Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   FFR General Talk (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Team Pony (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=121802)

AlexDest 05-13-2012 12:06 AM

Re: Team Pony

Quote:

Originally Posted by TC_Halogen (Post 3691571)
EDIT: too bad Gilda doesn't give hugs. Unless you're a Rainbow Dash.

or you get rained on

Fluvs 05-13-2012 01:18 AM

Yay for so many hugs! XD

DanTheManMS 05-13-2012 02:07 AM

So, um, hey... (/Flutteryshymode). I've been playing FFR for... *checks profile* over 4 years, but I don't exactly check the forums at all, as given by my postcount here. Decided to do so right now to cure some boredom at the moment (also I've realized that I cannot for the life of me play FFR while drunk as hell, hehe).

Point is, I have not read all 42 pages of this thread and I'm largely unaware of any FFR customs or formalities that might be involved here. Is there anything special about joining a "team"? Is it anything official with tournament obligations or something like that, or is it more just a thread of friends chatting with each other? If it's the latter, I would love to join Team Pony :3 If that's okay with you, I mean <_<

(probably won't check this thread again until late tomorrow, got work early in the morning and all)

icontrolyourworld 05-13-2012 02:10 AM

yea we pretty much just hang out and talk xD

DanTheManMS 05-13-2012 02:20 AM

Works for me, hehe.

FrozenAngel91 05-13-2012 02:41 AM

Yeah basically we just hang out and have fun here. We've had people get into the competitive spirit and get multiple people from the team to join the same tournament or something, but it was all casual even then. I'm not sure that was what the idea of teams were for on FFR, but it was the idea for this team and I think it ended up working out well :D.

Also, welcome to the forums and the team Dan, since you know, you will be joining o.o

Arbliterator 05-13-2012 11:52 AM

We just talk and chill here, but once I join a tourney it becomes srs business, I hate losing! =p Anyway welcome to the team Dan! *hugs*

megamon88 05-13-2012 01:16 PM

Welcome new people! :P If anyone wants a sig, just ask and say what you want on it.

FissionMailed1 05-13-2012 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DanTheManMS (Post 3691822)
So, um, hey... (/Flutteryshymode). I've been playing FFR for... *checks profile* over 4 years, but I don't exactly check the forums at all, as given by my postcount here. Decided to do so right now to cure some boredom at the moment (also I've realized that I cannot for the life of me play FFR while drunk as hell, hehe).

Point is, I have not read all 42 pages of this thread and I'm largely unaware of any FFR customs or formalities that might be involved here. Is there anything special about joining a "team"? Is it anything official with tournament obligations or something like that, or is it more just a thread of friends chatting with each other? If it's the latter, I would love to join Team Pony :3 If that's okay with you, I mean <_<

(probably won't check this thread again until late tomorrow, got work early in the morning and all)

Arbliterator 05-13-2012 05:26 PM

Anybody else got a PonySquare?
http://ponysquare.com/FalcoPWNch/ Add me.

megamon88 05-13-2012 06:25 PM

So, John de Lancie (Discord) was at Ottawa Comiccon today. I couldn't go because it was Mother's Day and I was busy, but goddamn I wished I could have gone. He announced he's making a documentary on bronies because he's really appalled by all the negative media that's been put out.

Awesome.

FissionMailed1 05-13-2012 06:28 PM

I just saw that video on EQD before I looked at this thread. I'll have to give John de Lancie props for going out of his way to do that if he actually follows through. Though I'm not sure how much good it will do; people are going to be ignorant regardless.

FrozenAngel91 05-13-2012 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by megamon88 (Post 3692158)
So, John de Lancie (Discord) was at Ottawa Comiccon today. I couldn't go because it was Mother's Day and I was busy, but goddamn I wished I could have gone. He announced he's making a documentary on bronies because he's really appalled by all the negative media that's been put out.

Awesome.

I knew John de Lancie was awesome but this....this is amazing.

P.S: Best news I've heard all week, thanks for making my day :D

Suicidalfatman 05-13-2012 07:02 PM

Yup, My week has now been decided victorious after seeing that.

Welcome Dan *hugs*

DissonantMuse 05-13-2012 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arbliterator (Post 3692130)
Anybody else got a PonySquare?
http://ponysquare.com/FalcoPWNch/ Add me.

Awesome for you to mention this, I just made an account on there a few days ago, same screen name as here.

Suicidalfatman 05-13-2012 08:00 PM

I'm still waiting to get confimation email from there =/

gold stinger 05-13-2012 08:41 PM

I finished my OpenITG Project, It's ready for play.

I made a keyboard chart for a song called "The End", Which is actually a joint-event project between Sun3, and DJ KILLER. With the song massing at around 7 minutes long, I knew it was going to be a long time until I managed to complete the note chart for this beast. In fact, I think this would have to be the hardest song I've made to-date.

as of right now, I'm pretty sure the song will only work in OpenITG, In The Groove 2 (Lol, they're practically the same thing.) and In The Groove 3, the sprites and overlays seem to break real easily in Stepmania, and the song does contain Rolls (Yes, rolls, those green spikey hold notes you gotta tap,) and mines. LOTS of mines. With just topping over 1000 mines, 5000 notes, and over 1000 jumps. I **** you not, the chart is entirely legit, and is not bs in any way, just plenty of jump jacks and jumpstreams. :D You're not gonna make it out of that song alive, which is actually what I want to put it to the test.

I recently won the Enigmatic Arrows Tourney, so I'll put this little SponCon out there until someone does it. First person to pass the song on Expert difficulty (The one with the mines,) and show screenshot proof of passing it in this thread will get 20,000 credits.

Did I mention it had Touhou & Ponies in it? Meh. Crazy combination.

Here's the Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c70yqt8vbwdrrbj

Keep on arrow-smashing, Imma go do a 5-6 hour civics assignment, and then go to bed.

megamon88 05-13-2012 09:06 PM

Aha, I thought I've heard this before. I don't have OpenITG, but from listening to the song and looking at the steps in the sm editor, I'm guessing it's kinda like a pad version of this:

I'll download OpenITG and attempt a pass some other time though, I have work to do :(

gold stinger 05-13-2012 09:11 PM

It's the keyboard version of it. I re-arranged the files so that the overlays and backgrounds work, but the mods won't work because I can't figure out how to script OpenITG to run the mods in marathon mode, assumingly you will need OpenITG3 for that, and even then, I didn't include the marathon file with the .rar file.

By the way, if you want the note registry for the arrows to be centered so that the file looks more natural, you will have to go into the config file (located in OpenITG/Data/Stepmania.ini) and set SoloSingle to 1, again, sorry about that, can't modify that part because I can't get the mods to work with it unless it was the marathon version.

megamon88 05-13-2012 09:18 PM

Yeah, I meant keyboard, derp. Looking forward to playing it!