Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   FFR Community Pack (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=90815)

omgitznpv 05-20-2008 09:40 PM

Re: FFR Community Pack

who's rubix

16rng 05-20-2008 09:41 PM

some bs'er

moches 05-20-2008 10:07 PM

How many people on FFR have a bone to pick with him -.- Shocks me

Although personally, there's no one here I can really say I hate. Other than daman, after I found out Sunny_Skies was actually him lmao what a f*ck-off

Oh, and accepted Icarus and Last Battle since Kommi and I liked them.

EDIT: Moar reviews

Blaze- 2/5 I won’t be a total bitch because this file wasn’t bad, but it seems fairly freeform to me. You could have rhythmically progressed the song, or made it more complex by adding in drumbeats, but all you did was follow the sound that was the most prominent. Also, where you layer the piano as minifreezes, the jump placement was extremely awkward. Again, layering technique plays a hand in here. Keep trying because I fap all over cornandbeans files.

Swallowing Da Avalanche- 3.5/5 To be honest, blew away my expectations. Your creativity works very well here. Some issues that bothered me throughout the song, however. First of all, jack placement seems very weird at times, especially the beginning. Secondly, there was a part in the middle where you suddenly didn’t use jumps after using them for 32+ measures. Lastly, every single time you used three 32nd notes was wrong, IMO. Slow down the work, and you have a fun, complex file. Well-done. PS. Do you know what pitch relevancy is? I wasn’t sure if you were using it here because it went so fast.

EDIT2: I went through the pack once. For the first time, I realize it really seems like a pack.

moches 05-20-2008 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar[os] (Post 2173337)
it's about ****ing time.

Now's The ****ing Time (what a horrible pun lmfao)

edit: 25 songs and it's still only 95.6 MB. :-(

jimerax 05-21-2008 03:24 AM

so when's the deadline and release date?

sry if you've already announced it somewhere.

kommisar[os] 05-21-2008 05:20 AM

sending a fix for now's da fucen time and i'm going to cut hell hath no fury to make it less long and get rid of the awkward beginning

ferrari93 05-21-2008 01:54 PM

hey if i fix blaze on time i'll send it here. i need to that part in the middle of the stream and do pr there. the part that makes it feel freeform. prob gonna take a while...also the snares in the beginning are rly awkward to step no matter what i do lol.

Legacyzero 05-21-2008 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrari93 (Post 2174671)
hey if i fix blaze on time i'll send it here. i need to that part in the middle of the stream and do pr there. the part that makes it feel freeform. prob gonna take a while...also the snares in the beginning are rly awkward to step no matter what i do lol.

You mind if we could collab on Blaze simfile. It might be like Necros's rose.

Scoring sim* ftw.

kommisar[os] 05-21-2008 04:40 PM

it would be pretty similar. but a decent file for it, as hard as it may be, is possible

omgitznpv 05-21-2008 05:10 PM

sorry for the delay, but i won't be able to judge until friday night sorry

just be patient lol

moches, btw, since so many people are submitting and apparently caring about this pack i think it would be a good idea to have it become a little larger actually. also, if we have to pull some files, it wouldn't get too small either.

Waffl3 05-21-2008 05:20 PM

Whens the deadline, i might step something for this.

moches 05-21-2008 05:37 PM

Yeah, I'm thinking we stop at 40 files, so even if we pull about 5, we'll still have 35 files.

Moar reviews (btw, Pluto pisses me off thanks a lot pitch relevancy >.<)

Pluto: 3/5 for technical accuracy, 5/5 for fun, 4/5 overall It’s sooooo close to being perfect, the BPM tricks were awesome, everything was so good, but you didn’t use pitch relevancy!! **** it, I don’t care, I’m accepting this.

Deep Striker: 4.5/5 Better than Legacy’s, I guess (sorry), but some parts had me questioning the layering, and other parts were just way too overboard. Slamming 12th note hands at 345 BPM isn’t fun at times.

ferrari93 05-21-2008 07:39 PM

maybe you should allow more files. i mean you got 100 submissions so this pack could be more than decent if more time is allowed for it. also i want to get more files in this but i've got exams coming up and i dont want to fail them because of stepmania lol.

omgitznpv 05-21-2008 07:54 PM

moches. can you not mark a file as fully judge and accepted when i didn't even know they were submitted yet rofl

Legacyzero 05-21-2008 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 2174890)

Deep Striker: 4.5/5 Better than Legacy’s, I guess (sorry), but some parts had me questioning the layering, and other parts were just way too overboard. Slamming 12th note hands at 345 BPM isn’t fun at times.

and I thought that song couldn't be an x-mod file at all rofl. Oh well, more excuse to dump my files in here.

omgitznpv 05-21-2008 08:01 PM

o btw, moches, don't close submissions until this one file im going to step soon. i'm going to make one good file for this pack, i guess.

Legacyzero 05-21-2008 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 2174890)
Pluto: 3/5 for technical accuracy, 5/5 for fun, 4/5 overall It’s sooooo close to being perfect, the BPM tricks were awesome, everything was so good, but you didn’t use pitch relevancy!! **** it, I don’t care, I’m accepting this.

Uh..... I really don't think people are going to like that sim very much if it has no pitch relevancy at all. I mean, you don't want to go overboard with it but pitch relevancy is like 60% of what file judging should be, other than fun and technical accuracy.

I guess if you think it's that fun, it should be pretty fun.

Legacyzero 05-21-2008 08:07 PM

apologizing for double post, but I'm about send my BEST FILE EVAR. (sarcasm)

just joking. It's just a file filled with ****ty x-mod stops and weird stuff with negative bpms rofl.

brb sending that my deep strikers has been kicked out.

moches 05-21-2008 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by omgitznpv (Post 2175042)
moches. can you not mark a file as fully judge and accepted when i didn't even know they were submitted yet rofl

I just happen to be super-impatient most of the time. My philosophy is that if I give it a bad grade, then more or less none of the other judges will like it since I'm one of the most lenient judges in SM history.

Also, you know a file is accepted when Kommi/you/Torrent has given it a 4.5/5. The same logic applies here, especially with NFC gone.

omgitznpv 05-21-2008 09:21 PM

Don't be impatient. I already know a bunch of people who have HEAVILY criticized the way the pack is turning out so far, even if they do not know what all the files are like.

Just because one judge gives it a good or bad grade doesn't mean that all the others will follow suit. Some judges can have different opinions, and holy ****, please, don't accept files with noticeable errors. If the original stepartist never bothers to fix them up, we'll have a load of work on our hands.