Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

MaxGhost 06-1-2011 09:03 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Velo wins moar internetz

I'm glad my suggestions didn't get ignored :D

xBBx Takedown 06-1-2011 09:09 PM

I feel like I just been stalked :( I saw that Velo!

YoshL 06-1-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xBBx Takedown (Post 3478536)
I feel like I just been stalked :( I saw that Velo!

i see that too.

MaxGhost 06-2-2011 01:14 AM

Another quick suggestion: Count on how many song are currently in the song list, or how many are found by the sort. Would be a quick and easy way to count something like "How many more VC FCs do I have left?", or "How many songs are 0:00 to 1:00 long?", etc.

Zageron 06-2-2011 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3478771)
Another quick suggestion: Count on how many song are currently in the song list, or how many are found by the sort. Would be a quick and easy way to count something like "How many more VC FCs do I have left?", or "How many songs are 0:00 to 1:00 long?", etc.

Seems like this would be, somewhat useless, clutter.
Maybe...

MaxGhost 06-2-2011 01:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3478777)
Seems like this would be, somewhat useless, clutter.
Maybe...

What? Hell no. It would just be a label under the song list showing how many are in the list. In Velo's engine, you can use the search criterias to generate lists, and each list answers a question.

ScarletSky 06-2-2011 01:37 AM

MY BIGGEST #1 SUGGESTION EVAR!!!!! :

Make the game Flash 10 compatible. >.>

rushyrulz 06-2-2011 01:39 AM

it is flash 10 compatible, just not flash 10 smoothable :O.

ScarletSky 06-2-2011 01:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rushyrulz (Post 3478795)
it is flash 10 compatible, just not flash 10 smoothable :O.

Smoothable?
Anyway, you understand what I mean though. Flash 10 makes things run a hell of a lot smoother and faster. If we could just get Velo's engine to be compatible (reason why it isn't smooth and crashes is because of compatibility issues somewhere. probably because it still runs on an OOOOOLD version of action script), maybe I could finally AAA another VC. :D

Zageron 06-2-2011 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaxGhost (Post 3478789)
What? Hell no. It would just be a label under the song list showing how many are in the list. In Velo's engine, you can use the search criterias to generate lists, and each list answers a question.

Oh. I see what you mean, just had a look in the engine. Entirely Velo's decision.

@ScarletSky
plz look up at velo's last post and tell us to make it flash 10 compatible again
owait

bmah 06-2-2011 02:21 AM

Absolutely a fabulous job on blackwebb, Velocity.

MaxGhost 06-2-2011 02:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zageron (Post 3478815)
Oh. I see what you mean, just had a look in the engine. Entirely Velo's decision.

... Obviously it's his decision... That's why I posted it as a suggestion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarletSky (Post 3478799)
Smoothable?
Anyway, you understand what I mean though. Flash 10 makes things run a hell of a lot smoother and faster. If we could just get Velo's engine to be compatible (reason why it isn't smooth and crashes is because of compatibility issues somewhere. probably because it still runs on an OOOOOLD version of action script), maybe I could finally AAA another VC. :D

That would require rewriting the entire engine from the ground-up in Actionscript 3. Right now, iirc, it's in Actionscript 2, which is kinda slow on flash 10 cause it's not 100% backwards compatible. Flash 10 is optimized to run AS3 better because it's a newer standard.

Velocity 06-2-2011 12:10 PM

FFR is compiled using the Flash 8 compiler for Flash 8 standalone purposes. I'll have another compile for flash 10 along side the flash 8 one this time.

Since BlackWebb is AS3, it by default will only support Flash 10 and up.

MaxGhost 06-2-2011 02:49 PM

What is blackwebb anyways? Is it somekind of social engine for FFR? Or does it/will it have playing capabilities as well?

qqwref 06-2-2011 03:15 PM

If blackweb has the same problem as the current engine (of being unplayably laggy when I do it in-browser), will I still be able to use the older engine on the standalone?

Velocity 06-2-2011 03:27 PM

Standalone will always work for the FFR Engines. Both new and old.

TC_Halogen 06-2-2011 04:06 PM

I have a question similar to qqwref -- are the older engines going to stay available on FFR while Blackweb is up, or will they be removed a bit after BW's release?

LJRoX 06-2-2011 04:50 PM

Suggesting a page of achievements... Like tier points

Velocity 06-2-2011 05:04 PM

Velocity Engine ~Finally~ Build
- Display server time
- Display Credits earned after song
- Extend hotkeys into results screen
- Arrows spawners are now invisible
- Average rank is also displayed in the stat bar
- Save Frame offset

Legacy Engine Ver.910
- Mute button
- Display server time
- Song search
- Arrows spawners are now invisible
- Average rank is also displayed in the stat bar
- Save Frame offset

Multiplayer Ver: 6/2/2011
- Fix that wonderful scroll-bar
- Button to auto search opponents song

They may be some bugs with things not loading, this is because I moved some files around but I'm not 100% sure I changed all of them in the engines. I hope I did though.

ScarletSky 06-2-2011 05:28 PM

What is Blackweb?
I've heard it mentioned here and there. But all I can guess is that it's a new engine for FFR.