Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Bug Reports and Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   FFR Suggestions (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=115681)

rushyrulz 04-14-2011 03:21 PM

Re: FFR Suggestions

Just to make it look pretty or what?

qqwref 04-14-2011 04:24 PM

I don't like the idea of the time bar being too flashy. I think it would interfere with concentration while playing.

Two things:
1) Can we have it so that choosing a random song will only choose one from the current list of songs? So that way we can do something like "random FGO that is under 4 minutes long" or "random VC that I haven't AAA'd".
2) Can we make the winner in MP games depend on the raw score, rather then the total score? If this isn't already done, anyway.

bballa48 04-14-2011 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3450781)
I don't like the idea of the time bar being too flashy. I think it would interfere with concentration while playing.

Agreed. The more distractions on the screen, the harder it is to play IMO.

ssbmbeliever 04-15-2011 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qqwref (Post 3450781)
2) Can we make the winner in MP games depend on the raw score, rather then the total score? If this isn't already done, anyway.

This would have to be changed in the original system too, if that were the case. So this probably doesn't belong here. lol

Also, on the note of being too flashy, would it be possible to disable the backgrounds?

bmah 04-15-2011 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmbeliever (Post 3451346)
Also, on the note of being too flashy, would it be possible to disable the backgrounds?

Not possible. Unlike other features, the backgrounds sometime serve as an additional, but intentional, challenge. They make some songs harder to play, but that's part of the challenge, since people work harder to get those scores.

devonin 04-15-2011 08:59 PM

Well, absolutely possible. Just never going to happen.

igotrhythm 04-15-2011 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmah (Post 3451348)
Not possible. Unlike other features, the backgrounds sometime serve as an additional, but intentional, challenge. They make some songs harder to play, but that's part of the challenge, since people work harder to get those scores.

This is exactly why I deleted my 11-0-0-1 replay of P4U v2 that I got when the beta engine was bugging out, and what you see on my profile instead is a 20-something obtained when the videos came back up.

Not much I can do about the LoZ AAA, though even with the movie disabled that irregular down jack in the first half was a pain in the ass to nail.

As for Marisa, part of the fun is that the video is intact, and also the reason the normally yellow 16ths were changed to green 64ths, which might give AAA grognards fits with framer issues but makes the file overall easier to read. Still, the patterns in that file aren't especially dense, so turning down your speedmod might help.

supermousie 04-16-2011 09:18 AM

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but when you're on a profile, the FFR game button links to FFR_the_Game rather than FFR_the_Update. Just pointing it out.

bballa48 04-16-2011 10:33 AM

Not sure if you already knew this Velocity (or if these bugs have always been present in your engine), but I noticed two problems while using the ingame login feature with standalone.

1) Token and Skill token songs don't record.

2) You can "re-earn" all of the skill tokens, even though you already have them.

Just thought I would point those out in case they weren't known.

EDIT: actually, the problems are related. If you reunlock a skill token, you can then score on that song.

XCV 04-16-2011 01:14 PM

How's about implementing Boolean search into the levelranks and/or Velo's song select menu? (the popout one)

For example -

difficulty 10 AND played NOT FCd

would return all the VCs you've played but haven't FC'd

ssbmbeliever 04-16-2011 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by supermousie (Post 3451547)
Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but when you're on a profile, the FFR game button links to FFR_the_Game rather than FFR_the_Update. Just pointing it out.

Pretty sure Velo has no control over this, and since this thread is specifically for the Velocity engine, I suggest posting this elsewhere :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCV (Post 3451601)
How's about implementing Boolean search into the levelranks and/or Velo's song select menu? (the popout one)

For example -

difficulty 10 AND played NOT FCd

would return all the VCs you've played but haven't FC'd

This was mentioned last page I think, and probably more throughout the pages, not sure lol.

m0de 04-16-2011 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ssbmbeliever (Post 3451627)
Pretty sure Velo has no control over this, and since this thread is specifically for the Velocity engine, I suggest posting this elsewhere :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by Velocity (Post 3351511)
Use this topic to suggest something on FFR, may it be a new feature in the engine (that haven't been included in my engine), the website or any other feature/section of the site. Also please make sure before you post, that it isn't in the list below:

herp

TC_Halogen 04-16-2011 05:28 PM

Bug fix: Fix the forum calendar. It only goes up to December 2006, and clicking January 2007 brings it back to December 2006 (credit to Kayla for finding this).

jimerax 04-16-2011 11:13 PM

I totally forgot about calendar feature, it broke down long time ago and stays unnoticed.

I think we should find its use other than showing member's birthdays.

qqwref 04-17-2011 12:03 AM

It would be pretty neat to have the calendar track the tournaments on the forum. To get approved, a tournament would need to provide a start date, the length of each round, and the number of rounds; that could then be entered into the calendar somehow (hopefully someone would code up a little app for the mods), and then everyone could see when the various rounds are starting.

For instance: a tournament with 3 rounds, starting on May 3rd with week long rounds, would have "First Round" listed on the 3rd, "Second Round" on the 10th, and "Final Round" on the 17th.

emulord 04-17-2011 09:35 AM

This would also be nice:
Some kind of code that automatically notifies people in tournaments when a round is about to be over/ a new round just started

Or something on the front page that talks about current tournaments.

emulord 04-17-2011 03:13 PM

Idea: Hip Hop includes funk, and Funk becomes a Jazz genre. Bunch of jazz from Misc go to the new genre. That would balance out the genres a bit.

Xx{Midnight}xX 04-17-2011 03:36 PM

Figure out if the Legacy genre belongs in token ranks or regular ranks and fix them accordingly.

Personally would prefer them in token tbh.

Edit: In case you're confused check the token ranks for songs like Uber Rave. then check the regular ranks and note that it's in both.

midnghtraver 04-17-2011 09:19 PM

I Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

BUUUTTT...

When in multi player, when your partner picks a song. You can just click on his little circle thingy under his name and that will choose that song for you. So you cant accidentally click a wrong song, and it will save you lots of time from going through the "song" menus to find it.

Velocity 04-17-2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by midnghtraver (Post 3452173)
I Don't know if this has been mentioned yet.

BUUUTTT...

When in multi player, when your partner picks a song. You can just click on his little circle thingy under his name and that will choose that song for you. So you cant accidentally click a wrong song, and it will save you lots of time from going through the "song" menus to find it.

Only about every 10 post.