Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Other Music Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=13252)

GregHead 12-1-2004 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX
Quote:

Originally Posted by TaterGal
Well, unless light is good, no. And I PERSONALLY think the suckiest ones are the ones who don't even try and just stand on the buttons the whole time! Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't u supposed to keep ur feet in the middle and jump from button to button (If u know what I mean)

Quoted for idiocy.

It's Konami's fault for making that Beginner Helper. Why not make one that shows good form? If they are allowed to move the same foot twice to avoid crossovers and spinning, there aren't many combinations of moves to animate.

And while we're at it, once I actually tried to play with the helper on stealth. Even on a 100BPM song, I couldn't follow it at all. Kind of a good thing I guess, so beginners won't rely on it, but still pointless and teaches bad form.

GregHead 12-1-2004 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daisuki_chibi_chibi
here in rhode island? lemme see. i saw this guy once that did the legend of max backwards on the pad with the arrows invisible and got a AA. does that count as good? :) from what i've seen, my state is actualy quite good at DDR. unfortunately, the only song i can do on heavy is the Shining Polaris, so i am not one of those people

hmm, have you tried 'easier' heavys like Drop the Bomb, Butterfly, etc etc? My first heavy was Kick the Can, but those aren't on Extreme cabinets.

daisuki_chibi_chibi 12-2-2004 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GregHead
Quote:

Originally Posted by daisuki_chibi_chibi
here in rhode island? lemme see. i saw this guy once that did the legend of max backwards on the pad with the arrows invisible and got a AA. does that count as good? :) from what i've seen, my state is actualy quite good at DDR. unfortunately, the only song i can do on heavy is the Shining Polaris, so i am not one of those people

hmm, have you tried 'easier' heavys like Drop the Bomb, Butterfly, etc etc? My first heavy was Kick the Can, but those aren't on Extreme cabinets.

well, hehe ^^; i only have DDRMAX 2, so i try! i can almost do xenon on standard, and Tsugaru, but i'm afraid of killing myself if i try afronova on standard! ^^; but i have heard the song butterfly (i have the song on my mp3) and i would like to try it at an arcade sometime, i dont get out much, little sister needs to be watched after school, and tokyo game action is in woonsocket, not where i live. i need a lift to get there! ^^

plus i can almost do i feel on heavy. not quite there yet!

and here's a thing that my dad has taught me about any video game: always try the hardest first. then when you go back to do the easyer ones, it so easy you laugh youself to death.
plus, to me, the shining polaris is quite easy.

Papayacrazy 12-4-2004 08:21 AM

Well, I live in Texas, and we have this one group at gamewrols where there is a DDR Extreme, and they are REALLY good, they go on challenge mode and nonstop mode and AAA everything. I am on heavy mode, but then again I have been playing FFR for a while so I may be back on standard mode. :D

daisuki_chibi_chibi 12-7-2004 11:06 AM

just got back on ddr yesterday, it's sad when youve been gone so long that still in my heart by naoki on light mode is so hard you almost fail endless mode XP

erok 12-11-2004 04:46 PM

ok

im ok im too lazy to make an account but yea i can AA alot of stuff and SDG some stuff
any way i live in fl and there are alot of good people here lots of them but right now theres a new game called IN THE GROOVE AND IM GONNA START PLAYING ITS LIKE DDR BUT HARDER HELPS YOU IN STAMINA WISE any ways i will bbl need to make an account my name is gonna be EROK peace

gulimon49 12-11-2004 07:00 PM

hey

yes the DDR king lives here in Savvanah but i dont no if u belive me but its the truth because he can AAA the legend of max on heavey doubles and im on my way to beating him because i can double AA it on heavy doubles but here is were all the DDR champs live

Tank101 12-11-2004 07:04 PM

RE: hey

http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/...wtopic&t=21130

tsutter 12-11-2004 07:55 PM

RE: hey

YOU CAN DOUBLE AA LOM DOUBLES? OMGOMG AAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111111

k

Yeah someone good goes to my arcade, well actually he works there...I've seen him FC LoM and he said he's SDG FC'ed it before :O

Parrotlegs 12-11-2004 11:34 PM

whereever i go..deres heaps of guys dat are like full good. heavy..they ace like max 300 and all dat ..far out...kinda embarrassin when u go on after them..lol

Tsuteto 12-12-2004 12:56 AM

Meh, here, in Orem, Utah, there's a number. The third best of the state had to leave though... well, half left. He's there less often, but still, he's there. I'm nowhere near as good as him, but I can pass practically any Heavy song with a B or higher. Still have yet to pass songs above LoM though, even Cartoon Heroes (I don't like using the bar, but I need to for Max 300).

So... bah. Me = 847 years of DDR before AAA on anything.

Nima 12-12-2004 04:13 AM

Quote:

"yes the DDR king lives here in Savvanah but i dont no if u belive me but its the truth because he can AAA the legend of max on heavey doubles and im on my way to beating him because i can double AA it on heavy doubles but here is were all the DDR champs live "
I thought Kobayan lived in Japan...

daisuki_chibi_chibi 12-15-2004 11:29 AM

wah! T.T AA on LOM? Lucky! the only song ive ever double a'ed on was Xenon, singles on light mode! i fell like an ingnorant fool! T.T

inuyashakg 12-15-2004 02:40 PM

I'm in a DDR tourny near me this Weekend (live in A place Called Easton, Pa(You'll see our highschool band in the G-Bush Ignogrial thing(don't really care though))) On My sucky madcatz pad I can High B and up almost anything...

einnor619 12-15-2004 04:52 PM

I used to play every day but I got better than lots of ppl so I had no one to to face but I do waste newbs at it they are on light And Im on heavy

Tsuteto 12-15-2004 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by einnor619
I used to play every day but I got better than lots of ppl so I had no one to to face but I do waste newbs at it they are on light And Im on heavy

You, sir, have no life.

Meh, I can't waste some people, but most of the people I see nowadays I can beat no problem. I hate it a lot though when someone takes a picture of you playing, or jack your change while you're playing (that almost happened to a friend once. The kid brought the nickels back though)

Pyro_man7 12-19-2004 05:05 PM

theres literally only 3-5 people (including me) around where i live that can pass heavy. the rest fail on anything below a 5 footer. I'm also the best in my area.

Burninthefloor 12-20-2004 03:32 PM

Re: Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live?

There are only 3 other kids my age that are up to like standard. I am sure that there are older kids that I don't know that are better than me, but pretty much everyone sucks except for the few that own the game.

You know what is really annoying...I am from NJ so I go to the boardwalk during the summer. There are about 6 DDR Machines and whenever I go to play, there is always some kid on like light who is missing everyone and people always crowd around them and I have to stand and wait until they fail on the 4th stage. It drives me insane. I think the good people should be on one machine and the not so good ones on another. It would make everyone happy.

does anyone agree??

Pyro_man7 12-20-2004 08:37 PM

RE: Re: Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live?

if there was an arcade anywhere within an hour of me i suppose i could >_>

hEaLiNgViSiOnAnGeLicMiX 12-20-2004 08:55 PM

RE: Re: Are people actually GOOD at DDR where you live?

Quote:

I think the good people should be on one machine and the not so good ones on another. It would make everyone happy.

does anyone agree??
N00bs can play wherever they want. They'll only improve by learning from those who are better then them. You were once a n00b at DDR too (i don't know how good you are now, so I'll keep my mouth shut about that) so don't stereotype them. anyways...

Quote:

Meh, I can't waste some people, but most of the people I see nowadays I can beat no problem. I hate it a lot though when someone takes a picture of you playing
HAHAH! YES! You should visit Vegas sometime (don't know if you already have) and try playing at the Adventuredome...tourists constantly take pictures of you, someone took a vid of me playing once. I was mildly disturbed because it was a 20ish yearold man :S