Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=122919)

WSCB 03-27-2012 04:03 PM

Re: Dragons Fury: Custom Tournament #7

Welp.

This one will require practice.

xXOpkillerXx 03-27-2012 08:35 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Well that was a very fun AAA to get, took me at least 15-20 tries :3 Also played round 3. (I didn't have much time to play in the last week so yeah... Also prolly not gonna post my Solitude Sun score cuz I don't like it.)

00Razor00 03-27-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~Zeta~ (Post 3665766)
double thrash is one hell of a mess. fun, though.

Thanks mang. :')

Quote:

Originally Posted by hi19hi19 (Post 3665870)
This score made me curious as to what the file felt like, so I played it.

Wow that file was pretty cool! I see though why people are saying it feels a little bit messy, I think you were somewhat let down by your pattern choice making things harder to read than they should be. There were lots of split patterns and 1-handed gallops that were very difficult to read and PA compared to other parts of the file. Perhaps that was intentional, but I'll offer a little advice anyway:

I'll go ahead and toot my own horn here (please don't hate, I'm trying to help) and mention my Arcitca file on Dossar's engine as an example of the kinds of patterns I advocate using for hard-to-read sections of dicksynced guitar solos. Considering how weird some of the rhythms are when you sync a guitar song like that, you usually want to do the players a favor in choosing patterns that are fairly simple to follow as it will be hard to PA already due to the strange rhythms.
Using more "connected" patterns, i.e. 1234 over 1324 makes the hardest parts of dicksynced solos easier to read and PA. Then you can save more "split" patterns for when the solo is less intense, to keep it interesting.
My 2c, take it or leave it

Thanks for the advice, Chris. I'll definitely take everything ya said into mind whenever I step more songs like these. As for pattern choice, I converted some of them from IIDX Another chart into 4k, which explains why most of them are weird/hard to PA. On another note, most of the 2nd solo got converted pretty badly, resulting in most of the runs being nasty to hit. But nonetheless, glad you enjoyed it, and I'll def keep your advice in mind for future files. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by xXOpkillerXx (Post 3666084)
Well that was a very fun AAA to get, took me at least 15-20 tries :3

Haha, sick AAA on Double Thrash! :)

hi19hi19 03-27-2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 00Razor00 (Post 3666134)
Thanks for the advice, Chris. I'll definitely take everything ya said into mind whenever I step more songs like these. As for pattern choice, I converted some of them from IIDX Another chart into 4k, which explains why most of them are weird/hard to PA. On another note, most of the 2nd solo got converted pretty badly, resulting in most of the runs being nasty to hit. But nonetheless, glad you enjoyed it, and I'll def keep your advice in mind for future files. :)

Yeah man it was a ton of fun even despite the patterns. Very promising, I'm liking your files so far!

xXOpkillerXx 03-27-2012 09:37 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't really care if my scores don't count cuz I was very late but I'll still post them for fun cuz I like the files. (Even though it would be sad if I couldn't compete.)

TC_Halogen 03-27-2012 11:59 PM

Updated.

XXXsmittyXXX 03-28-2012 12:50 AM

Happy with this

But not with this. Those runningmen after the intro are frustrating. I may try again later today haha

FrozenAngel91 03-28-2012 01:34 AM

Welp apparently now is when I start failing out. Stupid jumpstream, I want something else >.<

Though I am getting scores I'm proud of at least

Except for this one. Though honestly to improve this I'd have to get lucky (same with re-usatei but at least 2 goods is a really good score for me on that one)

Xx{Midnight}xX 03-28-2012 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3665379)

EDITED IN MY PLACE HOLDERS. PLEASE DON'T MISS THEM.
Thanks <3

You missed them :3

Though I should have waited to repost <3

TC_Halogen 03-28-2012 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xx{Midnight}xX (Post 3666280)
You missed them :3

Though I should have waited to repost <3

STUPID SPOILERS

fixed

Xx{Midnight}xX 03-28-2012 03:02 AM

Thank you Aj <3

JJTrixX 03-28-2012 10:17 AM

finally fced this one :-P

XxMidigamixX 03-28-2012 11:51 AM

zzz

gg D2

edit: funny how I almost have the same PA for both Derezzed and Invincible xP
edt 2: le difficult spike is le fun spike :3, handling that shit like it's nothing <3

mrpreggers 03-28-2012 02:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)
WOW I keep missing that 3rd to last note.. I can't ****ing hit it. And 3 of these goods are stooopid.

xXOpkillerXx 03-28-2012 02:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hey AJ I think you forgot to add my Tinkerbot Boss AAA score I posted a while ago :3
EDIT: Looked for it and can't find it so maybe I forgot to post... Here it is:

XXXsmittyXXX 03-28-2012 05:29 PM

Okay, happier

xXOpkillerXx 03-28-2012 05:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm raging pretty hard at that file right now smitty, the last ~15 notes of the runningmen are weird to me... and I'm getting so many random derpy runs... I know I can AAA though. Also, got that

00Razor00 03-28-2012 05:57 PM

~my thoughts~

D1:

Right Back Up: Cool SGX chart. Pretty straight forward to say the least. I'd like to see a harder version fo this
if you ever make one. :)

Rogueport: Very nice chart, and probably the only one I've seen by you that's very well crafted. Good job! :)

D2:

Derezzed: I have no clue what you're trying to accent in this file by using 64ths all over the place.
It's one thing to use color theory, it's another to place it all over the place "because you can."
File's decent.

Invincinble: Felt highly exaggerated to me with the constant jump gluts everywhere and lolquad walls. It's okay. Could've been better.

D3:

Re-Usatei: Cool chart. Flowed really well, no complaints here. :)

The Sweety Man: Oh man. This was hella hella fun. Drumstep done right! Good job. :)

D4:

Crimson Flood: skhgjdghskjd Godspeed done right.

Valgar: Another beast Scintill file! I'm liking your stuff so far in this tourney :3

D5:

Double Thrash: explained in previous post

Strong Jaeger: Cool collab by bmah and I.

D6:

NNRT: Man, this file would've been amazing had it not converted so badly. Despite this, it's very well done
and fun to play. Good job, Brent!

To Luv Me: I loved the color trills you used in the ending vs. using a huge ass roll. Cool stuff though.
I think I find this one more enjoyable than the other one :3

FFRGreen 03-28-2012 06:23 PM

Zekramcross 03-28-2012 06:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 29107

Attachment 29108