Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   1-13 Difficulty Titles (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=131177)

krunkykai22 07-31-2013 10:05 AM

Re: 1-13 Difficulty Titles

mi40 really doesn't like the word Legend. Rofl.

Just so you know, D7 players ARE Legends. They are the top players and all of them have earned the right to be called Legends since the scores they have on files are incredible and are an example that good work and dedication pays off. So yes, they are Legends.

For Legends Only <--- Definitely agree with this name.

EDIT: Also, in regard to "dropping the For blank only" I am heavily against this. The name of the difficulties have been in place since before most of you even knew what FFR was. There were put in at the start of the entire site. It is something I feel shouldn't be touched. Why complain about it now? Lol. Just focus on the difficulties and the names of the hard ranged above FGO.

AlexDest 07-31-2013 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3949385)
EDIT: Also, in regard to "dropping the For blank only" I am heavily against this. The name of the difficulties have been in place since before most of you even knew what FFR was. There were put in at the start of the entire site. It is something I feel shouldn't be touched. Why complain about it now? Lol. Just focus on the difficulties and the names of the hard ranged above FGO.

sure lets make ffr look elitist thats the way to go

krunkykai22 07-31-2013 10:21 AM

How in the hell does that make FFR look "elitist"????

It's something that hasn't been touched since the start of this entire website. Lol

smartdude1212 07-31-2013 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by krunkykai22 (Post 3949385)
mi40 really doesn't like the word Legend. Rofl.

He just can't get down with the FLO...

...I'll see myself out.

axith 07-31-2013 10:58 AM

I'm sure those who made the charts in the higher difficulties didn't intend that D1 players would enjoy them. I don't really have an issue with the for___only stuff. I've always read it as, "this thing's frickin hard, you've been warned". From my original mashings of Silence, I never took the difficulty title as elitist. Even if it officially gets dropped, people will still call them by their fgo/fmo acronyms.

I like dossar's recommendations on the first 6 difficulties. I never liked "standard" as a difficulty. I'm not sure if standard was a difficulty in the 1-20 system, I never used it.

And Brutal for a 13 is fine by me. FLO not so much, I don't want to think of progressive insurance every time I read it.

SC_coolguy44 07-31-2013 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by axith (Post 3949404)
I like dossar's recommendations on the first 6 difficulties. I never liked "standard" as a difficulty. I'm not sure if standard was a difficulty in the 1-20 system, I never used it.

I didn't either. I personally think Moderate sounds better.

~Zeta~ 07-31-2013 12:38 PM

For Legends Onlyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

sounds badass to me

top 07-31-2013 01:04 PM

everything is fine.
just make the last difficulty Brutal or FBO or w/e. (honestly the only debate should be over the final difficulty name, nothing else)

people are thinking way too hard in this thread and it's annoying

James May 07-31-2013 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by top (Post 3949470)
FBO

For Bearfaces Only

Coolboyrulez0 07-31-2013 03:39 PM

FAGs

For Average Gamers

mi40 07-31-2013 03:44 PM

yess

Silvuh 07-31-2013 05:56 PM

I do think we should get something new agreed on for the first six difficulties.

The word "Mild" makes me think of salsa. Mild, medium, hot. And "Light" can also have a different meaning in the food world, though I know that's totally irrelevant to rhythm games. Just wanted to point it out in case anyone else had the same thought.

If we're going to get rid of Standard, I'd like to keep Light out of the names, too. It's odd to have just one of the words we use in difficulty tags in the actual difficulty names.

I don't think Beginner should be used with Very Easy and Easy, unless Beginner replaces Easiest. Beginner is certainly easier than Easy, but Easiest has to be the first difficulty if it's used. So my below suggestions are just trimmings of these lists:

Easiest < Beginner < Simple < Basic < Fair < Lenient < Moderate < Tricky
Easiest/Beginner < Very Easy < Easy < Basic ... ("Simple" sounds too ... elementary to be harder than "Easy", I think.)

So ...

Easiest < Very Easy < Easy < Light < Moderate < Tricky
>> This is just my earlier suggestion with "Moderate" instead of "Standard", if we're not all suddenly averse to using "Easy" for three difficulties.

Easiest < Very Easy < Easy < Basic < Moderate < Tricky
>> Same, but also replacing Light with Basic, which we don't use as a difficulty tag.

Easiest < Basic < Fair < Lenient < Moderate < Tricky
Simple < Basic < Fair < Lenient < Moderate < Tricky
>> Has some other words used in the old thread and avoids Easy, Light, and Standard.

Easiest < Beginner < Simple < Basic < Moderate < Tricky
Easiest < Beginner < Basic < Lenient < Moderate < Tricky
Beginner < Simple < Fair < Lenient < Moderate < Tricky
>> These are just some options using "Beginner".

Does it even matter? I think it does, but if it would take forever to agree on the little details, well ... that wouldn't be very fun and definitely not worth it.

P.S. I don't know why I didn't think of this until now, but ... how about instead of getting rid of "For ___ Only" we get rid of just the "Only". For Masters, For Gurus. As it's been said, "Master" and "Guru" themselves describe the player, not the difficulty. The files are designed for people of that skill level, and simply removing the "Only" makes it feel less exclusive and discriminative. A player of any skill level could play a hard file and just have fun mashing. ... (Oh, and in case this suggestion gets implemented, "Beginner" should go back to "For Beginners" for consistency.)

top 07-31-2013 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silvuh (Post 3949651)
thinking way too much

and simply removing the "Only" makes it feel less exclusive and discriminative

stop it with this train of thought, if people are going to actually take the "only" thing to heart and call it "discriminative WAAAHH" then they should find a new game or deal wid it. (and no, i'm not just calling you out it's been said a million times, so don't get butthurt <3)

stop overthinking shit uuggghhh

ilikexd 07-31-2013 06:07 PM

I like the idea of removing the "Only". Sounds pretty good.

popsicle_3000 08-1-2013 01:12 AM

we all know what would happen. people would still write FMO & FGO

dag12 08-1-2013 05:52 AM

I like something like "For Prodigies Only"
I like it because prodigy to me implies something of a natural talent - in my opinion, the 90+ range is a range that some people will never be able to do well, even with practice...

Xx{Fallen}xX 08-1-2013 06:04 AM

If you really want to keep it FSO then it could be, For Savant's Only.

EzExZeRo7497 08-1-2013 06:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mi40 (Post 3948620)
11 - For Experts Only
12 - For Masters Only
13 - For Gurus Only

Highly agree with this one, but the main issue is definitely the fact that we're all already oriented to FMO/FGOs, it's just really awkward to say "Molto Vivace is an FMO" if you're a long-time member lmao.

I personally don't mind seeing the "For _____ Only" gone, but I'm pretty sure most of us would still use "For _____ Only" anyway, even with that gone. For Savants Only/For Prodigies Only sounds great though. If they want the "F_O" part gone, then Revolutionary or Brutal would be great.

PaperclipGames 08-1-2013 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EzExZeRo7497 (Post 3950063)
Highly agree with this one, but the main issue is definitely the fact that we're all already oriented to FMO/FGOs, it's just really awkward to say "Molto Vivace is an FMO" if you're a long-time member lmao.

I personally don't mind seeing the "For _____ Only" gone, but I'm pretty sure most of us would still use "For _____ Only" anyway, even with that gone. For Savants Only/For Prodigies Only sounds great though. If they want the "F_O" part gone, then Revolutionary or Brutal would be great.

This exactly.

mi40 08-1-2013 01:17 PM

sigh