Flash Flash Revolution

Flash Flash Revolution (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/index.php)
-   Simulator Files (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Astronomic Metal Collection 2 (http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=108194)

Quigly 06-7-2009 11:31 AM

Re: Astronomic Metal Collection 2

I don't give a **** if they aren't metal they're still a ****ing amazing band.

Joe D 06-7-2009 11:49 AM

No really,lets step some Jonas Brothers and now its a metal Pack

Virus881 06-7-2009 04:47 PM

I would be glad if some of you review my A Change of Seasons simfile.

gozes 06-7-2009 05:14 PM

sweet im so ready for another one!@!@!

Bolth mannn 06-7-2009 07:25 PM

someone step Hate Me! by Children of Bodom

kommisar[os] 06-7-2009 07:26 PM

what. DOG_E submitted? that old ancient father time file of his?

N.T.M. 06-8-2009 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3099208)
I would be glad if some of you review my A Change of Seasons simfile.

Did you submit it?

I'm gonna review all new submissions soon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar[os] (Post 3099407)
what. DOG_E submitted? that old ancient father time file of his?

Got rejected, homez.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 3099405)

I made a reeeaaalllllyyy old chart for that. Sucks ass though. Prolly still the best chart for it though lmao. I can link you if you want.

Virus881 06-9-2009 10:41 PM

One song sent.

N.T.M. 06-10-2009 01:08 AM

Lots of unreviewed files :(. Sulfer's been gone and I've been busy with work 'n' ****. Kommi should review files ^_^.

*edit* I'll review stuff soon. Next day off is Friday.

And Joe I didn't forget about your file ;).

kommisar[os] 06-10-2009 03:03 AM

i would probably reject 70% of them

SulferDragon 06-10-2009 03:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3101437)
Lots of unreviewed files :(. Sulfer's been gone and I've been busy with work 'n' ****. Kommi should review files ^_^.

*edit* I'll review stuff soon. Next day off is Friday.

And Joe I didn't forget about your file ;).

I'm not gone. I've already played all of the new stuff. I just haven't posted anything.

I already said Kommi could judge, but him and all the other judges blew me off. I have not changed the password since I gave it to him, so if he wanted to he could go and review EVERY file in the inbox. Of course, I already deleted some of the old emails. Anything that has been accepted will stay accepted.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bolth mannn (Post 3099405)

Apparently, nobody who has posted in this thread has even looked at the first pack. I can't even remember if Melonman's is any good though.

foilman8805 06-10-2009 03:26 AM

I'm done with school on Thursday. I'll probably step another song.

I wouldn't mind stepping Hate Me! but it's almost 5 ****ing minutes. **** that. No one wants to play that.

SulferDragon 06-10-2009 03:28 AM

Cut it, silly.

foilman8805 06-10-2009 03:29 AM

I don't have any software that'll cut mp3s. Don't feel like downloading any either. If someone is kind of enough to supply a decent cut, I'll step it.

moches 06-10-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3098994)
No really,lets step some Jonas Brothers and now its a metal Pack

Don't forget Linkin Park.

I actually like Linkin Park though

SulferDragon 06-10-2009 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by foilman8805 (Post 3101500)
I don't have any software that'll cut mp3s. Don't feel like downloading any either. If someone is kind of enough to supply a decent cut, I'll step it.

Audacity Audacity Audacity

I'll cut it for you if I feel up to it tomorrow... er... later today, I mean.

Joe D 06-10-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kommisar[os] (Post 3101489)
i would probably reject 70% of them

Were trying to make this into Astronomic Metal Collection.Not Xoon Metal pack :lol:

leadafro 06-10-2009 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3101800)
Were trying to make this into Astronomic Metal Collection.Not Xoon Metal pack :lol:

So you want more shi77y files in the pack than half decent ones?

Astronomic collection Of ****ty metal files 2.... =/

Having a bigger pack of **** would just make people afraid of downloading the pack.Some people like me are trying to not waste 230 mb on their comps with trash....lol.

Joe D 06-10-2009 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadafro (Post 3101815)
So you want more shi77y files in the pack than half decent ones?

Astronomic collection Of ****ty metal files 2.... =/

Having a bigger pack of **** would just make people afraid of downloading the pack.Some people like me are trying to not waste 230 mb on their comps with trash....lol.

No im not saying To accept anything that comes its way.I think its ok if NTM and Sulfer are the only ones that judge.Kommi is too Strict judging.This is a Index/spread pack.An only spread chart will be too boring IMO

foilman8805 06-10-2009 04:27 PM

I was looking back at early judging notes...and I missed something.

Sulfer, if you could add in that jump at the beginning of M81 that you brought up, that would be awesome. Make it a left/up jump. I did it for M60, but not M81.

leadafro 06-10-2009 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3101908)
No im not saying To accept anything that comes its way.I think its ok if NTM and Sulfer are the only ones that judge.Kommi is too Strict judging.This is a Index/spread pack.An only spread chart will be too boring IMO

So your saying that Index files are ****ty by default?

I don't get it.

I like index too lol.

What I'm saying is most of the time submissions are crap, you just gotta know how to push people to do better on their files...Not saying that this applys to all people but to most. =/ but 70% sounds about right to me if your looking for quality control even if it be a spread or index file.

Joe D 06-10-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leadafro (Post 3101958)
So your saying that Index files are ****ty by default?

I don't get it.

I like index too lol.

What I'm saying is most of the time submissions are crap, you just gotta know how to push people to do better on their files...Not saying that this applys to all people but to most. =/ but 70% sounds about right to me if your looking for quality control even if it be a spread or index file.

No dude.My files are index (at least most are) and I had to fix most of em for this pack.I know Im 50%sure theyll be in the pack.I just need NTM to accept them but hes very buisy.Ill need him to accept around 6 files so ill be buisy too

N.T.M. 06-12-2009 08:38 PM

Finally have a day off work (after about 9 days) and.....

stomach flu!!!! I feel horrible. I just got on for a couple minutes here to tell you guys. I was gonna review files. Gotta stay in bed though :(.

Joe D 06-12-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3104296)
Finally have a day off work (after about 9 days) and.....

stomach flu!!!! I feel horrible. I just got on for a couple minutes here to tell you guys. I was gonna review files. Gotta stay in bed though :(.

loser.I was making a chart today with diarreah.Beat that !!!!

P.S.Ur Into the Oblivion.WHOAH!!!!! Soooo many Green notes and BPM changes.I remember when ur files were like......uhhh......undecent.I used to be afraid of downloading ur files but that all has changed in fact.Go re-chek ur sims at DDRPlace and chek it out :).I was generous that day (also very bored)

Djr Rap dancer 06-12-2009 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3104296)

This is a example of what you do not say in a forum rolf

N.T.M. 06-12-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Djr Rap dancer (Post 3104298)
This is a example of what you do not say in a forum rolf

I promised reviews and wanted to explain why I couldn't provide people with them.

But yeah, I'm getting off now. ttyl, guys

moches 06-12-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3104297)
loser.I was making a chart today with diarreah.Beat that !!!!

Uh...congratulations?

Joe D 06-12-2009 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moches (Post 3104311)
Uh...congratulations?

Why thank u.I didn finish cuz my girlfriend invited me to a Gang Bang.It didnt turn out too well :P

Djr Rap dancer 06-12-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3104316)
Why thank u.I didn finish cuz my girlfriend invited me to a Gang Bang.It didnt turn out too well :P

lol
be smart and don't blast moche kid
we don't care of yours kiddies activity

Joe D 06-12-2009 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3057435)
Judges:
SulferDragon
N.T.M.
Still looking for willing judges. Not ones who will be lazy, worthless procrastinators.

I would try but my stepping skills arent enough to judge(At lest I think) lol

Virus881 06-12-2009 11:41 PM

One simfile pending and I am making an effort to give some job to the judges :D
Stepping "The Shattered Fortress"

N.T.M. 06-13-2009 02:03 PM

A few more:

The Watchdog of hell: fun file, but the offset’s off:

Now assuming the song is a constant tempo, the correct offset is about -0.116

Meshuggah: Dude this was just the wrong song choice here. Even with flawless steps I’d reject this. Take the zigzag pattern - it went on for 17 measures!!! There’s just no fun factor I’m afraid. Sorry. Also, the sync was off at parts although ultimately that‘s irrelevant since it holds no weight in this file‘s rejection.

Once in a Lifetime (for Joe): In a nutshell the reason why this got rejected is because even rudimentary facets of PR, etc. got neglected. Now for just a few examples: The intro missed the preceding 24ths. M67 drum roll is an inaccurate pattern. M161 holds are descending pitch. M161 minijacks are ascending pitch. 8th note above m179 starts a TRILL (NOT AN ASCENDING SCALE).

Joe D 06-13-2009 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3104931)
Once in a Lifetime (for Joe): In a nutshell the reason why this got rejected is because even rudimentary facets of PR, etc. got neglected. Now for just a few examples: The intro missed the preceding 24ths. M67 drum roll is an inaccurate pattern. M161 holds are descending pitch. M161 minijacks are ascending pitch. 8th note above m179 starts a TRILL (NOT AN ASCENDING SCALE).

OMG FInally.I fixed those 24th a loooong time ago but Ill chek the other things u mentioned when I have the time

Virus881 06-14-2009 12:26 AM

I have just finished "The Shattered Fortress", but I fear that it's offsync.

PD: Also, DDReam studio doesn't manage very well the pauses, when I open the sim with DDream, red and blue arrows after the pause (where there is the unison, more problems) mess over and turn into 48ths!!

who_cares973 06-14-2009 01:10 AM

did you guys not get my abstract art file ?_?

N.T.M. 06-14-2009 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3105457)
did you guys not get my abstract art file ?_?

No, it wasn't in there. I remember you saying you sent it too. I figured that perhaps you decided not to send it last-minute. I still have the file you sent me via IM though. I liked it. I just wasn't sure if you were still submitting it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3105428)
I have just finished "The Shattered Fortress", but I fear that it's offsync.

PD: Also, DDReam studio doesn't manage very well the pauses, when I open the sim with DDream, red and blue arrows after the pause (where there is the unison, more problems) mess over and turn into 48ths!!

Yeah pauses cause issues with that program.

*edit* And dude the sync just has to be sufficient. Even some of GLoVE's best files are off by quite a bit in places. Within 5 ms is ideal IMO, however, it's not like "OMG you exceeded that-automatic rejection".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3104962)
OMG FInally.I fixed those 24th a loooong time ago but Ill chek the other things u mentioned when I have the time

lol Took me long enough, huh? But again, those are only a few of the errors just to serve as examples. Errors like that are present throughout the file so correcting it wouldn't be any simple fix. Sulfer's the "supreme judge" here though. If he decides it's sufficient, then it's accepted. Simple as that.

Virus881 06-14-2009 01:03 PM

As I have seen, you're very strict about syncing. I'll play the simfile to find the errors, it's the best way in my opinion.
At least, 5 first minutes are well synced. I checked that with DDReam and no great problems with that.

Joe D 06-14-2009 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3105500)
lol Took me long enough, huh? But again, those are only a few of the errors just to serve as examples. Errors like that are present throughout the file so correcting it wouldn't be any simple fix. Sulfer's the "supreme judge" here though. If he decides it's sufficient, then it's accepted. Simple as that.

Sulfer already accepted it.He told me just to fix the stuff u mentioned

sp1nzoK 06-14-2009 02:24 PM

My Prison Born fix 666 should be in there, that's the version which is test-worthy, dunno if you have many files that you haven't reviewed but just checking ;)

Virus881 06-15-2009 01:17 AM

I'm going to step Opeth's "The Leper Affinity".

who_cares973 06-15-2009 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3105500)
No, it wasn't in there. I remember you saying you sent it too. I figured that perhaps you decided not to send it last-minute. I still have the file you sent me via IM though. I liked it. I just wasn't sure if you were still submitting it.

i added an index friendlier version to the one i sent you. guess i'll resubmit then

N.T.M. 06-15-2009 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3105862)
Sulfer already accepted it.He told me just to fix the stuff u mentioned

Very well. He's top judge. His call.

Quote:

Originally Posted by who_cares973 (Post 3106439)
i added an index friendlier version to the one i sent you. guess i'll resubmit then

Awesome. I'll check it out after work tomorrow. Dunnow what happened there. Weird.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sp1nzoK (Post 3105878)
My Prison Born fix 666 should be in there, that's the version which is test-worthy, dunno if you have many files that you haven't reviewed but just checking ;)

I musta missed it. I think there are several files actually that I've yet to review. Sorry for taking so long. I appreciate your patience.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3105806)
As I have seen, you're very strict about syncing. I'll play the simfile to find the errors, it's the best way in my opinion.
At least, 5 first minutes are well synced. I checked that with DDReam and no great problems with that.

But the simile’s rejection was predetermined due to song choice (even with the cut). It’s not a bad song… just a bad song for stepmania. Try to pick something more interesting. It doesn’t have to be long. I personally would accept a file length like Classical Guitar Solo if it’s interesting/fun enough.

*edit* This is not to imply that I didn't look into the file anyways. I always spend a fair amount of time going through stuff.

Joe D 06-15-2009 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3106460)
Very well. He's top judge. His call.

Uhhh so ur saying if he accepts then u accept?

Virus881 06-15-2009 03:36 PM

Ok. I will send my simfile anyways... Anything is wrong, I'll make my best to fix it.

The song lasts about 13 minutes, but it's quite fun, not boring.

Joe D 06-15-2009 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3106947)
Ok. I will send my simfile anyways... Anything is wrong, I'll make my best to fix it.

13 minute songs are rareley fun:roll:

N.T.M. 06-15-2009 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3106947)

Haven't played it yet but major props on stepping a song that long. I'd go crazy =P.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3106933)
Uhhh so ur saying if he accepts then u accept?

His decision overrides mine.

icontrolyourworld 06-15-2009 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe D (Post 3107012)
13 minute songs are rareley fun:roll:

i prefer long songs with hard steps.

Dear N.T.M. (I.E. new GLoVE) i love you.

Virus881 06-15-2009 11:46 PM

But most of metal files that deserve that length are full of surprises.

Also long songs like Metropolis pt.1, Master of Puppets, This Dying Soul and The Glass Prison (Shirogitsune's and Dukamok's versions) are not boring at all.

@NTM: I went crazy trying to syncing it perfectly, you'll not be the only one. xD

SulferDragon 06-16-2009 04:34 PM

Someone step the full version of Beyond This Life (and make it good). It's pretty much the only 10+ minute song I would want to play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3107490)
His decision overrides mine.

Yeah, though I'd only accept it if you had minor complaints, but if you're only rejecting it for pitch relevancy issues then I might accept it.

These reviews are a little old. Haven't checked the email recently.

Abstract Art - Accepted with some tweaks - I really hate this **** where every step is any other color but red or blue and the BPM changes every half of a measure. It's so chaotic that I can't tell whether or not what I played was good or bad. I think I liked most of it, but I definitely felt the last 20 measures were stepped poorly (both charts). It could be a lot better PR wise, but I don't care much about that.

Blazing Hate (again) - Accepted, kind of - I swear, every time you make a change to this something else ends up wrong. Well, screw it, I'll just fix it myself. If you don't mind that is.

Bodom After Midnight - sry - Already in the first pack, heeelllooooooo...

Eve of Seduction - Accepted with some tweaks - This file is fun, but it seems like you rushed over it and didn't feel like checking your work. Let's just say that almost every time you have 24th or 32nd bursts following the drums, they're innacurate in one way or another. Places like measure 88 shouldn't have those jump triplets (whatever), but should only have two jumps. The solo seemed good for the most part, but I think there were one or two errors. I don't know, I'm too tired.

Holy Wars - jksdfjksdg - Also in the first pack. Are you not even familiar with it? I actually played every single one of Melonman's files before I made it. Any of his files that I liked were already included in the first one. Maybe I missed one or two, but I don't think so.

I - Rejected - Wow, no offense, but this is awful. That's probably largely to blame on the wretched song choice. A minute into the song and it was repeating the exact same **** it had been since the beginning. HOLY CRAP! Who wants to play that?!

Not Alone - Needs work - Parts of this are ok, but other parts seem unfinished -- the drums should be layered in. I'm not saying a simfile has to be layered, but in this it seems empty. The jump placement is off at times (measure 37 as an example). Measure 132 shouldn't even have those jumps; it should be 16ths instead. Measure 139, 140 is also all wrong. More than anything, though, the solo is a mess. The two 16th streams are 12ths, the holds in measures 103, 104 shouldn't even exist, and there are a few other inaccuracies. I wouldn't call this bad, but it needs work.

Prepare for War - Accepted - Every version I play of this file seems better than the last. Every version also makes mine look even more ****ty. So, yeah, I guess it's good enough. The cut is garbage though.

Prison Born (v666) - Accepted - Kind of hard... we need more files like this.

Sacred Land (again) - Accepted - uh-huh

The Watchdog of Hell - Accepted - I fixed the sync. That small of a difference is hardly noticeable.

Joe D 06-16-2009 05:18 PM

Yeah all I need is Eve of Seduction and all my songs will be in the pack.Im already 100% sure Once in a Lifetime and Sacred Land are accepted.

Blazing Hate-Yeah feel free to fix anything :). I know anything N.T.M. will find wrong will possibly be the 32nds but you tell him u told me to eliminate them :).His last review said the offset (which I fixed) and PR (Which doesnt count).So this is a safe bet to get in

NTMs Prepare for War is an awesomely perfect sim.As u c my OIALT cut I actually got the idea out of this ones.

NTM hasnt cheked my Worlds End.He did say he liked most of my other files so i guess hell like it.

Oh yeah I have another Once in a Lifetime with a few fixed errors.Should I send it.I think ittl be better for the pack

BTW Sulfer,glad to c ur bak in this forum :)

Edit:Oh yeah my Blank File.NTM hasnt accepted that one but Sulfer did ;)

Virus881 06-16-2009 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon;3108167
I - [COLOR="Red"
Rejected[/color] - Wow, no offense, but this is awful. That's probably largely to blame on the wretched song choice. A minute into the song and it was repeating the exact same **** it had been since the beginning. HOLY CRAP! Who wants to play that?!

Don't worry, I'm resigned with that song :lol:
Anyways, with that song, I got better my syncing techniques.
I hope my next simfiles would be better.

Greetings.

sp1nzoK 06-16-2009 08:36 PM

About making graphics, any accepted files that don't have a set of graphics just PM me with band - songname, I'll probably have enough taste to whip out fitting graphics without directions.

Also I might step something else if I learn DDReam a bit or find nice constant bpm song (I think I have one).

Virus881 06-16-2009 11:14 PM

Allright, I've submitted a 4 minute cut of The Leper Affinity. I think it's my best about syncing matters.

Charlo 06-17-2009 10:04 AM

Just submitted six of my files, hopefully it's okay that I uploaded them as attachments.

Virus881 06-21-2009 02:39 PM

Some inspiration:

I want to step some of Iron Maiden and/or Judas Priest =)

Joe D 06-21-2009 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3057436)
[b]Files N.T.M. needs to judge (oldest first):
Blank File (+)
World's End (+)
When Legends Come to Life
Not Alone
Abstract Art (+.)
Sacred Land (+)
Eve of Seduction
Prison Born (+)

What do those plus sighns mean.Im guessing songs Sulfer accepted

sp1nzoK 06-22-2009 04:36 AM

To N.T.M. I'm pretty sure only sync flaw in Prison Born are the 24th notes, if there are any, I'm getting paranoid, so when you review the file sometime in future take extra notice on the 24ths, I don't want the file to be pooped with that kind of possible mistake. Cheers :)

Other things I noticed:
-The zip might still contain the useless .old files.
-The .sm has bpm of 260.001 instead of 260.000 does it auto-change .sm file bpm or how did that "1" get there.

Plan_Bsk81127 06-22-2009 07:44 AM

Nice, good to see a #2 come out. :) This time can we some like good rock and metal in. I dont mind playing stuff like Rhapsody and Dragonforce, and all bands like them, but when a majority of the pack is that stuff, it makes it eh to me. Idk, just saying I would like to see more like out there metel like As I lay Dying, disturbed, all that remains, and all that stuff. lol.

Virus881 06-22-2009 08:45 AM

Hey men, are Rush simfiles accepted? I have a never-released version of 2112.

Charlo 06-25-2009 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3114881)
Hey men, are Rush simfiles accepted? I have a never-released version of 2112.

Sulfer's first post says "Submit metal/rock stuff. Anything, I don't care," so I'm guessing Rush would be fine. ;)

SulferDragon 06-25-2009 04:44 PM

I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.

sp1nzoK 06-26-2009 08:12 AM

Suggestion for atleast one released song to include:

Scar Symmetry - Prism & Gate (Mr. Bob)

moches 06-27-2009 08:05 AM

sent in another file.

Virus881 06-29-2009 01:44 AM

And what did you do the last pack??

Joe D 06-29-2009 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virus881 (Post 3125521)
And what did you do the last pack??

He picked up some files on the database (mostly ones on bemanistyle) and put them alltogether into a pack.Also changed any poor grafix and/or cd titles

N.T.M. 06-30-2009 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3120108)
I haven't judged anything because I haven't really opened StepMania the past week. N.T.M. seems to have totally disappeared. I'm thinking of forgetting about judging all together and just doing what I did with the first pack, while keeping submissions open, of course. This project is getting really boring.

I'll at least judge the files I downloaded last time I checked the email... when I'm in the mood.

No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know :(. Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SulferDragon (Post 3108167)

Prepare for War - Accepted - Every version I play of this file seems better than the last. Every version also makes mine look even more ****ty. So, yeah, I guess it's good enough. The cut is garbage though.

lol I love the cut though. It eliminates most of the monotony associated with DF songs without (for the most part) sacrificing any climatic elements.

There's a read me file inside too. The song caused a ****load of problems.

And sorry about submitting those files. I tend to forget stuff. Since like... a long time I've only been stepping + playing new packs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by icontrolyourworld (Post 3107512)
Dear N.T.M. (I.E. new GLoVE) i love you.

Aw, I love you too.

moches 07-3-2009 11:40 PM

sent in one more file. might send one file to end them all. (hint: Born of the Ground)

also Vanity got into DCP2 whoopee..owait. you can pull it if you want. it's not exactly metal anyway.

Virus881 07-8-2009 12:01 AM

SulferDragon 07-9-2009 06:20 PM

Um, hi. Yeah, I am actually working on reviewing the files. I've just been busy and/or lazy. You can still send stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by N.T.M. (Post 3126767)
No dude!!! My computer got fried!! I'm only able to type this cuz it's on my friend's computer. I'll be getting my new one soon. There was just no way to let you guys know :(. Sorry, man.

A few days 'til I get my new one.

That's another thing. I am sick of you're excuses, whether they be good ones or not.

Also, your post totally sounds like something Ben Speirs would say.

I'm not calling this pack dead, because it isn't. I could just release it with the stuff I already have if I wanted to.

Joe D 07-9-2009 06:32 PM

OMG wait Sulfer let me send u some fixed files

Bluearrowll 07-9-2009 07:04 PM

Working on a Warmen file for this. about 110 seconds done.

Joe D 07-9-2009 07:21 PM

k sent my files already.BTW Bluearrowl good luk on that Warmen file,Warmens awesome

And Sulfer.How many songs do u have in total already?scince u say u can release it whenever u want

Virus881 07-9-2009 08:06 PM

I have 4 files in the queue.

· Dream Theater - The Shattered Fortress (complete)
· Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (complete)
· Dream Theater - The Darkest of Winters (A Change of Seasons 4 minute cut)
· Opeth - The Leper Affinity (4 minute cut)

Metallica doesn't respect very much its metronome, so making charts for Metallica is a tough job.

SulferDragon 07-13-2009 08:14 PM

Okay.

This is the last batch of stuff I'm going to review. I don't feel like doing this anymore. I've lost too much interest in this pack to judge every file. Feel free to send stuff to the email. I'll still play it, and I will accept it if I like it. I'm still going to release this sometime. I just don't know when.

A Swarm of Plagues - Needs work - Errors I found as follows:
m24, The 16ths only last for one beat, not two.
m32, Same thing.
m47, Those are more like 12ths and 24ths, not 16ths.
m64, Part of that stream shouldn't exist.
m72-73, Why do some of the vocals have holds. Remove them, or put holds on all the vocals
m76, I still think those holds are pointless.
m103, 16th stream starts a beat to soon.
m146, Like measure 64.
m167, One of those 8th notes goes to nothing.
m168-182, The holds aren't a bad idea, but there's no reason why all the vocals shouldn't have them.
m207, Those holds are stupid.
Overall the file is unpolished. The patterns seem very lazy. Put some thought into them.

A Warrior's Death - Accepted with some tweaks - The patterns in this are much better than the first file, and overall it is much more fun. The use of holds is sketchy throughout the whole file. This seems to be a problem with a lot of your files I have played. It's not that bad in this file, except in places such as measures 37-42. Some of the holds are half-notes, some are quarter-notes, and others are completely ignored. Talk about inconsistent. This song is also a bit on the long side. Although, it is varied enough to be interesting.

Carrion Sculpted Entity - Accepted with some tweaks - Good index stepfile fare. I would like to see something else more interesting done with that long 16th stream at measure 101-118. That's about it. Thankfully, it's short; otherwise, I would reject it on account of being boring.

Euphoric Dream - Accepted with some tweaks - Errors I found as follows:
m104, Why can't you put 16ths in between the jumps?
m114, The error should be obvious if you listen to the guitar.
m132, I think the correct pattern is more like this.
m195-196, I honestly think that 16th stream breaks the flow and is out of place.
m201, I don't think all those steps actually go to sounds.
m203-204, Just like measure 195.
The 24ths in the solo are all wrong. They're not 24ths at all. Also, some of the 16ths should actually be 24ths. You stepped everything backwards!
I also noticed the sync in this file was really bad. It might be the gap, or it could be the BPM. I don't know. Either way, it's wrong. Some of your other files might be off too, but I don't feel like checking.
Overall, this file is actually really fun. It's probably the best file I have ever played by you. It's certainly the most consistent. The song is ****ing great too. Fix this file.

The Dunes - Needs work - I could tell one second into this file that I wasn't going to accept it. It violates rule #2 right off the bat. That's not to say it's bad. In fact, it was actually pretty fun, but I'm afraid that won't be quite enough. I'm extremely sick of going into detail about every error, so I'll just list the measures you should look at: m24, m43, m66, m74, m92, m96, m132, m154

The Leper Affinity - Rejected - The patterns are repetitive and not fun. I can't tell what half the holds are for. If you cut it at measure 97 it would at least be decent, but it really gets bad after that. Overall, the file strikes me as lazy.

The Shattered Fortress - Needs work - I almost quit before I got through the first 100 seconds. It's pretty much repeating the same **** over and over for that entire time. After that it was fun for a bit, but then it got repetitive again. Next it got boring. After that it got interesting during the guitar solo thingy, but the steps and layering were sloppy. It was still fun though. Then the BPM slowed down and... okay, seriously, I can't go into detail for a file this long. The file has it's moments, but it's overlong and unamazing (kind of like the new Transformers movie, only not as painful). There are way too many offbeat, missing, and steps that shouldn't even exist it would take ages to go into detail about every error. Seriously, this is way too long. Songs this long have to be amazing if you want me to accept them. If it was four minutes it might have a chance. It would have errors, but it could work with some fixes. This needs a lot of help.

Token of Time - Accepted - This gets accepted because, 1: it's index friendly; 2: it's very fun; and 3: we need more folk metal. It has errors though.

Track on Fire - Rejected - Why? Well, instrumental songs like these demand pitch relevancy and as accurate steps as possible. If this was stepped accurately it would be like a giant pack of skittles. It's basically five minutes of 24th and 16th streams. Not much thought seems to have gone into here.

I will update the second post with every file I have in the pack later.

moches 07-13-2009 08:18 PM

Hey, uh, did you get Papercut?

SulferDragon 07-13-2009 08:22 PM

Haven't played it, but considering you stepped it, I probably will. I did download it, but I wanted to get those nine files out of the way.

brb playing

Virus881 07-13-2009 08:54 PM

So... I think that the second The Glass Prison solo can be a good chart (I mean 9:40 - 12:50)

SulferDragon 07-13-2009 09:08 PM

It probably could.

Oh, played the other stuff I had, because I'm in the mood. I didn't really review them though. Also, I haven't checked the email forever.

Follow Me - Needs work - Not entirely inaccurate, but it isn't fun. It also gets a little repetitive. I can't stand the song either, but this pack is open to anything. btw, you missed a 16th right at the beginning (and whenever that pattern repeats).

Once in a Lifetime v23232 - Accepted - I would have accepted this before, but, wow, it's even better now. Very good.

Papercut - Accepted - Not one of your best, but it's good enough.

Pull Me Under - Accepted with some tweaks - Damnit, man, this was looking really good, but you made some really bad stepping choices. Very fixable though. It also would be nice to get a cut at the end.

Vanity - What is metal? - I guess this gets metal-ish for a short time, but putting this in here would be a stretch. You probably don't want it in here anyway.

Joe D 07-15-2009 11:50 AM

k sweet

BTW Sulfer I sent a fixed When Leyends Come to Life and Eve of Seduction,In case u forgot em or anything

Oh and Blazing Hate wasnt on the list of accepted files either,did u already fix what was wrong?

If im not lazy id possibly submit something else to this pack but yeah Im a bit bored of steppin and stuff so....w/e

Virus881 07-15-2009 02:13 PM

Hey Sulfer, can you send me the sm file of the fixed version of Pull Me Under please? I want to watch it out.