Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   The Werewolf Game (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   TWG 207: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD] (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=154473)

Arp! 08-20-2023 12:31 PM

Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4791330)
Waa it 7
I'm probably wrong on that

nope, both games were 9, I was totally wrong lol

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 12:32 PM

Re: TWG 208: The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel (side-episode) [GAME THREAD]

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arp! (Post 4791331)
oh yeah, good point

in that case, I agree that it would make sense to at least try in the first few phases, because the votes can still give us information

This is pretty much where I am at, yeah

So, got a vote to cast? EoD is tonight

Arp! 08-20-2023 12:34 PM

I'm gonna hold off for now
tempted to vote for one of the inactives, but they still have plenty of time to say something

T-Force 08-20-2023 12:42 PM

From a base pov, I can see where Haku is coming from just based on numbers alone.
3 wolves to 8 town is disadvantage in many ways, and also having our one-night vigi to begin with can basically make this game go from 3 to 8, to 3 to 5 and a MYLO situation *really* quickly; and that's not even counting our paranoid sword-wielder.

I do want to still vote, though, because voting is our power. If vigi doesn't shoot today, I think that's safer for town to ensure we don't lose on the next day, and shoots N2 while there's a better chance of hitting (if that makes sense).

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 12:52 PM

It does. Any vigi in almost any game should not use their shot the first night if they're only one shot.

.....now's a good time to drop the bomb that we may not want to vote inactive this setup? Lemme doublecheck the rules

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 12:55 PM

Ok no I misremembered or misread something along the line

We yeet these inactives outta here

Arp! 08-20-2023 12:56 PM

pffft-

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arp! (Post 4791338)
pffft-

Hey you

OP is long and I'm dumb

Arp! 08-20-2023 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4791337)
We yeet these inactives outta here

no the "pffft-" was in response to this lol

just out of curiosity, what did you think was in the rules that would've made voting out an inactive player a bad idea? might be helpful for future games

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arp! (Post 4791340)
no the "pffft-" was in response to this lol

just out of curiosity, what did you think was in the rules that would've made voting out an inactive player a bad idea? might be helpful for future games

I was thinking Jailer was limited to who was lead wagon for someone reason

This is not true, and they pick their own target

Arp! 08-20-2023 01:07 PM

ah!

I did a quick readthrough of the roles again, and somehow I completely forgot about the jailer. whoever that is has quite a lot of power

the sun fan 08-20-2023 01:24 PM

votecount:
Zenith (1)- Lar

Dafty.Pixel 08-20-2023 02:25 PM

Good morning everyone I know I am late in the day but I hope everyone doing well :)

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel (Post 4791344)
Good morning everyone I know I am late in the day but I hope everyone doing well :)

It's getting a little better for me

Have you read the last few pages? Any thoughts?

Dafty.Pixel 08-20-2023 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4791345)
It's getting a little better for me

Have you read the last few pages? Any thoughts?

I try but I am a little confused cause everyone talk about anything so is hard to understand what is a clue and what is a everyday chatting :p

T-Force 08-20-2023 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dafty.Pixel (Post 4791346)
I try but I am a little confused cause everyone talk about anything so is hard to understand what is a clue and what is a everyday chatting :p

Figuring out what's a clue, and what's not, is part of the game. If it were clear, then half the fun would be gone.

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 04:10 PM

Yeah, it gets easier to separate over time
But without the chatter you never get real momentum in the game, so you kind of need it

MixMasterLar 08-20-2023 04:11 PM

Hey Sourissette

Sourissette 08-20-2023 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4791283)
Word, then you already know the basics of what we're trying to accomplish

In that case, what are your thoughts on the current state of the thread?

It's certainly different from playing in real life with people you've known for a long time! Especially since English isn't my first language. It's a bit more difficult to discern intonations and stuff.

Quote:

I agree so much! (especially since I'm new to the community as a whole!) But from my understanding this is usual in a first phase?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MixMasterLar (Post 4791350)
Hey Sourissette

Hey!

mellon_collie 08-20-2023 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-Force (Post 4791335)
I do want to still vote, though, because voting is our power. If vigi doesn't shoot today, I think that's safer for town to ensure we don't lose on the next day, and shoots N2 while there's a better chance of hitting (if that makes sense).

I agree with this take. Voting is power, and voting is also information for future phases. If we don't vote it is not going to get any easier to solve the game over time with night actions, as there are way too many variables and unknowns. IMO it will be hard to solve with just night actions alone

Quote:

I usually struggle during D0, I think it's pretty normal to be confused at this point! Just try your best is all you can do

I hope Zenith and Lightknight show up