Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   The Speedrunning Thread (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=129184)

hi19hi19 01-10-2017 12:42 PM

Re: The Speedrunning Thread

See you're still stuck on that "making sense" part.

A better explanation is that they're historically prone to over-reacting to the slightest thing and blowing tiny issues out of proportion while looking the other way for other things, often with little rhyme or reason.
Swearing once = banned for 2 years. Wearing a pig suit and molesting the guy next to you every time you're on camera? No problem!

Charu 01-10-2017 01:09 PM

From what's being told by mouth about that issue.

Apparently the person in question has been warned in previous AGDQ's for misconduct.

But that's word of mouth, anyways. Is it true? Fuck if I know, but if it is, at least there's SOME sense of "sense" in their actions.

P3Prod1 01-10-2017 03:22 PM

PvtCb has had run-ins with the GDQ staff in the past for saying some shady things on twitter (joking about a mass shooting -> https://twitter.com/PvtCinnamonbun/s...74980061147136)

The reason he was banned from this marathon still does not make sense. Cyberdemon531 (a friend of PvtCb who was also banned) doesn't have the best reputation in the speedrunning community, but it's for reasons that should be completely unrelated to the marathon. Both PvtCb and Cyberdemon were put on a zero-tolerance watchlist for "death threats on twitter" as they entered the marathon, just as they were last year. This sort of makes sense for PvtCb, but Cyberdemon has never made any such threats. It's clear they are just hopping on the bandwagon in hating Cyberdemon and any of his associates.

PvtCb said he was banned initially for wearing the MAGA hat on stream, but there was proof in the VOD that he did not ever put the hat on his head, it was actually Cyberdemon531. Cyberdemon recorded the conversation they had with staff when PvtCb's badge was confiscated, and PvtCb uploaded the video to his youtube channel and made a pastebin on it -> http://pastebin.com/9fSeDsXu

After the video and the pastebin went viral, PvtCb said staff made up different reasons for his ban just to keep him out. (Damaged PCs in the PC room, unplugging cables, things he claims he didn't do). Cyberdemon was later banned from the marathon for the MAGA hat. http://pastebin.com/52y1dkSa

Nothing else particularly major has happened yet, other than Cyberdemon getting told "Fuck you" in an elevator by someone, being pointed at across the hotel restaurant, and someone leaving a note outside his hotel room door saying something along the lines of "you deserved it".

I've known both PvtCb and Cyberdemon for over a year, and I personally don't think they deserve this kind of treatment. But it's better to wait until more details come out before making any assumptions.

contrapatior 02-27-2017 05:08 PM

skies of arcadia has a legit any% speedrun document
the best right now is 13 hours and I think I'm gonna try speedrunning it

R.E. Aryxi 02-28-2017 02:50 AM

Yo I speedrun Final Fantasy X Any% for PC. Looking to get some runs of : Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages Any%, Mega Man Zero 3 Any%, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga All Bosses% on stream after I disable the region lock on my gamecube.

twitch.tv/crystals1n

AlexDest 09-19-2017 11:14 PM

third time's the charm

Dynam0 09-20-2017 08:59 PM

Yooo hype, gj alex!

I just started watching speedruns again after not watching the stuff for what feels like 2 years, good bedtime activity

AutotelicBrown 09-20-2017 09:12 PM

Damn you made it, good luck Alex!

Charu 09-21-2017 02:11 PM

Whoa, just noticed this thread got bumped.

That's hella nice Alex, good stuff!

And yeah, I've been up to Speedwatching again. Every night I usually turn a streamer on that's speedrunning. Usually it's a duder named Clint running Mario 64, but I like the dudes stream because he never really bursts in a fit of anger when something bad happens.

dAnceguy117 09-21-2017 08:25 PM

I think alex's screenshot was a submission, not an already-accepted thing?

still really cool either way. actually @alex I'll come watch you do non-gdq things if I ever remember to pull up twitch

AlexDest 09-21-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4587087)
I think alex's screenshot was a submission, not an already-accepted thing?

still really cool either way. actually @alex I'll come watch you do non-gdq things if I ever remember to pull up twitch

yeah it's just a submission

i feel like spyro won't get in again this AGDQ because crash: n. sane trilogy will probably just overshadow most of the playstation block. gdq needs that $$$ from the crash fanbase ya hear

also i haven't been streaming much nowadays because of work and gf but my boss gave me this weekend off so i'll be derusting/practicing spyro 2 100%

inDheart 09-21-2017 10:58 PM

lol
crash games at gdq
lol

Charu 09-22-2017 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by inDheart (Post 4587185)
lol
crash games at gdq
lol

I still remember that one run where the person was using domestic violence as jokes.

And then crashed the game at the very end deliberately.

AlexDest 10-10-2017 11:06 PM

pretty annoyed at this

don't even care about the free registration because i had that last year

should have just rejected it because an almost 2 hour run on backup is pointless lmao

James May 10-11-2017 02:02 AM

Hey, it's better than nothing, but it does feel annoying I guess.

Anyhow, gonna try to practice speedrunning Mario Kart Double Dash, Mothlight, Aviary Attorney and Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony.

From what I tried to gather in terms of running Mothlight, the biggest RNG hurdle from my playthrough of it was the battle with Idris. Idris has been the bane of my RNG existence because the rest of the game I can coast through easily.

The other games are easily runnable and at least doesn't push the RNG too hard compared to Mothlight

Charu 10-11-2017 12:48 PM

Well...

Look at it this way.

If it's a backup, it's eligible to be one of those games for incentives and stuff (from what I've observed from previous events). It could definitely be a possibility, but it's not guaranteed.

Meh, their loss.