Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Tournaments (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   TC_Halogen's Christmas Tournament! (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=128001)

~Zeta~ 12-25-2012 07:48 AM

Re: TC_Halogen's Christmas Tournament!

oh, that silly AJ.

Elite Ninja 12-25-2012 07:51 AM

Next round starts on the 27th due to Christmas and all

Spoiled_Milk 12-25-2012 10:18 AM

Merry Christmas all :-) Congrats to all that made it to the next round also. See y'all in a few days.

Ksl33zy24 12-25-2012 11:53 AM

hoping to play more rounds before i travel but with it being pushed, lame :/

TC_Halogen 12-25-2012 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3823300)
As far as the rest of you guys, I can't hold the round back forever -- considering the pretty respectable amount of people that haven't mentioned anything involving Christmas, a large majority of the people in the tournament can continue to play under the current time constraints. With that being said, a lot of people already have submitted for round 2 and those who haven't submitted haven't bothered to contact me (or in the case of the site issue, haven't bothered to contact someone to contact me). This kind of issue is foreign to me, and it is incredibly unfair for those who got their good scores early to be trumped by others that got their scores during a period that shouldn't have been part of the same round.

What I'm going to do is this: this round will end normally, on the 24th at 11:59 PM CST (and the tiebreaker will end tonight, at 11:59 CST). After this round, I will pause the tournament for two days and restart it on the 27th, at 11:59 PM CST. Hopefully by then, the DNS issues with the site will be resolved and those of you that are on vacation will have your situations resolved by then. If any of you are still away from your computers, message me and I'll work with you.

For reference.

The new round starts on the 27th, at 11:59 PM CST. I'll look at the scores that I have on the third post and compare them against the dashboard -- any scores that slipped in on the 25th will be removed.

EDIT: Scores have been resolved. Due to smartdude's inability to access the site and his overall skill level, I rewarded him a AAA for the round. I also added one person to the elimination cutoff, so the tiebreaker in D5 between Plan_B and AlexDest still exists.

It's the fairest thing I can do -- smartdude clearly had the intent on playing but the site prevented him from doing so, not his own personal plans.

Netjet! 12-25-2012 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3824476)
Yeah, I fell asleep; entirely my fault. I'm going to resolve the scores tomorrow - I just came on to end the round (albeit 30 minutes late) - the people that SHOULD be in the next round will be reflected after I take of things when I wake up. Scores are all logged with dates, so I can see when they were obtained.

Yeah I noticed I played literally 3 minutes after server time went to 12:00 :< Good luck everyone haha, merry christmas!

Plan_Bsk81127 12-25-2012 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3824668)
so the tiebreaker in D5 between Plan_B and AlexDest still exists.

lol, might as well just take the elimination

smartdude1212 12-25-2012 09:26 PM

OH AJ. :*

While away at my father's I was finally able to access FFR on my phone, albeit briefly. It was already the 24th before I could view the site, though I had no access to a computer while there. Had the site been available on the 21st/22nd I would've obtained my score then. I knew from the onset of the tournament that I would be available for at least part of each round, but then FFR foiled my plans.

Regardless, I'm glad you're in the Christmas spirit heehee (and if you wanted me to sup 3 goods to at least prove I've earned my place, I could do that).

qqwref 12-25-2012 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3824668)
Due to smartdude's inability to access the site and his overall skill level, I rewarded him a AAA for the round. [...] smartdude clearly had the intent on playing but the site prevented him from doing so, not his own personal plans.

Haha, are you serious? This is totally not how tournaments work.

mirror_eclipse 12-25-2012 09:43 PM

ngl, in the case that smartdude gets a free AAA I think that netjet submitting his score 3 minutes late shouldn't be such a big deal. not trying to start anything, just saying.

3lijah 12-25-2012 09:50 PM

Uh... AJ.... I BF'd my division's song, but I didnt get the damn screen cap(accidentally pressed the ctrl key and went to the menu... im using the R^3 engine.). Do I have to play again for the screen cap or am I safe?

TC_Halogen 12-25-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3824821)

How other tournaments are run really doesn't matter to me -- all I care about is being fair. There's nothing unfair about what I did; smartdude had extenuating circumstances that prevented him from being able to play, and had absolutely no chance to do so because of the site itself, not because of plans that pushed him away from the computer. He easily possesses the skill to AAA, and I guarantee you that if I gave him 10 minutes, he would get better than the elimination cutoff anyway. In addition to putting smartdude through, the elimination threshold got increased by one so that the rest of the Master division remained affected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror_eclipse (Post 3824823)
ngl, in the case that smartdude gets a free AAA I think that netjet submitting his score 3 minutes late shouldn't be such a big deal. not trying to start anything, just saying.

smartdude is receiving the free score simply because he easily could have given his skill level, and the adjustment doesn't eliminate anyone or change the standings at the bottom. Netjet!'s scenario is considerably different, as he had been active on the site the entire time (as seen by numerous posts over the last 5 days), yet didn't play the song at all until past midnight. I was unaware that the dashboard was going to continue accepting scores past midnight -- had I been available to end the round as I intended, Netjet! wouldn't have made it anyway.

EDIT:
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3lijah (Post 3824825)
Uh... AJ.... I BF'd my division's song, but I didnt get the damn screen cap(accidentally pressed the ctrl key and went to the menu... im using the R^3 engine.). Do I have to play again for the screen cap or am I safe?

Since the start of round 2, you haven't needed to post screenshots anymore. You only need to post it if it doesn't make it to the dashboard (as you can see, it went through). I reset your score to 3g since that was obtained after the round and the dashboard is being retarded (I know who made it through though, so it doesn't matter).

Everyone that will be playing in round 3 will stay green until the round starts (as there are no songs selected, the best score possible is 0, i.e. everyone has green).

Plan_Bsk81127 12-25-2012 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3824829)
How other tournaments are run really doesn't matter to me -- all I care about is being fair. There's nothing unfair about what I did; smartdude had extenuating circumstances that prevented him from being able to play, and had absolutely no chance to do so because of the site itself, not because of plans that pushed him away from the computer. He easily possesses the skill to AAA, and I guarantee you that if I gave him 10 minutes, he would get better than the elimination cutoff anyway. In addition to putting smartdude through, the elimination threshold got increased by one so that the rest of the Master division remained affected.

Kind of fail to see how this can be blamed on the site itself because clearly everyone else was able to obtain scores so the site cant be blamed for this. The site can only be blamed for the first day of the new round since that was when it was down for most of the day, but thats about it. The site itself was up and running so the issue seems to be on his end and in that case I personally dont think he should just be handed a free score because he was having troubles getting access to the site based on a problem on his end. Not going to fight it though, your tourn, your call, nothing Im going to say is going to change that. I'll just take the elimination because it is pretty pointless for me to even bother attempting a tiebreaker vs alexd.

qqwref 12-25-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3824829)

Actually, I do think this is unfair. I don't know exactly what smartdude's week was like (although I do know the site was only down for like a day max) but I've never heard of this happening before, so no other person in the same situation could reasonably expect you to give them the AAA if they asked. Most would just silently quit the tournament, knowing 99% of the time the host would tell them "sorry, but advancing does mean playing the song".

Yes, it sucks that he couldn't submit any scores that week. But it happens. Tournaments are always half about skill and half about making time to play the song enough. Why should this one person in this one round get around that? And how come not being able to play for the week makes him do *better* than AlexDest (also a very skilled player if you ask me) who now has to do a tiebreaker to stay in the tourn?

smartdude1212 12-25-2012 10:23 PM

I'm not sure how it was a problem on my end but I couldn't view the site from my computer, my PS3, my Vita, or my phone, regardless if I was using my WiFi or on 3G. I could access every other site as I pleased. In the case of my computer, I also tried 3 different browsers (and the only thing that remotely worked was Chrome's cached view, but that is incredibly limited in itself and it's not like the standalone loaded at all anyway).

What I didn't understand about the downtime was how certain people regained access while others didn't... even so, when pretty much everybody had access again after one day, I was still having issues a day or two later.

But in the long run, these contentious issues make my dick hard.

TC_Halogen 12-25-2012 10:27 PM

What's done is done.

smartdude is going on to the next round and the tournament standings aren't changing. I'm accommodating for someone who was unable to access the site for a large duration of the round.

I don't want to hear it anymore.

Netjet! 12-25-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirror_eclipse (Post 3824823)

I missed the deadline so it's only fair that I'm eliminated. Like AJ said, I was active on the site the whole time but didn't care to play until I realized the round was pretty much over :p

krunkykai22 12-25-2012 10:37 PM

As AJ has stated, Smartdude's issue had nothing to do with personal/other excuses. Being in D5 I completely understand this move seeing as Smartdude has AAA'd the song already, and has AAA's songs of the like with faster BPM easily. He legitimately went to AJ out of concern for this issue and the issue was resolved. We obviously don't have an issue here seeing as people in D5 haven't even spoken of such yet.

Netjet's score was LEGITIMATELY passed the time of the end of the round, therefore that is only fair to eliminate him since he was past the due time.

xNiX 12-25-2012 10:58 PM

lol wtf..

Xiz 12-26-2012 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3824821)

Well there were tons of people who couldn't access the site at all... i'm one of them. I didn't get access to it till the day before the deadline. Some other people got it a day before (aka Goldstinger)

I approve of AJ's choice of this extension only because of website difficulties that happened to a bunch of people.