry on i'll pretend this is about boob girls on twitch

XelNya 01-29-2016 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MinaciousGrace (Post 4402136)
hey can we turn this into a thread about how 80% of female streamers on twitch are just cam whores

and how they cry about how hard it is to be a girl on the internet citing the fact that the most popular streamers are male and therefore female streamers are being oppressed and gender inequality

you know despite the fact that most streamers are male period

and it logically stands to reason that the most popular ones would be male

because thats how distributions and populations work

would that be inappropriate

actually really both are just cases of the inability to recognize one's own perception bias and refusal to accept very basic logical underpinnings of the universe so whatever carry on i'll pretend this is about boob girls on twitch

That is a rabbit hole not worth exploring.

However if one wants to

Like there are some lady streamers who deserve more attention than these trash piles.

Izzy 01-29-2016 12:49 AM

Youtube comments.. don't do that.

gold stinger 01-29-2016 02:42 AM

by the way 20:23 on that video for the full meme that the video started with

she goes on for like 3 minutes on that