Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   TWG Archives (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=88)
-   -   ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=153460)

gold stinger 07-27-2021 11:35 PM

Re: ymotohciD :daerhT emaG 002 GWT

If there's any post main thread should read right now, it's the size 5 font one because it gives town a metric ton of information to work with.

No one should be shitposting this phase.

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:35 PM

@Xiwiz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4767118)
@subuwu

I’m not some type of role that I PMd sunfan to implement.

I despise this

Charu 07-27-2021 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767117)
Hi everybody. I am really confused because there is not another announcement from sun fan and no death, but I am happy, because three of my favorite TWG players just joined this game all at once. Suck it main thread, this is basically the cool kids' club. Haha.

Hell ya!

Lessgo!!!

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:39 PM

@Shadow_God_10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow_God_10 (Post 4767128)
EXCUSE ME SIR, WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST SAY?

we have a winner

blindreper1179 07-27-2021 11:40 PM

I just caught up, and seeing 3 kills still is pretty scary. I have a strong feeling we have wolves, a vigi, and a 3p KP. With that being said, with no night kill in this thread, I feel safe in trusting sub and storn. I already had star on my better side, this only solidifies them.

I do want to mention, I went to use my power last night, and I am no longer a PR, or at least, able to use my power. It was effective in the main game. I wanted to track storn. I also realize that was a bad move until just now because they hadn't posted in the thread that day. -_- So I aplogize even if I still use of it. Out of the three that got sent here , I'd go with round first, charu second, then dbp, only because of how dbp has been playing, or else charu would be last.

Charu 07-27-2021 11:40 PM

lmao, shadow_god

Understandable reaction.

roundbox 07-27-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4767093)
lynch in this thread should absolutely be between Charu/roundbox/DBP given that no-kill is off, and there was no kill outside of the lynch last night for this thread. Everyone (including storn) gets soft cleared as not wolf aligned.

I'd use soft-cleared lightly here

yes I am mad that I'm on the potential chopping block today, but I do want to emphasize we do not know for sure how this mirror game works, and the host communication about town or mafia losing can only be taken at face value

our deductions are our own and not the word of the host

roundbox 07-27-2021 11:44 PM

blind feels damn towny and I'm sad I'm at the top of his list

roundbox 07-27-2021 11:45 PM

celery/haku for potential wolf

I'm just not liking either of their game plans so far, and I don't want haku to be cleared for getting VoTeRuShEd

Charu 07-27-2021 11:45 PM

If it makes you feel better round.

There's really no one on the chopping block I wanna vote for because I don't think anyone currently is a wolf here.

Not even backpack.

Charu 07-27-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4767131)
I just caught up, and seeing 3 kills still is pretty scary. I have a strong feeling we have wolves, a vigi, and a 3p KP. With that being said, with no night kill in this thread, I feel safe in trusting sub and storn. I already had star on my better side, this only solidifies them.

I do want to mention, I went to use my power last night, and I am no longer a PR, or at least, able to use my power. It was effective in the main game. I wanted to track storn. I also realize that was a bad move until just now because they hadn't posted in the thread that day. -_- So I aplogize even if I still use of it. Out of the three that got sent here , I'd go with round first, charu second, then dbp, only because of how dbp has been playing, or else charu would be last.

123Kappa just brought it up, but what if this is why wolves can't kill in this game?

Also, what the...

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:48 PM

Honestly I don't think the chopping block is a chopping block if sunfan consciously updated the phase and goldstinger is still able to interact despite being flipped. Getting voted means nothing except just flipping for info. I feel getting nk'd is a different story; which I don't think is possible yet.

That game phase at the OP hasn't changed yet so I highly doubt it's changed to anything but all town. MY question is, if my theory is correct, what happens to wolves that get flipped? Would they still be able to do their actions?

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767142)
123Kappa just brought it up, but what if this is why wolves can't kill in this game?

Also, what the...

This just tells me I'm 100% locking blind as town

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:49 PM

As redundant that is to say with my previous statement I think locks are still important here

gold stinger 07-27-2021 11:49 PM

Quote:

Also, what the...

then what's the point at having no-kill set to off ugh, would avoid this circle-thinking if it was set to on.

Game is confusing.

SubaruPoptart 07-27-2021 11:50 PM

I'm also gonna go to sleep since my tired brain is gettin me angry for no reason just cuz I'm replying to people. Last thing I need is to play tilted whether it's rational or not.

Charu 07-27-2021 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4767146)
then what's the point at having no-kill set to off ugh, would avoid this circle-thinking if it was set to on.

Game is confusing.

I only have a big ol' shrug to give.

This is definitely not cool that we now have to think if the wolves can't kill because of weird mirror shit shenanigans.

I mean, obviously voting still works as we obviously saw.

How annoying.

Charu 07-27-2021 11:54 PM

Anyways, a bit early, but whatever.

Have a nice suggestive cropped image.

gold stinger 07-27-2021 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767149)
Anyways, a bit early, but whatever.

Have a nice suggestive cropped image.

I don't like this one

Charu

gold stinger 07-27-2021 11:56 PM

votecount pls, to check if that counts

Charu 07-27-2021 11:56 PM

Aww, but he's so HAPPY!

blindreper1179 07-27-2021 11:58 PM

Quote:

Also, what the...

I mean, that could be the reason. But I agree, why would you put in the set up no night kill is off?? Wolves obviously HAVE to kill or it's randomized(right?) So no night kill only means one of two things. 1. There were no wolves 2. Wolves didn't kill 2 seems impossible.

I agree with roundbox, about us not knowing the setup and only soft clearing the 4 of us that were in the game before day start (5 including GS, even though we know he's town, I'd like to put that notation in here) So, we can take what GS has to say at face value fortunately, and Idk if I missed it or anything, but can GS vote? I didn't see it. I know just because you're town doesn't mean you are right, but this helps take a load off non GS shoulders because we can trust GS.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4767010)
Apparently I have died but it hasn't happened yet so I'm still allowed to post and view dead-talk.

Umm...did you get any more info as to what this means? I assume you do not know when you will fully die? That being said, welcome back, it is interesting to still get your perspective.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 12:26 AM

Hey roundbox, I was wanting to discuss this by OOTC yestersay but did not get the chance. I have been wondering, why you are especially focused on town reads in your approach.

Also, I am going to need a translator for storn's messages, it is too much. If somebody already has one, please share.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SubaruPoptart (Post 4766989)
I'm one to tinfoil and bat shit around but I just refuse to let the notion that a jester that ends the game is even possible in this setup, let alone whether or not that's ever existed in any TWG to begin with

sun fan thinks jesters are very stupid. This came up because it is a big part of why he is judgmental of Town of Salem players. Haha. So, I would not worry about jesters, "kind of bastard" game or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767022)
Ben vs Storn

Also backpack and TWGma were calling each other anti-town after TWGma referenced two prior games that happened years ago that featured a serial killer role (that backpack was).

Backpack is now dead.

I assume it may help with the vote analysis later on, that it was not actually remain a KITB, but the giant KITB vote count was amazing. It was like 8-8 or something. I would recommend you do not just skim what happened.

roundbox 07-28-2021 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767155)
Hey roundbox, I was wanting to discuss this by OOTC yestersay but did not get the chance. I have been wondering, why you are especially focused on town reads in your approach.

Also, I am going to need a translator for storn's messages, it is too much. If somebody already has one, please share.

hi star!!

for a game this size, I figured I'd take that approach. I've always like identifying towns early, but for this big game, I thought I'd try it on for a bit longer.

it's not to say that I didn't stop scumhunting, as I think I've identified some scummy behaviour patterns or have started looking into them

I'm split between trying to do some analysis here or solve the main game proper

roundbox 07-28-2021 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4767060)
ok, it might not be ~THE SOLVE~, but it sounded good in my head

what if this thread is just voting which people get flipped? what if we're just here to give information to the main game?

Gold Stinger is "alive", but his colour has been revealed. Maybe this is a fake dual setup where the dead get to choose who flips once a day? this would mean the main game would have to work in overdrive to get the wolves since they're essentially playing with very few cardflips if this is true

given the fact that blind's power worked in the main game, there might be some truth in this statement, but I'm not putting all of my money on it

star-crossed 07-28-2021 01:12 AM

My plan for when I get to a computer is to focus back on the main game, just because it is less confusing than this one. And it also may have answers for this one anyways.

I am not understanding what the significance is that there was not another announcement this time. I was assuming that that was going to continue to balance the lack of flips. It is hard to play this without knowing what exactly we are even playing, but I also know mechanical speculation is not my strong suit, so I do not even feel like it is that good use of my time for the most part?? ​I am going to try to sleep on the rest of it, and hope I get an epiphany.

Based on my interpretation of the confirmed information from sun fan combined with how the game has gone, I feel it is extremely likely Blind and Subaru are town.
DaBackpack was a town read for me in the main game, so I am likely voting between storn, roundbox and Charu for the flip. Storn is obviously more informative vote train wise, but I do not know if it makes sense to wait on resolving the night kill issue since he could be cleared by it anyways.

I am not convinced there is a Neutral Killing role at all, because I am not sure how that would fit the announcement system. Would sun fan have to say that "a Town, mafia, or neutral met their win condition" here? If so, why not include it in regardless of whether the neutral is here or not? Unless there is better evidence of a neutral, I worry it is a distraction to try to hunt for them, even if reducing non town kills is a good thing. Maybe there is a neutral whose win condition is not at odds with town or wolves, which would explain why sun fan made no mention of them. But if that is the case, then who really cares about them?

the sun fan 07-28-2021 02:32 AM

:tnuocetoV
charu (1)- gold stinger

the sun fan 07-28-2021 02:33 AM

In terms of making this game a little bit more playable/understandable, the announcement I made in the 2nd post would have been made in any composition of alignment splits of the 4 players, and would not ever be said again.

storn42 07-28-2021 04:43 AM

.no s'ti nehw ctoo sulp !?taht od ot eganam neve uoy od woh ,esuaceb sdaerht htob htiw pu peek ot liaf i fi ezigolopa i .esnes fo hcnub a sekam dna lacigol si emag sihT .noitnetta deyap ev'i hcum woh swohs hcihw ,dellik saw eh hguoht neve evila llits si sg dezilaer tsuj I

.syad esoht fo eno sti ...aey .dias yeht tahw lla ta t'nsaw taht ezilaer dna kcab og neht dna enoemos no daer qi 0002 yzarc siht evah tsuj reve uoy wtb

nrots sgniht wef a yrt ot deen i syawyna

dekrow ti fi ees ot tnuocetov a rof tiaw ot won

storn42 07-28-2021 04:44 AM

.flesym llik ot gniyrt ton m'i drocer eht rof dna

Charu 07-28-2021 09:37 AM

Storn, I need to ask.

You're NOT doing this on purpose, are you...?

Also, the fact that gold stinger can place a vote after two flips is really giving me a head scratcher. It's like the wolves in this game are just doomed to fail if they happen to come in here.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 10:36 AM

lmao wolves are such dumbfucks

im VT fellas, thanks for the SK cover T-Force

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4767060)
ok, it might not be ~THE SOLVE~, but it sounded good in my head

what if this thread is just voting which people get flipped? what if we're just here to give information to the main game?

Gold Stinger is "alive", but his colour has been revealed. Maybe this is a fake dual setup where the dead get to choose who flips once a day? this would mean the main game would have to work in overdrive to get the wolves since they're essentially playing with very few cardflips if this is true

I think there is some truth to this

Our objective is to just "flip" all of the wolves here, I guess

Either we are purely in a support capacity for the first game, or we have our own win condition that is solely: flip all of the wolves before we reach """parity""", whatever that means here

Charu 07-28-2021 10:54 AM

If gold stinger is still able to speak and vote the next day phase, then I'm all on board of flipping myself since I know some folks were reading me suspicious.

Certainly beats out roundbox and backpack I think. Both of whom I still believe to be town, lol.

Charu 07-28-2021 11:39 AM

@fatfuck

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4767194)
For a player that works for both possibilities, might I suggest storn? ;)

Is this basing off of last phase where they were absent for most of it? Because that would still be my number one reason for wanting to see storn's flip.

Also curious if making his posts mirrored is just him having fun or something else. He can't claim he was hit by a role because... well... blind can't use his power.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767205)
@fatfuck

Is this basing off of last phase where they were absent for most of it? Because that would still be my number one reason for wanting to see storn's flip.

Also curious if making his posts mirrored is just him having fun or something else. He can't claim he was hit by a role because... well... blind can't use his power.

unless he was targeted by a "living" player

I think most likely he's fucking around though

roundbox 07-28-2021 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4767167)
In terms of making this game a little bit more playable/understandable, the announcement I made in the 2nd post would have been made in any composition of alignment splits of the 4 players, and would not ever be said again.

I knew it wasn't as easy as people wanted it to be

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 12:33 PM

I hope sunfan wrote some mechanism for preventing tree stumps in this game

imagine flipping a wolf in this game and they just spam the thread with bullshit nonsense lmao

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4767209)
I knew it wasn't as easy as people wanted it to be

this makes me more than a little bit salty

but I must admit that I was wrong, and bugkid was correct

this puts blindreper back on the table

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 12:37 PM

im down to flip charu or blind today

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 12:48 PM

I thought about this and figured there is zero reason not to announce this

@everyone
I shot Gold Stinger and Charu during the night

I knew I was going to die because of Trevor being an asshole. so I picked Charu because I scumread him and he was somebody that was going to be difficult to lynch. (Ben and Force were my top two scumreads but they were very much more likely to be lynched so I didn't want to waste bullets on them.) This might have been a misplay in hindsight because they need to be lynched twice but whatever, that's what happened.

When I died I got demoted to VT. I will not be doing a full claim because lmao the wolves seem very afraid of KP so I am going to keep those motherfuckers afraid. My specific PR ability doesn't matter at this point, I can't use it anymore.

Charu 07-28-2021 01:11 PM

You jerk!

Also, I will defend blind here and say he is most definitely town here. I'd put my dead bodies stake on it.

And I already said I don't mind flipping myself if it means giving some clarity to the thread. I don't know how many were scum-reading me, but it should prove more useful than roundbox (or backpack).

Charu 07-28-2021 01:13 PM

@ xiz

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4767215)
newer players who are more intimidated by objectively stronger twg players

I already mentioned this too, but I'm pretty smooth-brained. I think I'm good at this game, but my guesses are just as valid as any other players, new or old.

I guess I can deduce and theorize better than some though... I guess... ???

roundbox 07-28-2021 01:19 PM

weird that you didn't shoot force, backpack. I honestly would have expected you to shoot him after being deadlocked on one another.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 01:20 PM

Quote:

Okay I am sorry, but what the fuck? What is even the point of putting that message in then? I am not sure it would even have changed how I voted, but I am very frustrated that this was not corrected yesterday. And I do not think it is "angleshooting" to take what the mod says, at face value. I think that the mod deciding to clarify that we should not is telling, that it is not angleshooting.

The one good thing about this, is I do think it makes it less likely that there is an antagonist neutral, because of the message being a canned one and not including neutrals in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767190)
If gold stinger is still able to speak and vote the next day phase, then I'm all on board of flipping myself since I know some folks were reading me suspicious.

Certainly beats out roundbox and backpack I think. Both of whom I still believe to be town, lol.

It is strange to me, that suddenly two people are trying to flip themselves. Is this reverse psychology? I guess I do not understand, why you feel it is better to flip somebody who should have no chance of being a wolf, especially in your case.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4767210)
I hope sunfan wrote some mechanism for preventing tree stumps in this game

imagine flipping a wolf in this game and they just spam the thread with bullshit nonsense lmao

I have been thinking the same thing but did not want to give anybody any ideas...

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4767213)
I thought about this and figured there is zero reason not to announce this

@everyone
I shot Gold Stinger and Charu during the night

I knew I was going to die because of Trevor being an asshole. so I picked Charu because I scumread him and he was somebody that was going to be difficult to lynch. (Ben and Force were my top two scumreads but they were very much more likely to be lynched so I didn't want to waste bullets on them.) This might have been a misplay in hindsight because they need to be lynched twice but whatever, that's what happened.

When I died I got demoted to VT. I will not be doing a full claim because lmao the wolves seem very afraid of KP so I am going to keep those motherfuckers afraid. My specific PR ability doesn't matter at this point, I can't use it anymore.

This makes the T-Force situation spicier, that you are claiming you could actually make kills. From that argument, I thought you came out of it looking like you really believed what you are saying. I agree that wolves can focus too much on neutrals, but at least from my experience with T-Force, I do not feel it is out of character for him to become very stubborn and hyper-focused. But, I would definitely like to get his take on your claim now.

Charu 07-28-2021 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767223)
It is strange to me, that suddenly two people are trying to flip themselves. Is this reverse psychology? I guess I do not understand, why you feel it is better to flip somebody who should have no chance of being a wolf, especially in your case.

I'm honored you don't think I'm a wolf, star, heh.

It's more for the others that think I'm being too neutral or something with my vote choices.

It gives thread more clarity I guess is my point since my death was apparently done by a supposed town's hunch (backpack).

Plus, I can still play even after I flip/die/whatever again, so it ain't all looking that bad. I just wonder if gold stinger is still going to be with us after this phase is all...

roundbox 07-28-2021 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4765888)
Signups:
1) SubaruPoptart
2) gold stinger Died in this game dsomething
3) Logman6656 star-crossed
4) blindreper1179
--------------------------------
5) storn42
6) roundbox
7) Charu
8) DaBackpack

Replacements:
1) star-crossed
2) Psychoangel691
3)

I want to draw attention to this here. I'm not sure if this is list is split up out of convenience to the players or if it has any bearing on some mechanic.

Given the announcement about the "town or mafia has lost", this might just be a red herring. I still think we vote within the most likely wolf and not based off of any potential deductions from this.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767226)
I'm honored you don't think I'm a wolf, star, heh.

It's more for the others that think I'm being too neutral or something with my vote choices.

It gives thread more clarity I guess is my point since my death was apparently done by a supposed town's hunch (backpack).

Plus, I can still play even after I flip/die/whatever again, so it ain't all looking that bad. I just wonder if gold stinger is still going to be with us after this phase is all...

Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not what I meant. I was speaking from your perspective if you are a town, it is surprising to me that you would rather be flipped than have roundbox be.

Charu 07-28-2021 01:27 PM

@ fatfuck

Quote:

Originally Posted by fatfuck42 (Post 4767225)
So blind and dap both claim to have lost their powers after dying, but dap says his shot went through whereas blind didn't get a result because he died. Is it typical of other setups for the seer/tracker/what-have-you to not get a result if they're NK'd?

Pretty certain your results will come back to you even if you die. That includes if the power actually landed on something, it would tell you regardless if you died or not.

Least that's how I believe I've handled my own games and how I've seen some games handled.

Charu 07-28-2021 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767228)
Sorry to disappoint you, but that is not what I meant. I was speaking from your perspective if you are a town, it is surprising to me that you would rather be flipped than have roundbox be.

Well, that's because of what I've seen in the thread. Usually wanting to flip myself is not my motto, but with what we know, it's looking like not a bad option or a waste of time. Especially if I can continue to talk, vote, and figure out what's going on for the other town players.

Also, I just don't see roundbox as a wolf at the moment, simple. Same for backpack, though I suppose a flip from him would guaranteed he's not just bullshitting right now and he is actually a town aligned vigi.

star-crossed 07-28-2021 01:45 PM

I am pretty sure I would have voted for Ben over storn in Day 1 (my caveat there mostly being I was not reading the thread in real time, and people seemed really bothered by storn's self-pres vote, which I cannot really empathize with just reading it afterwards.)

I know people have different ideas about meta reads, but Ben has literally told me how to read him in the past: as a wolf, he is more careful with his words, and he struggles with projecting a consistent and holistic view of the game in terms of reads. I have been looking at his play in this game with that in mind.

Ironically, I thought his entrance was OK in terms of the carefulness piece, even though others saw it differently. But, I have concerns with his approach to this game in terms of the latter. I feel he may be overly focusing on mechanics in order to avoid fabricating reads on people.

Quote:

Originally Posted by reuben_tate (Post 4765661)
Sorry, I thought I would have some time before eod to catch up and be around, but I'm still out of the house at the moment.

I don't like choof's behavior, but that's moreso a thing of feeling like my him misrepresenting my posts/thoughts. I also didn't like the remark towards Haku regarding that they should know better about edits and stuff. I think this is mostly a function of people having different expectations regarding the possible bastardization of the game.

My initial thought was that it would be easy for a wolf to shout "sToP tAlKiNg mEcHaNiCs" and use it as an easy way to try to pin something on me (especially since I tend to be more observational and less confrontational, especially in the early game). The behavior seems to be too aggressive though to be coming from a wolf mindset though.

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a wolf trying to tag along with choof's criticisms of my posts, especially for those that are familiar with my playstyle and know that I don't do well with defending myself, especially d0.

In this post for example, what I am getting from it is that he does not like choof's style but does not think it is exactly sus. (And the analysis is not bad, but it is a lot of words at the end of day to be focusing on somebody who you do not seem to want to hang and nobody else seems to want to hang.) And then he he has a suspicion that wolves could be going after him. He even alludes to it being more sus, if they are more familiar with him. But, he does not take it further to even name the names of people he knows are sussing him. I understand that he said he had limited time in this message, but it is not something that I have seen him return to later with more time. As such, I am concerned that this was mainly rhetoric to defend himself with, that he did not actually want to investigate it. Also, both his votes have basically been self-pres.

I also do not really understand why he was saying that gold stinger and I would both be wolves, even if he only pointed that out after gold stinger was already insta'd. Gold stinger was very insistent on voting for the guy that I replaced, to the point that people were sussing him for it.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4767222)
weird that you didn't shoot force, backpack. I honestly would have expected you to shoot him after being deadlocked on one another.

I thought about shooting Ben or Force yeah... I picked Charu because I had him as a "deep wolf"-- and I decided it would be best to shoot someone who I thought was scummy but might end up living a long time. Ben and Force are very likely to be lynched by town so they seemed like less urgent vigi options.

But yeah... I didn't fully think through that Ben and Force have to die TWICE before we get a flip on them, and that my shot could have made that process go faster. That was my mistake.

I shot Gold Stinger N1 iirc because he was my top wolf pick at the time, and I voted him.

gold stinger 07-28-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767154)
Umm...did you get any more info as to what this means? I assume you do not know when you will fully die? That being said, welcome back, it is interesting to still get your perspective.

Basically explained yourself on this one

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767223)
Okay I am sorry, but what the fuck? What is even the point of putting that message in then? I am not sure it would even have changed how I voted, but I am very frustrated that this was not corrected yesterday. And I do not think it is "angleshooting" to take what the mod says, at face value. I think that the mod deciding to clarify that we should not is telling, that it is not angleshooting.

Thanks for pointing this out lmao. It pissed me off too, considering I spent so much time letting it affect my reads and understanding of the game. I can see the intent, but there should have been a clear message that this post was purely flavor and not something to read into more deeply.

This makes the T-Force situation spicier, that you are claiming you could actually make kills. From that argument, I thought you came out of it looking like you really believed what you are saying. I agree that wolves can focus too much on neutrals, but at least from my experience with T-Force, I do not feel it is out of character for him to become very stubborn and hyper-focused. But, I would definitely like to get his take on your claim now.

I mean, I stand by what I said. Wolves are subconsciously more interested in neutrals than townies are. It's worked out pretty well for me in the past to analyze players through this lens--- to see little slips that expose where their true motivations lie, especially in semi-open games with possibilities of neutral roles. I got really excited because "I got him."

At any rate, if you look immediately before that scuffle, you will see that I had Force as looking particularly bad in terms of the Haku wagon. I theorized that the existence of the Haku wagon was solely to protect Ben. And thus, the most wolfy votes are those that went from Kappa straight to Haku. And Force fits that bill precisely.

It was only when I started hashing out this train of thought that Force got upset, accused me of "having an agenda", and then hinted at me being 3p. If his goal was to distract me from Ben, then good job dude, you did it.

Ben needs to die today. He needs to be resolved ASAP. The man has survived TWO CFDs now and we need resolution on him. ESPECIALLY if he's actually town, because if he is town, he is the absolute easiest MYLO wagon for wolves to set up.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767229)
@ fatfuck

Pretty certain your results will come back to you even if you die. That includes if the power actually landed on something, it would tell you regardless if you died or not.

Least that's how I believe I've handled my own games and how I've seen some games handled.

Unless somebody else targeted Charu last night, I'm pretty sure PR actions occur before you enter this game.

I believe that the normal Action Resolution sequence is still valid here. So, blind should have gotten the result of his night action. Did he not?

star-crossed 07-28-2021 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xiz (Post 4767215)
newer players who are more intimidated by objectively stronger twg players

But if they are that new then they may have a different idea than you do of who is strong though? Since it would be based on this game more than reputation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Celirra (Post 4767232)
I just can't really be brought to care about this game sufficiently to keep up, too much going on to fit into my schedule. By the time I catch up, I don't have time to communicate my thoughts anymore.

If I was around for d1, I would have A: yelled at everyone voting for storn, and B: voted for ben, or worked on a wagon towards cedo or roundbox.

I understand being busy on day 1, but to me, putting a pressure vote alongside a question at end of day 0 when there is OOTC about to turn on, is a play that is most optimal for a wolf who is happy with how the wagons are going.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roundbox (Post 4767227)
I want to draw attention to this here. I'm not sure if this is list is split up out of convenience to the players or if it has any bearing on some mechanic.

Given the announcement about the "town or mafia has lost", this might just be a red herring. I still think we vote within the most likely wolf and not based off of any potential deductions from this.

My interpretation is just that he spaced out the player-list based on who entered the game at what time. The first 4 entered at the same time. storn entered after his lynch. Then the rest of us entered at day start.

The "d-something" bit is pretty funny though

gold stinger 07-28-2021 02:20 PM

Votes on Charu, will stay there, I'm extremely sick today (food poisoning may miss eod sorry if it does

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4765958)
I think it's because of my post about having to post at least one time a day to keep my power. I died, so I got nothing anyways.

I think we need more elaboration on this.

What do you mean by "I got nothing anyways"?

star-crossed 07-28-2021 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4767245)
Votes on Charu, will stay there, I'm extremely sick today (food poisoning may miss eod sorry if it does

It is tomorrow, I am pretty sure. Hopefully you will feel better by then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by the sun fan (Post 4766877)
In the night...

DaBackpack has died in this game. He was...

not flipped

roundbox has died in this game. He was...

not flipped

Charu has died in this game. He was...

not flipped

Day 2 will last 48 hours ending at 10:00 PM Central (Server) Time Thursday, July 29th.

Day 2 begins now.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4766114)
Im not sure if it's entirely a good idea, but people were talking about hard claiming. I told my neighbor, and they weren't sure to believe or not.
I'm a seeker. I have to post once a day to stay near others and select a person who posted in that day to follow at night and see if they make an action. I chose Xiz after discussing it with my neighbor. I didn't get a read because I "died"

Did you just get no response, period?

star-crossed 07-28-2021 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4767239)
Ben needs to die today. He needs to be resolved ASAP. The man has survived TWO CFDs now and we need resolution on him. ESPECIALLY if he's actually town, because if he is town, he is the absolute easiest MYLO wagon for wolves to set up.

I will try to reread it later, to see your logic on it. I guess I am not understanding why distracting you from Ben would be helpful even if they are W/W? The only reason I can think of is if Ben has a special role, but because flips are color only, I do not think we would be able to confirm it.

Charu 07-28-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gold stinger (Post 4767245)

Oof, I hope you get well soon then.

And don't worry, EoD is tomorrow, not today... right?

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blindreper1179 (Post 4766360)
Just caught up. I don't know about the star vote, they instantly jump into the game and ISOd two people it seems. And read everything. I feel a wolf would skim and point out bs things to push an agenda. Star quoted things they agree and are unsure about.
You on the other hand have been very leader like. You've been upset not all info is on your hands (live chat example) you started this thread gun ho and had a way to communicate threads easily. (Which is nai) You've been extremely chatty quoting way way too much. It's thread filling.
I have to leave lunch. I'll get to sub on next break.

I feel like most info would be a sub/ gold lynch. If by God's guess star was wolf or town, it's not gonna help us, we'd still be at square one.

This makes me think blind is probably town, but I think he absolutely should have gotten night results when he died

As far as "normal mechanics" would go, the only way that he would not get a result is if he was also roleblocked.

If blind is town and got roleblocked AND killed, that indicates fear to me. They wanted him gone and were also afraid of what his night action could do to the game.

REMEMBER: wolves did not realize that there was gonna be a second game.

If wolves thought he was an info role, killing him was good enough to do that. He would take his info to the grave. But if they RB'd AND killed him, that reveals that wolves thought he had a stronger power than just an info role: maybe a doctor or vigilante. They needed to stop his action, AND get rid of him.

If blind fully claimed to his neighbor, his neighbor would know that blind was just an info role, and would not roleblock him. If we buy into these premises, that makes blind's neighbor look pretty towny right now.

Who is blind's neighbor again?

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767249)
I will try to reread it later, to see your logic on it. I guess I am not understanding why distracting you from Ben would be helpful even if they are W/W? The only reason I can think of is if Ben has a special role, but because flips are color only, I do not think we would be able to confirm it.

If you read Force's initial distraction, it looked less like he was trying to distract TOWARDS himself, but ONTO me. He was trying to suss me for "having an agenda." Force himself didn't intend to be the distraction-- that didn't happen until I went in on him

Charu 07-28-2021 02:45 PM

That would be me, backpack.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4766385)
Based on process of elimination, my D0 lean and the fact that I think Gold stinger is the least likely to have been actually killed off by the wolves, I personally feel best Gold stinger for now.

nice read 😎

roundbox 07-28-2021 02:47 PM

Both counter-wagons alive and walking makes me weary

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767256)

God fucking damn it

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 02:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767256)

OK so my top priority atm is resolving "why did blind not get a response from his night action"

IF blind was roleblocked, that makes Charu look better

IF blind was NOT roleblocked, that makes Charu ???

My first thought is that blind might actually be lying about his role, because with what I'm guessing now, blind's action SHOULD HAVE GONE THROUGH even though he "died"

Charu 07-28-2021 02:54 PM

11:22 PM] Charu: Quick question, blind
[11:22 PM] Charu: Did you decide to use your power last night again?
July 28, 2021
[12:25 AM] blind: No, I don't have it anymore.
[12:25 AM] blind: I went to check storn, but I only had it for first game.
[12:26 AM] Charu: WAIT, you're not a role anymore?
[12:26 AM] Charu: Bro, that's important as fuck to let the others know
[12:33 AM] blind: Dude, I just finished catching up. I was planning on it. I didn't get my message until day start pretty much, and I was streaming.
[12:33 AM] Charu: Still, that would've been helpful to tell the game state last phase.
[12:33 AM] Charu: Unless you didn't know last day phase.
[12:34 AM] blind: I didn't
[12:34 AM] Charu: That's................. odd...
[12:34 AM] blind: I was told nothing about it, until I got my message at start of phase pretty much.
[12:34 AM] blind: I know.
[12:34 AM] blind: I was hoping I could get something off storn
[12:34 AM] Charu: Think you can paraphrase what it said to me?
[12:34 AM] blind: Yeah
[12:34 AM] Charu: Or in the thread even?
[12:34 AM] Charu: I think thread would love to know this.
[12:35 AM] blind: "Your power is only able to be used in main game" basically
[12:35 AM] blind: That would of been a cool message when I died, but whatever.
[12:36 AM] Charu: Alright, well I guess it's not too odd anymore
[12:36 AM] Charu: I thought like... someone removed your role
[12:36 AM] Charu: Still, should let the thread know.
[12:36 AM] blind: I am in process

Charu 07-28-2021 02:54 PM

Does that help, backpack?

lmao

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charu (Post 4767263)
Does that help, backpack?

lmao

A little, but the confusing thing is that MY POWER WENT OFF, presumably because "at the time I used my power, I was still in the first game". and then I entered the second game and was told I was VT

blind's power should ALSO have gone off because "at the time he used his power, he was still in the first game". and then he entered the second game and was told he was VT

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 03:03 PM

blind's power "should have gone off".

but it didn't.

which is either:

1) sunfan having a specific bullshit rule that only applies to information roles
2) blind got roleblocked, so he didn't get a response, or
3) blind is lying

gold stinger 07-28-2021 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767247)
It is tomorrow, I am pretty sure. Hopefully you will feel better by then.

alright, that's some good reassurance. I'll likely be better by then.

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by star-crossed (Post 4767117)
Hi everybody. I am really confused because there is not another announcement from sun fan and no death, but I am happy, because three of my favorite TWG players just joined this game all at once. Suck it main thread, this is basically the cool kids' club. Haha.

<3333

DaBackpack 07-28-2021 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaBackpack (Post 4767188)
we are purely in a support capacity for the first game

I kinda think this is what's happening right now

With no "deaths" in the night, and Gold Stinger "not dying", I don't think ANY of us actually CAN die. We are stuck here, and our job is to perform cardflips to help out the "main game."

We are in a reverse game. Think about what that means for a moment:

Time is flowing backwards. We cannot "kill" people here, because that means deleting a player "from the past" of this game. That is: a player dying here would mean that we delete them from earlier in the game.

Yesterday, you lynched Gold Stinger, but you could not "kill" him... because that would mean killing Gold Stinger before "the game even started."

Players can ENTER this game, because that just represents that "these three players USED to be in this game, but EVENTUALLY GET NIGHTKILLED" in the forward-flow of linear time.

If you imagine the "un-reversed" version of this game, then we are currently at Day X. With 8 players. "Some player" will be lynched today ("storn"). Then, "three players" will be nightkilled ("Charu, DBP, and roundbox"). Then, the game enters Day X+1, with only 4 players next (GS, star-crossed, Subaru, and blind).

"Our game" is not even a game. It is a "reversed" play-back of some other imaginary game. We actually cannot directly take any actions that interrupt this play-back, because it would mean we are changing the past of a game that already happened.

-----------------------

For you programmers out there, consider the "stack" data structure. This game is just a stack, wherein sunfan is pushing previous game-states onto this stack. As sunfan said at the very beginning...... "this game has ended already."

This second game, when TWG 200, Game 1 ends, will just be what you see when you hit the "rewind" button at the season finale of this "imaginary TWG 200" game.

SubaruPoptart 07-28-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

So is this basically saying that the second post is just a red herring cuz I'm kinda disappointed if it is js

On another note I've just now found out the multi-quote button exists after having accidentally hit it to quote this one and this makes things a thousand times easier than they originally were