Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR Batch Forum (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=100)
-   -   Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=116884)

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 05:23 PM

Re: Queue/Batch Discussion Thread v2 [Regular batch: OPEN]

Here maybe this will reassure you enough to stop making posts like that

I'm not done in the forum yet for it to be public and I still need to discuss some things with Dossar. So you're just going to have to be patient.

Before anyone comments on the engine that it's on, this is what we have for now. Pretty sure R^3 is in the future (Dossar is the one that knows how all that works), but this is what we have for now.

I guess I should also note that this new system is starting on the Jan 2015 batch because the other one is already in progress and a little bit messy. I'm pretty sure with some of us banding together we can get that one out soon.

Charu 01-27-2016 05:40 PM

Hmm... for R^3 use, I think all you need is make an xml for it and you'll be good to go.

Don't think you need to do anything fancy to t-xmlfeedbacktest.php

So something like this

<arc_engines>
<engine legacySync="true" legacySyncLevel="29" legacySyncLow="-6" legacySyncHigh="0">
<id>ffrbatch</id>
<name>Public Batch</name>
<domain>(Wherever you're hosting them)</domain>
<songURL>(Wherever you're hosting them)/levels</songURL>
<playlistURL>(Wherever you're hosting them)/t-xmlfeedbacktest.php</playlistURL>
</engine>
</arc_engines>

Charu 01-27-2016 05:42 PM

Also, I'd probably start at level id being 100 because I've learned when I dealt with this in Team Blaze (I still kind of handle it) that older levels are hard coded (I guess?) to have weird ass syncs to them.

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 05:45 PM

Dossar knows how to do the R^3 thing, he's had something for it before. I'm just out of the loop because I don't use it and haven't really worked with it. I just don't want to say anything is concrete when I don't have all the answers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4401401)
Also, I'd probably start at level id being 100 because I've learned when I dealt with this in Team Blaze (I still kind of handle it) that older levels are hard coded (I guess?) to have weird ass syncs to them.

The offset has nothing to do with that in this case, the ones that have been way off were literally way off in DDReam and I've had to adjust them. Plus none of the levels are by number here anyway. (remember I ran dragonsfury engine for years myself)

Basically my last two days have been looking at all the files in ddream to make sure the offsets are correct and fixing the ones that aren't, then converting each file which as you know is time consuming. Then breaking them down into sets because we are still keeping sets, individual threads will get messy and confusing. From there Dossar is uploading them to the engine. We didn't know what this engine's offset was going to end up being so I actually ended up reconverting a ton of files so that all of them should hopefully play at the same offset.
Then working on setting up the new forum, getting the threads up for the sets, etc.
Plus I've been reviewing OT files and there's 3 more sets of those up too, so yeah.

Charu 01-27-2016 05:50 PM

Sure sure, but just letting you know that it's relatively painless, dohoho.

EDIT: The R^3 thing I mean. =T

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 05:52 PM

Anyway, I kind of lost some steam on this because I had to drive Stian to the airport. We just got back a little bit ago because everything is still a pretty big mess from the blizzard and there were accidents. I'm not sure if Dossar will be on again tonight or not, but I'm hoping this can get rolled out in the next few days.

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 07:04 PM

Update:

I have all the files converted for the batches and broken down into sets aside from the Nov 2015. That batch I actually haven't seen yet and I'm going to peek at it to see if anything fits for the OT then I'll work on converting that one.

A good portion of the forum is ready to go. I just need to talk with Dossar to make sure we're on the same page as to how this system is working and the rules/guidelines for it.

DossarLX ODI 01-27-2016 07:49 PM

The earliest I'll be able to continue with this (such as making a proper r^3 xml, more uploading, etc.) is Thursday later in the afternoon. Thursdays are my worst days since I literally have assessments, labs, and class from the 8 am in the morning to 3:15 pm with a lunch break after the lab (meaning I wake up really early).

On Friday I'll also leverage some other things, but in the meantime I've given Prawnskunk a development plan to look over concerning a new Batch Search Engine site. The current data on the BSE demo site is three weeks old and the focus is getting the new site up -- Prawnskunk has also been really busy, although with a development plan it should be more clear as to what I'm looking for.

psychoangel691 01-27-2016 11:02 PM

Organized everything for the batches in the normal judges forum, uploaded all zip folders for the sets as well. Again these will not be public because most of our permissions are based on us not distributing the mp3s.

Aside from the November batch I've gone just about as far as I can go on my own in terms of progressing this forward. Tomorrow morning I will finish up the November batch.

HeZe 01-28-2016 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4401393)
Your files are part of what's slowing me down because I don't know what you do but the offset is always way off and I can't get them to open in ddream for some reason so I have to take extra time to get them right to get them on the engine.

Oh well that's strange.

But things are well :D. Sometimes you need to spank the horse a bit to make it run ;D

Charu 01-28-2016 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401734)
But things are well :D. Sometimes you need to spank the horse a bit to make it run ;D

Ugggggggh

ItsOnlyDanO 01-28-2016 03:22 AM

Quote:

Oh well that's strange.

do us all a favour

and stop posting

thank you

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 06:49 AM

Quote:

Oh well that's strange.

I really hope you don't think for a second that any of this had to do with your posting. Silv quit, I talked to Dossar and was like hey here's what I think could work. Got a yeah lets see if we can give this a try, and I ran with what ever work I was capable of to get things moving in the right direction for this to hopefully go up ASAP.

You seem to constantly be patting yourself on the back as if your threads and posts are what's getting things done when in reality there's always been things getting worked on, it just tends to be slow. Everyone working on things have outside lives and can't commit a full 100% to a website for free. Take into consideration the fact that people are doing this with no compensation and yet still doing it even though majority of the time it's a thankless job and we have people constantly complaining.

And I don't want to hear "bring more people on board" because we've tried and guess what, majority of the time they end up doing nothing or just disappear. A good example of this is new judges were brought on and then almost everyone just disappeared, there's only like 2 active judges and then AJ and myself trying to fill in places. This is also why the new system failed, it's actually a really good system but when all your judges basically go MIA at once, there's not much you can do.
I was also trying to get the youtube project going and that was an extended offer to all the community to help. I got like 2 videos out of it. Now that's on the back burner because there's bigger things I have to focus on and I can't sit here and do all the content for that by myself, I don't have the time. I have two toddlers, school and other stuff to do.

BTW, keep spanking the horse and you're likely to see more people leave because frankly every time I see people just being negative and acting like we're not doing anything I question why I pour so many hours into the site.

SKG_Scintill 01-28-2016 07:24 AM

I like making files

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SKG_Scintill (Post 4401763)
I like making files

I like your files

psychoangel691 01-28-2016 08:57 AM

Alright went through the Nov batch, pulled 3 files out and moved them to the OT batch. The rest are converted and all that good stuff.

So at this point I don't think there's anything else I can personally do for this right now. Dossar mentioned he has a busy day today, so be patient please.

Gonna go work on more OT stuff for now.

SKG_Scintill 01-28-2016 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4401764)
I like your files

You won't like Seiran's Mad Hammer

HeZe 01-28-2016 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by psychoangel691 (Post 4401759)
I really hope you don't think for a second that any of this had to do with your posting. Silv quit, I talked to Dossar and was like hey here's what I think could work. Got a yeah lets see if we can give this a try, and I ran with what ever work I was capable of to get things moving in the right direction for this to hopefully go up ASAP.

You seem to constantly be patting yourself on the back as if your threads and posts are what's getting things done when in reality there's always been things getting worked on, it just tends to be slow. Everyone working on things have outside lives and can't commit a full 100% to a website for free. Take into consideration the fact that people are doing this with no compensation and yet still doing it even though majority of the time it's a thankless job and we have people constantly complaining.

And I don't want to hear "bring more people on board" because we've tried and guess what, majority of the time they end up doing nothing or just disappear. A good example of this is new judges were brought on and then almost everyone just disappeared, there's only like 2 active judges and then AJ and myself trying to fill in places. This is also why the new system failed, it's actually a really good system but when all your judges basically go MIA at once, there's not much you can do.
I was also trying to get the youtube project going and that was an extended offer to all the community to help. I got like 2 videos out of it. Now that's on the back burner because there's bigger things I have to focus on and I can't sit here and do all the content for that by myself, I don't have the time. I have two toddlers, school and other stuff to do.

BTW, keep spanking the horse and you're likely to see more people leave because frankly every time I see people just being negative and acting like we're not doing anything I question why I pour so many hours into the site.

Well I am really sorry that you think I'm not appreciating the effort you all are putting towards this. I really do appreciate, especially you, TC_Halogen and Dossar. I just happened to post like two days too late, when things got kicked on the move again. All I knew by that point was that there had been only 3 sets judged of the hard songs batch and the regular was on a complete standstill too. By the time I posted that I thought that things were still like this and nothing was being done. I am only worried about things, and I thing that it is really better to post things like this than no posts at all for weeks. You may think differently.

But to be honest, if you think that I as a normal user am completely unimportant, you don't need to use your precious time to answer my messages.

PS: If my comments cause people to stop trying to do their jobs, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. No criticism allowed, yippy fucking yay.

YoshL 01-28-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401970)
But to be honest, if you think that I as a normal user am completely unimportant, you don't need to use your precious time to answer my messages.

PS: If my comments cause people to stop trying to do their jobs, they shouldn't be doing it in the first place. No criticism allowed, yippy fucking yay.

part a) being super passive-aggressive. not needed.

part b) what i get from this is "i shouldn't have to care about what comes out of my mouth, it's everyone else's problem"

did you ever bother to take a step back and try to figure out why people were calling you out? It's not so much as criticism as you trying to attribute progress to yourself. Your explanation that you gave does not match up with the types of posts you were making, which makes your explanation seem like bullshit, whether it's actually true or not lol

TC_Halogen 01-28-2016 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeZe (Post 4401970)

stop