Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Chit Chat (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   Long distance relationships? (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=119415)

UberMario 06-30-2011 09:42 PM

Re: Long distance relationships?

Wow, yeah

Missdeltona07 06-30-2011 09:47 PM

Hehe I Do Agree..... Some Longdistance Relationships Dont Quite Work Out. Im Currently In A Long Distance Relationship And In My Mind We R Working Out Great..... And Yeah Of Course I Think Hes The Only Guy In The World For Me, Its Hard Not To Think That About Some1 U Love, Right? In My Eyes I Love Him More Than Anything :)
We Have Been Together For 1 Year And... 3 Months :)
Hehe They Do Work Out At Times :)

robertsona 06-30-2011 09:50 PM

oh my lord

Arch0wl 07-1-2011 04:10 AM

Given that I consistently score a flat 0 on "exploitative", "manipulative" and other variations of "uses people" on every personality test I've taken that measures it and given that even a trace feeling that I may have exploited someone causes a blast of guilt to my conscience I seriously doubt I am secretly a gold-digging freeloader who boards a lifelong relationship to resolve student loan debt.

But even if I was a piece of shit deep down, I have no way of knowing what unconscious factors influence my decision to stay with someone because "unconscious" by very definition prohibits conscious knowledge.

jaz_pup 03-12-2014 12:47 AM

So curious as to how some of these turned out! It's been nearly 3 years, have any of you changed your opinions in that time??

Mollocephalus 03-12-2014 08:55 AM

Wasn't around when this thread was made, basically i agree with what most people said- long distance relationships are worthwhile only if you get to meet each other, see if you are really fit to be together, and then try to move in. Everything else is eventually bound to fail. Computer-only relationships are definitely going to fail. If you're looking for nothing serious, long distance relationships are not for you. If you need constant presence of the other person, unless the long distance thing doesn't last for long, you won't make it.

Source: a lot of anecdotal evidence and first hand experience.

Xiz 03-12-2014 10:13 AM

It works if you both have what it takes. Simple as that.

Charu 03-12-2014 10:16 AM

Xiz, bby, sorry, but... I need to break it up with you. It's not working out.

JohnRedWolf87 03-12-2014 10:21 AM

I'm too much into physical affection for long distance relationships.

Xiz 03-12-2014 10:25 AM

I take back everything I said.

Spenner 03-12-2014 10:25 AM

I've been in one of these for more than 3 years now because of the FFR shutdown/me moving to some other places temporarily lol. It's working out good. I think we have what it takes.

Cavernio 03-12-2014 10:38 AM

Yeah...long distance relationships are shit. That's why I'm moving ASAP, preferably by the end of next week.

Trogdor!!!! 03-12-2014 11:25 AM

Long distance is pretty much the worst

mellonxcollie 03-12-2014 11:27 AM

Long distance is terrible, cross-border is a fucking nightmare

One Winged Angel 03-12-2014 12:01 PM

idk guys, it's not that bad (but we've been able to afford seeing each other every 2-3 months or so for 1-2 weeks at a time so eh, maybe this isn't characteristic of the average LDR)

DarknessXoXLight 03-12-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4095105)
Long distance is terrible, cross-border is a fucking nightmare

not rly lol.

me and rob's relationship has been pretty easy. i have to cross the border every time i see him and it goes smoothly and yeah. lol this kind of relationship just takes a bit of extra effort which i have no problem giving. ezpz k bye.

mellonxcollie 03-12-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarknessXoXLight (Post 4095161)
me and rob's relationship has been pretty easy. i have to cross the border every time i see him and it goes smoothly and yeah. lol this kind of relationship just takes a bit of extra effort which i have no problem giving. ezpz k bye.

I'm not going to go into details of my personal life too much but basically if the border decides they want to fuck you, they get to fuck you and you can't do anything about it. My life was hell for ages because of the goddamn border.

Be thankful that you are both white people!!!!!~~~~~

devonin 03-12-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cavernio (Post 4095064)
Yeah...long distance relationships are shit. That's why I'm moving ASAP, preferably by the end of next week.

:D

DarknessXoXLight 03-12-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mellonxcollie (Post 4095165)
Be thankful that you are both white people!!!!!~~~~~

lol..

SK8R43 03-12-2014 12:38 PM

nothing wrong with them at all.