Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Health and Fitness (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   Misc. progress thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=137637)

Shouka 01-2-2015 12:31 PM

Re: Misc. progress thread

Over winter break I've been trying to get back into running and I've cut most of the weight that I gained after I stopped working out back in October. Unfortunately I haven't done any lifting with weights (I have done body weight exercises) so hopefully I'm not losing too much muscle.

Reach 01-10-2015 11:06 PM

Down to 194.5 from 203, about 3-4 weeks into cutting. Things are going well.

Strength down about 5 lbs on bench but it has stabilized. Squat up 5 lbs. Deadlift not sure, since I'm not really pushing it.

Target weights right now are 189 @ 2 months, 184 @ 3 months, 180 @ 4 months. After that point I'll reevaluate and see if I want to slowly cut anymore weight.

massflavour 01-10-2015 11:08 PM

stuck :x

having a hard time controlling hunger. not gaining weight but not losing it either..

should i just inhale some oats in the morning and drink water all day or what

V-Ormix 01-10-2015 11:10 PM

my rooms a mess

Arch0wl 01-13-2015 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by massflavour (Post 4260228)
stuck :x

having a hard time controlling hunger. not gaining weight but not losing it either..

should i just inhale some oats in the morning and drink water all day or what

Oats aren't that low in GI.

Something with long-chain fatty acids (fish, for example) might be best. They've been shown to be better for fat loss during caloric deficit.

"Long chain fatty acids (LCFA) require complex transport mechanisms in order to make it into the mitochondria. These transport mechanisms are heavily impacted by the hormone insulin, with higher levels inhibiting fatty acid transport into the mitochondria. In contrast medium chain fatty acids (MCFA) can directly diffuse into the blood stream and into the mitochondria, irrespective of the carbohydrate and insulin load introduced into the system. In hepatocytes as well as in other cells, storage of MCFAs is limited (Papamandjaris, MacDougall, & Jones, 1998). Thus, research demonstrates that consumption of MCFAs results in greater fat oxidation, greater fat loss during a caloric deficit, and in cases energy expenditure than LCFAs (St. Onge et al. 2003; Babayan, 1987; Tsuji et al. 2001). Finally research has demonstrated that supplementation of fish oil relative to corn oil results in less subcutaneous and visceral fat even though total macronutrient content was matched for (Hainault et al. 1993)."

Reach 01-13-2015 07:36 AM

Yeah, I'd increase protein intake. High protein foods have higher satiety per unit of energy. Much better bang for your buck in terms of dealing with hunger.

If you're still getting hungry in the evening, have some raw vegetables on hand. I find they kill cravings. They don't taste too fantastic and are full of fiber, making them pretty filling, while having very few calories.

massflavour 01-16-2015 03:20 PM

yeah i've been eating fish 2-3 times a week but i think snacking was my main issue. started drinking lots of water and i've been doing good the past few days.. current bw is about 223.5.

Kraezymann 01-19-2015 02:42 PM

Hit 115 today on bench, 155 on deadlift! I'm pretty stoked, it feels good to keep the weights in the triple digits now. I think this week I'm going to attempt my first squats too.

Reach 01-29-2015 10:23 PM

Down to 191.5. Cut going well, pacing is good. Keeping calories around 2500 a day to feel pretty full, even adding in evening icecream. Sunday is consistently an all I can eat day, rest of the week is limited to one dinner at a restaurant or one takeout meal. I keep it strict for the rest of the week.

My last sunday dinner: a whole rotisserie chicken with a full plate of french fries, a half garlic cheese loaf with veggies and a sundae. Somehow I came out of this at the same weight the next day. XD

Arch0wl 01-29-2015 10:41 PM

170.5, down from 200lb in november

Reach 01-30-2015 11:02 PM

I honestly don't know how you managed to lose that much weight. It's like a Christian Bale transformation.

Bench 7x7 today, @ 215 lbs. Squatting 10x5 @ 260 lbs, Deadlifting whatever I feel like (as of late, a 335x5 for 2 sets which is minimally taxing). Things are going fine. Tested 1 RMs recently haven't changed much so I'm maintaining pretty much all of my strength.

I've been working on some of my new tricep stretchmarks with Bio-Oil, which is supposed to help. Been using it for maybe two weeks now, seems to be fading a little bit but it's recommended you apply it for several months. Will report on whether or not this shit actually works. It's expensive, but to be fair at least they give you a metric fuck ton in the bottle.

FoJaR 01-31-2015 12:35 AM

i can do pushups, and i weigh like 240

kmay 01-31-2015 10:08 AM

getting my two miles under 17 minutes pretty consistently now. haven't weighed myself in a long time, nor do i plan on doing so. i want to look good, not concerned with what i'm at when that happens.

Arch0wl 02-1-2015 03:40 AM

haven't lifted *or* done cardio in 3 days. I feel like a slob.

it's hard to maintain the motivation to keep lifting during a cut when you know you're just going to lift the same lifts as you did before. also, I would have gone today, but I developed a zit on my asshole. I've had one before and it's the worst literal butthurt I've ever felt. can't wait to continue adjusting my sitting position like I just got reamed by a mastodon.

FF_rules 02-1-2015 04:36 AM

I walked down a flight of stairs and payed for the pizza delivery; then I had to walk back up those flight of stairs. Truly the most productive exercise I did all weekend *boasting*.
I'm normally not this lazy I swear

kmay 02-1-2015 05:42 AM

i take saturdays off because the gym closes at 6 and i work until 4, but i'll be going today. =]

Reach 02-1-2015 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FF_rules (Post 4270025)
I walked down a flight of stairs and payed for the pizza delivery; then I had to walk back up those flight of stairs. Truly the most productive exercise I did all weekend *boasting*.
I'm normally not this lazy I swear

I drove to Pizza hut last night to get 4 pizzas because they had a buy 1, get every other pizza for 5 dollars, even though they were only for 2 people.

I then proceeded to eat an entire pizza, when I'm supposed to be cutting 8)

Lost weight though. Success. IIFYM4Lyfe. Planned refeed obviously.

(To be fair afterwards I did look up the macros and the pizza was about 2200 calories and over 100 grams of protein so it was perfect since I hadn't eaten much all day other than a protein shake and some spinach.)

kmay 02-1-2015 10:35 AM

you're so damn healthy reach i want that motivation!!

Shouka 02-1-2015 11:59 AM

Arch0wl now weighs less than me.

Arch0wl 02-1-2015 04:42 PM

My only motivation for getting this low is that I have a series of fat deposited around my midsection that's been there since childhood. It's disproportionately there because zero fat is around my upper abs, so I have an extremely defined fourpack and then this former fat kid curse that makes any v-taper I could aspire to look like shit.

I don't even train for aesthetics, it's just fucking irritating. I know that if I lose it the fat will deposit more evenly due to strength training.