Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Sports (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=82)
-   -   The 2nd FFR Bracket Challenge? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=135828)

GuidoHunter 03-23-2014 11:33 PM

Re: The 2nd FFR Bracket Challenge?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tosh (Post 4103820)
Creighton is getting destroyed.

This pleases me.

Sic 'Em.

Well, my final four of Kansas, Nova, Zaga, and Wichita State isn't looking too hot.

--Guido

DotKritic 03-23-2014 11:56 PM

BYU is the only Final Four team that I have eliminated. Still have UCLA, Iowa St., and Louisville with Louisville winning it all over Iowa St.

Dark_Chrysalis 03-24-2014 12:12 AM

You decide which fits better!

*Play of the Day
*Approximately everyone's reactions to the brackets so far:

igotrhythm 03-24-2014 04:16 PM

The last perfect bracket (which was NOT entered into the billion-dollar sweepstakes!) has fallen. On a side note, I'm digging the Calvin and Hobbes tuba.

So I went digging through my room and found my clipped-out brackets from 2008 and 2009. Surprisingly, it showed that I used to know what I was doing in the 65-team era. Both had 40 or more correct picks, and the 08 bracket nailed the Final Four while 09 saw me correctly predicting North Carolina to win it all.

bballa48 03-24-2014 06:47 PM

Well...

if your bracket is destroyed, feel free to root for a fellow arrow smasher over here :)

http://skeveren.tumblr.com/

dAnceguy117 03-24-2014 07:00 PM

just a heads up, I can't seem to view your bracket using the link on that tumblr page.

really cool stuff dude. SDSU TO FINAL FOUR

j-rodd123 03-24-2014 07:29 PM

gl bballa, will be rooting for ya!!

RagedBerserker 03-25-2014 12:22 AM

So, I totally would have joined this if I had been more active recently (oops) but nonetheless I did fill out a bracket and I am in a couple pools that could garner me some serious cash moneyyyy (aka only like $1000 rofl).

I took a lot of time doing analysis, but I think too much time was used at certain points and I ended up rushing far too many games and teams near the end. So much time in fact that the last 5 or 6 games of the FIRST (second technically but come the fuck on) ROUND I didn't even analyze the teams or matchups due to time constraint. Oh well.

Unfortunately my first and second rounds were not very impressive, got burned by almost every single close game (except UConn thank God). I am still upset about SFA, UNC, Texas, North Dakota St., Saint Louis and Dayton. Those teams were obviously good enough to get the victory, but I felt like those wins just should not have happened (but I suppose that's what comes with parity). I can't be upset with Stanford, Tennessee, and Gonzaga.. I just analyzed those games completely wrong, those teams definitely deserved those wins. Even Mercer was good in my analysis, I was just too afraid to pull the trigger.

Only if I didn't have Wichita State going to the final game... those sons of bitches at Kentucky... (KENTUCKY, YOU ARE NOT THAT GOOD FROM BEYOND THE ARC, but still GG). I still have Michigan State, UCLA, and Baylor left to make the Final 4, with Michigan State taking it all (like fucking everyone else). Luckily my final four isn't completely mainstream, so hopefully I can rack up the points over other's losses and win some o' that ca$h moneyyyyyyy.

Lastly, I was broken at the end of Saturday night. I am a huge Syracuse Orange fan and I support and follow the Oregon Ducks as well. Both teams lost in pretty shitty fashion at about the same time, and of course I had them both winning those games in my bracket as well. Very unfortunate indeed, but with Syracuse I really should have seen it coming.

dAnceguy117 03-27-2014 03:30 PM

games start soon! which 1 should I watch

bballa48 03-27-2014 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dAnceguy117 (Post 4106658)
games start soon! which 1 should I watch

uhhhh all of them

lumphoboextreme 03-28-2014 04:02 AM

was 3/3 betting games today had Dayton +3, Florida -4.5, and San Diego State +7.5

EDIT: also have a prop bet on Florida to make the final 4 that I got at -131 odds.

RagedBerserker 03-28-2014 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumphoboextreme (Post 4106942)
was 3/3 betting games today had Dayton +3, Florida -4.5, and San Diego State +7.5

EDIT: also have a prop bet on Florida to make the final 4 that I got at -131 odds.

Yeah, end of Round 1 I made $79 on those blowout wins by Virg, UCLA, Baylor, and Zona

robertsona 03-28-2014 09:41 PM

hella! uconn!

DotKritic 03-28-2014 11:27 PM

Iowa St. lost. Louisville lost. My bracket is officially shit.

edit: Elite Eight includes: #1 Florida vs #11 Dayton; #4 Michigan State vs #7 Connecticut; #1 Arizona vs #2 Wisconsin; #8 Kentucky vs #2 Michigan

tosh 03-28-2014 11:38 PM

My bracket is done for but idc because one of my friends who had Louisville winning it all called Wichita State terrible for losing to a dysfunctional Kentucky team.

I'm laughing too much to even care about my bracket.

eastsideman09 03-29-2014 12:55 AM

As long as MSU beats UF in the Final 4 I CAN STILL WINNNNNNNN

lumphoboextreme 03-29-2014 04:54 AM

I guess I'm the favorite to win the FFR bracket now even though mine was awful.

EDIT: Apparently you only need to hit about 55% of your picks to bet sports for a living, I have a documented 60% so far in 2014 lol I should start selling my picks $$$

tosh 03-29-2014 06:47 PM

Ran some calculations and there are only 3 people who can possibly win the FFR bracket at this point:
eastsideman - Michigan State in title game pretty much = gg
lumpho - Florida in title game pretty much = gg
emerald - Wisconsin in title game + either Dayton or Connecticut in title game = gg

igotrhythm 03-29-2014 09:39 PM

Emerald has Wisconsin winning tonight. I have Arizona.

But I'm from Wisconsin.

Hrm...

Also, Emerald can't win because he had Syracuse vs. Wisconsin in the title game. He can pick up some points if the Spartans win tomorrow, but...

tosh 03-29-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by igotrhythm (Post 4107361)
Also, Emerald can't win because he had Syracuse vs. Wisconsin in the title game. He can pick up some points if the Spartans win tomorrow, but...

I was reading the scoring for each round wrong whoops. Yeah, eastsideman and lumpho are the only ones who can win at this point.